PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 NFL QB/RB/WR?

darin
09-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Off the top of my head, if I had to start team today...

QB:

Peyton Manning
Tom Brady

then...there's this mass of 'pretty good'..

Hasselbeck, Roethlisberger, Farve (today's Farve, not in his prime)...I'd put those three up there.

RB:

LT. No Doubt.
Steven Jackson
Westbrook
Gore
Edge

WR:

Harrison, Engram, Holt, Fitzpatrick, and based on yesterday? Randy Moss.

Start throwin' out names.

jimnyc
09-10-2007, 05:36 PM
QB - Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Hasselbeck

RB - LaDanian Tomlinson, Shaun Alexander, Travis Henry

WR - Randy Moss, Reggie Wayne, Hines Ward, Amani Toomer

Not written in stone, just my opinion off the top of my head! :)

darin
09-10-2007, 05:51 PM
I take issue w/ Alexander on that. He refuses to run-hard between the 20s. Still. I saw one play where he was running out to the flat for an outlet receiver...dude just FELL DOWN. Nobody touched him...he just sorta fell down.

When he ran by people, he rarely puts his head down and goes through them - he (it's painfully clear his mentor was Ricky Waters) just sorta floats down to the ground. Blah.

:)

What do you like about Hasselbeck?

jimnyc
09-10-2007, 05:54 PM
I take issue w/ Alexander on that. He refuses to run-hard between the 20s. Still. I saw one play where he was running out to the flat for an outlet receiver...dude just FELL DOWN. Nobody touched him...he just sorta fell down.

When he ran by people, he rarely puts his head down and goes through them - he (it's painfully clear his mentor was Ricky Waters) just sorta floats down to the ground. Blah.

:)

What do you like about Hasselbeck?

Well, I'll judge better as the season goes on, but I wouldn't mind having Alexander alongside Parker!

I like Hasselbeck because he's very consistent, and makes minimal mistakes. He's also pretty damn dependable on 3rd down situations, and pretty good in short yardage situations by the end zone.

Abbey Marie
09-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Off the top of my head, if I had to start team today...

QB:

Peyton Manning
Tom Brady

then...there's this mass of 'pretty good'..

Hasselbeck, Roethlisberger, Farve (today's Farve, not in his prime)...I'd put those three up there.

RB:

LT. No Doubt.
Steven Jackson
Westbrook
Gore
Edge

WR:

Harrison, Engram, Holt, Fitzpatrick, and based on yesterday? Randy Moss.

Start throwin' out names.

Note: You can only use the intials "LT" for this guy:

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/lawrence_taylor_hall.jpg

darin
09-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Well, I'll judge better as the season goes on, but I wouldn't mind having Alexander alongside Parker!

I like Hasselbeck because he's very consistent, and makes minimal mistakes. He's also pretty damn dependable on 3rd down situations, and pretty good in short yardage situations by the end zone.

IOW - He's a General. When he's under center he absolutely commands his team. :)

That's why I like him. :D

He's a head-coach in the makings, IMO.

CockySOB
09-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Top five position players in the NFL today, first to fifth rank. This takes into consideration their fit into the team mechanics.

QB - Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Mark Bulger, Carson Palmer, Jake Delhomme

RB - LaDanian Tomlinson, Joseph Addai, Rudi Johnson, Frank Gore, Steve Jakson
Note: Jackson would be higher, but his butter-fingers in the first week knocked him down a bit in my rankings.

WR - Steve Smith, Terrell Owens, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Torry Holt

TE - Jason Witten, Antonio Gates, Ben Watson, Randy McMichael, Dallas Clark

Now, I'm not just dissing the Steelers, I just don't think they have what it takes to make it past their bye week. I think a decent defense will make Ben rush things, screwing the passing game all to hell. Once that happens, Parker's lanes will get shut down, and Pittsburgh will have to rely on defense to control the games. With the different teams showing strong, high-octane offenses, I don't think the Steelers can make it into the play-offs.

The top five overall offenses in order: New England, Indianapolis, Dallas, Detroit, Cincinnati.

Just my thoughts early in the season.