PDA

View Full Version : WHO chimes in again on masks

jimnyc
04-08-2020, 08:31 AM
So the same, they DO NOT WORK to stop the coronavirus they are saying. And then in the next breath, they are ONLY useful for healthcare workers.

And if they did not work, all of these healthcare workers would ALL be getting the virus, as you know, they do not work to stop the virus. So why would they work for them, but not the public? Besides the obvious, which is shortages, the next is wearing them properly. As Tucker said, they think we are too stupid to know how to size them and/or ensure they are sealing properly. :rolleyes:

So then why are the doctors and nurses on the front line still wearing them if they don't work? Why aren't they all sick? Why are they going nuts trying to acquire them from around the world?

And yet some still out there telling the masses they don't work for this. IMO, that borders on criminal. It's kinda what they are designed for!!

--

Face masks DO NOT stop healthy people from catching coronavirus and should only be worn by healthcare workers and patients, says WHO

The United Nations’ health body was forced to review new evidence on masks
But WHO maintains public should not wear them outside as there's 'still no proof'
Masks only useful for healthcare workers and patients who test positive, it claims

Face masks do not stop people from catching coronavirus, according to the World Health Organization (WHO) in light of recent studies suggesting the opposite.

The United Nations’ health body was forced to review new evidence from Hong Kong claiming mass-issuing masks may have helped contain the pandemic.

But the WHO maintains the public should not wear them outside because there is still no proof they prevent infection, it says.

In updated guidance published on Monday, the health body said masks were only useful for healthcare workers and patients who test positive.

The advice is in stark contrast to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which urges all Americans to wear them.

The CDC has even went one step further and advised people use makeshift masks out of scarves when travelling on public transport or in supermarkets.

UK Health Secretary Matt Hancock still insists 'well' Britons do not need to wear masks because evidence on them being useless had been 'very clear from the start'.

Scientists are split on the effectiveness of masks, with some claiming they could prevent asymptotic patients from spreading the disease before they know they're ill.

Others say surgical face masks - the most popular kind - are too thin, loose-fitting and porous, which make it easy for the tiny viral particles to pass through.

Rest - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8199959/Face-masks-NOT-stop-healthy-people-catching-coronavirus-says.html

Gunny
04-08-2020, 12:32 PM
Wow. That's some mask. Works only on healthcare workers? I beg to differ. They work good in the military and on construction sites as well.

Should see it here in San Antonio. We look like a bunch of hold-up men going to the store. Us low-rent nobodies have plenty of bandanas, so bandanas it is. If it gets worse, I shamelessly and selfishly bought a butt load of coffee filters to put inside the bandana.

I consider that self defense though, not hoarding. My daughter is using MY coffee filters for her bandana masks. Those filter have a primary purpose around here:cof:

High_Plains_Drifter
04-08-2020, 12:39 PM
President Trump said that we shouldn't be funding the WHO because of the pathetic job they've been doing and also being the mouth piece of China. Then yesterday Lindsay Graham said he was going to save the president the trouble because he was introducing a bill to completely cut off US money to the WHO.

Well I tell ya what Lindsay, you've done a lot of big talking lately about what you were going to do about the coup to remove the president, and I haven't seen jack squat become of it, so I'll believe you've got this bill to cut off US cash to the WHO when I see it.

Gunny
04-08-2020, 06:35 PM
President Trump said that we shouldn't be funding the WHO because of the pathetic job they've been doing and also being the mouth piece of China. Then yesterday Lindsay Graham said he was going to save the president the trouble because he was introducing a bill to completely cut off US money to the WHO.

Well I tell ya what Lindsay, you've done a lot of big talking lately about what you were going to do about the coup to remove the president, and I haven't seen jack squat become of it, so I'll believe you've got this bill to cut off US cash to the WHO when I see it.I am all for defunding WHO, and quite a few other international agencies.

Throwing money down the drain while they sit around snickering behind our backs. Screw them.