PDA

View Full Version : Racine Sheriff Will Not Enforce Wisconsin’s Authoritarian Stay-at-Home Order

jimnyc
04-17-2020, 07:27 PM
And not the first. And the feedback and protesting the lockdowns are picking up, even if not like Michigan. There is really no precedent for this, so as of now, the COTUS reigns supreme (as it always does). But no right out there exists that anyone has shown to give the governors such rights for various orders, and enforcement.

I don't want to get sick, or die, nor anyone in my family or any of my friends. I don't know the answer. I wish folks would simply avoid going out much now, do so for the pharmacy/grocery, and otherwise use common sense to avoid getting sick right now. But with so many not listening, the enforcement level has grown in some areas.

But as to the orders themselves, I'm not sure they hold up legally. Even if not, I would hope folks would follow the advice anyway for the best of everyone in the nation.

--

“I Took an Oath to Uphold the Constitution” – Racine Sheriff Will Not Enforce Wisconsin’s Authoritarian Stay-at-Home Order

Racine County Sheriff Christopher Schmaling announced on Friday his department will not be enforcing Wisconsin’s Draconian stay-at-home order.

Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers (D) on Thursday evening extended his stay-at-home order for another month!

Wisconsin Republicans threatened lawsuits in response to Evers’ stay-at-home extension.

And now a sheriff is refusing to enforce the Democrat Governor’s order.

“[The] state law does not have the authority to supersede or suspend the Constitutional rights of Americans citizens,” the sheriff said.

Sheriff Schmaling urged the Wisconsin DHS to develop a workable plan that balances safety and gives business owners a way to still operate their businesses.

“I took an oath to uphold the constitutional rights of our citizens and I cannot in good faith participate in the destruction of Racine Co. businesses or interfere in the freedoms granted to all of us by our Constitution,” the sheriff said in a media release.

https://i.imgur.com/mvZ7JcE.png

Four sheriffs in Michigan are also defying the Governor’s authoritarian stay-at-home order.

“Each of us took an oath to uphold and defend the Michigan Constitution, as well as the US Constitution, and to ensure that your God given rights are not violated. We believe that we are the last line of defense in protecting your civil liberties,” the Michigan sheriffs said.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/04/took-oath-uphold-constitution-racine-sheriff-will-not-enforce-wisconsins-authoritarian-stay-home-order/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-17-2020, 09:10 PM
And not the first. And the feedback and protesting the lockdowns are picking up, even if not like Michigan. There is really no precedent for this, so as of now, the COTUS reigns supreme (as it always does). But no right out there exists that anyone has shown to give the governors such rights for various orders, and enforcement.

I don't want to get sick, or die, nor anyone in my family or any of my friends. I don't know the answer. I wish folks would simply avoid going out much now, do so for the pharmacy/grocery, and otherwise use common sense to avoid getting sick right now. But with so many not listening, the enforcement level has grown in some areas.

But as to the orders themselves, I'm not sure they hold up legally. Even if not, I would hope folks would follow the advice anyway for the best of everyone in the nation.

--

“I Took an Oath to Uphold the Constitution” – Racine Sheriff Will Not Enforce Wisconsin’s Authoritarian Stay-at-Home Order

Racine County Sheriff Christopher Schmaling announced on Friday his department will not be enforcing Wisconsin’s Draconian stay-at-home order.

Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers (D) on Thursday evening extended his stay-at-home order for another month!

Wisconsin Republicans threatened lawsuits in response to Evers’ stay-at-home extension.

And now a sheriff is refusing to enforce the Democrat Governor’s order.

“[The] state law does not have the authority to supersede or suspend the Constitutional rights of Americans citizens,” the sheriff said.

Sheriff Schmaling urged the Wisconsin DHS to develop a workable plan that balances safety and gives business owners a way to still operate their businesses.

“I took an oath to uphold the constitutional rights of our citizens and I cannot in good faith participate in the destruction of Racine Co. businesses or interfere in the freedoms granted to all of us by our Constitution,” the sheriff said in a media release.

https://i.imgur.com/mvZ7JcE.png

Four sheriffs in Michigan are also defying the Governor’s authoritarian stay-at-home order.

“Each of us took an oath to uphold and defend the Michigan Constitution, as well as the US Constitution, and to ensure that your God given rights are not violated. We believe that we are the last line of defense in protecting your civil liberties,” the Michigan sheriffs said.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/04/took-oath-uphold-constitution-racine-sheriff-will-not-enforce-wisconsins-authoritarian-stay-home-order/

The sheriff is tight. They do not have authority to nullify the Constitution. Just that damn simple.
We either have a Constitution or we don't.
This new thing of governors saying they suddenly can take a citizen's Constitutional rights away is ffing nonsense and should be stopped.
Until a state of martial law is declared they do not get to act like it exists.--Tyr

FakeNewsSux
04-17-2020, 10:44 PM
I'm sure Pete is all for this Sheriff not wanting to pull him over just to see if there is an essential reason for his travel. Now he doesn't have to come up with a bullshit cover story for his weekly Illinois border run for his smokables and edibles.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-18-2020, 05:23 AM
I'm sure Pete is all for this Sheriff not wanting to pull him over just to see if there is an essential reason for his travel. Now he doesn't have to come up with a bullshit cover story for his weekly Illinois border run for his smokables and edibles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiQL71kV4t8

"Your papers please"...... -Tyr

pete311
04-18-2020, 09:07 AM

unfortunately Illinois so so fucked up they can sell drugs right either. most of the shops are appt only with long wait times, like weeks long

FakeNewsSux
04-18-2020, 11:21 AM
unfortunately Illinois so so fucked up they can sell drugs right either. most of the shops are appt only with long wait times, like weeks long

Just make sure you stand six feet apart and wear your mask while in line next week.

Gunny
04-18-2020, 01:59 PM
The Bexar County Sheriff's Office is not enforcing the Mayor of San Antonio's stay home order here. Unless it's a drunk elephant in the middle of the interstate, how do you?