PDA

View Full Version : A Silver Lining at the Southern Border

NightTrain
04-01-2020, 11:45 PM

This is what I, and most Americans wanted all along - a fast, no nonsense ejection of illegals booted right back across the border.

After this epidemic is over, I expect this to continue. After all, it's already in place. It's common sense. And it follows the law.

Perhaps we'll have to revisit this in 2024, but I'm hopeful that everyone sees the light.

The age-old argument from Democrats about this : "But who will pick our tomatoes? Prices will go up!" Yes, Karen, the prices will go up because the farmers will be paying a living wage. $0.20 more per tomato won't kill you, but it will pay for an American to pick your tomato and he will be adding his payroll taxes and other taxes into the National Kitty so that all benefit from this lawful enterprise.

Whenever I hear that old argument of who will pick the tomato or avacado, I'm reminded of the democrat's arguments back when slavery was being debated - it was going to kill the cotton industry, you know. Seems to me our cotton industry did - and is - doing just fine without slaves picking the cotton.

Under coronavirus immigration measures, U.S. is expelling border-crossers to Mexico in an average of 96 minutesMexican police wearing protective suits are seen at the U.S.-Mexico border, in Ciudad Juarez, on Sunday.
Mexican police wearing protective suits are seen at the U.S.-Mexico border, in Ciudad Juarez, on Sunday. (Jose Luis Gonzalez/Reuters)
By
Nick Miroff
March 30, 2020 at 6:07 p.m. AKDT
Migrants who cross into the United States illegally are being expelled to Mexico in an average of 96 minutes under emergency coronavirus measures now in force across the U.S. southern border, according to three U.S. officials with knowledge of the latest government statistics.

The pandemic has allowed the U.S. Border Patrol to implement the kind of rapid-fire deportation system President Trump has long extolled as his preferred approach to immigration enforcement.

Under the new rules, U.S. agents are processing migrants from Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras “in the field” before they are able to set foot inside a U.S. Border Patrol station. The migrants are then whisked back to the border and sent into Mexico.

The migrants are not given medical exams while in U.S. custody, which is one of the reasons agents are able to send them back to Mexico so quickly, according to one Customs and Border Protection official who, like the others, spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the process because they were not authorized to discuss it publicly.

“The goal is to minimize the exposure to the alien, agent and our country,” the CBP official said.

The flow of unauthorized border crossings has plunged since the emergency measures were implemented on March 21, down from more than 1,000 per day to fewer than 600 on Sunday, the latest statistics show.

Mexican nationals account for about 60 percent of those taken into custody, and migrants from Central America’s “Northern Triangle” nations account for about 26 percent, which means Border Patrol agents are sending more than 85 percent of the migrants they detain right back to Mexico.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immigration/coronavirus-immigration-border-96-minutes/2020/03/30/13af805c-72c5-11ea-ae50-7148009252e3_story.html?fbclid=IwAR0eRirT1a5D6jCjt 0YwZAG457mzh4ofJ5sizxiXJZi0eS_SWMTRqn8khtY

This is very nice to see our BP agents finally able to do their jobs efficiently like they've always wanted to do. Nothing more frustrating than trying to do your job while one hand is tied behind your back from PC liberals openly defying and hindering Federal Law. Especially those in Congress who write the laws defying ones already on the books.

Kathianne
04-02-2020, 12:59 AM

This is what I, and most Americans wanted all along - a fast, no nonsense ejection of illegals booted right back across the border.

After this epidemic is over, I expect this to continue. After all, it's already in place. It's common sense. And it follows the law.

Perhaps we'll have to revisit this in 2024, but I'm hopeful that everyone sees the light.

The age-old argument from Democrats about this : "But who will pick our tomatoes? Prices will go up!" Yes, Karen, the prices will go up because the farmers will be paying a living wage. $0.20 more per tomato won't kill you, but it will pay for an American to pick your tomato and he will be adding his payroll taxes and other taxes into the National Kitty so that all benefit from this lawful enterprise.

Whenever I hear that old argument of who will pick the tomato or avacado, I'm reminded of the democrat's arguments back when slavery was being debated - it was going to kill the cotton industry, you know. Seems to me our cotton industry did - and is - doing just fine without slaves picking the cotton.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immigration/coronavirus-immigration-border-96-minutes/2020/03/30/13af805c-72c5-11ea-ae50-7148009252e3_story.html?fbclid=IwAR0eRirT1a5D6jCjt 0YwZAG457mzh4ofJ5sizxiXJZi0eS_SWMTRqn8khtY

This is very nice to see our BP agents finally able to do their jobs efficiently like they've always wanted to do. Nothing more frustrating than trying to do your job while one hand is tied behind your back from PC liberals openly defying and hindering Federal Law. Especially those in Congress who write the laws defying ones already on the books.

I don't have a thing against immigrants, they need to be legal though. I want the immigrants coming into our country to make it their own, not just to come in for a season-keeping Americans from getting those jobs.

Yet:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tucker-foreign-workers-unemployment-coronavirus

As the coronavirus contagion ravages the U.S. economy and social distancing requirements force the closure of businesses and put millions out of work, the federal government is actively inviting foreign labor into the country to seek jobs, Tucker Carlson said Wednesday on "Tucker Carlson Tonight."

According to Carlson, the Department of Homeland Security released 20,000 H-2B visas Wednesday for seasonal workers to take landscaping, food processing and tourism jobs -- while another 15,000 "bonus visas" are scheduled to be released in May.

"By law, the United States only has to offer 66,000 H-2B visas per year," the host said. "But [acting] Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf has used his discretionary powers to add 35,000 extra visas.

"So that's a total of 100,000 workers coming to this country to take jobs during the single biggest unemployment crisis in a century," Carlson said. "It's demented."

Carlson noted that the St. Louis Fed recently estimated the unemployment rate could reach 32 percent and put more people out of work than in the worst year of the Great Depression.

"At some point coronavirus will be gone, but we could live with the crushing unemployment numbers for far longer and that's a disaster for people, individuals and families -- but it's also a threat to the stability of our country," Carlson said.

"Nothing makes a nation more volatile than the huge numbers of people who don't have jobs," he said, adding that without intervention, America could become a "has-been superpower beholden on China."

Carlson urged Trump to take immediate executive action to stop the release of the visas.

"If President Obama was able to ignore existing immigration law to create DACA, and he did, it's possible for our president to cut legal immigration to protect the nation," he continued, citing Section 1182(f) of Title VIII in the United States Code:

"Whenever the president finds that the entry of any aliens or any class of aliens in the United States would be detrimental to the interest in the United States he may make a proclamation and for such period as he shall deem necessary to suspend the entry of all aliens or class of aliens as immigrants were nonimmigrants or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem appropriate."

Carlson added that the U.S. Supreme Court confirmed the validity of that section of law when it upheld Trump's "travel ban."

NightTrain
04-02-2020, 11:32 AM
I don't have a thing against immigrants, they need to be legal though. I want the immigrants coming into our country to make it their own, not just to come in for a season-keeping Americans from getting those jobs.

Yet:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tucker-foreign-workers-unemployment-coronavirus

Well, yes. I was talking about illegals.

Kathianne
04-02-2020, 12:15 PM
Well, yes. I was talking about illegals.
I don't think the 'workers' visas and such are a great idea.

NightTrain
04-02-2020, 12:46 PM
I don't think the 'workers' visas and such are a great idea.

Agree. That's become a vehicle for companies to pay 3rd world labor rates here in America.

Plus, a huge slice of illegals are hiding out here after the Visa expired. I say do away with them entirely.