PDA

View Full Version : Virus Rebels from France to Florida Flout Lockdown Practices

jimnyc
03-22-2020, 11:59 AM
Now how many of the thousands of idiots that pressed on with spring break will get sick? And more importantly, how many others will they then get sick?

--

Virus Rebels from France to Florida Flout Lockdown Practices

People from Europe to the U.S. are ignoring orders and recommendations to stay at home to help stop the coronavirus from spreading

PARIS (AP) — Young German adults hold “corona parties” and cough toward older people. A Spanish man leashes a goat to go for a walk to skirt confinement orders. From France to Florida to Australia, kitesurfers, college students and others crowd the beaches.

Their defiance of lockdown mandates and has prompted crackdowns by authorities on people trying to escape cabin fever brought on by virus restrictions. In some cases, the virus rebels resist — threatening police as officials express outrage over public gatherings that could spread the virus.

“Some consider they’re little heroes when they break the rules,” said French Interior Minister Christophe Castaner. “Well, no. You’re an imbecile, and especially a threat to yourself.”

After days of noncompliance by people refusing to stay home and venture out only for essential tasks, France on Friday sent security forces into train stations to prevent people from traveling to their vacation homes, potentially carrying the virus to the countryside or beaches where medical facilities are less robust. The popular Paris walkway along the Seine River was closed and a nightly curfew was imposed in the French Mediterranean city of Nice by Mayor Christian Estrosi, who is infected with the virus.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/news/virus-rebels-from-france-to-florida-flout-lockdown-practices-2/

High_Plains_Drifter
03-22-2020, 02:37 PM
Ya just can't fix STUPID...

----------

Florida College Students Test Positive for Coronavirus After Spring Break Trip

Five college students from the University of Tampa tested positive for the coronavirus after coming back from a spring break trip, the school announced.

WFLA reported that the students were traveling together with other University of Tampa students before testing positive. The school did not state where the students went during their break or whether they lived in the dorms or off-campus.

The students are currently recovering from the disease and are in self-isolation, WFTS reported.

The university sent its well-wishes to those students recovering from the coronavirus in a Saturday tweet.

UT has been notified that five UT students, traveling together and with other UT students during Spring Break, have tested positive for COVID-19. We sincerely wish our students, and any others who may be affected, a full and rapid recovery. https://t.co/MXl4e1v3gh

— The University of Tampa (@UofTampa) March 21, 2020

“We sincerely wish our students, and any others who may be affected, a full and rapid recovery,” the university posted on Twitter Saturday night.

The university moved all classes online on March 17 and had canceled in-person commencement, according to the university website.

The news comes as many college spring breakers had partied on Florida’s beaches despite social distancing orders from officials to limit groups to ten.

Miami Beach shut down its beaches in response to the growing coronavirus pandemic after spring breakers defied officials’ social distancing orders to party on the beach.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis put the final nail in the coffin for many spring breakers’ plans when he said Thursday that “the party’s over in Florida” because many of the state’s beaches and bars are closed.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/2020/03/22/florida-college-students-test-positive-coronavirus-after-spring-break-trip/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR0kTaoE7iZ-FhUpfkF767EBBSop_t0xb36KHMaN-p-Os6nU2xBEwPqjRco&fbclid=IwAR0BhHn9pqzvYYa5jngdPnlp8aABSuf4SiYzhsjpX hek1oJjN1299ffgp7Q

Gunny
03-22-2020, 02:48 PM
I don't know what lockdown is there, but I get out and run/walk every morning and I don't give a damn what anyone thinks about it. I will also point out I usually go at 4:45 AM. I don't come in contact with anyone. It took me over a year to get to where I could walk without a cane and longer to be able to run. I ain't willingly giving that back.

BUT ... to just be a malicious a-hole? Arrest them and throw them in jail. Then they can wonder who in the holding cell has the virus every time they hear a cough.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-22-2020, 02:57 PM
I don't know what lockdown is there, but I get out and run/walk every morning and I don't give a damn what anyone thinks about it. I will also point out I usually go at 4:45 AM. I don't come in contact with anyone. It took me over a year to get to where I could walk without a cane and longer to be able to run. I ain't willingly giving that back.

BUT ... to just be a malicious a-hole? Arrest them and throw them in jail. Then they can wonder who in the holding cell has the virus every time they hear a cough.
For sure there's nothing wrong with just getting outside to walk or run, in fact they were recommending it so people don't get cabin fever around here. They just added the usual other precautions... keep your distance from other people, don't touch anything if you don't have to, blah, blah.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-22-2020, 03:04 PM
Florida Sen. Scott: 'Spring breakers have forced the shutdown' of beaches

Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla., told Fox News on Sunday that “spring breakers have forced the shutdown” of beaches in Florida.

Speaking via Skype on “Fox & Friends Weekend” Scott, who is in self-quarantine, made the comment as beaches and hotels in the Florida Keys are expected to officially close to control the spread of the coronavirus.

Monroe County announced that starting at 6 p.m. on Sunday, any hotel or visitor lodging site in the Florida Keys will have to shut down, Fox 13 reported, adding that the mandate will be in effect for 14 days, but could be extended.

The mandate applies to all visitors and all non-essential personnel who are not working in the Keys. County officials will reevaluate the ban every day.

Many of the state’s beaches, including those in Miami-Dade County, have been ordered to close after images of rowdy spring break college crowds surfaced amid the rising global death toll, which surpassed 13,400 on Sunday, according to data compiled by Fox News.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/florida-sen-scott-spring-breakers-have-forced-the-shutdown-of-beaches?fbclid=IwAR0EjiFhG6Vio7aYWW_WGYR4kiw3D2qkb CzSsXV5DgY0FQY1DVz8eTLvvHc

Gunny
03-22-2020, 03:09 PM
For sure there's nothing wrong with just getting outside to walk or run, in fact they were recommending it so people don't get cabin fever around here. They just added the usual other precautions... keep your distance from other people, don't touch anything if you don't have to, blah, blah.I think it is situational. The East Coast is far more densely populated than it is here, especially further west from here. The NE and Northern Midwest are probably the worst.

Then there is the fact that the top 3 states with the most draconian lockdowns are also the top 3 most leftwingnut states in the US because of the major cities that drive them. NY, IL and CA. PA is straggling at 4.

Thank goodness the "gym" is in the garage downstairs. I have more weight than I can lift. So if I get bored, THERE is a goal ... :)

High_Plains_Drifter
03-22-2020, 04:04 PM
I think it is situational. The East Coast is far more densely populated than it is here, especially further west from here. The NE and Northern Midwest are probably the worst.

Then there is the fact that the top 3 states with the most draconian lockdowns are also the top 3 most leftwingnut states in the US because of the major cities that drive them. NY, IL and CA. PA is straggling at 4.

Thank goodness the "gym" is in the garage downstairs. I have more weight than I can lift. So if I get bored, THERE is a goal ... :)
I hear that. I live on a dead end street in a tiny little out of the way town that doesn't even have a major highway near it, and top that off with there isn't any reported cases in my county, or the county north and east of me and I think I'm relatively safe here hunkered down at my place, since this town is in the furthest NE corner of the county, I have a good buffer around me of no reported cases.

Got more weight on my gym than I can lift too, so in that regard, we both have a goal... :thumb:

I've rarely if ever been bored here at my place either. I have a ton of things I can do. I have a nice chunk of land, a nice heated, two story shop, tools coming out my ears and enough projects lined up to keep me busy for YEARS, not months.

I do have a treadmill though too, and right now, I'm more inclined to use that than to go wander around the streets for a jog, and I can either jam the tunes or watch TV while on the treadmill.