PDA

View Full Version : Is It Just Me? Or is Everyone Else's Razors Half-stepping?

Gunny
04-09-2020, 01:29 PM
Don't even need to ask Jimbob jimnyc. He probably thinks shaving CAUSES coronavirus :laugh:

I'm having a REAL hard time working myself up to shaving every day though. I think I'm averaging every day and a half - 2 days right now. The cats, dogs and grandkids don't seem to mind.

Factoid: Hair is a germ magnet. That's why the military keeps everyone's hair short. In case anybody gives a crap :)

Abbey Marie
04-09-2020, 01:43 PM
You DO NOT want to see my legs right now.

:coffee:

NightTrain
04-09-2020, 02:19 PM

High_Plains_Drifter
04-09-2020, 02:21 PM
I literally haven't shaved in decades. I just use my beard trimmer and trim it down as close as that will go.

A shaving razor hasn't touched my face since basic training.

CSM
04-09-2020, 02:21 PM
I shave every day. Drives me nuts when I don't. I have had a military haircut for so long.... and now my hair is touching my ears and I'm going batshit crazy. May have to have my head soon!

Black Diamond
04-09-2020, 02:22 PM

Linda McCartney?

Black Diamond
04-09-2020, 02:23 PM
I shave every day. Drives me nuts when I don't. I have had a military haircut for so long.... and now my hair is touching my ears and I'm going batshit crazy. May have to have my head soon!

Kojak

NightTrain
04-09-2020, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I haven't shaved in 3 weeks now. Looking pretty backwoods.

Shar likes my scruff, and I don't have to look at it. So, what the hell? Might as well let 'er rip and see how it turns out.

Last time I did this, I let it go for 2 weeks, then I screwed up whilst beating it back into submission, so I opted to shave it all off.

First, though, I shaved it all off except for a Hitler mustache and then wandered upstairs to where the kids were gathered. The gasps of astonishment were worth the effort.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-09-2020, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I haven't shaved in 3 weeks now. Looking pretty backwoods.

Shar likes my scruff, and I don't have to look at it. So, what the hell? Might as well let 'er rip and see how it turns out.

Last time I did this, I let it go for 2 weeks, then I screwed up whilst beating it back into submission, so I opted to shave it all off.

First, though, I shaved it all off except for a Hitler mustache and then wandered upstairs to where the kids were gathered. The gasps of astonishment were worth the effort.
The only time I ever shaved my mustache off in my entire life was basic training.

I usually always have some sort of chin hair too.

I think it might be a back woods thing. Face hair keeps your face warm in the Winter too, and I usually always grow a beard, then trim it down to just some chin stuff in the Spring.

jimnyc
04-09-2020, 02:36 PM
Not me, started shaving daily again! The masks need an appropriate seal and beards are a no-no, even if smaller amounts. Some jobs that require wearing them won't hire anyone with facial hair.

I ain't letting a couple of hairs gimme this crap. :)

Black Diamond
04-09-2020, 02:49 PM
I didn't shave for a week, then I shaved and Amanda was disappointed. So I am gonna let it grow until the quarantine is over in 3 weeks and see what happens. I've never had a beard before.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-09-2020, 02:55 PM
Everybody should grow a beard at lease ONCE in their life... ;)

Black Diamond
04-09-2020, 02:57 PM

https://i.ibb.co/Zf148mP/20190920-222350.jpg (https://ibb.co/K5z4qwk)

Not sure I can get there in 3 weeks lol

High_Plains_Drifter
04-09-2020, 03:05 PM
Not sure I can get there in 3 weeks lol
That was about 3 months.

Black Diamond
04-09-2020, 03:19 PM
That was about 3 months.

Holy. LOL

Gunny
04-09-2020, 04:08 PM
I shave every day. Drives me nuts when I don't. I have had a military haircut for so long.... and now my hair is touching my ears and I'm going batshit crazy. May have to have my head soon!O-o-o-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h ...... I didn't think of THAT :dev3:

I shave my head so haircuts didn't cross the brain housing group. THAT would bother the crap out of me too, Sergeant Major :laugh: Hair touching my ears. EGADS! That's how I ended up shaving my head to begin with :)

Gunny
04-09-2020, 04:10 PM
Linda McCartney?

Kojak
Is it Celebrity Thursday where you are? I should say "DEAD Celebrity Thursday" :laugh:

Gunny
04-09-2020, 04:14 PM
Not me, started shaving daily again! The masks need an appropriate seal and beards are a no-no, even if smaller amounts. Some jobs that require wearing them won't hire anyone with facial hair.

I ain't letting a couple of hairs gimme this crap. :)So you DO have a price ....:poke:

LongTermGuy
04-09-2020, 04:55 PM

Im the same way....But shave `Bald` already...a good electric shaver does face..neck and the Bald head...and a hand held blade for touch up...cant stand hair...

Drummond
04-09-2020, 05:23 PM

I travelled to France once ... refused to shave for the week I was there. Upon my return, I was stopped by our Customs people, who'd spotted me as someone looking 'dodgy'. What I told them of my employment just wasn't believed. They searched my luggage thoroughly.

Lesson learned: sporting several days' 'beard' growth brings makes me look like a thug. I've not repeated the experience.

For what it's worth to anyone, I've perfected my 'perfect shave' technique, giving me zero skin irritation. Two shaves: the first with a foil shaver. The second is with a single blade wet razor to finish the job. Works a treat !

LongTermGuy
04-09-2020, 05:32 PM
I travelled to France once ... refused to shave for the week I was there. Upon my return, I was stopped by our Customs people, who'd spotted me as someone looking 'dodgy'. What I told them of my employment just wasn't believed. They searched my luggage thoroughly.

Lesson learned: sporting several days' 'beard' growth brings makes me look like a thug. I've not repeated the experience.

For what it's worth to anyone, I've perfected my 'perfect shave' technique, giving me zero skin irritation. Two shaves: the first with a foil shaver. The second is with a single blade wet razor to finish the job. Works a treat !

Yeah...did the beard / mustache thing for a long time....Now cant stand hair around my neck...Like you I "looked" like a Thug also with the beard...Now....I look like a Polished Thug...

icansayit
04-09-2020, 05:37 PM
http://icansayit.com/images/me2018.jpg

Not So...HO HO HO....is it?

Yes....those are pics of Philly on the wall behind me.

Drummond
04-09-2020, 05:38 PM
Yeah...did the beard / mustache thing for a long time....Now cant stand hair around my neck...Like you I "looked" like a Thug also with the beard...Now....I look like a Polished Thug...

Nothing particularly 'polished' about me ... I just look less like a thug. It's just a question of degree.

I have one solution. It involves decapitation ....

LongTermGuy
04-09-2020, 05:46 PM
Nothing particularly 'polished' about me ... I just look less like a thug. It's just a question of degree.

I have one solution. It involves decapitation ....

Was being facetious about me being Polished...Yeah I still look like a Bald thug ...But I will keep my head...No big thing about what others "think"

Abbey Marie
04-09-2020, 06:01 PM

:laugh:

Abbey Marie
04-09-2020, 06:05 PM

I don’t think Russ would like it

Black Diamond
04-09-2020, 06:37 PM
I don’t think Russ would like it

I bet you can sing better than she did.

SassyLady
04-10-2020, 09:59 AM

I'll pass.
:slap: