PDA

View Full Version : NY reached apex and going down now...

jimnyc
04-07-2020, 11:38 AM
Not so fast yet. Apparently the worst was overnight to date. Why I was saying they can't make decisions based on a few days.

--

Cuomo: 731 dead in N.Y. in last 24 hours

At his daily press briefing in Albany, N.Y., New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said the state saw its largest single-day increase in coronavirus deaths on Monday with 731. But Cuomo also said that despite an uptick in the number of people hospitalized Monday (656), the three-day rate of new hospitalizations is continuing to fall.

Cuomo also suggested that rapid testing for COVID-19 is critical to "restarting life" and reopening the economy in the tri-state area.

"I know it's frustrating," he added. "But it's only been 37 days."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-covid-19-news-and-live-updates-120246923.html

Gunny
04-07-2020, 12:02 PM
Not so fast yet. Apparently the worst was overnight to date. Why I was saying they can't make decisions based on a few days.

--

Cuomo: 731 dead in N.Y. in last 24 hours

At his daily press briefing in Albany, N.Y., New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said the state saw its largest single-day increase in coronavirus deaths on Monday with 731. But Cuomo also said that despite an uptick in the number of people hospitalized Monday (656), the three-day rate of new hospitalizations is continuing to fall.

Cuomo also suggested that rapid testing for COVID-19 is critical to "restarting life" and reopening the economy in the tri-state area.

"I know it's frustrating," he added. "But it's only been 37 days."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-covid-19-news-and-live-updates-120246923.htmlIf Cuomo would stop talking he might quit being wrong. Audibly, anyway. This guy seems to be "that" person that is always a day late and a dollar short when it's time to step up to the plate.

Since all this began, he has reminded me of the a chicken running around with it's head chopped off.

jimnyc
04-07-2020, 12:06 PM
‘A lot of pain.’ NY has biggest 1-day jump in virus deaths

NEW YORK (AP) — New York state recorded 731 new coronavirus deaths Tuesday, marking the biggest one-day jump in the outbreak, according to Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

The state’s death toll since the beginning of the outbreak is now 5,489 deaths.

“That’s 731 people who we lost. Behind every one of those numbers is an individual. There’s a family, there’s a mother, there’s a father, there’s a sister, there’s a brother. So a lot of pain again today for many New Yorkers,” Cuomo said at a briefing at the state Capitol.

The alarming death number comes even as new hospital admissions have dropped compared to last week. Cuomo said the latest death tally reflects critically ill people hospitalized before this week, calling it a “lagging indicator.”

State and city officials are cautiously optimistic the surge is beginning to level off.

Looking at New York City, the epicenter of the outbreak, more people have now died from the coronavirus than perished in the Sept. 11 attack on the World Trade Center. At least 3,202 people have been killed in the city by the virus, according to a new count released by city health officials Tuesday.

The deadliest terror attack on U.S. soil killed 2,753 people in the city and 2,977 overall, when hijacked planes slammed into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania, on Sept. 11, 2001.

The coronavirus has again made New York ground zero in a national tragedy and the center of a crisis that is reshaping Americans’ lives, liberties and fears.

Rest - https://apnews.com/72a432c5ef566621f3b288146d2bc00d

Gunny
04-07-2020, 12:11 PM
I don't understand why NY is being so hard hit. Because it is so over-populated? Last I checked, we have about 300+ deaths total in the state. 11 of them in SA.

Sure wish I still lived out in the country about now.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-07-2020, 02:02 PM
I don't understand why NY is being so hard hit. Because it is so over-populated? Last I checked, we have about 300+ deaths total in the state. 11 of them in SA.

Sure wish I still lived out in the country about now.
Because everyone is packed in together so tight, and used to it. Got nowhere to go to really get any distance between you and other people.