PDA

View Full Version : Another reason why we have high numbers in NY

jimnyc
04-19-2020, 12:38 PM
I once again went for a cruise while chatting with my Dad, and then on the way back I got my gloves and mask ready, to head to Stop and Shop to get just 2 things. I turn the corner and drive about a 1/4 mile to the entrance and pull in - and instantly see that the parking lot is as usual, 95% full and trouble navigating around. I saw maybe like 50 people going in and out in the short time it took me to turn around and bail, and maybe like 5 of them were wearing some form of a mask. Like I said, it was business as usual.

I have no issue with things starting back up again, to a common sense extent. Still follow social distancing. Still wear gloves and a mask when in any populated area of 3 or more. Limited people in stores and working environments. Just use common sense and start gearing up with that completely in mind. I think a lot can be done around NY at least, with more common sense and protection. Problem here has been, not a lot of common sense and not a lot of listening to begin with.

But you can't hit the grocery store and have 250 in there at the same time, when it's a smaller store. And even a bag boy can tell that letting that many in without masks isn't a great idea.