PDA

View Full Version : Schumer bill would require FBI to regulate body armor sales

tina
04-02-2020, 05:30 PM
Schumer bill would require FBI to regulate body armor sales
https://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/politics/schumer-bill-would-require-fbi-to-regulate-body-armor-sales/

Drummond
04-02-2020, 05:34 PM

https://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/politics/schumer-bill-would-require-fbi-to-regulate-body-armor-sales/

Hello Tina.

Your posts (here, and on another thread) have been about greater regulation.

What's your discussion point ? Are you arguing about greater, or less, regulations ?

High_Plains_Drifter
04-02-2020, 06:08 PM

So what's your point?

Are you just spreading stories around on the internet, or do you actually have an opinion to share on them... since that is what we do here. This is a discussion forum, not a link dump.

Black Diamond
04-02-2020, 06:16 PM
So what's your point?

Are you just spreading stories around on the internet, or do you actually have an opinion to share on them... since that is what we do here. This is a discussion forum, not a link dump.

The term link dump made me laugh. That's good.

tina
04-02-2020, 06:24 PM
The elites will never say there are enough taxes, wars, debt, and tyranny.

The ruling class will continue their insanity until the US Ponzi economy collapses, the 99% are sent to the concentration camps, a civil war breaks out, and WWIII starts so they can divide the wealth of the world among themselves. This is the end game. The only question is when.

You would need to be living under a rock not to see this.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-02-2020, 06:26 PM
OOOOooooooo K... :tinfoil:

Black Diamond
04-02-2020, 06:28 PM
Lemme take a wild guess. Fema is setting these camps up and has been for years. Also it sounds like our newest member is either a troll or a Marxist - Leninist. I'm actually hoping for the latter.

SassyLady
04-03-2020, 02:50 AM

Article is from 8 months ago. What was the end result, Tina?

Drummond
04-04-2020, 04:53 AM
The elites will never say there are enough taxes, wars, debt, and tyranny.

The ruling class will continue their insanity until the US Ponzi economy collapses, the 99% are sent to the concentration camps, a civil war breaks out, and WWIII starts so they can divide the wealth of the world among themselves. This is the end game. The only question is when.

You would need to be living under a rock not to see this.

I'm struggling to get a proper 'handle' on all this ... I'm from the UK, and it turns out that the link sent isn't acccessible in my part of the world.

So I can only really assess any of this from the comments I'm seeing.

With the best will in the world, Tina, your above (bolded, yet !) comment seems bizarre in the extreme. Are you not aware of reality ?? There's a reality out there of a virus which, because of how easily it can be contracted, requires stringent controls on movement and behaviours.

None of this is within a light year of any 'ideal' existence. But, it is the reality that the world is having to deal with.

My impression of you is that you're making that classic, non-Conservative, error of divorcing yourself from reality, so that your fantasy can predominate in its place. That, Tina, does nobody any favours ...

How would you have coped, I'm wondering, had you lived when bubonic plague was active in the world ? Would you have deluded yourself into thinking that it didn't exist ?

If you can defend your 'view' intelligibly, go for it !! But as matters stand, I for one can't make any sense of what you're saying.

nt22
04-05-2020, 07:45 AM
Wow.

The problems of today could be solved by doing what the government did in the past- NOTHING.

Americans scream FEMA camps are the only solution for natural disasters, but San Francisco recovered from the 1906 earthquake without government help.

Americans insist concentration camps are the only answer to viruses, but the government did nothing about a cholera outbreak in 1832.

Americans say the only possible solutions to deal with illegal immigrants are to build a wall, have warrantless searches, DNA databases, license plate scanners, and build concentration camps, but the US used to have open borders.

Americans say the only solution to recessions is to give billion dollar bailouts to bankers who commit fraud and give welfare to the lazy, but the US recovered from the Panic of 1893 without government action.

The government starts a problem and offers a solution. Why not avoid starting a problem in the first place?

If the government starts a trade war that kills the economy and then offers bailouts, why not just avoid starting a trade war in the first place?

If the government increases the minimum wage and regulations that kill businesses and raise prices and then offers welfare, why not just reduce the minimum wage and regulations?

The government is not a holy god. The government is force.

Why not allow the free market to handle problems?

The private market and charities cannot provide disaster relief?

The free market cannot provide medical care, delivery companies, railroads, airports, schools, fire departments, private mediation, and security companies?

Do your shoes come from government shoes factories?

Can't churches teach morals?

Do you really trust the government to tell you what the truth is?

Does the government spend your money better than you do?

People don't have any personal responsibility?

Can't you move away from people you don't like?

Can't you save money to prepare for downturns?

Can't Americans boycott products with cheap prices instead of begging for a trade war that kills the economy?

Can't Americans quit low paying jobs, learn a skill, move to another city, or start a business instead of thinking a minimum wage will magically make them rich with no unintended consequences?

Is tyranny something that only affects others, but not you?

Are Americans retarded children?

Didn't tyranny kill millions of people in Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union, China, and Cambodia?

What do we need government for anyway?

If a private association like the MPAA can regulate movies, why can't the private market regulate other things?

When the TSA fingers your asshole and pulls your cock, is the real purpose to protect you or to make you feel like a degraded slave?

When people smoke now, people just call the police on them, but people in the past either took some personal responsibility and ignored smokers, moved away from smokers, or asked smokers to go somewhere else. The problem with a police state is everyone now is either or a slave or a criminal. Who pays the taxes to pay for tyranny?

If smoking is dangerous, can't nonprofits raise funds to pay for educational campaigns that warn of the dangers of smoking instead of outlawing smoking?

Can't people use the BBB to verify if a business is good or not instead of forcing companies to pay fees to get a government business license?

Can't private charities funded by volunteer donations provide homeless shelters and soup kitchens instead of being at forced at the point of a gun by the government to pay taxes that fund welfare?

Can't people use to protect themselves instead of relying on the Gestapo?

Can't neighborhoods hire private security firms to protect their homes?

Can't the free market provide toll roads?

Can't the free market provide private airports?

Can't the free market provide private schools?

Can't the free market provide disaster relief instead of FEMA?

Can't the free market run delivery services instead of the USPS?

Can't the free market run railroads instead of Amtrack?

Think.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-05-2020, 07:57 AM
Do tell... oh wise old sage... from what PERFECT UTOPIAN NATION do you hail from that is so SUPERIOR to the United States?

nt22
04-05-2020, 08:08 AM
Americans say tyranny is wonderful because the US has always been a police state, but what if the USA used to have freedom and lost it?

Even if the US never had freedom, does that mean liberty is bad?

Did the USA have curfews, NSA wiretapping, checkpoints, forfeiture, the end to the right to silence, free speech bans, torture, kill lists, no fly lists, searches without warrants, private prisons, mandatory minimums, 3 strikes laws, DNA databases, CISPA, SOPA, NDAA, IMBRA, FBAR, FATCA, TSA groping, secret FISA courts, redlight cameras, license plate readers, and Jade Helm in 1980?

Did Americans have gun bans, business licenses, Social Security numbers, sales, income, or property taxes in 1890?

Were drugs, alcohol, smoking, gambling, and prostitution illegal in 1880?

High_Plains_Drifter
04-05-2020, 08:19 AM
Another DUMP AND RUN America trashing troll... 99% sure it's an AI BOT.

One tell tale sign is INABILITY TO INTERACT.

Look at the letters... tina: large letters in bold, nt22: large letters... see anything familiar?

Drummond
04-05-2020, 08:29 AM
Americans say tyranny is wonderful because the US has always been a police state, but what if the USA used to have freedom and lost it?

Even if the US never had freedom, does that mean liberty is bad?

Did the USA have curfews, NSA wiretapping, checkpoints, forfeiture, the end to the right to silence, free speech bans, torture, kill lists, no fly lists, searches without warrants, private prisons, mandatory minimums, 3 strikes laws, DNA databases, CISPA, SOPA, NDAA, IMBRA, FBAR, FATCA, TSA groping, secret FISA courts, redlight cameras, license plate readers, and Jade Helm in 1980?

Did Americans have gun bans, business licenses, Social Security numbers, sales, income, or property taxes in 1890?

Were drugs, alcohol, smoking, gambling, and prostitution illegal in 1880?

You're full of questions designed to criticise the Governmental status quo. Indeed, you're working extremely hard to question in every conceivable way, obviously.

What drives these questions ? You're clearly powerfully motivated to post them. WHY ?

I suggest you begin by answering High Plains Drifter's post, above.

If you suggest an alternative to what we have, and are seeing today, let's learn what that alternative is, and why you think it'll be superior.

.... That is, if you CAN offer one .... ? ....

Questions require answers. Do you have workable answers ? A society needs to exist to meet real conditions. Will yours do that ?

For the moment, can I remind you of what we're seeing in the world ... a pandemic, requiring stringent measures to counter it ? What place does your thinking have in today's reality ?

Because, you see, that's what counts today: REALITY. Dealing with that reality in terms that best meets it.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-05-2020, 08:34 AM
You're full of questions designed to criticise the Governmental status quo. Indeed, you're working extremely hard to question in every conceivable way, obviously.

What drives these questions ? You're clearly powerfully motivated to post them. WHY ?

I suggest you begin by answering High Plains Drifter's post, above.

If you suggest an alternative to what we have, and are seeing today, let's learn what that alternative is, and why you think it'll be superior.

.... That is, if you CAN offer one .... ? ....

Questions require answers. Do you have workable answers ? A society needs to exist to meet real conditions. Will yours do that ?

For the moment, can I remind you of what we're seeing in the world ... a pandemic, requiring stringent measures to counter it ? What place does your thinking have in today's reality ?

Because, you see, that's what counts today: REALITY. Dealing with that reality in terms that best meets it.
It's a bot, guaranteed, unable to respond as a human would. It has some copy and paste canned responses already, but that's the extent of it.

I honestly wouldn't doubt if it's a chinese AI bot. Their anti America propaganda campaign is in full swing right now, and I think they're desperate. They know that depending on what WE do after this virus thing is over will determine if they continue to prosper, OFF US, or if we cut them off and they sink back into irrelevance.

Drummond
04-05-2020, 08:40 AM
Another DUMP AND RUN America trashing troll... 99% sure it's an AI BOT.

One tell tale sign is INABILITY TO INTERACT.

Look at the letters... tina: large letters in bold, nt22: large letters... see anything familiar?

Well, I've given this 'bot' plenty to react to. I think you're right: these posts are not from people remotely interested in discussing anything (& not least because discussion would test what was posted, & the contributor couldn't allow that ...).

Happy to be proved wrong, though .. as ever ....

Retired
04-05-2020, 12:45 PM
Obeying the law is difficult when everything is illegal.

NightTrain
04-05-2020, 01:05 PM

What's your solution, Retired?

SassyLady
04-05-2020, 01:11 PM

Not true.

NightTrain
04-05-2020, 01:25 PM
I'm sure everyone is aware, but we're monitoring the recent intrusion of foreign bots to the board here.

SassyLady
04-05-2020, 01:33 PM
I'm sure everyone is aware, but we're monitoring the recent intrusion of foreign bots to the board here.

4 of them now, right?

I was wondering if NT22 was related to you until I read the post.

NightTrain
04-05-2020, 01:39 PM
4 of them now, right?

I was wondering if NT22 was related to you until I read the post.

That caught my eye too! lol

Yeah, 4 or 5. The Chinese aren't nearly as clever as they think they are.

Pretty vicious communist bots, eh? I especially enjoyed the line urging us to leave the US right away. :laugh2:

High_Plains_Drifter
04-05-2020, 02:08 PM
Oh GEE Retired, you post using EXACT SAME CANNED BS and FONT THAT nt22 does... what a WEIRD COINCIDENCE... pfft... :laugh:

Black Diamond
04-05-2020, 04:11 PM
I am always disappointed when Marxist - Leninists, Stalinists, and nazis turn out to be bots or trolls. I would be interested in their arguments and "comebacks" :laugh:

Drummond
04-05-2020, 04:32 PM
I am always disappointed when Marxist - Leninists, Stalinists, and nazis turn out to be bots or trolls. I would be interested in their arguments and "comebacks" :laugh:

I wonder how many would risk trying to argue.

The feature I've always found to be true of extremist Lefties is that they NEVER concede, when bested. They literally can't. To them, their doctrine must be inviolable, so if any of it is ever shown to be fundamentally questionable, said Leftie would undergo a form of meltdown.

It's like the old 'pulling at a loose thread of a tapestry' argument. No Leftie can risk having the whole edifice unravel !

jlre
04-20-2020, 09:04 PM
Nazis scream that Trump is doing an excellent job and Communists swear Trump is doing a terrible job, but no one cares that the US is a bankrupt warmongering police state.

LongTermGuy
04-20-2020, 09:15 PM
Nazis scream that Trump is doing an excellent job and Communists swear Trump is doing a terrible job, but no one cares that the US is a bankrupt warmongering police state.

Very >>Low-info "yes we can" Leftist butt-hurt (Liberal) Ignorance and stupidity has no bounds....and remains endlessly repetitious...

Hot Dogger
04-21-2020, 07:54 AM
Senator Chuck Schumer is an anti-American sonuvabitch who in previous American times would have been tarred and feathered, then run out of town on a rail.

:salute:

Hot Dogger
04-21-2020, 08:30 AM
Wait... why was the OP banned? The OP is from Communist China and we definitely need someone like that here, what a hoot. I was a mod at a small forum and we had a genuine communist posting there, Commander Sunfarstar, second in command of the Marxist-Leninist Party. I learned a lot from that guy, nobody else wanted him around but me.

One time, he posted all these nude sex pictures and a lot of Chinese writing, people demanded he be banned. But the pictures were of a bunch of Chinese politicians and bureaucrats having an orgy, it was as if he posted Monica and Willy's escapades. He was in and out of political prion at least a couple of times, he'd post pictures of himself and others from time to time as if they were in a military barracks, but it was a political prison. That forum is closed now, I've not seen Sun in a few years. He was a pain in the neck at times, so I gave him his own forum, where it was difficult getting him to stay in the nice little cage I'd prepared for him where he could freely do as he wished.

I really object to censorship, if the OP was banned because of their political beliefs than that's simply un-American and wrong.

Kathianne
04-21-2020, 08:42 AM
Wait... why was the OP banned? The OP is from Communist China and we definitely need someone like that here, what a hoot. I was a mod at a small forum and we had a genuine communist posting there, Commander Sunfarstar, second in command of the Marxist-Leninist Party. I learned a lot from that guy, nobody else wanted him around but me.

One time, he posted all these nude sex pictures and a lot of Chinese writing, people demanded he be banned. But the pictures were of a bunch of Chinese politicians and bureaucrats having an orgy, it was as if he posted Monica and Willy's escapades. He was in and out of political prion at least a couple of times, he'd post pictures of himself and others from time to time as if they were in a military barracks, but it was a political prison. That forum is closed now, I've not seen Sun in a few years. He was a pain in the neck at times, so I gave him his own forum, where it was difficult getting him to stay in the nice little cage I'd prepared for him where he could freely do as he wished.

I really object to censorship, if the OP was banned because of their political beliefs than that's simply un-American and wrong.

Not wanting to be the 'heavy' here, but you'll note in the rules that if you have a problem with moderation or anything to do with staff, please use the pm system.

NightTrain
04-21-2020, 12:59 PM
In answer to your question, HotDogger, these are Chinese bots. They are not real people.

Both the Russians and Chinese have spent a great deal of time developing their bots, and while they're ineffective with swaying moderately intelligent people, leftists and protesters latch on to these inane talking points and parrot them. They are the real targets of these operations.

The Chinese have been developing their bots and testing them on this board for a few years now, and Jim and I have been watching them improve.

Allowing them to proceed unhindered isn't something no one on Staff agrees with, and Jim doesn't want his board bastardized to promote Communist China's propaganda.

Pete already unknowingly does the bidding of the ChiComs, and while he's a lost cause, there are thousands of guests who view these forums and allowing a direct link from propagandists to naive people surfing the internet isn't something Jim is interested in.

jimnyc
04-21-2020, 01:11 PM

I know you are new here.

We very very rarely EVER ban anyone here, especially for their views or beliefs on any political issues. Usually it would only be spammers being banned instantly. It would normally take some truly shitty and messed up actions for one to be banned for the board here.

Even Chinese folks are welcome here. We had some Russian folks here for a tad sharing with us. None of that matters and ALL political viewpoints are welcome! Preferably folks will be more "adult" like in how they discuss and debate things, but even crappy presentations of ones views won't get you banned.

I don't know if you know how these "bots" work. I've seen it with political beliefs down to folks spamming their sales. They use these programs and fill them with the information they want out there. Can even be multiple things over time. They can even assign many many user names to use over time. And these programs will go out automatically and try to register to various boards, then they come back at a later time usually and make a single post from their program. Or come back slyly over time with a new thread and their beliefs or what they they are selling out there. That's why over time if you let it go 100% freely, you can search the back end via IP addresses and see these various members with very low posting numbers, all coming from the identical place.

"Tina" is a rarity of a username. It's usually a weird combination of letters and/or numbers at the end. And then usually weird email addresses attached where the names don't even match. That's because these programs will even invent various new usernames for you as it goes along.

Sometimes it's easy to catch on with the "JoeSchmo2976.9_chines_characters (at) some unknown email company. Other times it takes a tad for them to build up and you notice a pattern.

We don't censor at all, but WILL ban these bots if we see them. Spammers get their posts instantly deleted. The only other time is the thread bans. They so more than others. This way someone isn't banned, but they may no longer be able to post in that one selected thread. And why? 99% of the time because that member is trolling the thread too much or starting fights or otherwise trying to ruin the thread for others.

retired80
06-30-2020, 05:44 AM
The boxcars won't even be needed because Americans are so enslaved now that Americans will drive themselves to the concentration camps.