stephanie
09-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Well alrighty...

Maybe if the NYT/CBS keep trying, they can get up to 100%..:dance:

MtnBiker
09-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Poll: Most Americans Feel War In Iraq Is Winnable
Aug 9 2007 12:00AM

WASHINGTON (CNN) ? America can win the war in Iraq, but most Americans think that, in the end, the country won?t succeed, according to a new CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll released Thursday

?Most Americans think that the war is winnable ? and that?s a notable change since March ? but a majority still doesn?t think that the U.S. will win,? CNN Polling Director Keating Holland said. ?Back in 2004, just 37 percent thought the U.S. would not win in Iraq, but by 2006, that number had grown to 56 percent, essentially where it is today.?

According to the poll, 54 percent of Americans do think that the country has the ability to win the war in Iraq, but fewer people think America is currently winning or will win the war. Only 32 percent think the United States is winning and 42 percent think the country will win in the end

But the Bush administration still may have convinced more people that the war in Iraq is worthwhile. Now, 33 percent of Americans favor the war, as opposed to the all-time low of 30 percent in June.

tmdatinyurl (http://www.kxmc.com/getArticle.asp?ArticleId=151400)

About as meaningless as the above poll.

truthmatters
09-11-2007, 03:13 PM

darin
09-11-2007, 03:15 PM
So - are you saying YOUR Pole numbers should matter? Or are you now saying Poll numbers are invalid in terms of figuring stuff out?

MtnBiker
09-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Scene: Newsroom - meeting of several reporters discussing possible topics

Joe: So what are we going to write about?

Steve: :dunno:

Bob: Well we could write about low unemployment.

Joe: Nah that's no good.

John: I know let's commision a poll, we could have 1000 people questioned about something and then call that major news.

Joe: That's great, yeah!

hjmick
09-11-2007, 03:31 PM
I for one have never believed in polls. This belief was reinforced after an episode of Penn & Teller: Bullshit.

I believe the episode is available on YouTube, if anyone is interested.

09-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Funny all the cons I knew back in 2001 believed in polls, what happened ?

What the heck are you talking about? Ive never seen a conservative who believed in polls. The only polls Conservatives believe in are the ones that occur every november when people really vote.

theHawk
09-11-2007, 04:28 PM
http://tinyurl.com/335u9c

59% say it is not worth American lives.
53% believe Iraq willl never be stable.
64% do not approve of Bush

I guess the new report is not working yet?

Well you know what, I agree with those polls. I think we should have nuked Iraq into oblivion and not do any of this street patrolling shit. Good old fashion carpet bombing is the way to go.

truthmatters
09-11-2007, 04:50 PM

Dilloduck
09-11-2007, 04:52 PM
How would you get to their oil after you nuked the country?

It would be under a big sheet of green glass and contanimated for lifetimes to come. The contamination wont just stay over Iraq either the cloud would disperse over a wide area.
You forget just how many innocent children you are talking about killing.

WHOOOSSHHHHHHH---right over your head ! :laugh2:

truthmatters
09-11-2007, 05:00 PM

09-11-2007, 05:01 PM

It would be under a big sheet of green glass and contanimated for lifetimes to come. The contamination wont just stay over Iraq either the cloud would disperse over a wide area.

you still think Iraq was about nothing more than oil dont you?

09-11-2007, 05:02 PM
When Bush was high in the polls the conservatives I was talking to at that time posted them all the time and sais polls dont lie and the like.

i never saw one do that because quite frankly it doesnt matter. The only polls that are relevant are the ones in November (and the primaries)

truthmatters
09-11-2007, 05:08 PM

MtnBiker
09-11-2007, 05:10 PM
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Most Americans oppose gay marriage and many believe homosexuality is "against God's will," but otherwise consider themselves tolerant of gays, according to a Los Angeles Times poll.
By a margin of 55 to 41%, those polled agreed with the statement that "if gays are allowed to marry, the institution of marriage will be degraded."

About half favored a U.S. constitutional amendment defining marriage as the union between a man and a woman, while 42% opposed it, according to the poll published Saturday on the newspaper's Web site.

The telephone poll of 1,616 adults around the country was conducted from March 27-30. The margin of error was plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Other recent surveys have found at least half of Americans oppose gay marriage, but fewer support amending the Constitution to ban it.

A CBS-New York Times poll last month found only 38% saying gay marriage is an "important enough issue to be worth changing the Constitution for," and an ABC-Washington Post poll found 54% saying the matter should be left to the states.

Only about a quarter of those polled for the Los Angeles Times felt homosexuals should be allowed to legally marry and 38% believed they should be allowed to form civil unions. About a third said that neither type of union should be permitted.

While about six in 10 people felt homosexual relationships are "against God's will," a similar percentage felt that legal recognition of same-sex marriages was inevitable.

Sixty percent of those polled described themselves as sympathetic to the gay community. About the same percentage said they would be willing to vote for an openly gay political candidate.

tm=datinyurl.com (http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2004-04-10-gay-marriage-poll_x.htm)

theHawk
09-12-2007, 11:48 AM

Nukes probably don't actually have to be used, if they were it would be just Baghdad only. The rest carpet bombed. If we want the oil, just invade and occupy the oil fields and shoot anything within sight of them or the pipelines. Its really not that difficult, its just not politically correct. :coffee:

And the point is, just because people answered the way they did on that poll, doesn't mean they subscribe to your idiotic idealism which you are trying to promote using the poll.

theHawk
09-12-2007, 11:51 AM
When Bush was high in the polls the conservatives I was talking to at that time posted them all the time and sais polls dont lie and the like.

If you're so concerned about the will of the people, why not let them vote on abortion and gay marriage?

truthmatters
09-12-2007, 12:02 PM

darin
09-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Because the right to deside what happens to one persons body is not a right given by vote and the right to access the same laws in our country also is not up to a vote.

Most people in the US support the right to choice BTW.

I bet most would support the right of gays to access the same laws as other Americans to if it was presented that way.

Absolutely you are wrong. We 'vote and decide' all the TIME about what we can an cannot do with our bodies. We restrict minors from drinking and smoking. We outlaw skateboarding because it's 'dangerous'. We forbid kids to play dodge-ball cuz it hurts their precious self-esteem, and we allow mothers to kill their unborn babies AT WILL, to a point.

Yeah - we put a LOT of controls on people.

FWIW, Gays already have the same laws and rights as normal, mentally-healthy folk. :)

Name ONE law a normal, mentally-healthy straight folk has, a gay person does NOT have.

MtnBiker
09-12-2007, 12:20 PM
First Amendment Center Senior Scholar Charles Haynes: “While the survey shows Americans highly value religious freedom, a significant number support privileging the religion of the majority, especially in public schools. Four decades after the Supreme Court declared state-sponsored religious practices unconstitutional in public schools, 58% of respondents support teacher-led prayers and 43% favor school holiday programs that are entirely Christian. Moreover, 50% would allow schools to teach the Bible as a factual text in a history class.

tm=fitinyurl (http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/news.aspx?id=19031&loc=interstitialskip)

truthmatters
09-12-2007, 12:25 PM

jimnyc
09-12-2007, 02:08 PM
the rights to use the marrige laws to join their live together

Queers have the right to marry someone of the opposite sex.
Queers do not have the right to marry someone of the same sex.

Normal people have the right to marry people of the opposite sex.
Normal people do not have the right to marry people of the same sex.

Sounds like identical rights to me!

theHawk
09-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Queers have the right to marry someone of the opposite sex.
Queers do not have the right to marry someone of the same sex.

Thats actually false. Queers already have the right to get married to other queers. Its a religious ceremony that can be performed by just about anyone. And no one is talking about taking away that right. What the queers are trying to do is to get the rest of society(through government) to recognize and condone their marriage.

I could care less if two fags want to slip rings on their fingers and pretend its a marriage. Just don't expect me to call it a "marriage."

Abbey Marie
09-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Absolutely you are wrong. We 'vote and decide' all the TIME about what we can an cannot do with our bodies. We restrict minors from drinking and smoking. We outlaw skateboarding because it's 'dangerous'. We forbid kids to play dodge-ball cuz it hurts their precious self-esteem, and we allow mothers to kill their unborn babies AT WILL, to a point.

Yeah - we put a LOT of controls on people.

FWIW, Gays already have the same laws and rights as normal, mentally-healthy folk. :)

Name ONE law a normal, mentally-healthy straight folk has, a gay person does NOT have.

There are also laws prohibiting assisted suicide- the ultimate body decision.

09-12-2007, 03:09 PM
the rights to use the marrige laws to join their live together

gays have the same right to marry anyone else does. Unfortunately people seem to not understand what marriage is and choose not to take advantage of it.

Gunny
09-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Funny all the cons I knew back in 2001 believed in polls, what happened ?

Name them, and a contact number for verification please. Otherwise, you're just talking out your ass, as usual.

Gunny
09-12-2007, 05:24 PM
What the heck are you talking about? Ive never seen a conservative who believed in polls. The only polls Conservatives believe in are the ones that occur every november when people really vote.

Can't say as I have either. I never have paid them much mind.

Gunny
09-12-2007, 05:27 PM

OH NO! Not the "we're there to steal the oil" bullshit.:laugh2:

When we steal it, I get my very own refinery and pump in the back yard for being a loyal conservative.:cuckoo:

Gunny
09-12-2007, 05:29 PM
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Most Americans oppose gay marriage and many believe homosexuality is "against God's will," but otherwise consider themselves tolerant of gays, according to a Los Angeles Times poll.
By a margin of 55 to 41%, those polled agreed with the statement that "if gays are allowed to marry, the institution of marriage will be degraded."

About half favored a U.S. constitutional amendment defining marriage as the union between a man and a woman, while 42% opposed it, according to the poll published Saturday on the newspaper's Web site.

The telephone poll of 1,616 adults around the country was conducted from March 27-30. The margin of error was plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Other recent surveys have found at least half of Americans oppose gay marriage, but fewer support amending the Constitution to ban it.

A CBS-New York Times poll last month found only 38% saying gay marriage is an "important enough issue to be worth changing the Constitution for," and an ABC-Washington Post poll found 54% saying the matter should be left to the states.

Only about a quarter of those polled for the Los Angeles Times felt homosexuals should be allowed to legally marry and 38% believed they should be allowed to form civil unions. About a third said that neither type of union should be permitted.

While about six in 10 people felt homosexual relationships are "against God's will," a similar percentage felt that legal recognition of same-sex marriages was inevitable.

Sixty percent of those polled described themselves as sympathetic to the gay community. About the same percentage said they would be willing to vote for an openly gay political candidate.

tm=datinyurl.com (http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2004-04-10-gay-marriage-poll_x.htm)

:clap:

Gunny
09-12-2007, 05:31 PM
tm=fitinyurl (http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/news.aspx?id=19031&loc=interstitialskip)

I think you're being ignored.:laugh2:

Would rep you again if I could.

Abbey Marie
09-12-2007, 06:48 PM

When we steal it, I get my very own refinery and pump in the back yard for being a loyal conservative.:cuckoo:

Dang, Gunny. You just gave away a Guild secret.

JohnDoe
09-12-2007, 07:08 PM

Who said Steal? Where did Steal come from...?

Right now, before congress, we are discussing whether the "oil deals and terms" that we want, were made in Iraq yet.... until they are settled, we are not leaving... OIL contracts signed and an agreement between the tribes ARE part of the goals to meet before we leave... are you denying this?

Gunny
09-12-2007, 07:58 PM

Right now, before congress, we are discussing whether the "oil deals and terms" that we want, were made in Iraq yet.... until they are settled, we are not leaving... OIL contracts signed and an agreement between the tribes ARE part of the goals to meet before we leave... are you denying this?

Denying that Congress is a private oil company? Yep. And who cares? The French were making under-the-table deals with Saddam for cut-rate oil when we ruined their little neo-colonialism plan.

And who said steal? Just about every left-wingnut in existence from day one of the invasion is who. Don't EVEN act like you don't know that.

Gaffer
09-12-2007, 08:10 PM

The oil deals were signed a long time ago. The oil is going to china, vietnam and I think south korea. Though the third one might have been a european country. None of their oil is coming here.