PDA

View Full Version : Some Georgia Businesses Reopen Despite Trump's Criticism

jimnyc
04-24-2020, 12:11 PM
This is the way I was seeing and calling for things to happen. People keep their rights, open when ready, and use common sense and protections. Not everyone HAS to open. Folks know what is at stake, either way they face this.

A responsible approach, common sense, protections - and rights preserved.

--

Some Georgia Businesses Reopen Despite Trump's Criticism

Some Georgia businesses will reopen today in line with guidelines set forth by Gov. Brian Kemp despite warnings from President Donald Trump and health officials it is too soon.

Gov. Kemp issued an order allowing gyms, hair and nail salons, bowling alleys and some other businesses to reopen today. On Monday, dine-in services in restaurant, movie theaters and other entertainment venues will be allowed to open.

The decision to reopen drew criticism from Trump on Wednesday. A day before he praised Kemp’s reopening plan.

"I love those people that use all of those things — the spas and beauty parlors, barbershops, tattoo parlors,” Trump said during a White House briefing. "I love them. But they can wait a little bit longer. Just a little bit — not much. Because safety has to predominate."

But some business owners won’t heed any additional warnings. They say they can’t wait to welcome clients back.

Owner of Kids Kuts Salon Sabra Dupree told NBC News she will be open for business today.

"We have the appointments scattered and masks to accommodate staff and clients," Dupree told NBC News on Thursday. "We cannot social distance this virus into nonexistence.”

She told the network she rearranged her salon and removed workstations and she is reducing the number of stylists and clients allowed in the salon at a time to follow the governor's social distancing and hygiene requirements. She will also be taking the temperatures of customers before they can enter the salon.

A Gold’s Gym in Lawrenceville will reopen Monday, but not before staff members are trained on extra cleaning measures.

Owner Adam Ponzio said his trainers will be teaching members how to properly sanitize equipment. On every other piece of cardio equipment there will be a sign reminding people of social distancing guidelines. There will be no group fitness classes, tanning or access to the sauna. Staff members will distribute microfiber towels and sanitizing spray.

But not all business owners are taking the risk.

Salon owners Kevin and Labriah Holt posted on social media they will not open Friday.

"We can't wait to welcome all our Sweetroots family back when it is safe to do so," the social media post states. "That will not be this Friday.”

https://www.newsmax.com/us/georgia-economy-brian-kemp/2020/04/24/id/964486/

Kathianne
04-24-2020, 12:17 PM
This is the way I was seeing and calling for things to happen. People keep their rights, open when ready, and use common sense and protections. Not everyone HAS to open. Folks know what is at stake, either way they face this.

A responsible approach, common sense, protections - and rights preserved.

--

Some Georgia Businesses Reopen Despite Trump's Criticism

Some Georgia businesses will reopen today in line with guidelines set forth by Gov. Brian Kemp despite warnings from President Donald Trump and health officials it is too soon.

Gov. Kemp issued an order allowing gyms, hair and nail salons, bowling alleys and some other businesses to reopen today. On Monday, dine-in services in restaurant, movie theaters and other entertainment venues will be allowed to open.

The decision to reopen drew criticism from Trump on Wednesday. A day before he praised Kemp’s reopening plan.

"I love those people that use all of those things — the spas and beauty parlors, barbershops, tattoo parlors,” Trump said during a White House briefing. "I love them. But they can wait a little bit longer. Just a little bit — not much. Because safety has to predominate."

But some business owners won’t heed any additional warnings. They say they can’t wait to welcome clients back.

Owner of Kids Kuts Salon Sabra Dupree told NBC News she will be open for business today.

"We have the appointments scattered and masks to accommodate staff and clients," Dupree told NBC News on Thursday. "We cannot social distance this virus into nonexistence.”

She told the network she rearranged her salon and removed workstations and she is reducing the number of stylists and clients allowed in the salon at a time to follow the governor's social distancing and hygiene requirements. She will also be taking the temperatures of customers before they can enter the salon.

A Gold’s Gym in Lawrenceville will reopen Monday, but not before staff members are trained on extra cleaning measures.

Owner Adam Ponzio said his trainers will be teaching members how to properly sanitize equipment. On every other piece of cardio equipment there will be a sign reminding people of social distancing guidelines. There will be no group fitness classes, tanning or access to the sauna. Staff members will distribute microfiber towels and sanitizing spray.

But not all business owners are taking the risk.

Salon owners Kevin and Labriah Holt posted on social media they will not open Friday.

"We can't wait to welcome all our Sweetroots family back when it is safe to do so," the social media post states. "That will not be this Friday.”

https://www.newsmax.com/us/georgia-economy-brian-kemp/2020/04/24/id/964486/

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Obviously, just like the kids kutters, some parents would not bring their kids today, but next week? Competition will also kick in, don't you think? Not just with the hair salons, but any businesses where some open, some don't. Then there will be that between the states, some will open responsibly, some quickly without much plan. Then competition will kick in?

I'm just looking at human nature and that yes, every crisis opens opportunities, it may seem that he that moves first, gets the payoff. May not be true in the long run, but rarely does anyone keep the long view.

jimnyc
04-24-2020, 12:24 PM
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Obviously, just like the kids kutters, some parents would not bring their kids today, but next week? Competition will also kick in, don't you think? Not just with the hair salons, but any businesses where some open, some don't. Then there will be that between the states, some will open responsibly, some quickly without much plan. Then competition will kick in?

I'm just looking at human nature and that yes, every crisis opens opportunities, it may seem that he that moves first, gets the payoff. May not be true in the long run, but rarely does anyone keep the long view.

And of course I think it goes without saying, that if a breakout should happen in a more or less newly re-opened area, shut her back down depending on how bad.

Kathianne
04-24-2020, 12:31 PM
And of course I think it goes without saying, that if a breakout should happen in a more or less newly re-opened area, shut her back down depending on how bad.

I'm not certain that's going to be possible. I think the possibility that governments went too far can't be walked back, some did. They KNOW they did as evidenced of walkbacks when faced with promises of lawsuits.