PDA

View Full Version : Well said points about our President

Abbey Marie
04-15-2020, 12:50 PM
I don’t know who wrote this, but I like it.

Russ
04-15-2020, 06:22 PM
I would change the last line to say "a guy that can fake being nice" instead of "a nice guy". I think that behind the scenes, Obama and Biden are very comfortable doing lousy/illegal things, especially when they know the media won't be challenging them.

KitchenKitten99
04-17-2020, 11:46 AM
I posted about his style and why he is the way he is in another post.

I will fully admit I did not vote for him in 2016. I went independent because I just did not like the choice between who I thought was either Voldemort of Dolores Umbridge.

I admit my mind has been changed. Not by his words or rants and love to blast people on Twitter. It was the results and how he has endured the onslaught of bullshit that has been sent his way since 11/8/2016.

So recently, I decided to download his book "The Art of the Deal". I wanted to really understand how he thinks and why he does what he does because some of the things he was doing and going along with, I just could not understand (i.e. keeping Fauci and Birx around). I am about halfway through the book.

He talks about the media, press, and doing interviews and speeches several times (in the first half at least). He despises all of it and declined 99% of the requests. The ones he would do were usually less than 30 minutes. He wrote this in 1987! He has a loathing for journalists that you can tell never has left him. So someone who hates doing speeches, interviews isn't stupid to the fact that being president means doing ALL of those things on multiple levels and for at least 4 years. 8 if the country likes you enough for a second term.

I may only be through half of the book but just by listening to how he thinks, how he works and uses leverage, listens to his gut on things even though it all sounds good and looks good on paper--makes me trust him even more. His loathing for journalists and media. He ran for president strictly for the love of his country and he saw no one else good enough taking up the reins in a way to run things efficiently. He gets it done. He has always and will always be about the results.

And they all hate him for it because he highlights all of their flaws and laziness without even needing to pick up a highlighter or flashlight.

jimnyc
04-17-2020, 12:43 PM
I posted about his style and why he is the way he is in another post.

I will fully admit I did not vote for him in 2016. I went independent because I just did not like the choice between who I thought was either Voldemort of Dolores Umbridge.

I admit my mind has been changed. Not by his words or rants and love to blast people on Twitter. It was the results and how he has endured the onslaught of bullshit that has been sent his way since 11/8/2016.

So recently, I decided to download his book "The Art of the Deal". I wanted to really understand how he thinks and why he does what he does because some of the things he was doing and going along with, I just could not understand (i.e. keeping Fauci and Birx around). I am about halfway through the book.

He talks about the media, press, and doing interviews and speeches several times (in the first half at least). He despises all of it and declined 99% of the requests. The ones he would do were usually less than 30 minutes. He wrote this in 1987! He has a loathing for journalists that you can tell never has left him. So someone who hates doing speeches, interviews isn't stupid to the fact that being president means doing ALL of those things on multiple levels and for at least 4 years. 8 if the country likes you enough for a second term.

I may only be through half of the book but just by listening to how he thinks, how he works and uses leverage, listens to his gut on things even though it all sounds good and looks good on paper--makes me trust him even more. His loathing for journalists and media. He ran for president strictly for the love of his country and he saw no one else good enough taking up the reins in a way to run things efficiently. He gets it done. He has always and will always be about the results.

And they all hate him for it because he highlights all of their flaws and laziness without even needing to pick up a highlighter or flashlight.

Actions speak louder than words.

He is his own worst enemy sometimes when he overdoes it on twitter. Or off the cuff at press conferences sometimes. He needs a filter, if possible. But when it comes down to getting things done, sitting in a board room and working with others even, he is more successful. Very successful. If he could avoid the verbal gaffes and verbal fighting sometimes, he would be so much better. But as is, he still gets shit done and more and more are seeing that. If the democrats sit down to work with him, he has shown he is more than willing, but they don't want to on 99% of the issues.

KitchenKitten99
04-17-2020, 02:14 PM

He is his own worst enemy sometimes when he overdoes it on twitter. Or off the cuff at press conferences sometimes. He needs a filter, if possible. But when it comes down to getting things done, sitting in a board room and working with others even, he is more successful. Very successful. If he could avoid the verbal gaffes and verbal fighting sometimes, he would be so much better. But as is, he still gets shit done and more and more are seeing that. If the democrats sit down to work with him, he has shown he is more than willing, but they don't want to on 99% of the issues.

There was one part of him talking about the making speeches and appearances is he prefers to talk to people as people. He prefers to use a script and does have a hard time speaking without it - big case in point, his last SOTU address. He admits it in the book. Partly because he just has a harder time focusing on the key points when someone distracts him. So my take-away is that since he ends up rambling because he is trying to get back to where his focus is. Obviously at this age that is a tad harder for him but he still is sharp. Plus he still calls out the media on their BS and other politicians on theirs.

I kinda like the Twitter rants in a way because he says what many are thinking and that most would would love to say but hold back because they don't want to get into a political argument on social media.

LongTermGuy
04-17-2020, 02:36 PM

"He is his own worst enemy sometimes when he overdoes it on twitter."

Nah NEVER......IMO and many others People cant get enough (repeat...cant get enough ) of President Trump on twitter...I know Im on it 24-7....Part of the Trump army....We all love getting his news ahead of time and we thank him for it....Over and over and over and over AGAIN.

This is the best way to talk to "us" and we love it....(repeat we LOVE it) !

(https://twitter.com/Jackhunt)
·