PDA

View Full Version : California Tried To Force Background Checks For Ammo

jimnyc
04-24-2020, 01:01 PM
Chip chip away. Luckily this lost.

--

California Tried To Force Background Checks For Ammo. A Judge Sided With The Second Amendment.

A federal judge has blocked a California law that required law-abiding residents to go through a background check every time they purchased ammunition.

The Associated Press reported that U.S. District Judge Roger Benitez ruled against the state of California on Thursday, taking the state to task for its “onerous and convoluted” regulations that violated residents’ Second Amendment rights.

“The experiment has been tried. The casualties have been counted. California’s new ammunition background check law misfires and the Second Amendment rights of California citizens have been gravely injured,” Benitez wrote in his 120-page opinion.

“Criminals, tyrants, and terrorists don’t do background checks,” he added. “The background check experiment defies common sense while unduly and severely burdening the Second Amendment rights of every responsible, gun-owning citizen desiring to lawfully buy ammunition.”

Benitez explained that even though the law was supposed to stop criminals from buying ammunition, it denied ammo to law-abiding gun owners 16% of the time. Also, the judge wrote, the state ban on importing ammo from other states violated federal interstate commerce laws, the AP reported. The law, Benitez argued, kept out-of-state sellers from reaching California’s market, which violates federal law.

California Attorney General Xavier Becerra, a Democrat, argued in an earlier court filing that the background checks on ammo had successfully stopped more than 750 people from illegally purchasing ammunition between July 2019 and January 2020. The state also argued that the background checks took about five minutes to complete.

“There is no substantial impediment,” the state argued, according to the AP. “Ammunition purchasers must pass an eligibility check that, in the vast majority of cases, delays a purchase by a few minutes.”

Rest - https://www.dailywire.com/news/california-tried-to-force-background-checks-for-ammo-a-judge-sided-with-the-second-amendment

High_Plains_Drifter
04-24-2020, 04:54 PM
... "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"...

Hard to imagine how it is that in America these little jr Hitler leftist ass wipes actually get away with laws that are blatantly unconstitutional. Not necessarily in this instance, but there's a plethora of others.

Hot Dogger
04-24-2020, 05:28 PM
California used to be chock full of radical leftist hippies who wanted nothing more than to be well-armed in order to take on "The Man". I wonder what happened? Maybe they put something in the LSD?

;)

High_Plains_Drifter
04-24-2020, 08:54 PM
California used to be chock full of radical leftist hippies who wanted nothing more than to be well-armed in order to take on "The Man". I wonder what happened? Maybe they put something in the LSD?

;)
Leftism group think happened. Their handlers decided guns were bad, the memo was sent out, and without question that was what they all believed from that point on.

Evmetro
04-24-2020, 09:26 PM
A victory for the constitution. Lefties are constantly trying to dismantle the constitution, but we won this one for now.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-24-2020, 09:35 PM
A victory for the constitution. Lefties are constantly trying to dismantle the constitution, but we won this one for now.
Heck I think the left hating guns is a wonderful thing...

https://i.ibb.co/ftPvBWK/hppitbw8uody.jpg (https://ibb.co/WFYtqXd)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-24-2020, 10:41 PM
... "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"...

Hard to imagine how it is that in America these little jr Hitler leftist ass wipes actually get away with laws that are blatantly unconstitutional. Not necessarily in this instance, but there's a plethora of others.

Here in Tennessee, in Millington Wal-mart about 6/7 weeks ago I went to buy some 16ga and 410ga shotgun shells, the clerk refused to sell them to me unless I showed my drivers license. After I cussed him and demanded to know when this insanity became law, he answered he didnt know but if I wanted to buy the shells, I would have to show my driver's license. I did and bought two boxes of each.
How is this not an infringement on the 2nd amendment rights?
What if I did not have a driver's license?
THIS TYPE OF UNCONSTITUTIONAL CRAP COMES FROM THE COMMUNIST DEM PARTY .
The true traitors to this nation, imho.
I judge any person voting dem to be nothing less than a damn fool or else a wiling traitor!
And there is not a damn one of them that I'd not say that to them face to face man to man. ffing pos. scum...-Tyr

Gunny
04-24-2020, 10:49 PM
I can't figure out how these dumb left-handed states blunder around blind like they do when IL has come up with the perfect (so far) circumvention of 2nd Amendment Rights I've seen so far. Not that I'm on their side at all but in IL you have to have Firearm Owners ID card to possess/purchase firearms and/or ammunition. In other words, they register the person which effectively is registering the weapon/ammo.

Yet I see these other dumbass lefties trying all sorts of monkey flips to trample the US Constitution. You'd think they'd maybe share notes?:rolleyes:

High_Plains_Drifter
04-24-2020, 11:01 PM
Here in Tennessee, in Millington Wal-mart about 6/7 weeks ago I went to buy some 16ga and 410ga shotgun shells, the clerk refused to sell them to me unless I showed my drivers license. After I cussed him and demanded to know when this insanity became law, he answered he didnt know but if I wanted to buy the shells, I would have to show my driver's license. I did and bought two boxes of each.
How is this not an infringement on the 2nd amendment rights?
What if I did not have a driver's license?
THIS TYPE OF UNCONSTITUTIONAL CRAP COMES FROM THE COMMUNIST DEM PARTY .
The true traitors to this nation, imho.
I judge any person voting dem to be nothing less than a damn fool or else a wiling traitor!
And there is not a damn one of them that I'd not say that to them face to face man to man. ffing pos. scum...-Tyr
Same thing here in WI. I bought a Remington model 700, 300 Winchester Mag and wanted to get some ammo for it at walmart. They asked for my DL and I also asked why. They said store policy. I reluctantly showed it but that's the last time I'll buy ammo from a walmart. There's tons of other places to buy ammo up here that don't play those dumbass leftist games.

I'm staying out of walmart period. I hate that freakin' store.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-24-2020, 11:02 PM
I can't figure out how these dumb left-handed states blunder around blind like they do when IL has come up with the perfect (so far) circumvention of 2nd Amendment Rights I've seen so far. Not that I'm on their side at all but in IL you have to have Firearm Owners ID card to possess/purchase firearms and/or ammunition. In other words, they register the person which effectively is registering the weapon/ammo.

Yet I see these other dumbass lefties trying all sorts of monkey flips to trample the US Constitution. You'd think they'd maybe share notes?:rolleyes:
That's why all the FIB's come up here to WI to our guns shows to buy guns.

But we've gotten wise to it. Most of the people at the gun shows that are just private sellers ask to see your WI DL. Not that they're taking down any of the info on it because they don't, they just want to see that you're a WI resident before they sell you a gun.

Evmetro
04-25-2020, 11:59 PM
Heard the commies overturned this development already, and background checks are back again.