PDA

View Full Version : As people stuck home, also now stocking up on frozen pizzas

jimnyc
04-18-2020, 02:47 PM
I've only had order in from our local Italian pizza place. Well, 2 of them actually.

But appears the frozen aisles are now facing shortages on the pizzas. I better get them while I can too! Even though I do order locally, I also usually buy some Ellios, or Red Baron mini's & also Digiorno rising crust style! Not often, but I like to eat them late at night on the days I am stuck eating cruddy dinners that the kiddo likes.

--

US Running out of Frozen Pizzas Amid Ongoing Coronavirus Pandemic

The coronavirus pandemic has seen its impact hit nearly every area imaginable across the world. Perhaps the largest industry to see its demand climb as high as ever are grocery stores. From mega-corporation supermarkets to local grocery shops, stores are struggling to keep many items in stock. First, it was the toilet paper craze that settled over in the early going of the outbreak. Then it was the cleaning supplies from sanitizing wipes to hand soap. A new hard-to-find item now happens to be frozen pizza. Stores across the states are finding it hard to keep the easy-to-cook products in stock.

Newman's Own President and COO, Dave Best told Ad Week that his company's sales are 190 percent since the start of the pandemic. It shouldn't come as a surprise that this particular food item is seeing its demand on the rise. As everyone remains in quarantine, food has become a difficult thing to keep aplenty. There are people rationing their food and those who are going the other way and buying in bulk that can last them months. With so much uncertainty as to when normal life will be restored, easy-to-grab foods like frozen pizza, especially with a shelf life like they have, are hot ticket items.

Rest - https://popculture.com/trending/2020/04/17/us-running-out-frozen-pizza-amid-ongoing-coronavirus-pandemic/

Gunny
04-18-2020, 02:55 PM
Hoarding frozen pizzas. :rolleyes:

I have been amazed at the crap people have been hoarding. Most of it won't last 24 hours without refrigeration. And my daughter's right up there with the best when it comes to food. I've had to set in my own stock in my closet of stuff that will last out a complete grid failure.

If real sh*t ever hits the fan this country's in BIG trouble. Darwinism WILL kick in.

Abbey Marie
04-18-2020, 03:23 PM
Since this began, we’ve gotten take-out pizza three or four times. Do you all think that’s risky?

icansayit
04-18-2020, 03:25 PM
Since this began, we’ve gotten take-out pizza three or four times. Do you all think that’s risky?

Saw it on the news too! National Shortage of Frozen Pizza. Time to make our own????:laugh::laugh::laugh:

icansayit
04-18-2020, 03:30 PM
Hoarding frozen pizzas. :rolleyes:

I have been amazed at the crap people have been hoarding. Most of it won't last 24 hours without refrigeration. And my daughter's right up there with the best when it comes to food. I've had to set in my own stock in my closet of stuff that will last out a complete grid failure.

If real sh*t ever hits the fan this country's in BIG trouble. Darwinism WILL kick in.

Talking about the DONNER Pass from the 1800's will become part of the survival guides.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/WcrQrH0Cwd7jcceFK6g9fkSE2GHFp7jMA9_xpX0cTDsyC3dLj9 zL4zqQ9So5eIfbQKhLIIOfVSgOBI36kpcIs_CiM3ZRM6Tdr8ld 8f9Xy_35txO73n1tIZcL63uvKsrMspur296xiU0Wg0sIUA

Black Diamond
04-18-2020, 03:34 PM
Talking about the DONNER Pass from the 1800's will become part of the survival guides.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/WcrQrH0Cwd7jcceFK6g9fkSE2GHFp7jMA9_xpX0cTDsyC3dLj9 zL4zqQ9So5eIfbQKhLIIOfVSgOBI36kpcIs_CiM3ZRM6Tdr8ld 8f9Xy_35txO73n1tIZcL63uvKsrMspur296xiU0Wg0sIUA

https://youtu.be/8RJm4iynxU0

Gunny
04-18-2020, 03:43 PM

I know that story. Mum's the word :)

Gunny
04-18-2020, 03:50 PM
Since this began, we’ve gotten take-out pizza three or four times. Do you all think that’s risky?That would be another thing that has had me shaking my head about this whole "stay home" thing. Cover your face in public. (Especially here in the land of the Frito Bandito :rolleyes:). Don't touch anything. Carry a bottle of alcohol-based hand cleaner in a holster on your hip. Stay x number of feet away from others.

YET ...

Order some pizza delivered by some person of unknown hygiene habits, made by some other person(s) of unknown hygiene habits, desperate enough to go out and make multiple deliveries to multiple locations thereby increasing the odds of contracting/carrying/spreading the virus.

THAT makes sense :rolleyes:

Drummond
04-18-2020, 04:31 PM
I offer my sympathy. Shortages of frozen pizza, as of right now, is a peculiarly American affliction. Brits eat pizza (!) ... but I don't think we've got a shortage of it, not now, anyway.

Tesco seems properly stocked: no sign online of their not being available.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/shop/frozen-food/frozen-pizza-and-garlic-bread/frozen-pizza

... and we have various pizza takeaway shops, e.g our version of Pizza Hut. Complete with an online promise of, I quote, 'Contact-free on all deliveries across the UK'.

https://www.pizzahut.co.uk/?msclkid=aff67dace07010bc1c4b2337905837ae&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=1.%20Delivery_Brand_E&utm_term=pizza%20hut&utm_content=Brand_Exact

... so we're doing OK as of now.

Kathianne
04-18-2020, 04:46 PM
I offer my sympathy. Shortages of frozen pizza, as of right now, is a peculiarly American affliction. Brits eat pizza (!) ... but I don't think we've got a shortage of it, not now, anyway.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/shop/frozen-food/frozen-pizza-and-garlic-bread/frozen-pizza

... and we have various pizza takeaway shops, e.g our version of Pizza Hut. Complete with an online promise of, I quote, 'Contact-free on all deliveries across the UK'.

https://www.pizzahut.co.uk/?msclkid=aff67dace07010bc1c4b2337905837ae&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=1.%20Delivery_Brand_E&utm_term=pizza%20hut&utm_content=Brand_Exact

... so we're doing OK as of now.

Pizza Hut? I'd rather die! LOL! Seriously.

I make my own pizza, there isn't really good pizza in AZ. Think I'll make some pizza dough this week.

Gunny
04-18-2020, 04:47 PM

... so we're doing OK as of now.Way back before Gunny was even a jarhead, I made pizzas for a living for awhile. How does one make a "contact free" pizza? :laugh:

Drummond
04-18-2020, 05:22 PM
Way back before Gunny was even a jarhead, I made pizzas for a living for awhile. How does one make a "contact free" pizza? :laugh:

It's probably a manifestation of Leftie Speak ... the idea being that if you can imagine it, It Will Therefore Exist (whether or not it actually does).

Drummond
04-18-2020, 05:29 PM
Pizza Hut? I'd rather die! LOL! Seriously.

I make my own pizza, there isn't really good pizza in AZ. Think I'll make some pizza dough this week.

Enjoy your pizza making.

We also have Papa Johns, who (?) owe their origin to the US ... ? On balance, I think I prefer theirs to Pizza Hut.

Only one problem: last time I tried ordering from Papa Johns, the online order was refused. I eventually found out why. It's because my home location is at a part of the street which is one-way-only for vehicular traffic.

It seems our drivers see this as an insurmountable obstacle for driving / delivering. Ah, well ...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-18-2020, 05:31 PM
I've only had order in from our local Italian pizza place. Well, 2 of them actually.

But appears the frozen aisles are now facing shortages on the pizzas. I better get them while I can too! Even though I do order locally, I also usually buy some Ellios, or Red Baron mini's & also Digiorno rising crust style! Not often, but I like to eat them late at night on the days I am stuck eating cruddy dinners that the kiddo likes.

--

US Running out of Frozen Pizzas Amid Ongoing Coronavirus Pandemic

The coronavirus pandemic has seen its impact hit nearly every area imaginable across the world. Perhaps the largest industry to see its demand climb as high as ever are grocery stores. From mega-corporation supermarkets to local grocery shops, stores are struggling to keep many items in stock. First, it was the toilet paper craze that settled over in the early going of the outbreak. Then it was the cleaning supplies from sanitizing wipes to hand soap. A new hard-to-find item now happens to be frozen pizza. Stores across the states are finding it hard to keep the easy-to-cook products in stock.

Newman's Own President and COO, Dave Best told Ad Week that his company's sales are 190 percent since the start of the pandemic. It shouldn't come as a surprise that this particular food item is seeing its demand on the rise. As everyone remains in quarantine, food has become a difficult thing to keep aplenty. There are people rationing their food and those who are going the other way and buying in bulk that can last them months. With so much uncertainty as to when normal life will be restored, easy-to-grab foods like frozen pizza, especially with a shelf life like they have, are hot ticket items.

Rest - https://popculture.com/trending/2020/04/17/us-running-out-frozen-pizza-amid-ongoing-coronavirus-pandemic/

Freezer aisles here remain well stocked with pizza at Kroger, and at SaveALot grocery stores.
At Walmart they are hit very hard....
Been here a bit over 4 years now, never even went into the SaveALot grocery store until this crap happened.
Now I visit it far, far more than Wallyworld grocery... far less crowded and far less restrictive on number of select items one can by.
I only eat pizza about once every 4/5 months(those few times it is never frozen pizza)-- as my strict, stay alive diet,- forbids it. --Tyr

Abbey Marie
04-19-2020, 12:30 PM
That would be another thing that has had me shaking my head about this whole "stay home" thing. Cover your face in public. (Especially here in the land of the Frito Bandito :rolleyes:). Don't touch anything. Carry a bottle of alcohol-based hand cleaner in a holster on your hip. Stay x number of feet away from others.

YET ...

Order some pizza delivered by some person of unknown hygiene habits, made by some other person(s) of unknown hygiene habits, desperate enough to go out and make multiple deliveries to multiple locations thereby increasing the odds of contracting/carrying/spreading the virus.

THAT makes sense :rolleyes:

FWIW, no delivery; we pick it up.

LongTermGuy
04-20-2020, 06:08 PM

"Yes very Risky....when it comes to people handling food for other people..Ya never know"

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/XrtFjwvealpojQilqW9zkA--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTcwNTtoPTQxMy44MDQzNDc4Mj YwODY5NA--/https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/msCIIn3OrvxUYLjIbUC2fA--~B/aD03MDI7dz0xMTk2O3NtPTE7YXBwaWQ9eXRhY2h5b24-/https://media.zenfs.com/en-US/indiewire_268/e782dd9338817e564b4d755c7f0c291a

icansayit
04-20-2020, 07:50 PM
My sister and brother and I didn't know we were poor and couldn't afford a lot of stuff. Which is why we made our own Quick versions of Pizza....TOAST with KETCHUP and a slice of Cheese.

Just thought some would like to know.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-20-2020, 09:28 PM
Yeah last time I was in the store here our TP was pretty well depleted, so the retards are STILL hoarding TP!! I think "outsiders" discovered by word of mouth that our little store was pretty well stocked, so the sons a bitches are coming from far and wide to empty OUR store, fuckers. So that's something we'd have to guard against if the shit ever really hit the fan around. You're not a village or town resident, you don't empty our store. Turn your fucking vehicle around or we'll turn it into a brick of swiss cheese, with you in it.

But I noticed also that the frozen pizzas were almost all gone, and when I saw that I remember my first reaction as... "WHY?"

Honestly, I think people are used to eating out at their shit food fast burger joints and whatnot and not cooking their every meal at home. So a pizza is quick and easy. Heat the oven, throw it in, 30 minutes later it's done and you didn't do anything more than turn the frickin' oven on. It's laziness.

But, I'm sure there's also a degree of more monkey see, monkey do. Someone walks past the pizza isle and sees someone else buying 5 pizzas, so OMFG, they have to buy FIVE PIZZAS TOO, because they saw SOMEONE ELSE DO IT. Next thing ya know people are buying pizzas JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE SELLING OUT. People are fucking stupid.

Gunny
04-20-2020, 09:37 PM
FWIW, no delivery; we pick it up.So it gets to sit around waiting on you to come get it, huh?:halo9:

icansayit
04-20-2020, 09:39 PM
Yeah last time I was in the store here our TP was pretty well depleted, so the retards are STILL hoarding TP!! I think "outsiders" discovered by word of mouth that our little store was pretty well stocked, so the sons a bitches are coming from far and wide to empty OUR store, fuckers. So that's something we'd have to guard against if the shit ever really hit the fan around. You're not a village or town resident, you don't empty our store. Turn your fucking vehicle around or we'll turn it into a brick of swiss cheese, with you in it.

But I noticed also that the frozen pizzas were almost all gone, and when I saw that I remember my first reaction as... "WHY?"

Honestly, I think people are used to eating out at their shit food fast burger joints and whatnot and not cooking their every meal at home. So a pizza is quick and easy. Heat the oven, throw it in, 30 minutes later it's done and you didn't do anything more than turn the frickin' oven on. It's laziness.

Seems to me. Before this virus made us all stay home. Nobody wanted to cook, or knew how to cook in a hurry for all of the kids and Mom's and Dad's who never really had the time to SIT DOWN and eat together. So...Lazy as most of us are. We have become too dependent on Fast Foods, Frozen foods, Restaurants, and Pizza delivery that makes everything EVEN LAZIER...if somebody else can do it...Why bother doing it yourself?????:laugh:

Gunny
04-20-2020, 09:44 PM
Seems to me. Before this virus made us all stay home. Nobody wanted to cook, or knew how to cook in a hurry for all of the kids and Mom's and Dad's who never really had the time to SIT DOWN and eat together. So...Lazy as most of us are. We have become too dependent on Fast Foods, Frozen foods, Restaurants, and Pizza delivery that makes everything EVEN LAZIER...if somebody else can do it...Why bother doing it yourself?????:laugh:I think I may eat fast food once every 3-6 months. I cook my own food. Fast food will bloat me up like a balloon :laugh:

Abbey Marie
04-21-2020, 07:41 PM
So it gets to sit around waiting on you to come get it, huh?:halo9:

Gunny, you need to get out more, lol. You choose your pick up time, and they have it ready for that time. It’s usually almost-hot by the time it gets home. Russ does not believe in delivery. ;)