PDA

View Full Version : Stay home next 2 weeks

jimnyc
04-05-2020, 09:59 AM
Please folks, everyone take this seriously, and stay home if at all possible the next 2 weeks. The incubation period or whatever they call it, is here. The next 2 weeks are the most dangerous and the most contagious out there. Of course hospitals and anywhere sick people go.

And I was right, the next place they say to avoid, at least Dr. Birx - stay away from grocery stores if at all possible for the next 2 weeks, same as other places.

This applies to ALL coming here, haters and the banned. I don't want to see anyone sick, I'd rather argue when this is a memory. :)

Anyone looking for N95 masks and can't get them? Wear anything if possible. If you see or can get KN95 masks, that is China's version of the N95 and 3M even admits they are just as good, just not made in American companies. Better than nothing. Then you have the FFP2 masks, which are almost the same, just Europe's version of the N95. Then you have the N99 and N100 which are even better, even more expensive right now and about impossible to get. I got lucky and found yet another 3M 8210 Plus respirator in my workshop! I plan on the rarity out, clean up and put it on, put a cloth mask over the top. Use sparingly, get back home. Wash up entirely, drop cloth off, drop N95 in breathable bag now, and use it again.

Gunny
04-05-2020, 10:20 AM
Please folks, everyone take this seriously, and stay home if at all possible the next 2 weeks. The incubation period or whatever they call it, is here. The next 2 weeks are the most dangerous and the most contagious out there. Of course hospitals and anywhere sick people go.

And I was right, the next place they say to avoid, at least Dr. Birx - stay away from grocery stores if at all possible for the next 2 weeks, same as other places.

This applies to ALL coming here, haters and the banned. I don't want to see anyone sick, I'd rather argue when this is a memory. :)

Anyone looking for N95 masks and can't get them? Wear anything if possible. If you see or can get KN95 masks, that is China's version of the N95 and 3M even admits they are just as good, just not made in American companies. Better than nothing. Then you have the FFP2 masks, which are almost the same, just Europe's version of the N95. Then you have the N99 and N100 which are even better, even more expensive right now and about impossible to get. I got lucky and found yet another 3M 8210 Plus respirator in my workshop! I plan on the rarity out, clean up and put it on, put a cloth mask over the top. Use sparingly, get back home. Wash up entirely, drop cloth off, drop N95 in breathable bag now, and use it again.

So who exactly decided the next 2 weeks is "it"? Didn't the Chinese flu arrive at different points and places at different times? And I'm not being a prick, just asking questions.

To this minute as reported we have 342 cases and 9 deaths here in San Antonio. For a major blue city, we aren't even touching any of the others numbers. My guess was we just haven't been hit yet. Although I will say given some of the reports I've read about other places, our city basically has been quiet and most people staying home since the mayor put us on double-secret probation.

Drummond
04-05-2020, 10:33 AM

Different rules in the UK, evidently. We have a lockdown into its second week, in force. Visits to grocery stores and supermarkets permitted for now (subject to review). We were told that the lockdown would be reviewed when it was 3 weeks old, but everyone thinks it'll need to be extended to at least double its present period .. again, subject to review.

Matt Hancock (Health Secretary) has viewed with alarm that, over this weekend (as we've had warmer and sunnier weather) people have been failing to observe distancing rules, and reasons permitting outdoor activities. Says as a result, he might need to introduce far tougher rules that prohibit freedom of movement if it doesn't stop.

He has the legal power to do it, if he chooses to.

On masks ... Hancock still insists that wearing them is next to useless, and he advises strongly against it. Says also that those doing so are denying health workers their own stock of masks, so if anything, wearing them is an antisocial act.

Abbey Marie
04-05-2020, 11:54 PM

My daughter is forced to go to her office two days a week. And she lives with us.

What about grocery deliveries?
Take out food?

LongTermGuy
04-06-2020, 01:38 AM
My daughter is forced to go to her office two days a week. And she lives with us.

Take out food?

Daughter..make sure she washes her hands frequently for those 2 days at work...and Not touch her face...

Online many bigger stores have pick-up at store....Go early and pick up at curb.

Or have it delivered: Load up....

High_Plains_Drifter
04-06-2020, 05:35 AM

Take out food?
I have a good friend here that's a good conservative. He owns a nice bar/restaurant on the main drag here, and another bar/restaurant/motel across the bridge. He's been forced to close down but has been serving take out food from a window of the place across the bridge, and they've been delivering. As much as I would love to help support him so he can stay afloat, I'm very worried about the food he's preparing and his help. Are they virus free? Are they cooking with masks and gloves on? Is there ANY guarantee that what he's handing out his window or delivering to your home is virus free? Well, I'm sorry but, without those guarantees, I can't go there, even though I was tempted to order a nice chicken dinner and go out and pick it up yesterday, I didn't. He's made no mention on his facebook business pages of any sort of precautions he's taken in his kitchen or with his employees.

If it was my business, I would have.

SassyLady
04-06-2020, 07:39 AM
I have a good friend here that's a good conservative. He owns a nice bar/restaurant on the main drag here, and another bar/restaurant/motel across the bridge. He's been forced to close down but has been serving take out food from a window of the place across the bridge, and they've been delivering. As much as I would love to help support him so he can stay afloat, I'm very worried about the food he's preparing and his help. Are they virus free? Are they cooking with masks and gloves on? Is there ANY guarantee that what he's handing out his window or delivering to your home is virus free? Well, I'm sorry but, without those guarantees, I can't go there, even though I was tempted to order a nice chicken dinner and go out and pick it up yesterday, I didn't. He's made no mention on his facebook business pages of any sort of precautions he's taken in his kitchen or with his employees.

If it was my business, I would have.
If you want to help, but uncomfortable with meals coming into your house, buy meals for front line people. Nurses, docs, cops, etc. Also, you can tell owner you'll pay for next two meals ordered. Or, just make a charitable donation and claim on taxes next year.

I sent money to my hairdresser, nail person and housekeeper. Still letting gardner come and work. Just keeping our distance.

jimnyc
04-06-2020, 08:33 AM
So who exactly decided the next 2 weeks is "it"? Didn't the Chinese flu arrive at different points and places at different times? And I'm not being a prick, just asking questions.

To this minute as reported we have 342 cases and 9 deaths here in San Antonio. For a major blue city, we aren't even touching any of the others numbers. My guess was we just haven't been hit yet. Although I will say given some of the reports I've read about other places, our city basically has been quiet and most people staying home since the mayor put us on double-secret probation.

It won't really be every last spot, but they are predicting this based on the incubation periods they know & the spikes/drops in the count. When things 'may' be the most contagious and the most deaths out there.

FakeNewsSux
04-06-2020, 09:33 AM
It won't really be every last spot, but they are predicting this based on the incubation periods they know & the spikes/drops in the count. When things 'may' be the most contagious and the most deaths out there.

All based on models that have been incredibly wrong. Still wondering why there is such strong resistance to mass testing of the population. Dr. Brix said last week that all universities could easily establish a mass testing regimen that would not only show which people are infected but also those that had been infected and have recovered and are now immune.

My guess is that they want to keep the morbidity rate and thus the panic rate as high as possible to keep the government control at the maximum level. Any rational thinking person must conclude that given the highly infectious nature of this virus that at least a quarter if not a third of the population has already been exposed with 95% recovering without medical treatment.

I believe that this whole 'lockdown' business has as much to do with Pres. Trump's lack of political experience as does the medical necessity. He had to put up with the paralysis of the Mueller Investigation and an impeachment over a non event because he didn't understand how to politically stop the Democrats from carrying out a silent coup. Now they are trying to take advantage of a public health emergency to damage his electoral chances, positioning any move he makes as the act of a tyrant looking to kill off the innocent.

jimnyc
04-06-2020, 10:10 AM
All based on models that have been incredibly wrong. Still wondering why there is such strong resistance to mass testing of the population. Dr. Brix said last week that all universities could easily establish a mass testing regimen that would not only show which people are infected but also those that had been infected and have recovered and are now immune.

My guess is that they want to keep the morbidity rate and thus the panic rate as high as possible to keep the government control at the maximum level. Any rational thinking person must conclude that given the highly infectious nature of this virus that at least a quarter if not a third of the population has already been exposed with 95% recovering without medical treatment.

I believe that this whole 'lockdown' business has as much to do with Pres. Trump's lack of political experience as does the medical necessity. He had to put up with the paralysis of the Mueller Investigation and an impeachment over a non event because he didn't understand how to politically stop the Democrats from carrying out a silent coup. Now they are trying to take advantage of a public health emergency to damage his electoral chances, positioning any move he makes as the act of a tyrant looking to kill off the innocent.

I know, trust me, but the numbers are picking up in many places, so I do believe it's getting more contagious in some areas.

And I think they won't admit that they don't nearly have enough tests. For here in NY where its insanity - you must call the CDC or go to a website and fill out a document fully. IF they feel you qualify, they will call you. If an emergency, still call 911.

I'm in the "don't trust" all you hear and read, but take note of the deaths and take precautions 'as it can't hurt'. We're not hoarding or calling 911 daily, I'm just ensuring I stay up to date, inform myself via around the world, take common sense precautions even if it seems like a little overkill (staying home or wearing masks). Just in case things are fully on the up and up, or worse than folks tell us, I just feel better with better protection and avoiding folks that don't care and touching/breathing on everything.

If it's overkill and other stuff, I'll have plenty of things to go off about for years to come. :) But at least I'll be alive to do so! And hopefully everyone else here too!

FakeNewsSux
04-06-2020, 11:15 AM
I know, trust me, but the numbers are picking up in many places, so I do believe it's getting more contagious in some areas.

And I think they won't admit that they don't nearly have enough tests. For here in NY where its insanity - you must call the CDC or go to a website and fill out a document fully. IF they feel you qualify, they will call you. If an emergency, still call 911.

I'm in the "don't trust" all you hear and read, but take note of the deaths and take precautions 'as it can't hurt'. We're not hoarding or calling 911 daily, I'm just ensuring I stay up to date, inform myself via around the world, take common sense precautions even if it seems like a little overkill (staying home or wearing masks). Just in case things are fully on the up and up, or worse than folks tell us, I just feel better with better protection and avoiding folks that don't care and touching/breathing on everything.

If it's overkill and other stuff, I'll have plenty of things to go off about for years to come. :) But at least I'll be alive to do so! And hopefully everyone else here too!

Just remember, it's the same group of folks giving you the daily death count that are making it difficult if not impossible to not mass test.

I'm the same as you, my wife and I are both stay at home people since the first week of March. Been to the Kroger, pharmacy, restaurant drive through and gas station maybe five or six times since. People have been willing to give the president the benefit of the doubt to help keep this in the 'bad flu season' range. But the patience is not there to send the country into the next Great Depression just because Dr. Faucci says so and the Democrats demand that no Trump rallies happen, no Biden non rallies happen and a self imploded economy will finally be the national crises they have been pushing for the last four years to kill off Trump.

Plus, face it. There is a professional and financial incentive for doctors and hospitals to pawn off deaths to the coronavirus as well as a commsense side to the deaths. All of the numbers I've seen show that over 80% of all COVID deaths globally are people over 70 and of that group, 75% are over 80. How many of those died of COVID or simply had COVID present when they died. Elderly, critically ill people sequestered in a building filled with COVID patients means everyone gets it and everyone who dies has it, no matter what they die of.

Like I said, I along with most Americans are willing to give the president the benefit of the doubt to address COVID but any shut down beyond May 1 will receive significant push back nationwide.

jimnyc
04-06-2020, 11:29 AM
Defintely much much worse for the elderly, especially the death rate. But I have seen many young'uns in the hospitals. But they are not nearly as many as elderly and the compromised folks. But there was another leading story of a 19 year old today. Sick, sweaty, 105 degree temps, bad headaches and in the hospital, but no ventilator for him, not bad enough.

And hell, I'm more than an introvert normally. I'm always one to pretty much only go out when I need to, which isn't often. I suppose at times like this it pays to be fucked in the head and "mental" as some say, all those years of preparing for lockdown! So sitting at my computer for hours and hours, drinking coffee and watching TV for hours, working in basement for hours, and my vehicles averaging about 5,000 miles per year if I'm lucky! And those are because of many trips to NJ and some to the South and back. My last truck should have had average of about 180k at 12k per year, and then 225k averaging at 15k per year. But when the 'ol dump truck took it out, I only had I think 104k on her.

Anyway, point is, this doesn't nearly bug me at all compared to others going nuts from it.

And I have questions and concerns and I wonder about things. But I've also seen the ER's and bodies too. So I figure I may as well use my professional experience as a mental Bum to good use!

Gunny
04-06-2020, 09:30 PM
It won't really be every last spot, but they are predicting this based on the incubation periods they know & the spikes/drops in the count. When things 'may' be the most contagious and the most deaths out there.:) Just saw your other thread about their "predictions" a few minutes ago :)

My "thing" here, and I have tried grilling it into people's brains for decades, what you need want of have their is not necessarily what I need want or have here. A "national" lockdown. Y'all are getting your butts kicked in NYC while we are not here. It's different everywhere and some twits in DC can't just blanket say "next two weeks is it". For which city, state, region? It could be just leaving that area and entering mine or vice-versa.

Honestly? I don't know who to believe so I don't believe anyone. I'm siting here watching my Constitutional Rights and seeing where they are going.

Drummond
04-07-2020, 06:48 AM
Saying it plainly: a TWO week lockdown is simply not long enough.

Being incredibly optimistic, let's suppose that the mere 2 weeks is enough to take care of 95 percent of infections. How many spreaders would the remaining five percent constitute ? The bigger the count of the infected (& so, numerically speaking, the greater the need for the lockdown !) ... the bigger the count that remaining five percent would be. So, the speedier the REinfection would be.

A two week lockdown, if literally everybody obeyed it, if no healthcare worker went into the community during that time, if literally nobody travelled, or walked in the streets, could JUST work. That won't happen, though. A few will take their chances.

In the UK, we've a THREE week lockdown, with limited exceptions (e.g shopping for food). Few believe it'll be long enough, & our thinking is that it will have to last for months.

Mark my words: a mere 2 week lockdown will not work. It invites a resurgence of infection.

jimnyc
04-07-2020, 07:45 AM
:) Just saw your other thread about their "predictions" a few minutes ago :)

My "thing" here, and I have tried grilling it into people's brains for decades, what you need want of have their is not necessarily what I need want or have here. A "national" lockdown. Y'all are getting your butts kicked in NYC while we are not here. It's different everywhere and some twits in DC can't just blanket say "next two weeks is it". For which city, state, region? It could be just leaving that area and entering mine or vice-versa.

Honestly? I don't know who to believe so I don't believe anyone. I'm siting here watching my Constitutional Rights and seeing where they are going.

Not sure where I prefaced it, but yeah, these warnings should be a little more "floating" - as in that warning is primarily for the NYC area, but will move around. And if you open one place and another is still bad....

pete311
04-07-2020, 08:36 AM
Stay home? My state republicans just made millions of people stand next to each other and vote today.

Gunny
04-07-2020, 09:09 AM
Saying it plainly: a TWO week lockdown is simply not long enough.

Being incredibly optimistic, let's suppose that the mere 2 weeks is enough to take care of 95 percent of infections. How many spreaders would the remaining five percent constitute ? The bigger the count of the infected (& so, numerically speaking, the greater the need for the lockdown !) ... the bigger the count that remaining five percent would be. So, the speedier the REinfection would be.

A two week lockdown, if literally everybody obeyed it, if no healthcare worker went into the community during that time, if literally nobody travelled, or walked in the streets, could JUST work. That won't happen, though. A few will take their chances.

In the UK, we've a THREE week lockdown, with limited exceptions (e.g shopping for food). Few believe it'll be long enough, & our thinking is that it will have to last for months.

Mark my words: a mere 2 week lockdown will not work. It invites a resurgence of infection.They have no intention of having a 2 week lockdown. They need an agreement to a 2 week lockdown, which doesn't look like much on the surface so everyone's thinking "I can do that", to get their toes in the door. It's WAY easier to get something knee jerk passed in this country than it is to ever get it rescinded.

Once they overcome the hurdle of acceptance, they will then extend it and/or broaden its scope as they see fit and we'll have done nothing but facilitate it.

jimnyc
04-07-2020, 09:40 AM
If anyone reading and posting, and you see 'something' trolling, just move along and ignore the idiocy please. Trolls want responses, it's what fuels them and keeps them going. Them and assholes that want to mess with others during rough times. They live off responses as they try to piss others off.

Be happy when a piece of shit shows their true colors so that you don't have to spend any time on a single keystroke in bothering with them. Let the shit disappear with the latest flush.

Gunny
04-07-2020, 09:46 AM
If anyone reading and posting, and you see 'something' trolling, just move along and ignore the idiocy please. Trolls want responses, it's what fuels them and keeps them going. Them and assholes that want to mess with others during rough times. They live off responses as they try to piss others off.

Be happy when a piece of shit shows their true colors so that you don't have to spend any time on a single keystroke in bothering with them. Let the shit disappear with the latest flush.I'm waiting on the toddler to wake up. Just relieving boredom :)

You hit one nail on the head though: "shows its true colors". I believe Drummond was right when he stated lefties are incapable of empathy for anyone that thinks differently than they do.

jimnyc
04-07-2020, 09:49 AM
I'm waiting on the toddler to wake up. Just relieving boredom :)

You hit one nail on the head though: "shows its true colors". I believe Drummond was right when he stated lefties are incapable of empathy for anyone that thinks differently than they do.

Many of us here have had our share of words and negative feelings over the years and always come around. At any rate, I don't see that right now. Folks temporarily dropped any animosity there was, and everyone seems to be concerned and discussing this and sharing information back and forth and I see an awful lot of thanks and likes that I normally wouldn't see. I like to see that. I respect everyone here big time. Even if.

But not when someone would choose THIS very time to reappear of sorts and then post the shit I have seen.