PDA

View Full Version : NIH Warns Against Using Antimalarial Drug Touted by Trump

jimnyc
04-22-2020, 11:37 AM
In fairness, since I posted so much positive about the Hydroxy mix of medication that was a life saver for many. There has now been more and more taking over time, and studies of sorts, and it's not as positive as Trump and/or myself touted. I mean, I knew it was an outlier to begin with, but one that was having some success, fighting a new disease that has no vaccine. I still say that if I end up on a ventilator and it ain't looking good - give it to me!!

But the numbers aren't like 699 - 0 like reported by a doctor in NY. That same success rate isn't everywhere, and there are surely some side effects that can be much much worse for some.

Perhaps the other one, remdesivir or however you spell it, might be better as an outlier. Perhaps neither has a great success rate, but I haven't heard of any potential heart issues with that one. :dunno:

I still think it should be up to your doctor who knows your entire history. Surely don't drink fish tank cleaner just because it has the name in it. :)

--

NIH Warns Against Using Antimalarial Drug Touted by Trump

Doctors should not treat coronavirus patients with experimental drugs unless it is part of a clinical trial, the National Institutes of Health panel said in new guidelines issued Tuesday.

The guidelines give medical professional details on what drugs to use and when, how to provide extra oxygen to patients struggling to breathe and outlines side effects and complications patients with the coronavirus may experience.

The panel specifically advises against using the combination of antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine with the antibiotic azithromycin because of potential toxic side effects.

The combination has been touted by President Donald Trump for weeks as an effective treatment even though there is no medical recommendation to use the drugs.

The new recommendations also warn against using other experimental drugs due to “insufficient clinical data to recommend either for or against using chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine for the treatment of COVID-19.”

The health experts say experimental drugs should only be administered as part of a clinical trial.

Rest - https://www.newsmax.com/us/nih-hydroxychloroquine-drug-clinical-trial/2020/04/22/id/964072/

Kathianne
04-22-2020, 11:43 AM
In fairness, since I posted so much positive about the Hydroxy mix of medication that was a life saver for many. There has now been more and more taking over time, and studies of sorts, and it's not as positive as Trump and/or myself touted. I mean, I knew it was an outlier to begin with, but one that was having some success, fighting a new disease that has no vaccine. I still say that if I end up on a ventilator and it ain't looking good - give it to me!!

But the numbers aren't like 699 - 0 like reported by a doctor in NY. That same success rate isn't everywhere, and there are surely some side effects that can be much much worse for some.

Perhaps the other one, remdesivir or however you spell it, might be better as an outlier. Perhaps neither has a great success rate, but I haven't heard of any potential heart issues with that one. :dunno:

I still think it should be up to your doctor who knows your entire history. Surely don't drink fish tank cleaner just because it has the name in it. :)

--

NIH Warns Against Using Antimalarial Drug Touted by Trump

Doctors should not treat coronavirus patients with experimental drugs unless it is part of a clinical trial, the National Institutes of Health panel said in new guidelines issued Tuesday.

The guidelines give medical professional details on what drugs to use and when, how to provide extra oxygen to patients struggling to breathe and outlines side effects and complications patients with the coronavirus may experience.

The panel specifically advises against using the combination of antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine with the antibiotic azithromycin because of potential toxic side effects.

The combination has been touted by President Donald Trump for weeks as an effective treatment even though there is no medical recommendation to use the drugs.

The new recommendations also warn against using other experimental drugs due to “insufficient clinical data to recommend either for or against using chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine for the treatment of COVID-19.”

The health experts say experimental drugs should only be administered as part of a clinical trial.

Rest - https://www.newsmax.com/us/nih-hydroxychloroquine-drug-clinical-trial/2020/04/22/id/964072/

My feelings about any untested drug use should be only in emergency. The anti-malarial seemed to save the lives of many seriously ill, as a last resort. Alive with heart damage or dead without? I'd try it then.

It may even have worked as a protector for some, but it seems it was overused without much control?

Hot Dogger
04-22-2020, 12:34 PM
NIH, I took part in several experimental medical trials, so I can say for certain that you're wrong here. Hydroxychloroquine has been shown to work. And with the leftover pills you can make an awesome gin and tonic, I recommend using Bombay or Boodle's. And coat the glass with a lemon peel first. Smashing.

jimnyc
04-22-2020, 01:25 PM
NIH, I took part in several experimental medical trials, so I can say for certain that you're wrong here. Hydroxychloroquine has been shown to work. And with the leftover pills you can make an awesome gin and tonic, I recommend using Bombay or Boodle's. And coat the glass with a lemon peel first. Smashing.

I don't know about wrong. I've touted it all along too, and would surely want it if I got good and sick. It's just that I want to point out that it's not a "miracle drug", and that there are potential problems.

Kathianne
04-22-2020, 02:31 PM
Some problems with this study, which the MSM ignored though those doing the research didn't:

https://pjmedia.com/trending/five-problems-with-the-study-that-claims-more-deaths-from-treating-coronavirus-with-hydroxychloroquine/

hjmick
04-22-2020, 03:44 PM

I prefer Aviation American Gin...

The owner and spokesperson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjDCH6SiMgo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3ygIj12Xy8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oUYfZfCFog

A commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqW3NwZu8Kc

A review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyprcqBfhUY

Yes... I know I have potentially derailed this thread...

Gunny
04-22-2020, 05:13 PM
My feelings about any untested drug use should be only in emergency. The anti-malarial seemed to save the lives of many seriously ill, as a last resort. Alive with heart damage or dead without? I'd try it then.

It may even have worked as a protector for some, but it seems it was overused without much control?Agreed. Side effects or die. Your choice. So what's it going to be?:rolleyes:

I'll take a shot at the side effects, thankyouverymuch and don't care much what some talking head has to say. We can hash out his professional opinion if I live :rolleyes:

Talk about stuck on stupid :rolleyes:

High_Plains_Drifter
04-22-2020, 05:49 PM
Why are they calling hydroxychloroquine "untested?" I surely call BS on that.

It was first used in 1834 to treat Lupis, and it was approved for medical use in the USA in 1955.

"Untested?"

High_Plains_Drifter
04-22-2020, 05:51 PM
Yep, that's why that one Dr. in the video I posted said DRINK SODA WATER, especially soda water with quinine in it, because that's basically what hydroxychloroquine is, and it can be a covid preventative.

I think I'd just use some sort of flavoring in it. I despise gin.

Gunny
04-22-2020, 06:22 PM
Here's how I am looking at it. I've been sitting here waiting on this virus to come take me on. I ain't doing jack shit until I have a go at the MFer.

As a preemptory strike? In THAT case I would have to consider the odds at the time. I'm not sure the possibility regardless how remote of being kept alive as a heart patient needing constant medical attention is something I'm going to run out and stand in line for.