PDA

View Full Version : Idiots still on the 5G conspiracy

jimnyc
04-07-2020, 08:02 AM
And then you have idiots like Woody Harrelson out there spreading this BS.\

Look at that paper in the pic. And people believe that kinda stuff? LOL 5G is out there replicating the virus? WTF?

---

5G-coronavirus conspiracy theory spurs rash of telecom tower arson fires

Telecom masts that enable the next generation of wireless communication were set on fire in the U.K. in recent days, apparently by people motivated by a theory that the tech helps spread the coronavirus. Investors are taking note.

“Most will laugh at this scientifically unproven claim, but we should not underestimate public worry about potentially adverse health impacts of 5G due to radiation, and thus a possible drag on the 5G progress in democratic countries,” analysts led by Edison Lee at Jefferies Financial Group Inc. said in a note on Sunday.

While there’s absolutely no evidence to support the idea that 5G technology contributes to Covid-19’s spread, the conspiracy is being shared widely on social media. Mast fires were reported in Belfast, Liverpool and Birmingham, according to local media. A video of a telecom tower on fire was circulated on a Birmingham community webpage, and Facebook removed a group which encouraged users to share footage of equipment being destroyed, the Guardian reported Friday.

Rest - https://fortune.com/2020/04/06/5g-coronavirus-conspiracy-theory-telecom-tower-fires/

WOODY HARRELSON SAYS 5G MAY BE TIED TO CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC

Hollywood actor Woody Harrelson is suggesting that 5G technology may have potential negative effects on coronavirus victims.

The “Natural Born Killers” star shared a scientific study on Instagram last week raising questions about the role 5G radiation may have in exacerbating the severity of the Wuhan coronavirus symptoms.

“Alot of my friends have been talking about the negative effects of 5G. My friend camilla sends [sic] this to me today and though I haven’t fully vetted it I find it very interesting,” Harrelson wrote.

https://i.imgur.com/I0hgmy7.png

Rest - https://www.infowars.com/woody-harrelson-says-5g-may-be-tied-to-coronavirus-pandemic/

High_Plains_Drifter
04-07-2020, 08:13 AM
I've have both 2.4G and 5G wifi built in my Mediacom router, and I've had it for quite awhile.

If 5G causes COVID, then why haven't I caught it?

These people are dumber 'n a sack of horse piss.

Drummond
04-07-2020, 08:31 AM
Iran had quite a bad mortality rate from Covid-19, didn't it ? Their infection rates were extremely high.

Just one 'problem' ... Iran does NOT have 5G technology installed yet !!

UK people are as stupid as anyone else, evidently ...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11332762/four-more-5g-masts-attacked-conspiracy-theory-coronavirus/

ARSONISTS have torched more 5G phone masts following bizarre fake news that the technology is linked to coronavirus.

As reported exclusively on The Sun Online earlier this week, conspiracy theorists have been setting blazes and targeting engineers over ridiculous claims 5G radiation caused Covid-19 to spread.

The theory originated last month after a video filmed at a US health conference claimed Africa was not as affected by the disease because it is "not a 5G region".

Vandals then set masts in Birmingham, Liverpool and Merseyside on fire.

Now a spokesperson from Vodafone says there have been four further incidents at their sites, as well as a site shared with 02.

And Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden has announced he plans to hold virtual meetings with several tech firms next week.

'COMPLETE AND UTTER RUBBISH'

A spokesperson from the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport said: "We have received several reports of criminal damage to phone masts and abuse of telecoms engineers apparently inspired by crackpot conspiracy theories circulating online.

"Those responsible for criminal acts will face the full force of the law.

"We must also see social media companies acting responsibly and taking much swifter action to stop nonsense spreading on their platforms, which encourages such acts."

Earlier this week, senior minister Michael Gove slammed the conspiracy theory as "dangerous nonsense".

Mr Gove claimed it was vitally important people were "knocking down this rubbish", and warned spreading it put lives at risk.

He said: "The stories that have gone about that they spread the disease - that’s just nonsense, dangerous nonsense as well."

His fury was echoed by National Medical Director of NHS England Stephen Powis.

He said: "[It's] complete and utter rubbish and the worst kind of fake news.

"The reality is that the mobile phone networks are absolutely critical to all of us particularly at a time we are asking everybody to stay home.

"I am absolutely disgusted that people would be taking action against the very infrastructure we need to respond to this health emergency.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-07-2020, 08:38 AM
Maybe they're torching 5G poles in protest of Huawei, and using it causing CV as an excuse.

I know there's been other conspiracy theories out there about 5G causing all sorts of stuff, but causing CV is a new one on me.