PDA

View Full Version : 783 more New Yorkers dead as death rate stabilizes at 'horrific rate'

jimnyc
04-11-2020, 03:54 PM
Still steady at that rate. :( I'm hoping that NY will set the tone for everywhere else, and as things eventually dwindle here, it too will happen elsewhere. I'm hoping.

--

783 more New Yorkers dead as death rate stabilizes at 'horrific rate'

NEW YORK (WABC) -- Governor Andrew Cuomo announced 783 new deaths in New York state from COVID-19, raising the death toll to 8,627.

"The terrible news is the number of lives lost -- 783 yesterday. That is not an all-time high and you can see that the numbers are somewhat stabilizing, but it is stabilizing at an horrific rate," the Governor said. "These are just incredible numbers depicting incredible loss and pain."

https://abc7ny.com/health/783-more-new-yorkers-dead-as-death-rate-stabilizes-at-horrific-rate-/5989875/

Russ
04-11-2020, 05:38 PM
“Stabilizing at a horrific rate” is accurate but sounds overly dramatic to me. “Peaking” might be a better way to say it.

Black Diamond
04-11-2020, 05:52 PM
“Stabilizing at a horrific rate” is accurate but sounds overly dramatic to me. “Peaking” might be a better way to say it.

How many people will watch if they call it "peaking "?