PDA

View Full Version : As to the fluctuating predictions

jimnyc
04-07-2020, 08:36 AM
Again, I am not going to blame folks. I know they are taking numbers out there and doing their best with models and all available to try and figure out how bad this thing is and how bad we can expect.

So some were off base, some far off. But I don't see it as malicious. I'm letting all political sides and higher up in the medical field go for now as I know what they are facing and how things evolve. We are hearing of even potential different types of strains in other places. They say this thing mutated to humans, to cats, to dogs, human to human only and then airborne. All changing and all spreading.

But the prediction on the numbers of deaths. And the non-stop comparisons to the flu. Most already know the flu - from October 1st of last year until March 28th of this year:

Approximately 39,000,000 - 55,000,000 cases! 400,000 to 730,000 hospitalizations. 24,000 to 63,000 deaths. Yes, read up, the disparity is explained. But year after year its similar. In 2018 the flu deaths were over 80,000.

So we know those facts. We've become accustomed to them. Year after year after year. We have many things to offer for the flu for assistance, and still look at those factual numbers.

--

Now with Covid-19. They predicted and told us 2 million and others 1.7 million potential deaths. Then shortly after, not long ago, they lowered that and said 100,000 to 200,000 and of course still horrid. And now the latest is approximately 88,000. Awfully similar to the flu. -- but worth repeating from me - that's in ADDITION to the flu then. And not really much they will do right now for most.

--

No conspiracy and they are all busting their asses out there. But things are changing as time goes on and things are learned. Unlike one person, most understand this, and it's not one person getting projections wrong. Many leaders are passing along things they get from Fauci and many other leading doctors and scientists. I give them all credit throughout this.

--

But, will we look back in a year, see that it was more or less similar numbers to the flu - and we destroyed much of our economy for awhile? Folks will permanently lose their jobs while some will be lucky to go back. Some businesses will have folded. Monies coming and going won't magically be given back.

Not downplaying things for sure, as we simply don't know fully yet. But I do think about things a lot and wonder. I think it may happen due to massive precautions and fear, but not because what some dolts are saying, that a handful out there are planning and running with this and making money off of it. Yeah, I simply don't believe that garbage.

pete311
04-07-2020, 08:41 AM
Social distancing is working. This is different than the flu. It's death rate was higher, it grew at an exponentiation rate and we don't have a vaccine. Don't trying to minimize this. If we had done nothing it would be a catastrophe.

jimnyc
04-07-2020, 09:37 AM
Social distancing is working. This is different than the flu. It's death rate was higher, it grew at an exponentiation rate and we don't have a vaccine. Don't trying to minimize this. If we had done nothing it would be a catastrophe.

Who the fuck minimized it you piece of shit? I am clearly pointing out the prediction models and how they have changed and the facts. No one to blame, shit changes unfortunately with pandemics and mutations. YOU are the only piece of shit using blame and using mockery during these times.

It is UP TO 3x more deadly than the flu. But remember the guy you live and die by, Fauci? The one we should listen to over others? He said 2 million dead and changed it. HE said it was no worse than the flu. HE changed projections from 2 mil to 1.7 down to 88k in 8 days. But you come in here and YOU minimize things by joking and only blaming Trump for everything.

This and the flu together IS a catastrophe, that so many out there are trying their best to help us, and keep us informed as things evolve.

I report the NUMBERS and how much they changed, and how that difference in massive numbers MAY have created some undue fear. But with no cure right now, there SHOULD be some undue fear. But I'm not sure at what level yet, and I'm wondering what the final level will be when we look back on this.\

And then in comes the piece of shit, apparently doesn't read a word I wrote, not even the part where I end by making myself clear that I am not minimizing - and you accuse me of minimizing things.

Fuck off, piece of shit. Just another day and more fun for you I guess.