PDA

View Full Version : The Christian Faith is Treated Much Differently - I Think It's Treated unfairly

jimnyc
04-21-2020, 12:31 PM
He is 100% spot on here, and within a few days he will be a racist for this too, and 2 days after that his christian supporters as well.

We've seen a lot of stories during this virus alone on churches. Inside, outside, in cars. How much have you in fact seen about gatherings at mosques? Perhaps I truly missed it, but I have yet to read a single story myself. Same with pretty much every other religion. This was long before Trump too. Not sure why.

I hope they don't bother mosques starting in 2 days, as it will be the month of Ramadan. But the same level of respect afforded to them should be afforded to others. Why such negativity with anything Islam, but the attacks on Christianity has been ongoing for years now, and no hesitation about it.

Anyone know why?

--

Trump: 'The Christian Faith is Treated Much Differently Than It Was and I Think It's Treated Very Unfairly'

(CNSNews.com) -- When asked whether state authorities will enforce social distancing rules "for mosques during Ramadan" as they did for Christian churches "during Easter," President Donald Trump said he would "like to see that," but added he has seen "a great disparity" in America when it comes to enforcement of the distancing rules.

Trump also said, "I don't know what happened with our country but the Christian faith is treated much differently than it was. And I think it's treated very unfairly."

During a press conference on April 18, a reporter asked the president about one of his retweets. The original tweet was by reporter Paul Sperry, who wrote on April 14, "Let's see if authorities enforce the social-distancing orders for mosques during Ramadan (April 23-May 23) like they did churches during Easter."

President Trump replied, "I would like to see that. And, you know, I just spoke with leaders and people that love mosques; they love mosques, and I'm all in favor of that. But I would say that there could be a difference. And we'll have to see what will happen, because I've seen a great disparity in this country. I've seen a great disparity."

"I mean, I've seen a very strong anti-Israel bent in Congress with Democrats," said Trump. "It was unthinkable seven or eight or 10 years ago. And now they're into a whole different thing between [Rep. Ilhan] Omar and AOC -- I say AOC plus three. Add them on."

"I mean, the things that they say about Israel are so bad," added Trump. And I -- I can't believe it."

Trump continued, "Now -- just a minute. So I would be interested to see that, because they go after Christian churches, but they don't tend to go after mosques. And I don't want them to go after mosques, but I do want to see what their -- what their bent is."

Rest - https://www.cnsnews.com/index.php/article/washington/michael-w-chapman/trump-christian-faith-treated-much-differently-it-was-and-i