PDA

View Full Version : NCMI Director Counters ABC Story Claiming November Intelligence Document

jimnyc
04-09-2020, 09:28 AM
I know Kath saw this too, and I saw it then all over the place. And turns out that once again the MSM may have gotten it wrong.

--

NCMI Director Counters ABC Story Claiming November Intelligence Document Laid Out Coronavirus Concerns

Dr. R. Shane Day, Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency’s National Center for Medical Intelligence (NCMI), issued a statement on Wednesday countering ABC News’ claim that his agency laid out coronavirus concerns in a November intelligence report.

The report, released by ABC News Wednesday morning, claimed: “U.S. intelligence officials were warning that a contagion was sweeping through China’s Wuhan region, changing the patterns of life and business and posing a threat to the population, according to four sources briefed on the secret reporting.”

“Two officials familiar with the document’s contents” reportedly told ABC that those concerns “were detailed in a November intelligence report by the military’s National Center for Medical Intelligence (NCMI).”

“As a matter of practice the National Center for Medical Intelligence does not comment publicly on specific intelligence matters,” the statement read. “However, in the interest of transparency during this current public health crisis, we can confirm that media reporting about the existence/release of a National Center for Medical Intelligence Coronavirus-related product/assessment in November of 2019 is not correct. No such NCMI product exists.”

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/08/national-center-for-medical-intelligence-director-counters-abc-coronavirus/

Kathianne
04-09-2020, 09:34 AM
I know Kath saw this too, and I saw it then all over the place. And turns out that once again the MSM may have gotten it wrong.

--

NCMI Director Counters ABC Story Claiming November Intelligence Document Laid Out Coronavirus Concerns

Dr. R. Shane Day, Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency’s National Center for Medical Intelligence (NCMI), issued a statement on Wednesday countering ABC News’ claim that his agency laid out coronavirus concerns in a November intelligence report.

The report, released by ABC News Wednesday morning, claimed: “U.S. intelligence officials were warning that a contagion was sweeping through China’s Wuhan region, changing the patterns of life and business and posing a threat to the population, according to four sources briefed on the secret reporting.”

“Two officials familiar with the document’s contents” reportedly told ABC that those concerns “were detailed in a November intelligence report by the military’s National Center for Medical Intelligence (NCMI).”

“As a matter of practice the National Center for Medical Intelligence does not comment publicly on specific intelligence matters,” the statement read. “However, in the interest of transparency during this current public health crisis, we can confirm that media reporting about the existence/release of a National Center for Medical Intelligence Coronavirus-related product/assessment in November of 2019 is not correct. No such NCMI product exists.”

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/08/national-center-for-medical-intelligence-director-counters-abc-coronavirus/

I saw the report, not going to be surprised that it is real.

I know that I heard of the 'pneumonia illness' from Hong Kongers in November, just when is whether it was mid or late November. It was obvious something was going on from video with the number of masks being used. The Asians have been sold on masks for contagious illnesses since SARS. Some wear them routine, many of the protesters wore for disguise, but there was a sudden uptick in near everyone wearing them. If I noticed, even without video of people saying, 'Something about pneumonia illness on Mainland,' the intelligence community should have notice.

jimnyc
04-09-2020, 10:47 AM

Can you see if you can find that? I'm curious of what is a lie and what is not, and also what these earlier reports were showing, which sounds bad of course. And much much worse if this stuff was passed around, and then they still denied it!

Kathianne
04-09-2020, 10:53 AM
Can you see if you can find that? I'm curious of what is a lie and what is not, and also what these earlier reports were showing, which sounds bad of course. And much much worse if this stuff was passed around, and then they still denied it!

I'm talking about the ABC report ON the report. I've no doubt that ABC may have gotten their info wrong, what I am saying is that this started in China way before the end of Dec., at least according to what I was watching at the time. I wasn't really focused on the 'illness,' rather the violence in Nov., against the protesters. I was talking about that here, but no one was really into that. ;)

Some intelligence must have noticed the increase in mask wearers and if the media that was there for Hong Kong protests were asking, I'd assume our intelligence folks would have also?

jimnyc
04-09-2020, 10:57 AM
I'm talking about the ABC report ON the report. I've no doubt that ABC may have gotten their info wrong, what I am saying is that this started in China way before the end of Dec., at least according to what I was watching at the time. I wasn't really focused on the 'illness,' rather the violence in Nov., against the protesters. I was talking about that here, but no one was really into that. ;)

Some intelligence must have noticed the increase in mask wearers and if the media that was there for Hong Kong protests were asking, I'd assume our intelligence folks would have also?

The MSM and ABC lying is nothing new. I thought you meant that our intel agencies weren't keeping us updated and/or outright lied about that document, and I would have been ticked. Not time to hold back, even if horrible, but also wouldn't surprise me.

Kathianne
04-09-2020, 11:09 AM
The MSM and ABC lying is nothing new. I thought you meant that our intel agencies weren't keeping us updated and/or outright lied about that document, and I would have been ticked. Not time to hold back, even if horrible, but also wouldn't surprise me.

I think there might be something to it, for the simple reason one has to assume that the people in our intelligence service are smarter and hear better and are on the ground, as opposed to myself. This may well be a case of a different intelligence report from a different intelligence agency-plausible deniability as it were. THE DOD didn't have such a report.

That ABC is doing this to 'get' the president, rather than inform the people on China's duplicity is now the expected. It's why they are in such low esteem.

Kathianne
04-10-2020, 08:42 AM
jimnyc a bit more:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/u-s-spy-agencies-collected-raw-intel-hinting-public-health-n1180646

Note this report points out that DOD replied that the 'report' cited by ABC earlier did not exist. No mention on 'any' reports.

As I said, we should assume that while fallible, those in intelligence aren't unobservant or stupid.

Kathianne
04-21-2020, 08:10 AM

I know that I heard of the 'pneumonia illness' from Hong Kongers in November, just when is whether it was mid or late November. It was obvious something was going on from video with the number of masks being used. The Asians have been sold on masks for contagious illnesses since SARS. Some wear them routine, many of the protesters wore for disguise, but there was a sudden uptick in near everyone wearing them. If I noticed, even without video of people saying, 'Something about pneumonia illness on Mainland,' the intelligence community should have notice.

Not surprised: November. Wonder why this isn't getting more attention considering how much MORE time China had to treat a possible action as bio-terror? Must be related to Biden's 'me too' moment, as neither are getting much attention.

https://www.ccn.com/coronavirus-patient-zero-may-have-started-pandemic-in-november-or-earlier/

HEADLINES Published: March 16, 2020 6:00 PM UTC
Coronavirus ‘Patient Zero’ May Have Started Pandemic In November or Earlier
Chinese government data suggest the coronavirus began spreading as early as November, but it still can't confirm 'Patient Zero.'

Simon Chandler @_simonchandler_