PDA

View Full Version : Great news also on malaria drug - to fight CV-19

jimnyc
03-22-2020, 12:31 PM
A lot of back and forth on this one, will it or won't it work, what trials and how long, and the red tape....

But if I'm in the ICU - gimme that crap, I'll sign any waiver you have! Just give me the appropriate dosage.

I truly hope these trials get positive results quickly & they can find a way to bypass any red tape and just get it out there. This is a pandemic, it isn't normal times. If this can save lives, then do it.

Still some fighting out there as some simply won't support it as Trump is the one pushing it now. Hell, the man didn't invent it nor do any studies. Someone simply kept him updated and gave him the knowledge. Then of course you will have some that will want all the red tape possible anyway, and it would delay things at least a year most likely.

MSN was pointing out how if this drug were taken in 2 gram dosages that it could kill you. Well hell, that could be true about many drugs, including even caffeine as Trump jr. pointed out. It's just an asinine argument is all.

But then onto the good news. A known quantity using the drug and appears recovering quickly due to the drug.

--

Donald Trump Jr. UNLOADS on Latest Liberal Media BS on Hopeful and Proven Hydroxychloroquine Treatment for Coronavirus

https://i.imgur.com/yW2oyBN.png

Late last week President Donald Trump announced a new medical treatment that includes malaria drug chloroquine and Z-pac cocktail to battle the coronavirus.

There are three international studies that show the combination is very effective in treating the coronavirus and also acts as a prophylactic.

https://i.imgur.com/wsi7MRL.png

This prompted the liberal media to immediately downplay the drug’s success rate in order to trash President Trump.

Even in a national crisis the liberal media’s main goal is to trash Donald Trump.

https://i.imgur.com/DNm46pA.png

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/donald-trump-jr-unloads-on-latest-liberal-media-bs-on-hopeful-and-proven-hydroxychloroquine-treatment-for-coronavirus/

Actor Daniel Dae Kim Credits Anti-Malaria Drug Hydroxychloroquine in His Coronavirus Recovery

Actor Daniel Dae Kim released a video on Instagram on Saturday where he credited a hydroxychloroquine cocktail with aiding his recovery from the coronavirus.

Kim announced he contracted the disease days ago.

In his latest video he says the medical “cocktail” consisted of the antiviral medicine TamiFlu, the antibiotic Azithromycin, a Glycopyrrolate inhaler, and the antimalarial drug Hydroxychloroquine.

And Daniel Dae Kim said the hydroxychloroquine was the secret weapon to his recovery.

The actor says his progress continues and he feels practically back to normal.

MSN.com reported:

Lost actor Daniel Dae Kim has claimed that an antimalarial drug has left him feeling better after being diagnosed with coronavirus.

The Hawaii native was able to confirm he had contracted the bug by using a coronavirus test kit – which he says he will not use again due to the shortage of testing materials.

The age-defying star, 51, whose only symptom was congestion, took to Instagram to share his story on battling the virus on Saturday night.

Hawaii 5-0’s Daniel explained that he was given a “drug cocktail” by his physician – which included antimalarial drug Hydroxychloroquine, which he says was “crucial” in battling the bug.

The list of medicines he took consisted of the antiviral medicine TamiFlu, the antibiotic Azithromycin, a Glycopyrrolate inhaler alongside Hydroxychloroquine.

Daniel was careful to remind his fans that he is not a medical professional and added that he believed his recovery was so strong because he started the prescription before he got a high fever.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/actor-daniel-dae-kim-credits-anti-malaria-drug-hydroxychloroquine-in-his-recovery-from-coronavirus-video/

jimnyc
03-22-2020, 12:37 PM
It appears some hospitals aren't waiting for the go ahead.

--

Hospitals Begin Stockpiling Hydroxychloroquine Following Announcement of its Success Rate in Battling Coronavirus

On Friday night Dr. Mehmet Oz was the latest medical professional to cheer the news of a successful drug combination that shows a 100% success rate in fighting the coronavirus.

Dr. Oz said, “There was actually pretty big news today. There was a paper that came out yesterday that was being discussed but didn’t get the attention that I thought it would that a paper from France that the use of an old drug, the malaria drug together with the Z-Pac seemed to dramatically impact on this virus. And that could be the biggest game changer of all that can alter if we can ever become Italy… But I’ll give you the biggest fact of all. In this study they shortened the amount of time the patients excreted the virus down to six days. The norm is approaching 20 days. That completely changes the behavior of the virus. Which means it may be actually more like a flu virus in its impact on us. It’s still dangerous but now as contagious… If drug that has already been on the market for 65 years could be effective in treating a new virus, yes there are potential side effects, there are eye problems that potentially arise, we know that we use these drugs commonly. But I think it’s worth the chance. And we should be doing the study starting today! And we’ll know in six days. In the meantime the task force is going to liberalize use of these medications.

On Saturday morning President Trump tweeted out the good news on the chloroquine:

https://i.imgur.com/Kl2o6Tl.png

Several hospitals are already stockpiling the Hydroxychloroquine following the news this week on its success rate in treating coronavirus.

Bloomberg.com reported:

Hospitals have been rushing to stockpile a decades-old antimalarial drug touted by President Donald Trump and others as a treatment for the new coronavirus.

Hydroxychloroquine is being snapped up by medical systems at more than twice the typical pace as U.S. hospitals seek to build large inventories in anticipation of the medication’s potential use in patients with Covid-19, the respiratory illness caused by the coronavirus.

From March 1 through March 17, U.S. hospitals bought an average of 16,110 units of hydroxychloroquine, compared with an average 8,800 units a month from January 2019 through February 2020, according to Premier Inc., which helps 4,000 member hospitals buy and manage their supplies.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/hospitals-begin-stockpiling-hydroxychloroquine-following-announcement-of-its-success-rate-in-battling-coronavirus/

Dr. Andrew Bostom: THE TIME IS NOW! Use Chloroquine (CQ) as Coronavirus Prophylaxis

Dr. Bostom is the latest medical professional to urge the use of chloroquine to not only treat the coronavirus but to use a prophylaxis by medical professionals.

Might/Should this be offered to healthcare workers as a “chronic”/daily regimen while they deal with the covid19 epidemic (analogous to lupus patients who take CQ chronically for anti-inflammatory benefits), or very short term for one high risk exposure to covid19–say a family member suddenly develops the disease, and the rest of the family could be offered high dose short term therapy?

See hypothesis paper of Chang, R.; Sun, W. “Repositioning Chloroquine as Ideal Antiviral Prophylactic against COVID-19 – Time is Now.” [Preprint] https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/202003.0279/v1

“Here we reviewed CQ’s antiviral mechanisms, its laboratory efficacy activity against COVID-19, as well as CQ’s pharmacokinetics in its established use against malaria and autoimmune diseases to recommend safe and potentially efficacious dose regimens for protection against COVID-19: a pre-exposure prophylaxis of 250-500mg daily and post-exposure prophylaxis at 8mg/kg/day for 3 days. We recommend further urgent research on CQ for COVID-19 prevention and urge that the above regimens be investigated in parallel with mass deployment by relevant agencies in attempts to contain the pandemic without unnecessary regulatory delays as benefits far outweigh risks or costs.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/dr-andrew-bostom-the-time-is-now-use-chloroquine-cq-as-coronavirus-prophylaxis/

Gunny
03-22-2020, 02:40 PM
I have to say, given a choice, which I don't see happening given my lowly station in life, I'd take the malaria pills. They've been used for years and most side effects are known. When your choice is that or die, I'll go with "that". If it didn't work I'd be in the same place I started.

My understanding is one of the current "fixes" is putting people on ventilators then running a tube through your ribs in the back into your lungs and sucking the crap out. Been there done that. That is EXACTLY how I was hooked up 3 years ago. I had a bacterial infection in my lung and it was filling with junk faster than my body could discharge it.

I did come out alive, but I did not come out okay and I still have issues from it that I assume are permanent. All this to point out I don't think my body could withstand a Round 2. My only choice as I see it is to not get it until they have a vaccine that has trickled down the gravy chain far enough for us mere mortals to rate it.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-22-2020, 02:52 PM
I have to say, given a choice, which I don't see happening given my lowly station in life, I'd take the malaria pills. They've been used for years and most side effects are known. When your choice is that or die, I'll go with "that". If it didn't work I'd be in the same place I started.

My understanding is one of the current "fixes" is putting people on ventilators then running a tube through your ribs in the back into your lungs and sucking the crap out. Been there done that. That is EXACTLY how I was hooked up 3 years ago. I had a bacterial infection in my lung and it was filling with junk faster than my body could discharge it.

I did come out alive, but I did not come out okay and I still have issues from it that I assume are permanent. All this to point out I don't think my body could withstand a Round 2. My only choice as I see it is to not get it until they have a vaccine that has trickled down the gravy chain far enough for us mere mortals to rate it.
I've had the tube through the back into the lung myself, but it wasn't sufficient, so I got a much bigger tube through the ribs into the lung, about as big around as your little finger, and I'm not shittin'... all I remember is the worst pain I've ever felt in my life, and the doctor saying 2 or 3 times... "FIVE MORE CC's OF MORPHINE"... I passed out after I heard a huge gushing of crap from my lung. Like an idiot, I helped this guy dig a grave when it was like 5 below, and by the time we were done it hurt to breath. The cold dry air just did a number on my lungs. Good thing it wasn't both, or I'd probably be dead.

FakeNewsSux
03-22-2020, 11:26 PM
This happened around noon today but I didn't catch it:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1241748984756162560

Kathianne
03-22-2020, 11:33 PM
This happened around noon today but I didn't catch it:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1241748984756162560

The president mentioned it several times in the briefing in the late afternoon.

It's my understanding that this will be part of a study on the drug combination.