PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap, cut your balls off!!

jimnyc
04-19-2020, 03:08 PM
Gentlemen, I truly hate to be the bearer of such horribly bad news. But break out the pain killers and cut your eggs off, your pelotas, your palles, your virus holding bolas & for the gents where it all started, your 球.

I know you like them and a little used to having them dangling around. And I KNOW all too well that they can be a little sensitive at times. So if you have connections to someone who can maybe knock you out for this procedure, call in that favor now!

But cut them, bounce them, deflate them, kick them across the room, pop them or do what ya need. But the LA Times are now reporting and raising my level of fear on my old friends. So take it for what it's worth.

--

Do testicles make men more vulnerable to the coronavirus?

Men contending with coronavirus infection may have a pair of vulnerabilities that could increase their risk of longer, more severe illness: their testicles.

A pilot study that tracked the clearance of the virus from patients in Mumbai, India, offered further evidence that men are indeed harder hit by the pathogen. And it offered a theoretical explanation for that gender disparity that focuses on the cells that the coronavirus is most drawn to.

Those cells serve as the front door for the coronavirus because they express a protein called angiotensin converting enzyme 2, which the virus just happens to bind with.

In both men and women, these ACE2 proteins, or receptors, are plentiful in the lungs, the gastrointestinal tract and the heart. Not surprisingly, all of those tissues are vulnerable to attack from the virus that causes COVID-19.

Testicular tissue also pumps out ACE2 receptors at a high rate. Ovarian tissue does not.

A group of researchers led by an oncologist in New York and her mother, a microbiologist in Mumbai, has put forth a hypothesis it acknowledges is highly preliminary: that the testes may harbor the SARS-CoV-2 virus in men, providing it sanctuary from the immune system.

While women offer the coronavirus plenty of opportunities to enter their cells, men’s testes may give the virus an extra point of entry. And since the testicles are walled off from the immune system, they may be among the last hiding places from which the virus is driven out.

The hypothesis was presented in a preliminary report posted on MedRxiv, a website on which researchers share their unpublished work. Unlike studies published in medical journals, it has not yet been subjected to scrutiny by other researchers.

Rest - https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-04-18/do-testicles-make-men-more-vulnerable-to-coronavirus

jimnyc
04-19-2020, 04:53 PM
Holy gonads! The family jewels are lowering in value. Cojones baloneys. Deez Nutz not gonna be so funny in a meme anymore if ya gotta chop them off! "The boys" won't feel very manly after this. "Itchy and scratchy" will be no more. Lenny and Squiggy will be on a permanent vacation, never to come back just like their show. Ham and eggs will no longer be on the menu. Huevos my eggos! Mi Dos Amigos are friends no more. The sacks are empty.

Been a long day.

Reporting out of the UK too.

--

Coronavirus 'may cause damage to men's testicles', doctors war

https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/coronavirus-may-cause-damage-mens-21681342

And a study has been done already?

Testicles may make men more vulnerable to coronavirus: study

The coronavirus could linger in the testicles, making men prone to longer, more severe cases of the illness, according to a new study.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/19/testicles-may-make-men-more-vulnerable-to-coronavirus-study/

Drummond
04-19-2020, 04:56 PM
Gentlemen, I truly hate to be the bearer of such horribly bad news. But break out the pain killers and cut your eggs off, your pelotas, your palles, your virus holding bolas & for the gents where it all started, your 球.

I know you like them and a little used to having them dangling around. And I KNOW all too well that they can be a little sensitive at times. So if you have connections to someone who can maybe knock you out for this procedure, call in that favor now!

But cut them, bounce them, deflate them, kick them across the room, pop them or do what ya need. But the LA Times are now reporting and raising my level of fear on my old friends. So take it for what it's worth.

--

Do testicles make men more vulnerable to the coronavirus?

Men contending with coronavirus infection may have a pair of vulnerabilities that could increase their risk of longer, more severe illness: their testicles.

A pilot study that tracked the clearance of the virus from patients in Mumbai, India, offered further evidence that men are indeed harder hit by the pathogen. And it offered a theoretical explanation for that gender disparity that focuses on the cells that the coronavirus is most drawn to.

Those cells serve as the front door for the coronavirus because they express a protein called angiotensin converting enzyme 2, which the virus just happens to bind with.

In both men and women, these ACE2 proteins, or receptors, are plentiful in the lungs, the gastrointestinal tract and the heart. Not surprisingly, all of those tissues are vulnerable to attack from the virus that causes COVID-19.

Testicular tissue also pumps out ACE2 receptors at a high rate. Ovarian tissue does not.

A group of researchers led by an oncologist in New York and her mother, a microbiologist in Mumbai, has put forth a hypothesis it acknowledges is highly preliminary: that the testes may harbor the SARS-CoV-2 virus in men, providing it sanctuary from the immune system.

While women offer the coronavirus plenty of opportunities to enter their cells, men’s testes may give the virus an extra point of entry. And since the testicles are walled off from the immune system, they may be among the last hiding places from which the virus is driven out.

The hypothesis was presented in a preliminary report posted on MedRxiv, a website on which researchers share their unpublished work. Unlike studies published in medical journals, it has not yet been subjected to scrutiny by other researchers.

Rest - https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-04-18/do-testicles-make-men-more-vulnerable-to-coronavirus

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::wtf::shit fan::shitfan::panicsmiley::panicsmiley::omg:

icansayit
04-19-2020, 08:28 PM
SINCE we know, and have shown us....THEY HAVE NO BALLS!

https://www.rollingstone.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/NancyPelosi.jpg

BUT...they are really ashamed of themselves because https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRCeeYRt5nBYFA3Yqh8iJYdrDbBPWa CVypqCoxiqCLCFoEAWsbF&usqp=CAU

SassyLady
04-20-2020, 02:11 AM
Don't panic guys!

APRIL 19, 2020expert reaction to preprint on testes and the COVID-19 virus, SARS-CoV-2
A pre-print, posted on MedRxiv, reports on testes and the COVID-19 virus, SARS-CoV-2.

Dr Rod Mitchell, Research Group Leader and Honorary Consultant Paediatric Endocrinologist, MRC Centre for Reproductive Health, University of Edinburgh, said:
“This is a small study involving a relatively low number of patients. The main suggestion that the testicles act as a reservoir for the virus is theoretical and is not actually tested.
“Crucially, the study does not determine when each person became infected and therefore it is not possible to accurately determine the duration of infection.
“The study includes patients aged from 3-75 years, which is not accounted for in the analysis. Given the variation in the behaviour of the virus and differences in the testicles between children and adults, this is an important omission.
“Whilst the ACE2 protein is involved in the transport of the virus into cells, there are other proteins that contribute to this process. Therefore, additional studies would be needed to prove whether the virus enters and persists in the cells of the testicle.
“Given the limitations of the study, it is important to emphasise that this report has not been peer-reviewed by experts in the field.”

Prof Paolo Madeddu, Professor of Experimental Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Bristol, said:
“While COVID-19 is certainly more frequent and severe in men, the study is pointing at possible association of infection with ACE2 expression in the gonads. But the evidence is weak for two reasons.
“The sample examined is small and the difference though statistically significant would only have a small biologic effect if any.
“Second, there are many other possible reasons for the difference seen, including viral loads, risk factors, and protection of female hormones. The article does not provide an explanation of testicular ACE2 as a clearance mechanism. If their hypothesis was true we should observe clinical symptoms such as testicular inflammation etc. which as far as I know is not a common symptom. There has been no suggestion that reduced testicular function or reduced fertility is an outcome of this virus – a previous report suggesting that men that had contracted the disease had reduced fertility was then retracted. Also we already know temporary reduction in number of spermatozoi can be observed with high fever of any cause.
“Importantly, another study has shown that there was no sign of the virus in the semen of infected men. This, together with observation that the virus does not travel through the bloodstream, makes the possibility of the testis being a reservoir of the virus unlikely.

https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/expert-reaction-to-preprint-on-testes-and-the-covid-19-virus-sars-cov-2/

High_Plains_Drifter
04-20-2020, 05:35 AM
Sorry, but my nads aren't going anywhere. You want to hack them off, then you might as well just kill me.