PDA

View Full Version : 'Joe Biden has a big China problem': Trump preps campaign assault on fall foe

jimnyc
04-17-2020, 03:16 PM
Trump needs to put out like a 3 minute video commercial ad during the run up to the election. I'm sure there are limits though. :(

But have one, use it to point out quickly all the shenanigans once again that the Dems have tried in addition to the impeachment BS. Stuff they are doing over and over using taxpayer dollars to do not much more than attack as a lead up to 2020.

And then one on Joe, and his son, and the list of antics and connections to fraud.

And like we may see on social media, point this stuff out over and over. And especially now, when China will be the focus for quite some time now because of the virus, and their coverups and lies.

--

'Joe Biden has a big China problem': Trump preps campaign assault on fall foe

President Trump's reelection campaign has two main targets, Joe Biden and China, and plans to tie them together relentlessly until November.

Team Trump is preparing to make the former vice president's remarks and familial ties to the communist country a focal point of its campaign strategy. The political ammunition is extensive, with years of video and recorded speeches reminding people of what the campaign calls Biden's coziness with Beijing.

And it comes at a time when the Trump administration is increasingly pointing fingers at China as the source of the coronavirus pandemic. The disease was first identified in December 2019 in Wuhan, the capital of China's Hubei province, and has since spread globally. More than 2.16 million cases have been reported across 201 countries and territories, resulting in more than 145,000 deaths, including 34,784 in the United States.

Those close to the Trump campaign say internal polling suggests it's one of Biden's biggest weaknesses.

“Joe Biden has a big China problem. Our data shows that Biden’s softness on China is a major vulnerability, among many,” Trump campaign Communications Director Tim Murtaugh told the Washington Examiner.

As vice president, Biden lavished praise on China during a state visit in August 2011. Biden, a Delaware senator from 1973-2009, said he’d been impressed with the country since he traveled there decades ago after the two countries normalized relations.

“Let me be clear: I believed in 1979 and said so then, and I believe now that a rising China is a positive development not only for the people of China but for the United States and the world as a whole,” Biden said.

During that speech, when discussing the U.S. budget, the then-vice president emphasized that he wasn’t passing judgment on China’s decadeslong authoritarian “one-child” policy, which strictly enforced family restrictions.

“As I was talking with some of your leaders, you share a similar concern here in China. You have no safety net. Your policy has been one, which I fully understand and I’m not second-guessing, of one child per family,” Biden said.

Biden claimed that “it is in our self-interest that China continue to prosper” because “a more prosperous China will mean more demand for American-made goods and services and more jobs back home in the United States of America.”

Those remarks were echoed six months later in a February speech to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, amid he and President Barack Obama's reelection campaign.

“Let me be clear: I believe, as the president said also to the vice president in the Oval Office not long ago,” he said, referencing then-Vice President Xi Jinping, China's current ruler. “We believe that a rising China is a positive development not only for China but also for the United States and the world.”

More recently, Biden was hammered by the Trump campaign and other Republicans for seemingly downplaying the economic threat posed by China.

"China is going to eat our lunch? Come on, man,” Biden said in Iowa City, Iowa, in May 2019. "They can't figure out how they’re going to deal with the corruption that exists within the system.”

He added: “They’re not bad folks, folks. … They’re not competition for us.”

Democrats, in response, point to the Trump family's overseas business dealings and the president's praise for China, most recently over its handling of the coronavirus outbreak.

"Trump spent vital weeks praising China's response as successful and transparent while deceiving the American people about the extreme threat we faced and failing to prepare our country," said Biden campaign spokesman Andrew Bates. "China played Donald Trump for a sucker, and now, all of us are paying an atrocious price for his malpractice with over 30,000 American lives taken by this outbreak, infections climbing, and our economy in a nosedive."

But Biden's comments remain fodder for the Trump campaign.

Rest - https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/joe-biden-has-a-big-china-problem-trump-preps-campaign-assault-on-fall-foe

Kathianne
04-17-2020, 03:22 PM
Biden China 'like this' will be pretty effective IF they use Joe's words, actions, and Hunter. Things like son is STILL on the board of Chinese company he claimed to have resigned from.