PDA

View Full Version : China Tries (and Fails) to Get Wisconsin to Pass Law Praising Beijing on Coronavirus

jimnyc
04-18-2020, 12:27 PM
WTF? I'm glad it will be going the opposite way. But goes to show what China is lying about and what lengths they are willing to go.

--

China Tries (and Fails) to Get Wisconsin to Pass Law Praising Beijing on Coronavirus

Radio Free Asia (RFA) reported on Thursday that the Chinese Communist Party’s (CCP) outrageous effort to pressure the legislature of Wisconsin to pass a resolution praising Beijing for its handling of the coronavirus effort “backfired spectacularly,” leading to a motion that will condemn the CCP for lying to the world if it passes.

The Chinese consulate sent emails in February and March to Wisconsin Senate President Roger Roth, a Republican, urging him to pass a resolution praising China. The emails even contained the text of a resolution written by the CCP for the Wisconsin legislature to rubber stamp, praising the Chinese government for being “transparent and quick in sharing key information of the virus with the WHO and the international community” – the exact opposite of what actually happened.

Roth told the Wisconsin Examiner in an interview last week he was so stunned by the audacity of the first email, and its dubious origin from a Hotmail account, that he dismissed it as a prank. When he received a follow-up email from the consulate in March, he instructed his staff to research it, and they determined it was a genuine communique from the Chinese consulate, whose diplomats sometimes use Hotmail and other public email services because they are “faster” than their official email accounts.

Roth fired back a one-word response to the CCP: “Nuts.” This was the answer famously given by American commander Brig. Gen. Anthony McAuliffe when a different gang of fascists demanded his surrender at Bastogne in 1944.

“I was mad as hell,” Roth told RFA on Thursday.

“The awkward truth is, this request almost certainly didn’t only go to Wisconsin,” he said. “The Chinese embassy felt completely comfortable doing this because it often works. Even when it doesn’t, people rarely go public, so there’s no downside to trying.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2020/04/17/china-tries-fails-get-wisconsin-pass-law-praising-beijing-on-coronavirus/

Gunny
04-18-2020, 01:06 PM
Typical commies. Pass a "law" forcing people to praise China. It doesn't even make sense.

Where's the Special Counsel to investigate this? We had one to investigate our own President. I guess it doesn't count if it's not Trump, and it's so obvious it's ridiculous.:rolleyes:

Drummond
04-18-2020, 04:19 PM
'Nuts' was an excellent response. Gives exactly the right flavour of reply.

To everybody else BUT a control-freaking bunch of Chinese Communist pseudo-Hitlers, attempting such a move would, indeed, actually LITERALLY, be a 'nuts' thing to try. Unfortunately, these Chinese Communist pseudo-Hitlers, BEING Chinese Communist pseudo-Hitlers, don't know any better .. and are so divorced from an ordinary state of human conscience that their arrogance disengages them from the real world beyond their version of a Fourth Reich.

Perhaps the Chinese doctor who tried to blow the whistle on the nature of the threat Covid-19 posed, and was summarily ignored and then died of it (less than mercifully, in that order), would want to applaud Wisconsin, had it bent to the Chinese Communist pseudo-Hitlers' lunacy ?

Certain Chinese lunatics dreaming of swastikas might believe that. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::tinfoil:

I almost asked 'Why Wisconsin' ... but yes, no doubt this was hoped for from States elsewhere.

The sooner these CCP Hitlers suffer a very tangible manifestation of the revulsion their global criminality has caused, the better.

[So far as I know, they've tried no equivalent with the UK. Perhaps we should 'congratulate' the CCP (etc) for respecting British sanity ?]