PDA

View Full Version : China Should Be Considered A Pariah

Kathianne
03-31-2020, 09:32 PM
It’s almost like it’s intentional. :rolleyes:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52092395?

Gunny
03-31-2020, 09:38 PM
Another great plan that will never happen: Fund all COVID-19 expenses from our debt to China.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-01-2020, 11:10 AM
I've been leery of china for decades, and now this. Could the items shipped from china be intentionally defective? I believe they absolutely could be, 100%. At this point, I wouldn't put any sort of lies or games past them. They are out to be the dominant power in the world, and they have no boundaries as to how to accomplish that. I hope ta hell that the majority of nations on earth deliver china one huge kick in the nuts after this is all over. Set the sons a bitches back 100 years or so. They deserve it.

STTAB
04-01-2020, 12:13 PM
It’s almost like it’s intentional. :rolleyes:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52092395?

Absolutely correct, the civilized world should shun China from this point on. Keep your people, keep your products, all American companies out of China, FULLY recognize Taiwan as an independent nation, fuck China.

Kathianne
04-01-2020, 02:21 PM
I concur with most of this. Tucker Carlson hasn't been a favorite of mine for a long time, BUT he was literally the only early voice on the China virus. Last night he covered something that may again be way ahead of the curve:

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2020/04/01/tucker-carlson-chinese-study-said-coronavirus-probably-released-accidentally-lab/

Carlson: A Chinese Research Paper Suggests The Coronavirus May Have Been Released Accidentally From A Lab
JOHN SEXTONPosted at 3:01 pm on April 1, 2020

Tucker Carlson has been ahead of the curve on coronavirus coverage. Earlier this month he did a segment arguing that, contrary to what some other Fox hosts were saying at the time, the coronavirus was much worse than the flu. He was right. More recently, Carlson argued that it was obvious everyone should start wearing masks to protect themselves and others, contrary to the word from health officials.

On last night’s show, Carlson raised another hot topic related to the virus: It’s origin. The story we’ve all heard many times is that the virus arose from bats in a wet market in Wuhan. Carlson points out a Chinese research paper which suggested it’s more likely the virus arose from one of two nearby labs.

It’s important to note what the Chinese paper (and Carlson) are not saying. They are not saying that this was a) intentional or b) some kind of escaped bio-weapon. What the Chinese paper claims, based on interviews with dozens of people who frequented the wet market in Wuhan, is that horseshoe bats were not available for sale there. The paper also claims there are no natural colonies of those bats within 900 miles of the market. However, two labs in the same city were using those bats for research. So the suggestion is that the virus may have made its way to the market from someone who had initially been exposed to blood and tissue of the bats in one of those labs.

Carlson admits it is impossible to confirm any of this at this point. China is still claiming the origin of the virus is unknown or perhaps that it arose in the U.S. So getting a straight answer from the CCP is not an option. And since the market was shut down back in January, there’s really no way to go and see what is for sale there. There have been leaked images from the market which show that many wild animals including bats were for sale there. But if the Chinese paper is correct then these specific bats, where the virus almost certainly originated, weren’t among them.

As Carlson notes, there has been a lot of push back to internet claims that the virus was some kind of escaped bio-weapon. As Live Science reported in March, the evidence suggests this is not the case.

So the “evil lab” theory doesn’t hold up, but again that’s not what the Chinese paper claimed. It claimed the virus escaped accidentally from the only source of such bats known to exist in the area, a lab using them for research. A story published by the New York Post in March pointed out that viruses have escaped from Chinese labs before. And some scientists have been convicted in the past of selling their experimental animals to wildlife markets when they are done with them as a way to make extra money:

There was a rumor that something similar may have happened in this case but the people involved have denied it. According to Chinese officials, the first person who is believed to have had the coronavirus in early December was a man named Chen who denied having gone to the market:

jimnyc
04-01-2020, 02:27 PM
I concur with most of this. Tucker Carlson hasn't been a favorite of mine for a long time, BUT he was literally the only early voice on the China virus. Last night he covered something that may again be way ahead of the curve:

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2020/04/01/tucker-carlson-chinese-study-said-coronavirus-probably-released-accidentally-lab/

Just reading this thread now. Have like 14 tabs of articles open, including that one, which I was gonna post! :thumb:

I suppose I should read here before collecting and posting. I suck sometimes!

Kathianne
04-01-2020, 02:35 PM
Just reading this thread now. Have like 14 tabs of articles open, including that one, which I was gonna post! :thumb:

I suppose I should read here before collecting and posting. I suck sometimes!

Now don't make me feel worse! I never should have said anything about any of that.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-01-2020, 03:25 PM
Tucker Carlson is about the only one I still watch on Fox. I think he absolutely nails it on the majority of his monologues.

icansayit
04-01-2020, 03:29 PM
From my personal investigations, and learning of our History for as long as we have been an Independent nation. What China appears to be doing is very much the same as Germany did prior to, and during the First World War.
As a veteran myself, and from personal experience in the commications field which I was never permitted to discuss...or remember. China didn't just start this attempt to destroy America. Since before the Korean war. China has been the enemy of both Japan, and Russia with their endless attempts to instill Communism in the West.

CHINA cannot, and should not be trusted to support us in any way. We are indebted to them financially, and they use that as their STICK, and the CARROT just happens to be all of the Stolen American treasure they have managed to Imitate, and sell to the rest of the World. THIS INCLUDES DRUGS....such as those WE should be manufacturing for all of our Medical needs...Namely...The Corona Virus!

Think about it. AMERICANS are sick, and DYING more and more every day...and the DOCTOR IS CHINA????

REALLY?

Kathianne
04-01-2020, 04:50 PM
And again. . .

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2020/04/01/china-just-put-county-complete-lockdown/

I’m on my phone, I recommende reading this. Lessons for all, on China’s deceit and opening too early.

Drummond
04-01-2020, 05:14 PM
And again. . .

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2020/04/01/china-just-put-county-complete-lockdown/

I’m on my phone, I recommende reading this. Lessons for all, on China’s deceit and opening too early.

Reminds me of the Spanish flu outbreak almost exactly a century ago. That, I believe, came in three waves .. the second was a lot worse than the first ... substantially higher fatality rate.

Kathianne
04-01-2020, 07:32 PM
Dr tried to warn. Disappeared

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2020/04/01/ai-fen-chinese-doctor-attempted-warn-doctors-coronavirus-disappeared/

Kathianne
04-01-2020, 07:34 PM
Dr tried to warn. Disappeared

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2020/04/01/ai-fen-chinese-doctor-attempted-warn-doctors-coronavirus-disappeared/

More:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/chinese-doctor-critics-who-first-raised-the-alarm-over-covid-19-vanishes

jimnyc
04-02-2020, 08:29 AM
I'm to understand that on thew Chinese social media sites that folks are still posting videos of people just falling down in the streets from this & all kinds of various unexplained high numbers. They opened a few cities only to rush in emergency and close them again with more cases popping up.

--

GOP Senator Ben Sasse: Chinese Communist Party ‘Has Lied, Is Lying And Will Continue To Lie’ About COVID-19

The Chinese Communist Party has consistently lied about the impact of the coronavirus in that country and is not telling the truth about the number of deaths that have resulted, Republican Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse said Wednesday.

Sasse, a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said that Chinese deception is behind figures that indicate more people have died in the United States of the COVID-19 virus than in China.

“The claim that the United States has more coronavirus deaths than China is false,” Sasse told the Washington Free Beacon in a statement. “Without commenting on any classified information, this much is painfully obvious: The Chinese Communist Party has lied, is lying, and will continue to lie about coronavirus to protect the regime.”

“Beijing’s garbage propaganda shouldn’t be taken seriously by the World Health Organization, by independent journalists, or by the American epidemiologists who are going to beat this terrible virus.”

According to the latest data, 3,322 people have died from the coronavirus on China while 5,137 have perished in the United States. When American death figures supposedly passed those of China last week, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton attempted to make a joke about the statistic, tweeting about President Donald Trump, “He did promise ‘America First.’”

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/02/senator-ben-sasse-chinese-communists-lies-covid-19-coronavirus/

STTAB
04-02-2020, 10:54 AM
Tucker Carlson is about the only one I still watch on Fox. I think he absolutely nails it on the majority of his monologues.

Same here. He tends to let his liberal idiot guests drone on too much, but I enjoy his monologues, and really like his in depth stories.

Kathianne
04-02-2020, 07:00 PM
Temporary cease battle?

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2020/04/02/chinese-propaganda-war-hold-now/

The Chinese Propaganda War Is On Hold…For Now
JOHN SEXTONPosted at 4:41 pm on April 2, 2020

Josh Rogin has an interesting column in the Washington Post today. He says President Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping reached a temporary truce on a phone call last week. In order to appreciate Rogin’s take on the call, you need to first see how it was reported earlier this week by the Daily Beast:

In a private conversation with President Donald Trump during the rapid acceleration of the coronavirus pandemic, China’s leader Xi Jinping went out of his way to deploy one of the most effective diplomatic maneuvers of the current American era: aggressive flattery.

In a phone call to discuss the international health crisis last week, Xi stressed to Trump how decisive, strong, and successful he feels his U.S. counterpart’s public-health and economic responses have been, two U.S. officials with knowledge of the matter said. The flattery came at a time when Trump was continuing to experience a deluge of criticism for his administration’s response to the pandemic. It also came as some of the American president’s most prominent officials were still engaged in a multipronged campaign to castigate the Chinese government for an alleged coronavirus cover-up and to rebrand the illness as the “Chinese virus” and the “Wuhan virus.”

As Rogin sees it, Trump’s decision to tone down his response to the Chinese propaganda effort blaming the US for the virus was more practical than personal:

Kathianne
04-03-2020, 10:49 PM
WHO along with the MSM and many Democrats are enabling CCP in order to hurt the President, without concern of what their actions do to the citizens of the US. Buy American or at least avoid Chinese; get the UN out of US or at least drastically cut our payments; punish the MSM and Democrats.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/02/chinas-deadly-coronavirus-lie-co-conspirator-the-world-health-organization/

China’s deadly coronavirus-lie co-conspirator — the World Health Organization
By Nicholas Eberstadt and Dan BlumenthalApril 2, 2020 | 8:10pm

The fog of war obscures much about the novel coronavirus pandemic. But two facts seem absolutely certain. First, China’s Communist authorities have lied, concealed and misled about the origins of the epidemic and the toll of the virus in China. Second, the World Health Organization has acted as Beijing’s handmaid.

The result: The global toll of the tragedy will be much greater than it need have been.

We shouldn’t be surprised that the Beijing regime lies about the epidemic: It lies about, well, *everything. From economic data to air pollution figures, the Communist Party doctors information to protect and promote itself.

Naturally, in the face of a grave national-health threat, the incentive for dissembling was tremendous. So Beijing spun and suppressed information about the outbreak and impact of the coronavirus.

Independent Chinese journalists have detailed the Wuhan coverup: They report that a Chinese lab isolated and identified the strange new virus last December — but that the authorities *ordered it to stop its work, get rid of its specimens and keep quiet. It took almost another month for the government to acknowledge that a SARS-like contagion, spread by human contact, was exploding in Hubei province.

When the late Dr. Li Wenliang, the heroic whistleblower, tried to warn the public about the coronavirus, he was detained, charged with “spreading false rumors” and accused of “seriously disrupting social order.” All discussion about the virus is now censored.

As for China’s official figures on cases and deaths: These are obviously an undercount, possibly a preposterous one. Regarding prevalence: China’s health numbers didn’t even count infected patients if they tested positive but remained asymptomatic.

Concerning deaths: News reports indicate that delivery of funeral urns has spiked in Wuhan, the epicenter of the pandemic. Whereas Beijing currently admits to some 3,300 coronavirus fatalities nationwide, Chinese netizens cited by Radio Free Asia are claiming the Wuhan tally alone is far higher than that.

One widely circulating guess is that the true figure is closer to 40,000. British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s scientific advisers have concluded that paramount leader Xi Jinping’s regime has downplayed the true number of cases in China “by 15 to 40 times.” As Bloomberg reported this week, the US intelligence community has likewise informed the White House that China’s reported *infection and death totals are implausibly low.

Then there is the Communist Party’s active disinformation campaign abroad. This month, for example, in a tweet that garnered 160 million views, a Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson suggested that the coronavirus might actually be American in origin — brought to Wuhan by the US military!

Which brings us to the WHO’s malfeasance in this affair. The WHO should have known at the outset that it was dealing with a bad-faith actor in Beijing. Yet *instead of immediately insisting upon access, openness and transparency from China, WHO leadership followed the Chinese lead and at times even took the Chinese line.

Chinese researchers find coronavirus patient who was contagious for 49 days
The very fact that truth-seekers are left counting urns is an indictment not only of the Beijing *regime, but also of the WHO. To help stem the pandemic, the WHO should have been tirelessly pressing China to tell the truth.

Far from sounding an alarm, however, the UN outfit was *impassive while Beijing stonewalled international health *authorities for weeks. Indeed, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus praised the Chinese regime for its “transparency” in the crisis. Tedros, *recall, was Beijing’s candidate for WHO chief and owes his job to China’s campaign for him at the United Nations.

At the end of January, when President Trump ordered a travel ban against entry to the United States from China and other coronavirus “hot spots,” Tedros, echoing Chinese authorities, roundly criticized the decision, insisting it would “have the effect of increasing fear and stigma, with little public health benefit.” By March 12, when the WHO finally declared the coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, misbegotten deference to the Chinese government had *incalculably impeded the effort to contain the contagion.

When the full history of this episode is eventually written, the Chinese Communist Party will bear massive responsibility for this plague that has swept the earth. So will a World Health Organization that seemed too interested in the health of the Chinese regime at the moment of truth.

Dan Blumenthal heads Asia studies at the American Enterprise Institute, where Nicholas Eberstadt holds the Wendt Chair in Political Economy.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-04-2020, 06:43 AM
I don't like to be the one wearing the tinfoil hat here, but there's no denying the globalist movement, and that the Illuminati and Bilderbergs and shit stains like George Soros are behind much of it. So what sort of and how much of an influence do you suppose they have over the puppets at the WHO and UN?

I'd say quite a bit. The UN should be expelled from the United States. Maybe to Cuba, or Venezuela, and the WHO should never be considered a serious organization again.

If we're to learn anything from this pandemic, it certainly should be who our friends are and who aren't and who we can trust, and we should adjust our foreign policies accordingly.

Kathianne
04-06-2020, 07:00 AM
China has built a vast network in this country, including in the MSM, education, and business. (Look at the NBA and so many more with the one tweet in support of Hong Kong!)

The pandemic seems to have made some really open their eyes:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/04/consider-possibility-trump-right-china/609493/

IDEAS
Consider the Possibility That Trump Is Right About China
Critics are letting their disdain for the president blind them to geopolitical realities.

APRIL 5, 2020
Nadia Schadlow
Former deputy national-security adviser for strategy

When a new coronavirus emerged in China and began spreading around the world, including in the United States, President Donald Trump’s many critics in the American foreign-policy establishment were quick to identify him as part of the problem. Trump had campaigned on an “America first” foreign policy, which after his victory was enshrined in the official National Security Strategy that his administration published in 2017. At the time, I served in the administration and orchestrated the writing of that document. In the years since, Trump has been criticized for supposedly overturning the post–World War II order and rejecting the role the United States has long played in the world. Amid a global pandemic, he’s being accused—on this site and elsewhere—of alienating allies, undercutting multinational cooperation, and causing America to fight the coronavirus alone.

Black Diamond
04-06-2020, 08:16 PM

Kathianne
04-06-2020, 08:54 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-italy-coronavirus-supplies-buy-back

China forces Italy to buy same coronavirus supplies it had donated to Beijing a few weeks ago By Barnini Chakraborty | Fox News

China's efforts to rebrand itself as a global leader focused on humanitarian relief amid the coronavirus outbreak has hit a major snag and perhaps revealed Beijing's true intentions behind their public relations blitz.

After telling the world that it would donate masks, face guards and testing equipment to Italy, China quietly backtracked and sold the Mediterranean country desperately-needed medical equipment, according to a report.

What's worse is that the personal protective equipment (PPE) China forced Italy to buy was actually the same PPE Italy donated to China before coronavirus rushed its own shores and killed nearly 16,000 people.

"Before the virus hit Europe, Italy sent tons of PPE to China to help China protect its own population. China then has sent Italian PPE back to Italy -- some of it, not even all of it ... and charged them for it," a senior Trump administration official told The Spectator.

Beijing taking advantage of Italy's generosity and then flipping it into something more sinister is just the latest example of the country's misdeeds amid the global outbreak.

Thousands of other supplies and testing kits China has sold to other countries at marked-up prices have turned out to be defective.

Spain had to return 50,000 quick-testing kits to China after discovering they weren't working properly. Last week, the Netherlands also rejected China-made coronavirus testing kits and protective gear, calling them substandard and questioning the quality of supplies Beijing is selling to the world.

Turkey, Georgia and the Czech Republic have also spoken out about kits it purchased from China as being less than adequate. In some cases, instead of fixing the issue, China has blamed user error.

"The disinformation that China has put out is crippling responses around the world...We're operating on some level with a hand tied behind our back."

— Senior Trump administration official

The claims of faulty devices come as the number of confirmed coronavirus cases and deaths continue to surge around Europe and the United States, underscoring the dependence many countries have on Chinese imports.

"It's so disingenuous for Chinese officials now to say we are the ones who are helping the Italians or we are the ones who are helping the developing world when, in fact, they are the ones who infected all of us," the senior administration official said. "Of course they should be helping. They have a special responsibility to help because they are the ones who began the spread of the coronavirus and did not give the information required to the rest of the world to plan accordingly."

The official said China's decision to delay and suppress critical data has turned a bad situation worse.

On Thursday, Vice President Pence said that had China been truly transparent about COVID-19, there would be "no question" the world would have been in a better place to respond to the monster virus that has infected more than a million people and killed more than 70,000 worldwide.

"There's simply no question that China's lack of candor to the world impacted the way the world was able to respond," Pence said.

In fact, as China downplayed the outbreak within its borders, nearly half a million people traveled to the United States, possibly carrying the virus with them.

"The disinformation that China has put out is crippling responses around the world," the administration official said. "We were a month behind because the Chinese did not share information. It's hard for the world to accept that even the information that they're putting out now is accurate and acceptable from an epidemiological standpoint. We're operating on some level with a hand tied behind our back."

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/u-k-purchased-millions-of-unreliable-coronavirus-tests-from-china/

U.K. Purchased Millions of Unreliable Coronavirus Tests from ChinaBy ZACHARY EVANS (https://www.nationalreview.com/author/zachary-evans/)

(https://www.nationalreview.com/author/zachary-evans/)

April 6, 2020 2:04 PM

The United Kingdom on Monday revealed that all 17.5 million Coronavirus antibody test kits the country ordered from China are unreliable when used outside “severely ill” populations.

“The test developed in China was validated against patients who were severely ill,” Professor John Bell, coordinator of coronavirus testing for Public Health England, told reporters. “Whereas we want to use the test in the context of a wider range of levels of infection….So for our purposes, we need a test that performs better than some of these other tests.”

Bell added, “We see many false negatives… and we also see false positives. This is not a good result or test suppliers or for us.”

In response to the news, the Prime Minister’s Office announced it would attempt to get refunds for some orders.

“If the tests don’t work then the orders that we placed will be canceled and wherever possible we will recover the costs,” the PMO said. As of Monday, Britain had confirmed over 52,000 coronavirus cases and 5,000 deaths, with Prime Minister Boris Johnson working from the hospital after contracting coronavirus.

Britain has become the latest European nation to report on unreliable medical equipment shipped from China. In late March, the Czech Republic announced that up to 80 percent of 150,000 coronavirus test kits purchased from China were faulty. Czech interior minister Jan Hamacek said at the time that the tests could still be used if a patient had felt sick for a long time.

Spain was also forced to scrap a shipment of test kits from China after finding that the tests accurately detected coronavirus cases only 30 percent of the time. Currently, Spain has confirmed 135,000 cases with 13,000 deaths, while the Czech Republic has reported over 4,700 cases and 78 deaths.

China in mid-March also announced that it would donate medical equipment to Italy, which has recorded 132,500 coronavirus outbreaks with 16,500 deaths as of Monday. However, despite the announcement, China actually sold the equipment to Italy, and then forced Italy to buy back medical equipment it had donated to China at the start of the pandemic, the Spectator reported.

Does anyone really believe that China was clueless in sending out defective goods? They've been doing the same with toxic metals in children's toys.

NightTrain
04-06-2020, 09:28 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-italy-coronavirus-supplies-buy-back

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/u-k-purchased-millions-of-unreliable-coronavirus-tests-from-china/

Does anyone really believe that China was clueless in sending out defective goods? They've been doing the same with toxic metals in children's toys.

No. They're completely unscrupulous and actively seek ways to cheat.

They need to be held accountable. This isn't the first time that they've unleashed a plague on the world.

This time there's tens of thousands - and counting - of innocents' blood around the world on their hands. And they're actively profiteering from their own plague.

Gunny
04-06-2020, 09:38 PM
I'm to understand that on thew Chinese social media sites that folks are still posting videos of people just falling down in the streets from this & all kinds of various unexplained high numbers. They opened a few cities only to rush in emergency and close them again with more cases popping up.

--

GOP Senator Ben Sasse: Chinese Communist Party ‘Has Lied, Is Lying And Will Continue To Lie’ About COVID-19

The Chinese Communist Party has consistently lied about the impact of the coronavirus in that country and is not telling the truth about the number of deaths that have resulted, Republican Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse said Wednesday.

Sasse, a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said that Chinese deception is behind figures that indicate more people have died in the United States of the COVID-19 virus than in China.

“The claim that the United States has more coronavirus deaths than China is false,” Sasse told the Washington Free Beacon in a statement. “Without commenting on any classified information, this much is painfully obvious: The Chinese Communist Party has lied, is lying, and will continue to lie about coronavirus to protect the regime.”

“Beijing’s garbage propaganda shouldn’t be taken seriously by the World Health Organization, by independent journalists, or by the American epidemiologists who are going to beat this terrible virus.”

According to the latest data, 3,322 people have died from the coronavirus on China while 5,137 have perished in the United States. When American death figures supposedly passed those of China last week, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton attempted to make a joke about the statistic, tweeting about President Donald Trump, “He did promise ‘America First.’”

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/02/senator-ben-sasse-chinese-communists-lies-covid-19-coronavirus/

NO F-N class :rolleyes:

Black Diamond
04-06-2020, 10:14 PM
NO F-N class :rolleyes:

Yeah two time loser. Why does anyone pay attention to her anymore?

Kathianne
04-06-2020, 10:17 PM
Yeah two time loser. Why does anyone pay attention to her anymore?
I don't. :laugh2:

Gunny
04-07-2020, 09:13 AM
I don't. :laugh2:

Yeah two time loser. Why does anyone pay attention to her anymore?I don't think many do. In perspective, she got a two line blurb at the ail end of Sasse hammering the ChiComs.

Kathianne
04-07-2020, 10:04 AM
Maybe throw off both China and Russia regarding trading?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/6/china-and-russia-play-covid-19-pandemic-disinforma/

China and Russia play COVID-19 pandemic disinformation games
Both countries push outright lies and well-spun propaganda By Jed Babbin - - Monday, April 6, 2020
ANALYSIS/OPINION:

China and Russia are not among the commonplace coronavirus panic-peddlers. They are also the principal sources of disinformation on the pandemic. From infection rates to fatalities, from the origins of the virus to casting blame for its global spread, China and Russia have spun webs of disinformation worthy of the Soviet Union. . .

Gunny
04-07-2020, 10:16 AM
Maybe throw off both China and Russia regarding trading?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/6/china-and-russia-play-covid-19-pandemic-disinforma/Maybe you heard it here first, but ... we are going to end up allied with Russia, like it or not. Strange bedfellows and all that.

China presents a far greater threat to Russia and/or Russia's plans than we do.

As far as disinformation goes, neither them have a corner on the market. Our country just prefers disseminating it to us instead of our enemies.

Kathianne
04-08-2020, 08:55 PM
Add this to the list, as bad as China is to the world, it’s people get worse:

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2020/04/08/details-chinas-crackdown-free-speech-coronavirus-outbreak/

Kathianne
04-09-2020, 07:49 PM
and more, including the early warning of Taiwan and WHO ignoring it, now calling Taiwan racist.

https://www.thenation.com/article/world/taiwan-who-coronavirus-china/

Kathianne
04-10-2020, 10:05 AM
Yes! Hopefully this economic move will be on the order of shutting air travel was on the medical:

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/trump-admin-moves-to-revoke-chinas-authority-to-provide-telecom-service-in-u-s/

NATIONAL SECURITY
Trump Admin Moves to Revoke China’s Authority to Provide Telecom Service in U.S.
Adam Kredo - APRIL 9, 2020 4:00 PM

The Trump administration on Thursday sought to "revoke and terminate" licenses that permit a Chinese company to provide telecommunication services to and from the United States.

The Department of Justice said in a release that it "identified substantial and unacceptable national security and law enforcement risks" associated with China Telecom, the U.S. subsidiary of China's state-owned telecommunications company. It recommended the Federal Communications Commission revoke licenses allowing the company to operate in the United States.

China's communications networks have received increased scrutiny under the Trump administration, which has been pressuring allies to cancel their partnerships with companies tied to the communist regime, including Huawei. The Trump administration said China uses the telecommunication corporations and other state-controlled entities to conduct spy operations aimed at infiltrating U.S. networks.

"Today, more than ever, the life of the nation and its people runs on our telecommunications networks," John C. Demers, assistant attorney general for national security, said in a statement. "The security of our government and professional communications, as well as of our most private data, depends on our use of trusted partners from nations that share our values and our aspirations for humanity. Today's action is but our next step in ensuring the integrity of America's telecommunications systems."

The effort to revoke authorities originally granted by the Federal Communications Commission comes in the wake of repeated efforts by China to conduct hacking operations in the United States.

This includes "increased knowledge of the PRC’s role in malicious cyber activity targeting the United States," according to the DOJ.

There are mounting "concerns that China Telecom is vulnerable to exploitation, influence, and control by the PRC government," the DOJ said.

Questions also have been raised about how China Telecom stores its U.S. records and who has access to them.

The Trump administration identified "inaccurate public representations by China Telecom concerning its cybersecurity practices, which raise questions about China Telecom’s compliance with federal and state cybersecurity and privacy laws," according to the DOJ.

Kathianne
04-10-2020, 01:29 PM
Read this! It involves many social media posts, which do not copy & paste well. They are between CCP spokesperson and FCC spokesperson on free speech, something the Chinese guy actually brought up. Egads! It is devastating and hopefully will break through some Chinese censors:

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2020/04/10/fcc-chairman-responds-chinese-foreign-ministry-spokesman/

FCC Chairman To Chinese Spokesperson: Can I Speak To This Long List Of “Disappeared” Coronavirus Whistleblowers?
JOHN SEXTONPosted at 1:01 pm on April 10, 2020

Last Sunday the NY Times published a piece by China’s ambassador to America titled “China and the U.S. Must Cooperate Against Coronavirus.” On the surface it’s meant to sound like polite international blather about unity but what it mostly sounds like is Chinese propaganda about their terrific response to the virus. Here’s a sample:

Let’s acknowledge there has been unpleasant talk between our nations about this disease. But this is not the time for finger-pointing. This is a time for solidarity, collaboration and mutual support…

At a time when solidarity is essential, we need to keep cool heads and clearly say “no” to the folly of fanning racism and xenophobia, and to scapegoating other countries or races.

A shorter version would say: Stop blaming the virus on the CCP! Notice there’s no mention of China’s global PR effort to blame the virus on U.S. soldiers. As of today, the Chinese foreign ministry spokesman who spread that lie is still on the job.

On Tuesday a State Department spokesperson offered a response to the ambassador’s piece which had the same superficially friendly tone and the same underlying edge. It asked that international teams be allowed to “investigate how the outbreak began in China.” That’s more subtle than saying “Chinese virus” as Trump has done but the point is pretty much the same. And for good measure she threw in a request that China “allow citizens free speech.”

The bit about free speech was apparently too much. Yesterday a Chinese foreign ministry spokesman responded by first suggesting people in China were free to talk about the virus and secondly suggesting people in America, specifically Captain Crozier, were not. This is literally the country that has put over a million Uighurs in re-education camps trying to lecture the United States about respecting personal freedom.

And that’s when FCC Commissioner Brendan Carr dropped the hammer on the Chinese flak by asking to speak to a number of Chinese whistleblowers who have disappeared, starting with Dr. Ai Fen and followed by Chen Qiushi and Fang Bin.

And he just kept going:

He asked to speak to Dr. Li Wenliang, who died from the virus two months ago. Clearly, Carr is just trying to pour salt in the wound.

And of course these are just the names we know. But China has cracked down on thousands of people for deviating from the party line on the coronavirus. Hundreds of those people ended up in administrative detention. Carr’s final tweet is just a thing of beauty: “@SpokespersonCHN does your offer still stand? Or has it suddenly disappeared as things tend to do over there?”

I’ve rarely seen a more brutal beatdown on Twitter or one more richly deserved. People responded to the thread with gifs.

It’s just a shame that Twitter, along with most western social media, is blocked by the Great Firewall. But apparently some Chinese users escape the censors using virtual private networks. Hopefully this thread is being copied over to Chinese sites and shared widely today.

NightTrain
04-10-2020, 02:11 PM
Read this! It involves many social media posts, which do not copy & paste well. They are between CCP spokesperson and FCC spokesperson on free speech, something the Chinese guy actually brought up. Egads! It is devastating and hopefully will break through some Chinese censors:

Holy crap! Carr really took the commies to the woodshed. This guy deserves a medal for that beatdown.

Kathianne
04-10-2020, 10:36 PM
Promised top grade N95 masks to Pakistan. They were marked N95, but made out of underwear. They are 'friends.' :

https://www.business-standard.com/article/news-ani/covid-19-china-buffoons-all-weather-ally-pakistan-by-sending-underwear-masks-120040500163_1.html

COVID-19: China buffoons 'all-weather ally' Pakistan by sending 'underwear' masks
ANI | Asia
Last Updated at April 5, 2020 09:35 IST

China has not even spared its 'all-weather ally' Pakistan. Promising to provide testing kits and top-quality N95 masks to Pakistan in a bid to help the country that has been crippled by the lethal coronavirus outbreak, Beijing actually duped its 'friend' by sending in masks made out of underwears.

Reporting the news, a local Pakistani news channel said, "China ne chuna laga diya" (China conned us) and further notified that the Sindh provincial government sent the masks to hospitals without checking.

"In the name of to-quality N95 masks, China has sent in masks made out of underwear. It was also a lacuna on the part of the provincial health authorities who received the medical aid. Without proper checking, the masks were sent to Qatar hospital in Karachi. Over there, the doctors and para-medical staff called it buffooning by China," Lahore-based News Break TV reported.

Late last month, China had asked Pakistan to open the border between the two countries for one day on Friday so that medical supplies to fight coronavirus pandemic could be sent.

The Chinese embassy in a letter to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said that the governor of Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region of China would like to donate a batch of medical materials to Gilgit-Baltistan, the Dawn reported.

According to the letter, the governor had donated 200,000 ordinary face masks, 2,000 N-95 face masks, five ventilators, 2,000 testing kits and 2,000 medical protective clothes mainly used by doctors and paramedics to fight with the virus, which originated in China late last year.

According to local media reports, the rise in the tally of active cases related to COVID-19 infection has subsided in the Chinese mainland and therefore, the country has been promising to help other countries, especially those whose economies have been severely affected by the ongoing crisis. But this was not the first case where reports have emerged of China sending low quality medical aid to various countries.

The Nepal government has scrapped a major deal for coronavirus testing kits and protective gears signed with a private Chinese company after finding them be of sub-standard quality, according to a senior official, the media reported.

In another incident, Spain, last week, had sent back to China millions of purchased kits.

Up to 80 per cent of the 150,000 portable, quick coronavirus test kits China delivered to the Czech Republic earlier this month were faulty, National Review reported citing local Czech news site Expats.cz.

The test can produce a result in 10- 15 minutes but are really less accurate than other tests, the media reported.

The China-originated deadly bug has infected around 12 lakhs people globally while the total tally of death has surpassed 65,000, according to the data compiled by US-based John Hopkins University.

Global money lenders including the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) have predicted that East Asia and the Pacific could see up to 11 million people driven into poverty, with low wage and informal sector workers becoming the most vulnerable, as an economic impact of COVID-19 pandemic.

NightTrain
04-11-2020, 01:13 AM
When Nepal sends back your free stuff... that's when you know that you've reached rock bottom.

Kathianne
04-11-2020, 08:53 PM
more

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2020/04/11/sars-arose-china-government-covered-one-surgeon-revealed-truth/

Kathianne
04-12-2020, 05:02 PM
There seems no end to 'why' China should be ostracized:

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/365251/

APRIL 12, 2020
SOMETHING TO HIDE: China Is Censoring Research on COVID-19 Origins, Deleted Page on Wuhan University Website Suggests. (https://www.newsweek.com/china-censoring-research-covid-19-origins-deleted-page-wuhan-university-website-suggests-1497467)
Related: China Imposes Restrictions on Research into Origins of Coronavirus. (https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/12/asia/china-coronavirus-research-restrictions-intl-hnk/index.html)

Kathianne
04-12-2020, 08:55 PM
There are few secrets anymore, eventually:

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/365163/

APRIL 12, 2020
DON’T TRUST CHINA. CHINA IS ASSHOLE. Dr. Anthony Fauci: China misled the world; virus erupted in mid-December. (https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/12/anthony-fauci-china-misled-world-coronavirus-erupt/)

Dr. Anthony Fauci says that human-to-human transmission of COVID-19 diseases erupted in China in mid-December, yet the regime told the U.S. and the world the virus was only transmitted animal-to-human.
Dr. Fauci, an influential member of President Trump’s coronavirus task force, told the Fox News show “Watters’ World” that as the diseases spread to more people in mid-January in China’s Hubei Province and Wuhan city, the communist government said that human contagion was minimal.
Both assertions were “clearly not correct … that was misinformation right from the beginning,” he said.
COVID-19 was in fact a highly contagious disease already being seeded by Chinese travelers in mid-January to the U.S. and Europe, where it has killed thousands. . . .
Republicans have accused the Chinese Communist Party, the dictatorship ruling the country, of deliberately concealing the virus’ spread. Chinese authorities threatened eight doctors with prison for trying to warn the world on social media about what would become a global pandemic.
The White House says that while China was hiding disease facts it was also buying up lots of medical equipment around the world. When COVID-19 began its killing spree, China’s propaganda machine went into action, making the unfounded assertion that the U.S. Army planted the virus in Wuhan. . . .
The World Health Organization, criticized by Republicans as in bed with Chinese rulers, repeated China’s disinformation with a tweet that said there was no direct evidence of human-to-human spread, even though physicians in Wuhan had been issuing warnings.

On Jan. 23, WHO said COVID-19 was not a global health emergency. It eventually declared it a pandemic.
Related: Time to put China on lockdown for its dishonesty amid coronavirus crisis. (https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/04/07/time-put-china-lockdown-dishonesty-amid-coronavirus-pandemic-crisis-column/2954433001/)
Also: Xi Jinping’s China did this: The corrupt, criminal regime wasted 40 days blocking information while it crushed domestic dissent and ensured COVID-19 would become a global pandemic. (https://www.timesofisrael.com/criminality-and-corruption-reign-in-xi-pings-china/)

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/365263/

Note how quickly January becomes, December:

APRIL 12, 2020
DISPATCHES FROM THE MANCHURIAN MEDIA (https://twitter.com/WIRED/status/1249348255575662593):
https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/wired_right_wing_stunt_4-12-20.jpg
As Seth Mandel tweets (https://twitter.com/SethAMandel/status/1249469720983732232), “Conservatives are right and I should’ve thought of it first and I don’t know how to deal with that.”
Related: Dr. Fauci: Coronavirus Erupted in December While China Lied About Human-to-Human Spread (https://pjmedia.com/trending/dr-fauci-coronavirus-erupted-in-december-while-china-insisted-no-human-to-human-spread/).

Kathianne
04-14-2020, 02:42 PM
Warnings since 2014!

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2020/04/14/wapo-state-department-warned-safety-issues-wuhan-coronavirus-lab-2018/

WaPo: Did A 2018 State Department Memo Predict COVID-19 As A Wuhan Biological-Lab Accident?ED MORRISSEYPosted at 8:41 am on April 14, 2020

Kathianne
04-14-2020, 04:46 PM
Is the 'shunning' beginning?

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2020/04/14/bad-news-beijing-covid-19-propaganda-campaign-backfiring/

Bad News For Beijing: COVID-19 Propaganda Campaign Backfiring?
ED MORRISSEYPosted at 5:31 pm on April 14, 2020

Go figure that high-minded public engagement like this from China’s media orgs hasn’t won hearts and minds around the world. Senator Josh Hawley promoted a bill that would strip sovereign immunity from China to allow for COVID-19 lawsuits, a proposal that would face numerous obstacles anyway. Instead of shrugging it off, China Daily editor Chen Weihua decided to pick a fight, much to Hawley’s delight.

The end result made Chen look less like a journalist and more like a paid troll:

Josh Hawley

@HawleyMO
· 5h
Replying to @HawleyMO
And on cue, the #China Communist Party is demanding I resign, with a government-made video spewing lies. Why so afraid of the truth? https://twitter.com/chenweihua/status/1250092791054643200?s=21 … https://twitter.com/chenweihua/status/1250092791054643200 …

Chen Weihua

@chenweihua
US Senators Tom Cotton and Josh Hawley and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo proved major source of disinformation. Video clip truly revealing. https://twitter.com/ribiaoc/status/1250078991106674689 …

Chen Weihua

@chenweihua
Because you are a joke

9:30 AM - Apr 14, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See Chen Weihua's other Tweets
The nearly desperate effort to shift focus away from China and blame everyone but the CCP for the coronavirus pandemic has reached epic proportions. Unfortunately for Beijing, so has the backfire. Far from impressing the world with China’s acumen and expertise, it has alienated even some countries that tend to be friendly with theXi Jinping regime, the Washington Post reported today:

President Xi Jinping held a flurry of phone calls with world leaders to promise aid. More than 170 Chinese medical experts were dispatched to Europe, Southeast Asia and Africa. State media outlets flooded the Internet with photos of Chinese masks arriving in 100 countries and stories questioning the epidemic’s origins. Ambassadors inundated international newspapers with op-eds hailing the sacrifices Beijing made to buy time for other countries without acknowledging how the outbreak erupted in the first place.

One month later, that campaign has yielded mixed results. In many cases, it has outright backfired.

In Britain, a parliamentary committee on foreign relations urged the government to fight a surge in Chinese disinformation. Officials in Germany and at least one U.S. state — Wisconsin — exposed quiet outreach attempts from Chinese officials hoping to persuade them to publicly praise China.

In Spain, the Czech Republic and the Netherlands, governments announced recalls of Chinese masks and testing kits after large batches were found to be defective, undercutting what China sought to portray as goodwill gestures. In Nigeria, the country’s professional medical association slammed a government decision to invite a team of Chinese doctors, going as far as claiming that they might carry the disease with them. …

The wave of skepticism, sometimes from nations friendly toward China, underscores the size of the challenge facing foreign policymakers in Beijing as they look toward the post-pandemic global landscape. While governments from Washington to Brussels have been faulted for mismanaging the crisis or failing to galvanize an international response, China’s standing has taken a hit precisely at a moment when the country was positioning itself as an up-and-coming leader in world affairs.

Part of the problem, as the Wall Street Journal points out, is that the one-party system in China has never had to learn the First Rule of Holes. They put themselves in a crater, and yet they’re still digging, the editors argue. And that has real-world consequences for Beijing far beyond their control:

This isn’t the old coverup, when Communist Party bumbling and deceit allowed a local outbreak to turn into the worst global disaster in decades. The new coverup is even more brazen. China continues to falsify vital information about the epidemic on a massive scale. …

After seven decades in power, the party still depends on a governance system that combines arbitrary rule, brutal repression, eye-popping corruption and massive levels of deception, fraud and abuse. The coronavirus outbreak, concealed as long as possible from the higher-ups by the usual self-dealing cliques of local officials, cruelly exposed the gap between the imposing image Beijing seeks to project and the gritty, unsavory realities of one-party rule.

To divert public attention, China’s rulers reverted to their standard playbook: concealing information, squelching discussion of the disaster, and whipping up nationalist sentiment. The trouble is that the steps Beijing saw as necessary to shore up its power at home have dramatically worsened China’s economic prospects and its international reputation.

China, which became a major world power by using and sometimes abusing free-trade rules and global supply chains, has now taken an ax to the roots of its own business model. If the cost of doing business in China includes increased exposure to ruinous shocks like the pandemic, “Made in China” doesn’t pay. And if Beijing can lie so vociferously and implausibly about the pandemic, can private investors or foreign governments ever rely on its promises?

The backfire might be harsher than even the Post or Journal imagines. Let’s reflect again on Josh Rogin’s scoop this morning about that State Department warning from early 2018 about China’s work on bat-carried coronaviruses in Wuhan. Rogin is an excellent reporter and analyst, and this point isn’t at all intended to dismiss the work he put into making the kind of contacts that shook this loose. However, both the nature and the timing of this leak looks very … interesting in light of China’s aggressive attempts to twist the Wuhan Flu narrative away from itself.

Did the State Department just fire a warning shot across Beijing’s propaganda bow? And if they did — what else do they have left to fire? The idea that China can’t competently contain biological research centers is enough to permanently put most people off global economic engagement with China. Anything more and China will experience social distancing of a sort that may leave Xi Jinping and the Communist Party with a permanently impoverished country — and a very restless population. China’s propagandists are playing with fire, and the Trump administration might have just given them a serious burn.

Kathianne
04-15-2020, 01:29 AM
More ostracizing?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2020/04/10/kudlow-pay-the-moving-costs-of-american-companies-leaving-china/#e124cb513c6d

Apr 10, 2020,11:58am EDT
Kudlow: ‘Pay The Moving Costs’ Of American Companies Leaving China
Kenneth Rapoza

Call the moving company, Washington’s picking up the tab.

The same day Japan announced that it would spend upwards of $2.2 billion to get its corporations out of China and either back home or spread throughout southeast Asia, White House National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow said the U.S. should “pay the moving costs” of every American company that wants out of China.

“I would say, 100 percent immediate expensing across the board for plant, equipment, intellectual property, structures, renovations... In other words, if we had 100 percent immediate expensing, we would literally — literally pay the moving costs of American companies,” Kudlow said on the FOX Business Network's America Works Together Town Hall which aired on Thursday.

The Japanese government announced that it would provide direct loans 220 billion yen ($2 billion) for companies shifting production back to Japan and 23.5 billion yen for those seeking to move production to other countries, according to details of the plan posted online.

Kathianne
04-15-2020, 09:49 AM
The truth may be slow, but will eventually come out.

So discussion that I think enlightening here:

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2020/04/15/six-days-hubei-chinas-lies-intimidation-cost-world-last-chance-stop-pandemic/

Six Days In Hubei: How China’s Lies And Intimidation Cost The World Its Last Chance To Stop A Pandemic
ED MORRISSEYPosted at 8:41 am on April 15, 2020

The AP article it's based upon, that looks at China choosing wreckless actions that the rest of the world is paying for:

https://apnews.com/68a9e1b91de4ffc166acd6012d82c2f9

China didn’t warn public of likely pandemic for 6 key days
By The Associated Press
18 minutes ago

Kathianne
04-15-2020, 10:22 AM
and Israel sees a 40 day wall of silence that caused the pandemic:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/criminality-and-corruption-reign-in-xi-pings-china/

Xi Jinping’s China did this
The corrupt, criminal regime wasted 40 days blocking information while it crushed domestic dissent and ensured COVID-19 would become a global pandemic
By IRWIN COTLER and JUDITH ABITAN
12 April 2020, 3:01 pm

There is authoritative and compelling evidence — including a study from the University of Southampton — that if interventions in China had been conducted three weeks earlier, transmission of COVID-19 could have been reduced by 95 percent.

For 40 days, President Xi Jinping’s CPC concealed, destroyed, falsified, and fabricated information about the rampant spread of COVID-19 through its state-sanctioned massive surveillance and suppression of data; its misrepresentation of information; its silencing and criminalizing of its dissent; and its disappearance of its whistleblowers.

Kathianne
04-15-2020, 10:26 AM
When the world starts hating for a county's actions it could get ugly.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/365692/

APRIL 15, 2020
CHINA: Coronavirus runs roughshod over debt-laden belt and road projects. (https://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy/article/3079918/coronavirus-runs-roughshod-over-debt-laden-belt-and-road)

BRI countries such as Montenegro, already deeply indebted to Beijing, face mounting difficulties related to the pandemic as commodity prices plunge, trade falters and exchange rates shift.

“A debt crisis with Chinese characteristics?” warned Germany’s Kiel Institute for the World Economy in a report last year citing growing default risks.

Adding to the challenge of managing mounting global indebtedness is Beijing’s characteristic lack of transparency.

“The Chinese government considers the details of its overseas lending programme a state secret. No one really knows the numbers,” said Brad Parks, executive director of AidData, part of the College of William & Mary in Virginia, and co-author of a study on Chinese lending practices released last month by the Centre for Global Development (CGD).

Experts estimate that developing countries’ “hidden debts” to China totalled US$380 billion well before the crisis, more than their obligations to the Paris Club, a group of 19 wealthy creditor nations, combined; the World Bank; or the International Monetary Fund.
“If you owe the bank $100 that’s your problem. If you owe the bank $100 million, that’s the bank’s problem.”

China has a problem.

Kathianne
04-16-2020, 01:06 PM
Is this the straw which makes US change?

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/91718401_124738062477366_4119697424476274688_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=0SbDDNRq5qUAX8ylzSr&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=c961aba6724ab985605a6beed8d53029&oe=5EBD3978

Drummond
04-16-2020, 03:44 PM
Is this the straw which makes US change?

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/91718401_124738062477366_4119697424476274688_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=0SbDDNRq5qUAX8ylzSr&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=c961aba6724ab985605a6beed8d53029&oe=5EBD3978

Those damned carcinogenic fish will do it every time; obviously a game-changer ...

Brits are now reportedly hopping mad at China ...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1268222/coronavirus-china-outbreak-covid-19-uk-social-distancing-UK-lockdown?utm_source=traffic.outbrain&utm_medium=traffic.outbrain&utm_term=traffic.outbrain&utm_content=traffic.outbrain&utm_campaign=traffic.outbrain

BRITONS reacted furiously at Beijing for allowing the COVID-19 outbreak to become a worldwide pandemic and called for an end to trade with China.

China was the initial epicentre of the coronavirus outbreak but has since emerged from its lockdown after containing the virus. Although it has now contained the virus, the Chinese government has been criticised for its initial response to the contagion by some Conservative MPs. A recent UK poll conducted by Redfield & Wilton Strategies showed 55 percent of Britons believe the Chinese government was to blame for the COVID-19 outbreak.

Reacting to the poll, Express.co.uk readers expressed their fury at Beijing for allowing the virus to spread worldwide.

David Painter said: "Whatever the decisions made at the outbreak of this terrible virus may now be criticised in hindsight.

"The whole situation the world faces can be laid at China door.

"Their total contempt for all has been a demonstration to the rest of the world what very dangerous people we face."

Carmine Monte said: "All people who did not pay attention are partly to blame for their own troubles but the main blame still lies with China!"

Another person wrote: "The virus started in China and China covered it up for as long as it could

"In the meantime, they stopped all incoming flights but did not stop outgoing flights!

"Within this period of time, the virus travelled to Europe, USA and around the world!

"Yes! China is to blame!"

Another said: "Stop China and their trade. Cost lives all over the world cos of one man's arrogance."

Last week, a report from the Commons Foreign Affairs Committee called on the Government to confront an alleged campaign of disinformation against China.

In a new report, MPs have claimed China sought to cover up the outbreak's origins.

Chair of the committee, Tom Tugendhat told The Daily Telegraph that China had cost UK lives.

Our Intelligence community concur:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/1268284/MI6-coronavirus-news-china-latest-intelligence-service-COVID-19-death-toll

SPY AGENCIES in the UK believe there's a need for the government to reassess its relationship with China after the world's coronavirus crisis subsides.

MI6, the foreign intelligence service, and MI5, its domestic counterpart, have raised concerns about Beijing’s response to the virus and the UK’s relationship with the country. They have also begun calling for tighter controls on high-tech and other strategic industries to protect the UK’s intelligence and industry.

The intelligence bodies have asked whether the UK wants to restrict takeovers of key companies in high-tech areas to prevent information leaking.

They also suggested whether the UK should reduce Chinese students’ access to research at universities and elsewhere for the same reason.

A Whitehall source said the UK needs to ensure diversity of supply “in 6G and 7G” and to protect highly important “crown jewel” industries of technology, research and innovation.

Perhaps Boris will have a rethink over accepting Huawei here ?