PDA

View Full Version : Shoot, are the virus stats correct?

jimnyc
04-02-2020, 10:51 AM
Last update showed about 10,000 for my county and 25 deaths. Here's my local newspaper, only online, updating the news....

Now my township is weird. My tiny town is 1.1 square miles. We are a "village" inside of the town of Mamaroneck. Anyway, the TRUE stats that I am surrounded in, all within a tiny little area. This is NOT what I have been seeing on that damn page. Seems the deaths are off by about 40 deaths, and the last I saw was that my tiny town had like 4, but appears 15 AND also 39 more that all share our same stores. In other words, we have 54 cases in a VERY small area that I am pointing out. There is ONE supermarket in our township, and a few others not far off. Down to ONE Cvs as of 2 years ago. ONE Walgreens. ONE fast food joint (McDs), ONE diner. You see the point, everything in our little area is all shared, and the options are extremely limited. I'm glad I have gloves and masks. I KNOW that damn thing is floating around out there and apparently much worse than I knew about.

Oh, and New Rochelle is that next town over that folks would have to go to in order to have plan B for a supermarket. That was ground zero and they have 264 active cases there.

AND this is dated March 26, and I can't find more recent other than this:

Update April 2: Sixty-four Westchester County residents have died from coronavirus-related symptoms as confirmed cases topped 10,000, says County Executive George Latimer. He said Wednesday he would not share the latest town-by-town data, as he has almost daily to reporters, because of the lag between cases reported by New York state and the county confirming them.

Larchmont 15
Mamaroneck Town 20
Mamaroneck Village 19

jimnyc
04-02-2020, 11:10 AM
Looking back, I found that as of March 25th, there were 13 cases in my town, and 18 and 18 respectively between the city encompassing us and another tiny village. As of today it's the 15, 19 and 20. So from the 25th til now there has been 5 new cases. I guess that means the older cases were likely early on in this process.