PDA

View Full Version : Too far, not enough?

jimnyc
04-06-2020, 11:55 AM
Many state they feel like this is the same as house arrest not being able to leave homes and other rules. Then the violations and threats come out.

But how often do we come across such rules, that where if one breaks it, not only could it potentially get them sick or killed, but then potentially allows them to pass it along. So a person going out or doing certain things, can be harming others.

But then many stories of freedom of speech being suppressed. Then again, sports stars and a lot of jobs already will have limitations on what people can say, or say goodbye to their jobs or contracts. But these stories are about folks on the front lines trying to get the truth out and getting in trouble, or threatened.

So this is one effed time. I DO think some will abuse this. Some will go to far out of fear. And I heard a lot about potential threats and such just to get people to listen, as people in every state and area are still out there doing their thing and not social distancing or staying home.

Now monitoring the sick. How far do you go though with that, in the name of protecting others? Ankle monitors are what felons wear, folks released from prison. And here, some unfortunate sick folks.

Don't worry, not a chinese bot here! Just reporting the news, and wondering what folks here think would be TOO far in the name of safety over Covid-19? Apparently these monitors in this story are for folks that refuse to stay home. If that's the case, I agree. But not to every single sick person.

--

St. Louis Federal Reserve Head Says Americans Should Be Tested for COVID-19 Daily And Forced To Display a Badge on Their Clothing with the Result

In an era when the government is using cell phone data to track our movements, drones to enforce compliance of lockdown orders, thermal imaging to monitor social distancing, pastors are getting arrested for hosting church, and ankle bracelets to ensure people stay quarantined, a Federal Reserve official proposed today yet another surveillance plan; daily coronavirus testing for every citizen, and we publicly display badges showing if we tested negative or positive.

James Bullard, CEO of the St. Louis branch of the Federal Reserve, was recently on CBS’s Face The Nation with Margaret Brennan to talk about the state of the economy and what could be done to stem the outbreak of the virus. Toward the end of the interview, Bullard says,

“You know, I have good news for you, MARGARET, because we have a- there is a solution using available technology today to fix the economic part of this problem. The solution is universal testing. What you want is every single person to get tested every day. And then they would wear a badge like they would at a- after they voted or something like that to show that they’ve been tested. This would immediately sort out who’s been infected and who hasn’t been infected. That would help the health care sector. But it would also help the economy because we could interact with each other with a lot of confidence.”

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/04/ghoulish-st-louis-federal-reserve-head-says-americans-tested-covid-19-daily-forced-display-badge-clothing-result/

Holy Hell! Louisville Police are Putting Ankle Monitors on COVID-19 Patients

What just happened to our country?

We have elitist bureaucrats taking away more of our freedoms by the day over this coronavirus pandemic.

And we can’t even trust their faulty models — that are forever changing.

And we can’t trust the numbers either!

Now officials in Louisville are placing ankle monitors on coronavirus patients.

https://i.imgur.com/JH2xGjZ.png

Via Just The News:

Some residents of Louisville, Kentucky’s largest city, have been fitted with GPS tracking bracelets after refusing to stay at home following exposure to the coronavirus. The city is threatening to charge them criminally if they leave their houses before their mandatory isolation has expired.

Local officials have been working to contain the spread of the disease, which has been confirmed in more than 800 residents in Kentucky.

Three residents of a single household in Louisville were ordered to self-quarantine for at least a week after one of the inhabitants tested positive for the disease. When they refused, the city clamped ankle monitors to them in order to track their whereabouts.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/04/holy-louisville-police-putting-ankle-monitors-covid-19-patients/

High_Plains_Drifter
04-06-2020, 03:58 PM
Many state they feel like this is the same as house arrest not being able to leave homes and other rules. Then the violations and threats come out.

But how often do we come across such rules, that where if one breaks it, not only could it potentially get them sick or killed, but then potentially allows them to pass it along. So a person going out or doing certain things, can be harming others.

But then many stories of freedom of speech being suppressed. Then again, sports stars and a lot of jobs already will have limitations on what people can say, or say goodbye to their jobs or contracts. But these stories are about folks on the front lines trying to get the truth out and getting in trouble, or threatened.

So this is one effed time. I DO think some will abuse this. Some will go to far out of fear. And I heard a lot about potential threats and such just to get people to listen, as people in every state and area are still out there doing their thing and not social distancing or staying home.

Now monitoring the sick. How far do you go though with that, in the name of protecting others? Ankle monitors are what felons wear, folks released from prison. And here, some unfortunate sick folks.

Don't worry, not a chinese bot here! Just reporting the news, and wondering what folks here think would be TOO far in the name of safety over Covid-19? Apparently these monitors in this story are for folks that refuse to stay home. If that's the case, I agree. But not to every single sick person.

--

St. Louis Federal Reserve Head Says Americans Should Be Tested for COVID-19 Daily And Forced To Display a Badge on Their Clothing with the Result

In an era when the government is using cell phone data to track our movements, drones to enforce compliance of lockdown orders, thermal imaging to monitor social distancing, pastors are getting arrested for hosting church, and ankle bracelets to ensure people stay quarantined, a Federal Reserve official proposed today yet another surveillance plan; daily coronavirus testing for every citizen, and we publicly display badges showing if we tested negative or positive.

James Bullard, CEO of the St. Louis branch of the Federal Reserve, was recently on CBS’s Face The Nation with Margaret Brennan to talk about the state of the economy and what could be done to stem the outbreak of the virus. Toward the end of the interview, Bullard says,

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/04/ghoulish-st-louis-federal-reserve-head-says-americans-tested-covid-19-daily-forced-display-badge-clothing-result/

Holy Hell! Louisville Police are Putting Ankle Monitors on COVID-19 Patients

What just happened to our country?

We have elitist bureaucrats taking away more of our freedoms by the day over this coronavirus pandemic.

And we can’t even trust their faulty models — that are forever changing.

And we can’t trust the numbers either!

Now officials in Louisville are placing ankle monitors on coronavirus patients.

https://i.imgur.com/JH2xGjZ.png

Via Just The News:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/04/holy-louisville-police-putting-ankle-monitors-covid-19-patients/
Ya know... this really is a tough one... because of the circumstances. I mean, if you are infected and you go out and infect someone else that's in the high risk category, you may as well have SHOT THEM. You are RESPONSIBLE if that person DIES, and you surely ought to be charged with their MURDER. So what do you do with an infected person(s) that refuse to self isolate themselves? IDK... I'm inclined to say I think it's totally within societal limits to protect itself against these people that are walking weapons, and do what ya gotta do.

jimnyc
04-06-2020, 04:44 PM
There was another girl who taped herself apparently getting tested - and then further taped herself going to Walmart, and proclaiming on Instagram that if she is going to get the virus, now everyone is going to get it.

Luckily the police identified her, or likely someone reported her, and now they are on the hunt but haven't found her yet. Either way, she is in some serious trouble with charges, but pray she doesn't actually have it.

Found it again, it was actually Snapchat.

--

Carrollton police looking for teen who threatened to spread coronavirus at Walmart

Updated Monday at 10:52 a.m.: Revised to include the teen’s family is cooperating with police.

Police in Carrollton are looking for an 18-year-old who claimed to have COVID-19 and was seen on social media threatening to spread the illness.

On Sunday, police said they identified the teenager as Lorraine Maradiaga. She faces a charge of making a terroristic threat, police said.

In a Snapchat video, she claims to have COVID-19 and said she would spread the illness to shoppers at Walmart.

“I’m here at Walmart, about to infest every [expletive] because if I’m going down, all y’all [expletive] going down,” she said in the video, which has circulated on social media.

Officials don’t know if Maradiaga actually has the illness, police said.

“We have no confirmation Maradiaga is actually a threat to public health. We are, however, taking her social media actions very seriously,” police said.

Officers went to Maradiaga’s home Sunday, but she wasn’t there, according to KXAS-TV (NBC 5), which reported the teen’s family is cooperating with police.

https://i.imgur.com/1l5RWse.png

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2020/04/06/carrollton-police-looking-for-teen-who-threatened-to-spread-coronavirus-at-walmart/

High_Plains_Drifter
04-06-2020, 07:41 PM
You can SEE, the STUPID, on her FACE. People like her are why I shun as much society as I can anymore.

And walmart... that DUMP... I am doing everything I possibly can at this point to stay OUT of that store. I really don't want to ever step foot back in a walmart. For years the one here has been replacing name brand items with it's generic CRAP, both Mainstays and Great Value, and I'm sick of. Seems like every time I go in that dump it's replaced something name brand I had been buying there for years with some generic garbage, so I did my shopping online today. I put in an order with Amazon and found 90% of what I would have bought at walmart, all at the same price and free shipping, and even one item on ebay of all places.