PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Supreme Court Rules That Gov. Evers is Not a Dictator

FakeNewsSux
04-06-2020, 05:23 PM
Five days after he admitted he did not have the authority to change the election date from tomorrow to June 9, Gov. Tony Evers decided to move the election scheduled for tomorrow. In an effort to keep the Democrat Governor from disenfranchising every voter in the state, the Republican legislature filed suit and got a favorable ruling in a few short hours:

Top Wisconsin Court Blocks Governor’s Move to Delay Election

Evers, a Democrat, had previously opposed moving Tuesday's election. But he's pushing to delay it until June 9 amid criticism about how in-person voting can proceed safely at a time when public health officials are discouraging groups of people from gathering to avoid spread of the virus

By Scott Bauer and Steve Peoples • Published 4 hours ago • Updated 17 seconds ago

https://media.nbcnewyork.com/2019/09/AP_19241668029793.jpg?resize=850%2C478AP Photo/Scott BauerGov. Tony Evers speaks to reporters on Thursday, Aug. 29, 2019, in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin.
Wisconsin’s presidential primary election will proceed Tuesday under an order from the state Supreme Court that came just hours after Democratic Gov. Tony Evers tried to postpone voting as part of a last-ditch effort amid growing fears over the coronavirus.
The court ruled 4-2 on Monday that Evers lacked the authority to move the election on his own. Conservatives control the court 5-2, but one of the conservative justices is up for reelection Tuesday and didn’t participate in the ruling.
Evers had previously opposed moving the election and said he didn’t have the authority to shift the timing unilaterally. But he changed course Monday, ordering a delay of in-person voting to June 9, as poll sites closed because nervous volunteers were unwilling to staff them and as criticism about holding the election grew.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/wisconsin-governor-orders-delay-of-tuesday-election-to-june/2362220/

pete311
04-06-2020, 05:29 PM
I live in Milwaukee and it's fucking dumb as shit to hold in person elections.

FakeNewsSux
04-06-2020, 05:40 PM
I live in Milwaukee and it's fucking dumb as shit to hold in person elections.

Why do you say that? Are you concerned anyone forced to stand in line next to you would have their IQ suddenly and irreversibly damaged?

pete311
04-06-2020, 05:44 PM
Why do you say that? Are you concerned anyone forced to stand in line next to you would have their IQ suddenly and irreversibly damaged?

You think in person elections are a good idea during a pandemic?

FakeNewsSux
04-06-2020, 05:53 PM

Don't worry Pete, it is a spring primary election and Sleepy Joe is already a shoe-in. I'm sure the polling stations throughout Milwaukee will be far less crowded than the essential liquor shops. You should be all in for the idea that the 95% of the territory of Wisconsin that lies outside of Dane and Milwaukee counties will be at greatest risk of exposure to the black death. You know, the country, Trump loving hicks that deserve to die anyway.

pete311
04-06-2020, 06:14 PM
Don't worry Pete, it is a spring primary election and Sleepy Joe is already a shoe-in. I'm sure the polling stations throughout Milwaukee will be far less crowded than the essential liquor shops. You should be all in for the idea that the 95% of the territory of Wisconsin that lies outside of Dane and Milwaukee counties will be at greatest risk of exposure to the black death. You know, the country, Trump loving hicks that deserve to die anyway.

what?

High_Plains_Drifter
04-06-2020, 06:46 PM
Wear a mask, and gloves, stand 6' from anyone else, go in and vote, wash your hands and clothes when you get home.

That's what I'm going to do, so quit your crying.

Yes we know why our little ferret faced radical shit stain democrap governor wants to delay the election and use all ABSENTEE ballots, because all those sweet little leftists know that's the best way to CHEAT, and they love to CHEAT. They also want to try and get one of their nasty leftist skank judges elected to our S.C., but Wisconsin doesn't want any part of it.

pete311
04-06-2020, 07:01 PM
Wear a mask, and gloves, stand 6' from anyone else, go in and vote, wash your hands and clothes when you get home.

That's what I'm going to do, so quit your crying.

Yes we know why our little ferret faced radical shit stain democrap governor wants to delay the election and use all ABSENTEE ballots, because all those sweet little leftists know that's the best way to CHEAT, and they love to CHEAT. They also want to try and get one of their nasty leftist skank judges elected to our S.C., but Wisconsin doesn't want any part of it.

Yeah and you live in a town of like 6 people.

Drummond
04-06-2020, 07:13 PM

Maybe that's what happens when a Leftie moves in ? Everybody else promptly moves out ..... :rolleyes:

High_Plains_Drifter
04-06-2020, 07:26 PM
You jealous now?

Black Diamond
04-06-2020, 07:34 PM
You jealous now?

If you do decide to go out and vote lemme know if weld is still on the ballot. :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
04-06-2020, 07:50 PM
If you do decide to go out and vote lemme know if weld is still on the ballot. :laugh:
Oh I'm definitely going to go vote. I vote at our town hall which is a tiny little one room building about a mile outside of town that used to be a school many, many moons ago. Already talked with one of the people that helps run the polling and she said one at a time in the building. But I'm not worried. There's only 3 cases in this entire huge county, but I'll still take all precautions. Going to wear my double filter respirator, because if someone coughs or sneezes in there, it'll probably be lingering in the air for quite awhile, and I don't want to breath it. I have disinfectant wipes in the truck. I'll wash my hands and clothes when I get home... but I AM VOTING.

pete311
04-06-2020, 08:32 PM

I mailed mine in

FakeNewsSux
04-07-2020, 12:01 AM
I mailed mine in

Good thing you mailed it in on time because you're 0-2:

Supreme Court conservatives rule for Wisconsin GOP, reject more time to submit mail-in ballots

The Supreme Court's five Republican appointees came to the aid of Wisconsin's Republican leaders Monday and blocked a judge's order that would have given voters an extra week to submit their ballots by mail.
By a 5-4 vote, the justices granted an emergency appeal from Republican lawyers on the eve of Tuesday's election.
In an unsigned opinion, the court's five conservatives said a federal judge had gone too far by extending the time for counting absentee ballots. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, joined by the other Democratic appointees, dissented.
The high court's order came at the end of the day in which Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers, a Democrat, moved to postpone the election because of the danger to poll workers and voters, only to be overruled by the state's conservative Supreme Court.

Wisconsin, a closely divided battleground, is the first state to hold major elections under the threat of the coronavirus. And its legal scramble over voting deadlines may foreshadow what's to come this fall if the virus remains a daily threat.
"It is a very bad sign for November that the court could not come together and find some form of compromise here in the midst of a global pandemic unlike anything we have seen in our lifetimes," said UC Irvine law professor Richard Hasen, an election law expert. "Like the Wisconsin Supreme Court, the U.S. Supreme Court divided along partisan and ideological lines."
The GOP leaders filed their emergency appeal with Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh, and he referred it to the full court.
The court issued a "per curiam" order, which speaks for the court, although in this instance, only five justices.
"Extending the date by which ballots may be cast by voters — not just received by the municipal clerks but cast by voters — for an additional six days after the scheduled election day fundamentally alters the nature of the election," they said. "By changing the election rules so close to the election date and by affording relief that the plaintiffs themselves did not ask for in their preliminary injunction motions, the district court contravened this court’s precedents and erred by ordering such relief. This court has repeatedly emphasized that lower federal courts should ordinarily not alter the election rules on the eve of an election.”

https://news.yahoo.com/supreme-court-rules-wisconsin-republicans-234337194.html

High_Plains_Drifter
04-07-2020, 10:26 AM
Former Clinton Campaign Attorney Marc Elias: U.S. Needs Vote-by-Mail, Ballot Harvesting, ‘Vote-Anywhere’ Rules

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/06/former-clinton-campaign-attorney-marc-elias-u-s-needs-vote-by-mail-ballot-harvesting-vote-anywhere-rules/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR380eImfggRLpyj9TKGo60Mz385WyJzml7vqo95A 7iMS4Ge_fqhIYTVj94 (https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/06/former-clinton-campaign-attorney-marc-elias-u-s-needs-vote-by-mail-ballot-harvesting-vote-anywhere-rules/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR380eImfggRLpyj9TKGo60Mz385WyJzml7vqo95A 7iMS4Ge_fqhIYTVj94)

FakeNewsSux
04-07-2020, 10:30 AM
Former Clinton Campaign Attorney Marc Elias: U.S. Needs Vote-by-Mail, Ballot Harvesting, ‘Vote-Anywhere’ Rules

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/06/former-clinton-campaign-attorney-marc-elias-u-s-needs-vote-by-mail-ballot-harvesting-vote-anywhere-rules/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR380eImfggRLpyj9TKGo60Mz385WyJzml7vqo95A 7iMS4Ge_fqhIYTVj94 (https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/06/former-clinton-campaign-attorney-marc-elias-u-s-needs-vote-by-mail-ballot-harvesting-vote-anywhere-rules/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR380eImfggRLpyj9TKGo60Mz385WyJzml7vqo95A 7iMS4Ge_fqhIYTVj94)

The solution is simple, just keep voting till the Democrat wins.

As a side note, Marc Elias is from the same law firm, Perkins Coie, as the current Attorney General of the State of Wisconsin.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-07-2020, 11:10 AM
The solution is simple, just keep voting till the Democrat wins.

As a side note, Marc Elias is from the came law firm, Perkins Coie, as the current Attorney General of the State of Wisconsin.
I'm heading out to go vote here in about 15 minutes, for KELLY, the CONSERVATIVE for WI SC.

Wearing a bandanna and taking my own pen. Think I'll even take a couple disinfectant wipes in with me to open the door and wipe my hands after touching the voting machine.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-07-2020, 10:25 PM
RIGHT ON QUE, the leftist ass wipes on the local news in Madison just had one long string of LEFTISTS on their so called news spewing their best line of DEMOCRAT BULL SHIT bashing republicans for wanting to go ahead with the election today, and not ONE SINGLE SOLITARY CONSERVATIVE to DEFEND give their side of the story. It was the most BLATANT, LOP SIDED, BIASED CRAP I've seen so far, and as I type this, they're STILL DOING IT AFTER the weather. They have a split screen with TWO DEMOCRATS ON spitting their drivel, and NO REPUBLICAN. My GAWD these leftist and their so called NEWS is PATHETIC.