PDA

View Full Version : Jim's Old Pal JB - Hibernation Complete

NightTrain
03-24-2020, 06:38 PM
jimnyc

Here's your buddy JB, pic was taken yesterday down in Girdwood. Looks like he survived just fine and this 41 degree weather woke the little fella up!

Abbey Marie
03-24-2020, 06:41 PM
Little fella, lol!

jimnyc
03-24-2020, 06:42 PM
That fu&^er is HUGE!!!!!

Even on the other side of prison bars that is one intimidating animal!

jimnyc
03-24-2020, 06:44 PM
And I'll say it again, and any one of you would say the same thing if you were staring at a sign and that things walks in front of you about 3-5 feet away. WTF and holy shit!!

He alone was well worth the price of admission though. And then the other 200 animals I'll never see again in my lifetime as well!

High_Plains_Drifter
03-24-2020, 06:48 PM
A "woke" grizz... what's next? ... :laugh:

NightTrain
03-24-2020, 06:56 PM
I wish I'd gotten that on video... Jim was leaning over trying to read the info placard and ol' JB suddenly appeared from behind that board right in front of Jim.

He gave a not-so-macho squawk and sprinted backwards. I didn't even know that was possible until right then.

In fairness, it would have startled me, too, and I've seen hundreds of them. Still, I chortled for a couple hours about it... I'm kind of a dick that way.

A "woke" grizz... what's next? ... :laugh:

Yes, indeed! Note JB is politely observing the 6' social distance rule.

jimnyc
03-24-2020, 07:02 PM
I wish I'd gotten that on video... Jim was leaning over trying to read the info placard and ol' JB suddenly appeared from behind that board right in front of Jim.

He gave a not-so-macho squawk and sprinted backwards. I didn't even know that was possible until right then.

In fairness, it would have startled me, too, and I've seen hundreds of them. Still, I chortled for a couple hours about it... I'm kind of a dick that way.

In fairness, for about 1 second there, I forgot there was a fence between us, and figured I was about to meet my maker at the ungodly sized claws and paws of the largest hairy animal I've ever come across!

And my WTF was quite proportionate, all things given! :laugh:

I didn't grow up with them bastards in my backyard. For all I knew he was about to climb over that fence and eat the NY guy for the hell of it!

Kathianne
03-24-2020, 08:57 PM
In fairness, for about 1 second there, I forgot there was a fence between us, and figured I was about to meet my maker at the ungodly sized claws and paws of the largest hairy animal I've ever come across!

And my WTF was quite proportionate, all things given! :laugh:

I didn't grow up with them bastards in my backyard. For all I knew he was about to climb over that fence and eat the NY guy for the hell of it!
Squirrels looking better and better! Lol!