PDA

View Full Version : Trump Is Urging ‘Insubordination’ and ‘Illegal Activity’ by Supporting Protesters

jimnyc
04-19-2020, 01:08 PM
He stated as much about Virginia, for one. I don't think gun orders are something that should be jumped on because of a virus. In Michigan, seed aisles were banned, motor boats but not boats without motors, and other stupid orders and enforcement. These are the things being protested, over stepping of authority. We here even have posted about singular events of "too much". Seems a few governors and cops took things a tad too far. Hence the talk of "liberate" in just a few areas and not the entire country.

He didn't say ignore Fauci and Birx - that's just ANOTHER lie from the media to vilify and make the story sound better. :rolleyes: Nor to ignore his own guidelines.

And I don't know about calling any of this illegal activity before a court says so. It's one of those gray areas where the law hasn't covered it yet. Some general orders make sense, but some are obviously an overreach. Simply going for a ride? Taking away gun rights? Can't grow your own plants and food? Can't sit in your car as a preacher speaks across the radio? Some of these clearly are an overreach and don't make sense.

--

Inslee: Trump Is Urging ‘Insubordination’ and ‘Illegal Activity’ by Supporting Protesters

Sunday on ABC’s “This Week,” Gov. Jay Inslee (D-WA) said President Donald Trump is urging both “insubordination” and “illegal activity” by encouraging protests of stay-at-home orders amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Host George Stephanopoulos said, “You’ve seen those tweets from the president, liberate Michigan, liberate Virginia. You believe that’s dangerous?”

Inslee said, “I don’t know any other way to characterize it when we have an order from governors both Republicans and Democrats that are basically designed to protect people’s health, literally their lives, to have a president of the United States basically encourage insubordination, to encourage illegal activity. These orders actually are the law of these states. And again, these are not just Democrats. These are Republican-led states as well. To have an American president to encourage people to violate the law. I can’t remember any time in my time in America we have seen such a thing.”

Hew continued, “It is dangerous because it could inspire people to ignore things that could save their lives. And I don’t know if there is another way to characterize it. And it’s doubly frustrating to us governors because this is such a schizophrenia. The president is asking people, please ignore Dr. Fauci, Dr. Birx, please ignore my own guidelines I set forth. Those guidelines made very clear if you read them, and I don’t know if the president did or not, but if you read them, it made very clear that you can’t open up Michigan today or Virginia under those guidelines, you need to see a decline in infections and fatalities. So, yes, we hope that there could be a restoration of leadership in the White House rather than hobbling our national efforts to protect people from this terrible virus.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/04/19/inslee-trump-is-urging-insubordination-and-illegal-activity-by-supporting-protesters/