PDA

View Full Version : What The Hell Happened To Spring?

High_Plains_Drifter
04-10-2020, 07:11 AM
It SNOWED here yesterday, and more is expected, and it's going to be COLD here, like 15 to 20 degrees BELOW normal, for quite awhile, in the 40's and even 30's, and FREEZING at night.

I've got Tulips popping up already, and now they're shot, AGAIN. I didn't get any last year either because the cold weather HANGS ON for so long into Spring. They pop up and then we get a couple HARD FREEZES and poof, no flowers. It kills the walnuts on the walnut trees too. This makes the 3rd Spring in a row that the cold just does NOT want to give way to the warmer temps.

So is it because of GLOBAL WARMING why it's colder than hell here for way too late in the season? I mean, where's the GLOBAL WARMING? WHY isn't it WARMER than it should be instead of so COLD?

Climate change my ASS.

FakeNewsSux
04-10-2020, 12:33 PM
It SNOWED here yesterday, and more is expected, and it's going to be COLD here, like 15 to 20 degrees BELOW normal, for quite awhile, in the 40's and even 30's, and FREEZING at night.

I've got Tulips popping up already, and now they're shot, AGAIN. I didn't get any last year either because the cold weather HANGS ON for so long into Spring. They pop up and then we get a couple HARD FREEZES and poof, no flowers. It kills the walnuts on the walnut trees too. This makes the 3rd Spring in a row that the cold just does NOT want to give way to the warmer temps.

So is it because of GLOBAL WARMING why it's colder than hell here for way too late in the season? I mean, where's the GLOBAL WARMING? WHY isn't it WARMER than it should be instead of so COLD?

Climate change my ASS.

But the groundhog said Spring was coming early this year? It has been in the upper 70's down here for the last two weeks. Everything is covered in a yellowish green dusting of tree and grass excretions. The dogwoods and azaleas are already past their peak and all the trees a full of leaves. Should be summertime shortly.

Gunny
04-24-2020, 10:09 PM
I'd like to know what happened to Spring. It was 99 here today.

Kathianne
04-24-2020, 10:16 PM
It was 101 here, shush! LOL! Damn heat, I do not like. I just hate cold more.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-24-2020, 10:16 PM
Sheeeeezuz... nothing like that happening up nort' here. But then, that's why there's no mad rush of people moving here... :thumb:

Ya have to either like winter or be stuck here like me because this is where all your family and friends are at.