PDA

View Full Version : Chi Com coronavirus T shirt

Evmetro
04-24-2020, 11:28 PM
I just bought the Coronavirus T shirt off the https://thelibertydaily.com/ website. It cost me 20 bucks plus 5 shipping. Couldn't help myself...

It says "coronavirus" in big red letters, and then "made in communist china" in white letters.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-25-2020, 12:23 AM
I just bought the Coronavirus T shirt off the https://thelibertydaily.com/ website. It cost me 20 bucks plus 5 shipping. Couldn't help myself...

It says "coronavirus" in big red letters, and then "made in communist china" in white letters.
Never seen that website before... I bookmarked it... the conservative drudge.

Evmetro
04-25-2020, 12:59 AM

Yea, I went to drudge 3 times a day for 20 years until the site went commie. I have about 6 months now of visiting the liberty daily 3 times a day. TLD was a seamless switch for me, it's like nothing ever changed other than the url. TLD is even better than Drudge ever was.

Evmetro
04-25-2020, 01:03 AM
I bought the t shirt with Reagan on it from TLD for the same price a couple months ago. Good quality t shirt, but I was not impressed with the quality of the graphics. I get lots of thumbs up and good comments about it though. I'll give a review of the coronavirus t shirt when it arrives. The site said it may be a slow ship, we shall see.

SassyLady
04-25-2020, 05:11 AM
Visited that site after you mentioned it. Some of the headlines are extremely biased in their language for a news source. Yes, it's just links to same stories as everywhere else but some ugly wording for headlines.

Not my cup of tea.

Evmetro
04-25-2020, 11:17 AM
Visited that site after you mentioned it. Some of the headlines are extremely biased in their language for a news source. Yes, it's just links to same stories as everywhere else but some ugly wording for headlines.

Not my cup of tea.

Indeed, TLD is a right leaning site. I like how they use extremely accurate terms like "chi com virus", instead of choosing politically correct terms that lefties need to hear. Seeing the straight truth in the headlines like that is a breath of fresh air these days.

Evmetro
04-25-2020, 12:00 PM

Not my cup of tea.

I have an unusually broad appetite for news, propaganda, and media, that covers everything between fringe right and fringe left. The reason for this is I am objectively searching for the truth, which is something I don't think can be found. I gladly search lefty media like daily kos, vox, cnn,or MSNBC, and I search way far right stuff like rumor mill and youtube wingnuts. I dont trust any of it, but I use ALL of it in my attempts to triangulate the " most likely" truth. I have found that some of the best sources of information comes from media that is "not my cup of tea" as you described, and that I am more likely to swallow the hook when I am consuming media that aligns with my ideology bias or is "my cup of tea." I cannot begin to imagine how somebody would decline to consume media because it doesn't sound nice. If you are not careful, you can become a lefty. Limiting media to what you like to hear creates lefties.

SassyLady
04-25-2020, 01:05 PM
I have an unusually broad appetite for news, propaganda, and media, that covers everything between fringe right and fringe left. The reason for this is I am objectively searching for the truth, which is something I don't think can be found. I gladly search lefty media like daily kos, vox, cnn,or MSNBC, and I search way far right stuff like rumor mill and youtube wingnuts. I dont trust any of it, but I use ALL of it in my attempts to triangulate the " most likely" truth. I have found that some of the best sources of information comes from media that is "not my cup of tea" as you described, and that I am more likely to swallow the hook when I am consuming media that aligns with my ideology bias or is "my cup of tea." I cannot begin to imagine how somebody would decline to consume media because it doesn't sound nice. If you are not careful, you can become a lefty. Limiting media to what you like to hear creates lefties.

I read the same stories that the site linked to without wading through disgusting extremist language headlines. Referring to the virus as chi com virus isn't needed to introduce a news link .....unless, of course, that type of language excites one enough to follow the link.

AllSides is a great place to see same info presented from three different aspects .... right, middle and left. Read the headlines for each story and you can see such obvious bias.

As for forcing myself to read extremely biased info to get to the truth ... not necessary. Discernment is great tool. That little tool is telling me that your website is not something I need to add to my info sources to get the truth of the matter.

AllSides
https://www.allsides.com/unbiased-balanced-news

SassyLady
04-25-2020, 02:15 PM
Evmetro

Do you use this site?

https://renewedright.com/news/

Gunny
04-25-2020, 09:35 PM

It says "coronavirus" in big red letters, and then "made in communist china" in white letters.I'm pondering this. Black t-shirts in S Texas aren't exactly the wway one wants to go during summer, but I'm thinking about making an exception.

Hell, maybe I can piss someone off :)

Evmetro
04-25-2020, 10:44 PM
I read the same stories that the site linked to without wading through disgusting extremist language headlines. Referring to the virus as chi com virus isn't needed to introduce a news link .....unless, of course, that type of language excites one enough to follow the link.

AllSides is a great place to see same info presented from three different aspects .... right, middle and left. Read the headlines for each story and you can see such obvious bias.

As for forcing myself to read extremely biased info to get to the truth ... not necessary. Discernment is great tool. That little tool is telling me that your website is not something I need to add to my info sources to get the truth of the matter.

AllSides

"Wading through disgusting extremist language" is critical if an objective evaluation of the political landscape is the goal, since it makes up a percentage of the entire media spectrum. Rejecting and consciously ignoring ANY portion of the broad media spectrum creates self imposed ignorance. The AllSides sight that you provided is a neutered compilation of media meant for those who have a subjective agenda of having their news served up in nice politically correct headlines, or those who are still caught up in sorting bias, but I welcome it. They are attempting to cover more of the media and bias spectrum than other media sources do, but their single lens is not wide enough to cover much more than the msm and maybe Fox. I welcome AllSides since it is yet another source of news, propaganda, and media that I can use to search for the elusive truth. I do not trust the TLD site that I enjoy so much, and I do not trust your site, but I rely upon each of them to provide their separate and unique percentages of the broad spectrum.

Evmetro
04-25-2020, 10:51 PM
I'm pondering this. Black t-shirts in S Texas aren't exactly the wway one wants to go during summer, but I'm thinking about making an exception.

Hell, maybe I can piss someone off :)

I'll provide a review when I get mine. I'm anxious to wear the Chi Com message around town...

I wear political t shirts often, and the one that gets the most attention is the one that says: "Is that true, or did you hear that on CNN?" Maga attire gets a few thumbs up and a few scouls, but lots of people seem to relate to and laugh about the CNN one.

Evmetro
04-25-2020, 11:42 PM
As for forcing myself to read extremely biased info to get to the truth ... not necessary. Discernment is great tool.

I isolated this from the rest of your post, since it doesn't add up to me. Discernment refers to an ability to obtain sharp perceptions, or an ability to judge very well. Perhaps your discernment tool that is based upon lots of life experience can give you a remarkable ability to judge or perceive in the absence of sufficient information, but this tool is more useful if you have more information. If you refuse to sort through what you perceive as extremely biased information (most media sources are) to find the the truth, I dont think your discernment tool will do as much for you as you think. The more info you have, the sharper your perception and judgement. The part of your post that I isolated here sounds more like a garden variety lefty, and I think there is more to you than that.

SassyLady
04-26-2020, 01:51 AM
I isolated this from the rest of your post, since it doesn't add up to me. Discernment refers to an ability to obtain sharp perceptions, or an ability to judge very well. Perhaps your discernment tool that is based upon lots of life experience can give you a remarkable ability to judge or perceive in the absence of sufficient information, but this tool is more useful if you have more information. If you refuse to sort through what you perceive as extremely biased information (most media sources are) to find the the truth, I dont think your discernment tool will do as much for you as you think. The more info you have, the sharper your perception and judgement. The part of your post that I isolated here sounds more like a garden variety lefty, and I think there is more to you than that.

Not a garden variety leftie ... You don't know me well enough to make that type of judgement. And you won't until you read everything I've posted so that you can actually discern what type of person I am. And, according to your stated philosophy, you need to use multiple sources to determine what is true. DP will be your only source so you will never have enough info to make that determination.

I just don't choose to inundate myself with extremist views....don't feel it's necessary in order to determine what is true. There are plenty of news sources that present news without sensationalized extremist headlines. I don't avoid opposing views about an issue ... I just choose those that are less biased in their headlines.

Drummond
04-26-2020, 07:57 AM

Just took a look at that link. Looks interesting. I've bookmarked it too, Evmetro. Many thanks.

Drummond
04-26-2020, 08:16 AM

Taken on its own merits, Evmetro, you make your point very well. It hangs together logically, and so it comes across as persuasive.

But I see a flaw in your argument ... in terms of its application, anyway.

If you could look at Right wing information sources, and then Leftie information sources, and fully and comfortably equivocate between the two, and fairly weigh them by reliably taking as truth points from each, yours would be a highly reasonable approach. This is how it SHOULD be.

It's just not that simple, though.

It's in the nature of Left wing sources to propagandise. To inject bias. To weight facts in favour of their agenda, to pontificate from them and reach conclusions from them, while at the same time completely ignoring information that doesn't favour the bias.

Yesterday I saw an example posted by Kathianne of just that, on another thread. A biased piece, designed to say that the UK response to Covid-19 was shambolic. That piece included certain factual information, and ignored other facts that disproved the contention of the article.

My point is this: as a rule of thumb, you CANNOT take Left wing material on face value. 'Discern' from it what you will, but in doing that, are you being misled ? Is the whole discernment process corrupted, rendered useless, through propagandist deception ?

As I see it, you'd have two options: one, hope that counterbalancing Right wing material is 'on the case', and allows you to pick up on the deception. Or, two, just treat the Left wing material with such suspicion that you think it wiser to disregard it altogether.

Option one only works well if counterbalances to Left wing material will always be there, always read, always a part of achieving the proper balance. ANY failure of this to happen gives the Leftie 'disinformation' its unfair edge.

Option 2 is therefore far better. Discern from using material you feel you can trust, and actively, very deliberately, disregard the rest.

So it is that I don't equivocate myself, and I rely on Right wing sources whenever I can. I do it deliberately, because doing otherwise just isn't reasonable.

I recommend you do the same.

Evmetro
04-26-2020, 11:17 AM
Not a garden variety leftie ... You don't know me well enough to make that type of judgement. And you won't until you read everything I've posted so that you can actually discern what type of person I am. And, according to your stated philosophy, you need to use multiple sources to determine what is true. DP will be your only source so you will never have enough info to make that determination.

I just don't choose to inundate myself with extremist views....don't feel it's necessary in order to determine what is true. There are plenty of news sources that present news without sensationalized extremist headlines. I don't avoid opposing views about an issue ... I just choose those that are less biased in their headlines.

The part of your post that I isolated sounds like a garden variety lefty for the reasons that I described. When you interpret my comment about that part I isolated as meaning that I am judging your entire character to be a garden variety lefty, it appears that you are establishing a victim role in our debate, kinda like a garden variety lefty does. I do not know much about you, but your rejection of news that isn't friendly enough made me suspicious that you might be a snowflake. Are you a lefty?

Evmetro
04-26-2020, 11:30 AM
Taken on its own merits, Evmetro, you make your point very well. It hangs together logically, and so it comes across as persuasive.

But I see a flaw in your argument ... in terms of its application, anyway.

If you could look at Right wing information sources, and then Leftie information sources, and fully and comfortably equivocate between the two, and fairly weigh them by reliably taking as truth points from each, yours would be a highly reasonable approach. This is how it SHOULD be.

It's just not that simple, though.

It's in the nature of Left wing sources to propagandise. To inject bias. To weight facts in favour of their agenda, to pontificate from them and reach conclusions from them, while at the same time completely ignoring information that doesn't favour the bias.

Yesterday I saw an example posted by Kathianne of just that, on another thread. A biased piece, designed to say that the UK response to Covid-19 was shambolic. That piece included certain factual information, and ignored other facts that disproved the contention of the article.

My point is this: as a rule of thumb, you CANNOT take Left wing material on face value. 'Discern' from it what you will, but in doing that, are you being misled ? Is the whole discernment process corrupted, rendered useless, through propagandist deception ?

As I see it, you'd have two options: one, hope that counterbalancing Right wing material is 'on the case', and allows you to pick up on the deception. Or, two, just treat the Left wing material with such suspicion that you think it wiser to disregard it altogether.

Option one only works well if counterbalances to Left wing material will always be there, always read, always a part of achieving the proper balance. ANY failure of this to happen gives the Leftie 'disinformation' its unfair edge.

Option 2 is therefore far better. Discern from using material you feel you can trust, and actively, very deliberately, disregard the rest.

So it is that I don't equivocate myself, and I rely on Right wing sources whenever I can. I do it deliberately, because doing otherwise just isn't reasonable.

I recommend you do the same.

Very well put, thanks. I confess to studying a broader range of media than what people typically use, but that is because I am a bit of a news junkie. One of the things that comes with this is that I have had to learn about the nature of each ideology bias, according to what kind if media I am consuming. The inherent corruption that comes with lefty media is very easy to adjust to. Most of the time, one only needs to zoom out a little to see how the context was manipulated. It doesn't take long to get your sea legs when you wade through all that corruption and deception.

SassyLady
04-26-2020, 12:08 PM
The part of your post that I isolated sounds like a garden variety lefty for the reasons that I described. When you interpret my comment about that part I isolated as meaning that I am judging your entire character to be a garden variety lefty, it appears that you are establishing a victim role in our debate, kinda like a garden variety lefty does. I do not know much about you, but your rejection of news that isn't friendly enough made me suspicious that you might be a snowflake. Are you a lefty?

Do your research and determine for yourself.

The fact that you start categorizing someone right away because they don't adhere to your idea of news gathering seems to be a garden lefty type of tactic. Name calling and shaming. You've now referred to me as a leftie, snowflake and a victim. Are you a garden variety lefty trying to disguise yourself as a conservative?

Drummond
04-26-2020, 12:14 PM
Very well put, thanks. I confess to studying a broader range of media than what people typically use, but that is because I am a bit of a news junkie. One of the things that comes with this is that I have had to learn about the nature of each ideology bias, according to what kind if media I am consuming. The inherent corruption that comes with lefty media is very easy to adjust to. Most of the time, one only needs to zoom out a little to see how the context was manipulated. It doesn't take long to get your sea legs when you wade through all that corruption and deception.

Well, if you can do that, I applaud you for it. Brilliant.

I agree. If you're sufficiently aware of what you're dealing with, sufficiently primed, then with proper care you can manage well.

So I concede your argument, with thanks. Happy studying !

Just one belated point, though. Evmetro, Sassylady deserves a break. She's a good and solid Conservative, and she earned my respect for that long ago, and no doubt always will do. If you're willing to listen to my advice, it's to start regarding her with that same respect ... and reflect it in your future posting.

Sassy absolutely deserves no less.

I hope I make myself clear.

Drummond
04-26-2020, 12:23 PM
Do your research and determine for yourself.

The fact that you start categorizing someone right away because they don't adhere to your idea of news gathering seems to be a garden lefty type of tactic. Name calling and shaming. You've now referred to me as a leftie, snowflake and a victim. Are you a garden variety lefty trying to disguise yourself as a conservative?

One can't be too careful. I absolutely get that, Sassy. Be forever vigilant.

Even so ... I've just read this:

The inherent corruption that comes with lefty media is very easy to adjust to.

I've never yet had dealings with any Leftie who was willing to characterise their media in that way; they're too loyal to doctrine to bring themselves to reveal such a truth. So, I'm willing to give our newcomer the benefit of the doubt.

If that's wrong, then the truth will eventually surface, Sassy. It always does.

SassyLady
04-26-2020, 12:30 PM
One can't be too careful. I absolutely get that, Sassy. Be forever vigilant.

Even so ... I've just read this:

I've never yet had dealings with any Leftie who was willing to characterise their media in that way; they're too loyal to doctrine to bring themselves to reveal such a truth. So, I'm willing to give our newcomer the benefit of the doubt.

If that's wrong, then the truth will eventually surface, Sassy. It always does.

I don't care one way or another if he's a leftie or rightie ..... what I do care about is someone making judgements and trying to shame others with name calling because they don't embrace their particular style of news sites.

I voiced an opinion about one of his news sites and suddenly I'm a leftie, snowflake and victim. He needs to do more of his vast research before he starts calling me names.

Drummond
04-26-2020, 12:41 PM
I don't care one way or another if he's a leftie or rightie ..... what I do care about is someone making judgements and trying to shame others with name calling because they don't embrace their particular style of news sites.

I voiced an opinion about one of his news sites and suddenly I'm a leftie, snowflake and victim. He needs to do more of his vast research before he starts calling me names.

Agreed. You're right.

Well, I've given Evmetro my own view, as you'll see, if you haven't already. I'm sorry to see you misjudged, ever.

Evmetro
04-26-2020, 08:53 PM

Can you quote me calling you a lefty snowflake, or victim? Why not actually show where my comments are flawed or inaccurate? Claiming to have been called any of these things is yet ANOTHER reply that builds your role as a victim. I've had no reason to suspect that you are a lefty before this thread, but every one of your posts on this thread reads like it was posted by a lefty. Thanks for the link to the AllSides website, I'm very happy to have yet another source of information to study in my objective search for the truth. AllSides obviously isn't all sides if it doesn't include sides that snowflakes can't handle, but it is still a valuable part of my objective search for the truth.

SassyLady
04-27-2020, 01:12 AM
Can you quote me calling you a lefty snowflake, or victim? Why not actually show where my comments are flawed or inaccurate? Claiming to have been called any of these things is yet ANOTHER reply that builds your role as a victim. I've had no reason to suspect that you are a lefty before this thread, but every one of your posts on this thread reads like it was posted by a lefty. Thanks for the link to the AllSides website, I'm very happy to have yet another source of information to study in my objective search for the truth. AllSides obviously isn't all sides if it doesn't include sides that snowflakes can't handle, but it is still a valuable part of my objective search for the truth.

Here ...

I am judging your entire character to be a garden variety lefty, it appears that you are establishing a victim role in our debate, kinda like a garden variety lefty does. I do not know much about you, but your rejection of news that isn't friendly enough made me suspicious that you might be a snowflake. Are you a lefty?

We are done with this conversation because you continue to try and use lefty shaming language because I don't agree with you instead of debating whether or not your website uses extreme language in their headlines. Typical leftist tactic to attack poster instead of debating facts.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-27-2020, 04:56 AM

AllSides

Sassylady, thanks-- I bookmarked the Allsides site.
Going to check it out this week.--Tyr

Drummond
04-27-2020, 06:21 AM

No, Evmetro. Sassy is right.

You're a newcomer here, and in principle it made sense to suppose that your unjust mischaracterisation of Sassylady could be a product of ignorance. But .. you've been corrected. So, why aren't you heeding that correction ?

Do you understand that, as well as your accusations / 'suspicions' being wrong-headed in the extreme, you've also no hope of gaining traction with them ? Sassy has been here for years. So have I. So have most of us. We KNOW her. We will know with unshakeable certainty that Sassy is no brand of 'Leftie', nor, I'm sure, ever could be.

But here you are, a newcomer, seemingly oblivious to all of that. You continue as you do. Logically, you can only be resisting correction because you choose to, and for no other reason.

That speaks of a certain wilfulness ... an agenda ? Which lends credence to the thought that, in truth, YES, you are most probably a Leftie yourself, agenda and purpose-driven, as one.

We know Sassy. You do not. Nothing of that weights your case in your favour. You illogically persist, nonetheless.

Seeing what you want to see, and nothing else, is a Leftie trait.

.... anyway, time will tell. From my perspective, you've made a deservedly bad start here. By all means, even if you are a Leftie yourself, represent that from a position of honesty, and advance your views, as one. Be HONESTLY what you ARE. Then, of course, your beliefs can be properly tested ... then, of course, comprehensively trounced. As they will be.

I promise you that.

Evmetro
04-27-2020, 08:03 AM
No, Evmetro. Sassy is right.

You're a newcomer here, and in principle it made sense to suppose that your unjust mischaracterisation of Sassylady could be a product of ignorance. But .. you've been corrected. So, why aren't you heeding that correction ?

Do you understand that, as well as your accusations / 'suspicions' being wrong-headed in the extreme, you've also no hope of gaining traction with them ? Sassy has been here for years. So have I. So have most of us. We KNOW her. We will know with unshakeable certainty that Sassy is no brand of 'Leftie', nor, I'm sure, ever could be.

But here you are, a newcomer, seemingly oblivious to all of that. You continue as you do. Logically, you can only be resisting correction because you choose to, and for no other reason.

That speaks of a certain wilfulness ... an agenda ? Which lends credence to the thought that, in truth, YES, you are most probably a Leftie yourself, agenda and purpose-driven, as one.

We know Sassy. You do not. Nothing of that weights your case in your favour. You illogically persist, nonetheless.

Seeing what you want to see, and nothing else, is a Leftie trait.

.... anyway, time will tell. From my perspective, you've made a deservedly bad start here. By all means, even if you are a Leftie yourself, represent that from a position of honesty, and advance your views, as one. Be HONESTLY what you ARE. Then, of course, your beliefs can be properly tested ... then, of course, comprehensively trounced. As they will be.

I promise you that.

I respect that many of you have been here awhile and that trust and relationships have been formed. All I have to go by is objective questioning. On that note, are YOU able to objectively zoom out on the context of post 25 to see the truth behind her quote of me? What do you see if you OBJECTIVELY look at the full and correct context of my post that she isolated her information from? Are you still comfortable with the context she used it in to quote me calling something that I did not? For that matter can YOU quote me using calling her a lefty?

Your long term knowledge of her ideology is certainly something that I respect and have no reason to doubt, but as a newcomer I do not have anything to go by other than what she has posted. She may be the furthest thing from a lefty, but from a newcomer perspective, her posts in this specific thread are reading pure lefty. Post 25 with the deceptive misuse of my quote is the most lefty like post so far.

Evmetro
04-27-2020, 08:31 AM
Here ...

We are done with this conversation because you continue to try and use lefty shaming language because I don't agree with you instead of debating whether or not your website uses extreme language in their headlines. Typical leftist tactic to attack poster instead of debating facts.

I don't understand why you are taking my words out of their correct context like this, it is what the msm does to get a headline. To the newcomer perspective, it feels like some kind of newcomer hazing or initiation to test my ability to trust that a righty posting like a lefty is really a righty. Hopefully, this will sharpen my discernment tool, and that we can make peace.

Regardless of what you and I are posting, I do see that a fellow member says you are not a lefty. Your taking offense to the notion that I am calling you a lefty suggests that you are not a lefty as well. Your posts on this particular thread are all reading lefty to my newcomer perspective, and I doubt we will ever get the debate between us on this thread straight. All I can do is assure you that I mean you no harm, especially if your perception that I am calling you a lefty hurts you.

Drummond
04-27-2020, 08:52 AM
I respect that many of you have been here awhile and that trust and relationships have been formed. All I have to go by is objective questioning. On that note, are YOU able to objectively zoom out on the context of post 25 to see the truth behind her quote of me? What do you see if you OBJECTIVELY look at the full and correct context of my post that she isolated her information from? Are you still comfortable with the context she used it in to quote me calling something that I did not? For that matter can YOU quote me using calling her a lefty?

Your long term knowledge of her ideology is certainly something that I respect and have no reason to doubt, but as a newcomer I do not have anything to go by other than what she has posted. She may be the furthest thing from a lefty, but from a newcomer perspective, her posts in this specific thread are reading pure lefty. Post 25 with the deceptive misuse of my quote is the most lefty like post so far.

The answer to all of this, ultimately, is remarkably simple. Yet, you're seemingly determined not to recognise it ... and I have to wonder 'why'.

Trust and relationships have indeed formed. Of course they have, and from a good and solid basis.

You recognise the process. You studiously ignore and dismiss its value. Why is that ?

Sassy is known here not from just a couple of posts in one thread, but from a great many posts in many threads. I suggest to you that they all count for something.

You are new here. But you're also showing us - if I may be blunt - unsupportable arrogance. Trust and long-standing, detailed proof of the basis for it, easily outweigh (& massively so) the case which you still persist in trying to build.

Speaking for myself, I'll only say that the more determined your effort, the more questionable your true motivations become.

I'm saying no more on this.

Evmetro
04-27-2020, 09:57 AM
The answer to all of this, ultimately, is remarkably simple. Yet, you're seemingly determined not to recognise it ... and I have to wonder 'why'.

Trust and relationships have indeed formed. Of course they have, and from a good and solid basis.

You recognise the process. You studiously ignore and dismiss its value. Why is that ?

Sassy is known here not from just a couple of posts in one thread, but from a great many posts in many threads. I suggest to you that they all count for something.

You are new here. But you're also showing us - if I may be blunt - unsupportable arrogance. Trust and long-standing, detailed proof of the basis for it, easily outweigh (& massively so) the case which you still persist in trying to build.

Speaking for myself, I'll only say that the more determined your effort, the more questionable your true motivations become.

I'm saying no more on this.
You didn't actually say anything here, considering that I already stated that I recognized that relationships had already been formed. I also stated that I respected those. Loyalty to your friendship with sassy can certainly be worth more than the posts of a newcomer, regardless of the actual truth. I respect your decision to steer clear of being objective, and of the way sassy misused the quote in post 25. Some of your earlier posts suggested that you had some interest in objective discussion, but I certainly respect that the loyalty of your friendship with her is more important.

I may not be a fit for this small community, especially if objective discussion and debate are not welcome. There is much for a newcomer to learn about the social ins and outs of such a small community, but I will hang on a little longer. It would be strange for me to have to drop my position on this thread without seeing an objective agreement of everything that has been said, but it really is fascinating to see such a notion in play.

Drummond
04-27-2020, 10:34 AM
You didn't actually say anything here, considering that I already stated that I recognized that relationships had already been formed. I also stated that I respected those. Loyalty to your friendship with sassy can certainly be worth more than the posts of a newcomer, regardless of the actual truth. I respect your decision to steer clear of being objective, and of the way sassy misused the quote in post 25. Some of your earlier posts suggested that you had some interest in objective discussion, but I certainly respect that the loyalty of your friendship with her is more important.

I may not be a fit for this small community, especially if objective discussion and debate are not welcome. There is much for a newcomer to learn about the social ins and outs of such a small community, but I will hang on a little longer. It would be strange for me to have to drop my position on this thread without seeing an objective agreement of everything that has been said, but it really is fascinating to see such a notion in play.

Manipulative, aren't you ?

I haven't 'steered clear of being objective'. I say this because objectivity comes from certain knowledge and its recognition.

I recognise the truth of Sassy. I have told you what it is. It is your subjectivity (based on what motivation ?) which governs your rejection of that certain knowledge. Knowledge built from years of experience.

You are cherrypicking what you want to consider, and arrogance continues to motivate you. You can arrogantly, lacking all objectivity, dismiss all you're told. Or, you can accept known truth for what it is.

Tell me why you're doing this.

Or, stop.

Evmetro
04-27-2020, 01:07 PM
Manipulative, aren't you ?

I haven't 'steered clear of being objective'. I say this because objectivity comes from certain knowledge and its recognition.

I recognise the truth of Sassy. I have told you what it is. It is your subjectivity (based on what motivation ?) which governs your rejection of that certain knowledge. Knowledge built from years of experience.

You are cherrypicking what you want to consider, and arrogance continues to motivate you. You can arrogantly, lacking all objectivity, dismiss all you're told. Or, you can accept known truth for what it is.

Tell me why you're doing this.

Or, stop.
Part of the problem here is that I never called your friend a lefty. Your loyalty to your friend is a nice thing and all, but it feels like I am stuck defending a position that I do not even hold.

There is a mess a few posts back where your friend took my words from a different post out of context to falsely quote me saying something I didn't say. That post will remain there as evidence to anybody who comes along, evidence that my words were deceptively taken out of their full and correct context, just like the MSM does to create fake news.

SassyLady
04-27-2020, 05:11 PM
I don't understand why you are taking my words out of their correct context like this, it is what the msm does to get a headline. To the newcomer perspective, it feels like some kind of newcomer hazing or initiation to test my ability to trust that a righty posting like a lefty is really a righty. Hopefully, this will sharpen my discernment tool, and that we can make peace.

Regardless of what you and I are posting, I do see that a fellow member says you are not a lefty. Your taking offense to the notion that I am calling you a lefty suggests that you are not a lefty as well. Your posts on this particular thread are all reading lefty to my newcomer perspective, and I doubt we will ever get the debate between us on this thread straight. All I can do is assure you that I mean you no harm, especially if your perception that I am calling you a lefty hurts you.

Here's what I said after you alluded to my rejection of yours news site for using extremist headline language as an indication of me being a garden variety leftist. Perhaps you don't understand that conservatives can be conservative without subjecting themselves to extremist language. Might be a new perspective for you to consider.

Your full and total response to my post ...

Because I rejected your notion of me being a garden variety leftist you then accused me of "establishing a victim" role in the debate. That in itself indicates a leftist tactic. When a premise is rejected move on to accuse the individual of being a victim.

Then, also because I rejected your news site you allude to me being a snowflake. You have no clue.

So, my conclusion regarding your posting in this thread is you do not welcome honest opinion about what you post and then in response to a dissenting view you resort to making allusions as to who I am rather than debating the merits of my opinion. If you don't think your news site uses extremist language then make that statement and hope it stands alone on the facts. No need to try and use shaming language.

BTW, it doesn't "hurt" to be called a leftie ... the fact that you think so just means you're not as fully informed regarding me as you like to think you are. For someone who prides himself on being fully informed about a subject I think you need to do more research about who I am.

Evmetro
04-27-2020, 08:41 PM
Here's what I said after you alluded to my rejection of yours news site for using extremist headline language as an indication of me being a garden variety leftist. Perhaps you don't understand that conservatives can be conservative without subjecting themselves to extremist language. Might be a new perspective for you to consider.

Your full and total response to my post ...

Because I rejected your notion of me being a garden variety leftist you then accused me of "establishing a victim" role in the debate. That in itself indicates a leftist tactic. When a premise is rejected move on to accuse the individual of being a victim.

Then, also because I rejected your news site you allude to me being a snowflake. You have no clue.

So, my conclusion regarding your posting in this thread is you do not welcome honest opinion about what you post and then in response to a dissenting view you resort to making allusions as to who I am rather than debating the merits of my opinion. If you don't think your news site uses extremist language then make that statement and hope it stands alone on the facts. No need to try and use shaming language.

BTW, it doesn't "hurt" to be called a leftie ... the fact that you think so just means you're not as fully informed regarding me as you like to think you are. For someone who prides himself on being fully informed about a subject I think you need to do more research about who I am.

The bold that you added shows a very different context than the way it really reads. Have a look at some other key words:

Can you quote me calling you a lefty? What about the mess you left in post 25? Are you really good with taking my words out of context to create a narrative like the lefty media does?

SassyLady
04-28-2020, 03:22 AM
evmetro ... it appears that you are the one now establishing a victim role in our debate, kinda like a garden variety lefty does. I do not know much about you, but your continued allusions make me suspicious that you might be a snowflake. Are you a lefty snowflake?

Thanks for showing me how that's done.

Drummond
04-28-2020, 06:43 AM
evmetro ... it appears that you are the one now establishing a victim role in our debate, kinda like a garden variety lefty does. I do not know much about you, but your continued allusions make me suspicious that you might be a snowflake. Are you a lefty snowflake?

Nicely said.

You've done something I'd never do, though. Asking any Leftie 'how it's done', i.e how they operate, has horrific potential.

Their methods are as disreputable as their motivations and goals. The world .. even the world of today, despite how it's changing .. has better experiences to offer !

One might say .. 'Life's too short' ... '

Evmetro
04-28-2020, 07:13 AM

Lol, hijacking my rhetoric is a lefty thing too. I am sorry that we are in conflict. From what I have read of your posts before and during our heated debate on this thread, we shouldn't be in conflict. The written word is not always the most effective means of communication.

Evmetro
04-28-2020, 07:34 AM
Nicely said.

You've done something I'd never do, though. Asking any Leftie 'how it's done', i.e how they operate, has horrific potential.

Their methods are as disreputable as their motivations and goals. The world .. even the world of today, despite how it's changing .. has better experiences to offer !

One might say .. 'Life's too short' ... '

I admire your loyalty to your friend throughout my debate with her, but I am not all that great with social politics. Logic and reason dont seem to mix well with social politics in my opinion.

SassyLady
04-28-2020, 11:39 AM
Lol, hijacking my rhetoric is a lefty thing too. I am sorry that we are in conflict. From what I have read of your posts before and during our heated debate on this thread, we shouldn't be in conflict. The written word is not always the most effective means of communication.

Yes ... it is a leftie thing to do, using their own rhetoric, but seems to be the only way to stop a leftie from continuing on and on in circles.

Perhaps we won't be in conflict in future if you debate the issue (in this thread it is a news website and headline language) without allusions to my character. We'll see if you can debate without doing that.

Have a good day.

Evmetro
04-28-2020, 03:44 PM
Yes ... it is a leftie thing to do, using their own rhetoric, but seems to be the only way to stop a leftie from continuing on and on in circles.

Perhaps we won't be in conflict in future if you debate the issue (in this thread it is a news website and headline language) without allusions to my character. We'll see if you can debate without doing that.

Have a good day.

I still have questions about how a righty can be be a snowflake about The Liberty Daily and I still have questions about how you took my words out of context in post 25, but I was trying to steer the conflict to a draw. When I step back from our conflict and look at it objectively, i can see that it is plausible for a conservative patriot on my side of the political war to not appreciate TLD, and I can see how such a patriot could interpret my posts as actual accusations, even though they are not. I don't expect you to see things my way, and I probably won't see things your way, but I do offer to call this a draw.

Drummond
04-28-2020, 05:15 PM
I still have questions about how a righty can be be a snowflake about The Liberty Daily and I still have questions about how you took my words out of context in post 25, but I was trying to steer the conflict to a draw. When I step back from our conflict and look at it objectively, i can see that it is plausible for a conservative patriot on my side of the political war to not appreciate TLD, and I can see how such a patriot could interpret my posts as actual accusations, even though they are not. I don't expect you to see things my way, and I probably won't see things your way, but I do offer to call this a draw.

For what it's worth .. and whether or not Sassy accepts your 'generous offer', which isn't my business ... can I just point out that conceding defeat is a worthwhile choice ? If defeated outright, acknowledging it has honour attached to the gesture.

I very rarely admit defeat myself, but that's only because I'm rarely defeated ! If / when bested, I acknowledge the fact.

Just sayin' ......

Evmetro
04-28-2020, 06:58 PM
For what it's worth .. and whether or not Sassy accepts your 'generous offer', which isn't my business ... can I just point out that conceding defeat is a worthwhile choice ? If defeated outright, acknowledging it has honour attached to the gesture.

I very rarely admit defeat myself, but that's only because I'm rarely defeated ! If / when bested, I acknowledge the fact.

Just sayin' ......

I do not see defeat at all, and I can see that sass is not prepared to concede either. I offered her a draw because nobody has to win, and nobody has to lose. Apparently, we are both conservative Patriots fighting for the same cause, so I see no need to continue the conflict.

If you see a path to victory with the debate that I was having with sassy, I would be honored to debate you on any or all of the items I was debating with her about on this thread. If you can beat me on any of the items, I will indeed acknowledge defeat. I am impressed with your posts and ideas, and I cannot be offended if you want to play.

Evmetro
04-29-2020, 08:32 AM
Drummond, if you are interested in giving the debate a shot, the items that would be debated would be pretty simple.

1. It is snowflake behavior to avoid news sources because they don't sound nice.
2. It is lefty behavior to establish the role of a victim.
3. It is lefty behavior to take my words out of context in order to create fake news, as seen in post 25 of this thread.

The debate is only that these items are lefty behavior, and NOT about labeling either you or your friend lefties, and the debate is only meant as internet recreation. It would be assumed that one could be a conservative patriot while posting like a lefty, and no bad feelings toward anybody.

jimnyc
04-29-2020, 09:24 AM
I hope I can intervene for a moment and address these few things. Sassy is more than able to handle herself, but wanted to speak up anyway to offer an opinion.

1. It is snowflake behavior to avoid news sources because they don't sound nice.

I don't believe so. I think some prefer "even" news, more factual and less sensationalism and rhetoric. CAN some lefties avoid? Of course, but so can righties on certain sites.

2. It is lefty behavior to establish the role of a victim.

Absolutely. Until they are not. But the victim card is used way too much. But I don't think they own it, seen some on the right, just not nearly as much.

3. It is lefty behavior to take my words out of context in order to create fake news, as seen in post 25 of this thread.

Been doing this for nearly 20 years. Both sides will do as they please when replying. Lefty behavior is best known as lying and hypocrisy. 2 larger traits anyway.

Quite frankly, I don't see anything of the sort from Sassy. She doesn't deal in the fake news crap and is as honest as they come and shoots straight. You did 'judge' her to be a lefty based on extremely little, because you didn't like her reply. It may appear to you that she was seeking to be a victim, but she's also as tough as they come and without even looking I can tell you she didn't do such (but I did read). And again implied she was a lefty. Understood, folks ask questions, especially when not knowing one another very well. But then implied the snowflake thing, which is no more than an insult, IMO. And Sassy is FAR FAR FAR from a snowflake. Not many liberal cuckoo leftie snowflake women I know out there popping out the pistol to take out the smaller enemies. :)

I've known Sassy aka MKP for quite a few years now. Just thought I would clear that up. Initially posting with people and judging by a post or 2-3, folks can misjudge.

Evmetro
04-30-2020, 08:28 AM
I hope I can intervene for a moment and address these few things. Sassy is more than able to handle herself, but wanted to speak up anyway to offer an opinion.

I wouldn't call it intervening, since political discussion and debate are why political forums exist. Considering that sassy did not take me up on my offer for a draw, and considering that Drummond declined the invite, this debate is open to all.

I don't believe so. I think some prefer "even" news, more factual and less sensationalism and rhetoric. CAN some lefties avoid? Of course, but so can righties on certain sites.

This was in regard to number 1, is it snowflake behavior to avoid news because it doesn't sound nice.

Sassy said TLD had headlines that were extremely biased, which was not her cup of tea. In another post, she said that she doesn't like wading through extremist headlines.

As far as the not my cup of tea part goes, that sounds reasonable enough, and I think it fits very well with what you posted. As far as the reason being connected to extremely biased headlines, that's where I smell a snowflake. "Wading through disgusting extremist language" as a reason for the site not being her cup of tea sounds like classic snowflake behavior to me.

Here is a paragraph on snowflake from wiki. I have isolated it from the rest of the section that describes the political insult context of the word in their article. The 2017 think progress article they quoted is where I added the bold to describe the context that I typically use the word in.

"Snowflake as a politicized insult is typically used by those on the political right (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_politics) to insult those on the political left (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-wing_politics).[8] (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowflake_(slang)#cite_note-Guardian-8) In an article from the Los Angeles Times (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Times), Jessica Roy says the alt-right (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt-right) in the United States pejoratively describes most liberals and those protesting against Donald Trump as "snowflakes".[20] (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowflake_(slang)#cite_note-LATimes-20) A 2017 article from Think Progress (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Think_Progress) commented: "The insult expanded to encompass not just the young, but liberals of all ages; it became the epithet of choice for right-wingers to fling at anyone who could be accused of being too easily offended, too in need of 'safe spaces, too fragile'".[21] (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowflake_(slang)#cite_note-Progress-21) Jonathon Green (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathon_Green), editor of Green's Dictionary of Slang (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green%27s_Dictionary_of_Slang), points out snowflake is an unusual insult in that it calls someone weak and fragile without using misogynistic (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misogyny) or homophobic (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homophobic) references.[22] (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowflake_(slang)#cite_note-boston-22)

I'll get to the other two items later today, I'm low on time at the moment.

SassyLady
04-30-2020, 06:04 PM
Evmetro ... I am a conservative patriot. I didn't like the extremist headlines of TLD when I visited it per your invitation. I stated my opinion. You alluded to me being a leftie snowflake and copping a victim card precisely because I didn't applaud your choice of a news site.

I still contend that one can objectively discern the truth about any issue without slogging through extremist rhetoric. Perhaps some can't.

If you can debate the issue without using the leftist tactic of trying to shame someone then perhaps we can get along.

Black Diamond
04-30-2020, 06:06 PM
The sass is not a leftist. And she's not a snowflake either. No questions. No wondering. End of story.

Drummond
04-30-2020, 06:22 PM
The sass is not a leftist. And she's not a snowflake either. No questions. No wondering. End of story.

Yes, exactly.

I'm wondering why this is still dragging on. It's getting completely ridiculous.

Enough already !!

SassyLady
04-30-2020, 06:24 PM
I wouldn't call it intervening, since political discussion and debate are why political forums exist. Considering that sassy did not take me up on my offer for a draw, and considering that Drummond declined the invite, this debate is open to all.

Sorry about delay in responding. Digging up packrat nest and disposing of vermin. Damn gun jammed because I used snake shot. So, no free time yesterday.

This was in regard to number 1, is it snowflake behavior to avoid news because it doesn't sound nice.

Sassy said TLD had headlines that were extremely biased, which was not her cup of tea. In another post, she said that she doesn't like wading through extremist headlines.

As far as the not my cup of tea part goes, that sounds reasonable enough, and I think it fits very well with what you posted. As far as the reason being connected to extremely biased headlines, that's where I smell a snowflake. "Wading through disgusting extremist language" as a reason for the site not being her cup of tea sounds like classic snowflake behavior to me.

Here is a paragraph on snowflake from wiki. I have isolated it from the rest of the section that describes the political insult context of the word in their article. The 2017 think progress article they quoted is where I added the bold to describe the context that I typically use the word in.

"Snowflake as a politicized insult is typically used by those on the political right (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_politics) to insult those on the political left (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-wing_politics).[8] (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowflake_(slang)#cite_note-Guardian-8) In an article from the Los Angeles Times (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Times), Jessica Roy says the alt-right (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt-right) in the United States pejoratively describes most liberals and those protesting against Donald Trump as "snowflakes".[20] (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowflake_(slang)#cite_note-LATimes-20) A 2017 article from Think Progress (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Think_Progress) commented: "The insult expanded to encompass not just the young, but liberals of all ages; it became the epithet of choice for right-wingers to fling at anyone who could be accused of being too easily offended, too in need of 'safe spaces, too fragile'".[21] (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowflake_(slang)#cite_note-Progress-21) Jonathon Green (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathon_Green), editor of Green's Dictionary of Slang (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green%27s_Dictionary_of_Slang), points out snowflake is an unusual insult in that it calls someone weak and fragile without using misogynistic (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misogyny) or homophobic (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homophobic) references.[22] (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowflake_(slang)#cite_note-boston-22)

I'll get to the other two items later today, I'm low on time at the moment.

No, it isn't.

I don't believe I ever said I was offended. I find dogshit disgusting but I'm not offended by it. I've certainly disposed of plenty in my lifetime. Does it mean I want to spend time cleaning it up? No. Does it mean I would like to avoid it? Yes. That does not make me a snowflake or a victim.

Evmetro ..... I didn't allude to your character or anyone else who might like this news site. Once again, I offered my personal opinion regarding the site. Not you or anyone else here that likes it.

You need to quit trying to tag people with leftie, snowflake, victim behavior just because they don't agree with you.

SassyLady
04-30-2020, 06:35 PM

Quite frankly, I don't see anything of the sort from Sassy. She doesn't deal in the fake news crap and is as honest as they come and shoots straight. You did 'judge' her to be a lefty based on extremely little, because you didn't like her reply. It may appear to you that she was seeking to be a victim, but she's also as tough as they come and without even looking I can tell you she didn't do such (but I did read). And again implied she was a lefty. Understood, folks ask questions, especially when not knowing one another very well. But then implied the snowflake thing, which is no more than an insult, IMO. And Sassy is FAR FAR FAR from a snowflake. Not many liberal cuckoo leftie snowflake women I know out there popping out the pistol to take out the smaller enemies. :)

I've known Sassy aka MKP for quite a few years now. Just thought I would clear that up. Initially posting with people and judging by a post or 2-3, folks can misjudge.

OMG ...... MKP! Long time ago .... at that other place we shall not name!

:slap: :cheers2::beer:

How did you know I was out popping the pistola? Packrat this time, not snake. Only seen 2 this season. One rattler and one coachwhip. Left both alone because I need help with packrats right now.

Damn semi jammed on me so had to go to backup revolver.

Evmetro
04-30-2020, 08:31 PM

Did somebody call her a lefty? Did anybody call her a snowflake? Sassy was unable to produce any such quote, but she did take my words out of context in post 25 like the lefty fake news does to create a fake narrative.

Evmetro
04-30-2020, 08:37 PM
Yes, exactly.

I'm wondering why this is still dragging on. It's getting completely ridiculous.

Enough already !!

Maybe you could expedite the process by objectively illustrating how my arguments are flawed? I sense that you have a subjective goal of showing how wrong I am and how right the long time member is, but some objective logic would be a lot faster. My invite still stands.

SassyLady
04-30-2020, 08:55 PM
Did somebody call her a lefty? Did anybody call her a snowflake? Sassy was unable to produce any such quote, but she did take my words out of context in post 25 like the lefty fake news does to create a fake narrative.

Perhaps you can objectively illustrate to me how you didn't imply I'm a "leftie snowflake trying to establish victim" status because I didn't like your news site?

You started using leftie in Post #13 and added snowflake and victim in Post 17, which I reposted in #25.

Perhaps one of the things you might learn here is that you jumped to erroneous conclusions about me because you applied incorrect criteria to my opinion. Just because someone disagrees with you, a conservative patriot, doesn't make them a leftie, or a snowflake or a victim.

Perhaps they just don't like your news source! Accept it and move along.

Evmetro
04-30-2020, 09:10 PM
Sorry about delay in responding. Digging up packrat nest and disposing of vermin. Damn gun jammed because I used snake shot. So, no free time yesterday.

No, it isn't.

I don't believe I ever said I was offended. I find dogshit disgusting but I'm not offended by it. I've certainly disposed of plenty in my lifetime. Does it mean I want to spend time cleaning it up? No. Does it mean I would like to avoid it? Yes. That does not make me a snowflake or a victim.

Evmetro ..... I didn't allude to your character or anyone else who might like this news site. Once again, I offered my personal opinion regarding the site. Not you or anyone else here that likes it.

You need to quit trying to tag people with leftie, snowflake, victim behavior just because they don't agree with you.

It appears that you and the long time members who know and support you are creating a notion that I have or am calling you a lefty and a snowflake, which is probably why there is no end in site. I cannot defend why I am calling you these things if I am not actually calling you these things. I maintain my position about the things that I really did say, and have already acknowledged that I can see a plausible path to where a conservative patriot can post like a lefty.

There is something special about post 25, where you took my words out of context to create a deceptive narrative like the msm does. I have mentioned it at least a half dozen times, but getting anybody on this site to break it down objectively is like trying to force a cat into a toilet. Others here endorse you as a righty, but they won't touch the post 25 problem. Can you you explain how it was not a lefty move? It would not mean that you really are a lefty just because you block TLD, which makes up some percentage of the media spectrum, because it sounds too extreme for you, and it would not mean you are a lefty if you borrowed a lefty tactic from the MSM to ruffle the feathers of somebody who is politically insulting you.

We were all born as little lefties screaming for a bottle or tit for survival, so those of us who were taught the values of western civilization still have an innate lefty in us. As righties, we are quite capable of acting, talking, or posting like lefties, since we were all lefties at some point. I have posted plenty of mistakes, stupid posts, and lefty like ideas on many political forums over the years, but my fellow righties usually set me straight.

Evmetro
04-30-2020, 09:28 PM
Perhaps you can objectively illustrate to me how you didn't imply I'm a "leftie snowflake trying to establish victim" status because I didn't like your news site?

You started using leftie in Post #13 and added snowflake and victim in Post 17, which I reposted in #25.

Perhaps one of the things you might learn here is that you jumped to erroneous conclusions about me because you applied incorrect criteria to my opinion. Just because someone disagrees with you, a conservative patriot, doesn't make them a leftie, or a snowflake or a victim.

Perhaps they just don't like your news source! Accept it and move along.

Things get complicated when we start getting into how I am implying something. Everybody has a unique perception of what others imply. I spend a lot of time sorting through media of every bias, so I always break it down to what people actually say or write. When I re posted that post with the bold print, the items that I put in bold to illustrate what was really said came from years of experience debating politics. I am VERY careful about making allegations.

Kathianne
04-30-2020, 09:42 PM
Just an observation, when someone won't stop beating that old, dead horse, probably better to just let him go. I used to try to prove what was obvious to such, no point. He's stuck, you're not, Sassy. Everyone but him sees what he's done and implied, you have nothing to prove.

SassyLady
04-30-2020, 09:49 PM
Just an observation, when someone won't stop beating that old, dead horse, probably better to just let him go. I used to try to prove what was obvious to such, no point. He's stuck, you're not, Sassy. Everyone but him sees what he's done and implied, you have nothing to prove.

Yep, agreed.

Evmetro
04-30-2020, 09:58 PM

I respect your subjective position on what is being debated here. I'm just some new guy who nobody even knows, but you and sassy have been together in this community for a long time. I will not be surprised if this debate ends in something besides an objective and superior layout of logic that trumps mine.

Evmetro
04-30-2020, 10:35 PM
Been doing this for nearly 20 years. Both sides will do as they please when replying. Lefty behavior is best known as lying and hypocrisy. 2 larger traits anyway.

I know you said you did read up on this, but please clarify that this is what you read in regard to item 3:

Here is post 25 from Sassy. She quoted me asking her for a quote of me calling her a lefty.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Evmetro http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=957546#post957546)

And so sassy quotes me saying this:

I am judging your entire character to be a garden variety lefty, it appears that you are establishing a victim role in our debate, kinda like a garden variety lefty does. I do not know much about you, but your rejection of news that isn't friendly enough made me suspicious that you might be a snowflake. Are you a lefty?

Looks like I said something pretty disgusting here right? I'll bet everyone who likes sassy wants me persecuted for saying such a thing, right? Hang on though, let's look at post 17 where she got that quote of me saying such a horrible thing:

Did you miss this, or do you really not see where my words were taken completely out of context to create fake news like the lefty msm does? Remember, this has nothing to do with me calling her a lefty, which NOBODY has been able to quote me doing, it is just asking for an objective answer. Did she or did she not manipulate the context of my words to create a false narrative, like what lefties and the lefty MSM do? This has been something that sassy's peers here have each avoided discussing like a cat avoids being shoved into a toilet.

Evmetro
05-01-2020, 09:55 PM
The actual opening post and title of this thread are about a cool coronavirus t shirt that I ordered from a conservative news site. I realize that somebody mistakenly thought this thread was about the The Liberty Daily site and not the cool T shirt that says how the coronavirus was made in communist China, so maybe the thread got derailed with a notion that TLD is extremely biased.

The debate that unfolded on this thread once it got derailed is something new to me, even though I've debated on many political forums for many years. Several members of this site perpetuated a notion that I called somebody a lefty, yet none of them will provide a quote of me doing this. No righties have noticed how odd it is that they cannot find the quote. I have had this happen in debates before, but only with lefties. Lefties STILL claim that Trump colluded with Russia, and they STILL claim that an impeachable crime was committed, but they will NEVER provide the evidence. In this thread I have seen righties stick to a claim that they will never be able to substantiate, so I am witnessing something new. I like seeing new things.

In grade school, I saw an older kid trying to shove a cat into a toilet at school, and the fight that the cat put up before escaping was absolutely amazing. One cannot shove a cat into a toilet. I was reminded of this when I saw how hard it is to get anybody on this thread to OBJECTIVELY break down the truth of what occurred in post 25, as I described in post 60. I've seen such evasion from lefties, but this is the first time I have encountered "cat in the toilet" style evasion from righties. It is heartwarming to see a small community stick together like family to protect a damsel in distress, but it is fascinating to see righties trying to pass it off as objective debate.

Anyway, my T shirt has not arrived yet. I am anxious to wear the "Coronavirus / Made in Communist China " message around town. I'll update when it finally arrives, and I will update what kinds of smiles and/or glares I get while wearing it.

Evmetro
05-05-2020, 09:24 AM
I ordered my t shirt on the 4/24 and am still waiting. They did disclose that the shipping would be slow, so I won't hold the delay against them.

Yesterday I received some stretchy tube masks from ebay. They look kinda like a 12 inch long piece of leg cut out from a pair of black yoga pants. I just put the whole thing over my head like a t shirt and then pull the top edge up over my mouth and nose. The printed message across my mouth reads "Make America Great Again".

Having the Make America Great Again message across a mask that has become mandatory in the Covid 1984 era feels more symbolic than just Trump's campaign slogan. The slogan was genius in the first place since lefties got stuck having to go against that message, but in the Covid 84 era, the message is more important than ever.

Evmetro
05-06-2020, 06:57 PM
Still waiting. Here is a screenshot.

Evmetro
05-11-2020, 10:10 AM
Just got communication from TLD in regard to my T shirt. Seems a supplier is crippled by the pandemic. Here is the email they sent me:

Hi Liberty Daily Faithful,

First off, thank you for supporting The Liberty Daily and our store. We are extremely appreciative!

Because of the government mandated shutdown, one of our suppliers has been hit especially hard causing a massive delay in the fulfillment and shipping of our orders. Most orders are taking 10-18 days to fulfill.

We realize this is definitely not ideal and want to make sure you have the option to receive a refund if you are not wanting to wait that long for your merch. If you would like a refund, please respond to this email with your order #.

We'd also like to offer you a 15% discount on your next order (https://the-liberty-daily.myshopify.com/discount/LATE15), just use LATE15 at checkout or the link.

Thanks again for your support and patience.

Best,

Matthew BurkeFounder and Managing Editor,
THE LIBERTY DAILY (https://thelibertydaily.com/)
The Conservative Alternative to Drudge

Gunny
05-11-2020, 06:07 PM
Just got communication from TLD in regard to my T shirt. Seems a supplier is crippled by the pandemic. Here is the email they sent me:

Hell, that makes me want one even more. drop a few coins on the right side of the hard hit :)

Evmetro
05-24-2020, 11:43 AM
Woo hoo! Just got my coronavirus T shirt! It took a month, but now I have it! The tag says Guilden heavy cotton, and it says "made in Haiti". Cant wait to wear it to wal mart!

Evmetro
05-24-2020, 11:47 AM
The chi com virus message is on the front, but there is also a special message on the back that is sure to rattle the snowflakes...

Evmetro
05-25-2020, 11:28 AM
I wore this t shirt to Wal Mart this morning, and was surprised at the number of smiles and thumbs up I got. I was expecting to stir up some scowls, since wal mart has a pretty high concentration of commies, but I was wrong. When I pulled in for gas at a gas station, 4 Mexican workers came up to me laughing, and wanted to know where to buy this T shirt. I get as many thumbs up from people when I wear this t shirt as when I wear my "Is that true, or did you hear it on CNN?" T shirt.

Evmetro
05-25-2020, 10:28 PM
I see The Liberty Daily is offering a line of T shirts that have various governors listed as non essential personnel. I like the idea, but I dont like red T shirts. Maybe if they offered black ones...

Gunny
05-26-2020, 12:09 PM
I see The Liberty Daily is offering a line of T shirts that have various governors listed as non essential personnel. I like the idea, but I dont like red T shirts. Maybe if they offered black ones...

12642Eh. I would be all in if they were long sleeve and white. Even red. A black t in the Texas sun? No thanks :)

I can't get sun on my arms anymore. Hell of a place to live with THAT :laugh:

STTAB
05-26-2020, 12:23 PM
If their t shirt aint no better made then their website you just wasted $20 bro.

Gunny
05-26-2020, 02:27 PM
If their t shirt aint no better made then their website you just wasted $20 bro.I'd actually waste the $20 just for what it says.

Sites that bombard me with ads or want money I rarely return to. Even with an ad blocker it takes longer than Gunny's patience limit to load a page. Ran into one yesterday or the day before that gave you half the story then you had to pay to read the rest. That ain't happening.

STTAB
05-26-2020, 02:34 PM
I'd actually waste the $20 just for what it says.

Sites that bombard me with ads or want money I rarely return to. Even with an ad blocker it takes longer than Gunny's patience limit to load a page. Ran into one yesterday or the day before that gave you half the story then you had to pay to read the rest. That ain't happening.

Paywalls piss me off. You read the first paragraph or two of a story thinking "oh this gonna be good" then wham "Just $2 and you can read this article" nope, not happening.

Gunny
05-26-2020, 02:46 PM
Paywalls piss me off. You read the first paragraph or two of a story thinking "oh this gonna be good" then wham "Just $2 and you can read this article" nope, not happening.Learn something every day. I did not know that was called a "paywall" and the aforementioned was the first time I've run into one. Most sites I've hit just up front want their money or no story. The suck you in with a couple of paragraphs then WHAM was a first for me.

STTAB
05-26-2020, 02:49 PM
Learn something every day. I did not know that was called a "paywall" and the aforementioned was the first time I've run into one. Most sites I've hit just up front want their money or no story. The suck you in with a couple of paragraphs then WHAM was a first for me.

I've known a few women like that back in my youth, you pay the "paywall" goes down LOL

Evmetro
05-27-2020, 01:15 AM
Learn something every day. I did not know that was called a "paywall" and the aforementioned was the first time I've run into one. Most sites I've hit just up front want their money or no story. The suck you in with a couple of paragraphs then WHAM was a first for me.

I've never paid a paywall before. Back before Drudge went commie, I learned to google the story story whenever one of those paywalls goes up on a story. Not just pay walls, but any site that wants info or membership. I can always find the story on another site.

Evmetro
06-08-2020, 07:53 PM
Just bought another T shirt from TheLibertyDaily.com

This one says "Defund Democrats - Fund the Police

There is a drop down menu for color finally, but they still don't have a lot of colors.

I'll provide an update when I get it, along with a review of how Wal Mart customers respond to it.

Evmetro
12-20-2022, 04:03 AM
I still wear political shirts on a regular basis. Here is my latest, I got it on Etsy:

Gunny
12-20-2022, 10:49 AM
I still wear political shirts on a regular basis. Here is my latest, I got it on Etsy:

14254Five minutes from now notwithstanding, it appears Biden was forced to back down on this. His handlers are probably still seething.

It's a non-issue here, best I can tell. I DO see where some places still have their draconian covid policies/mandates that the MSM has studiously made a point of not making a point of it.

Bet if the Republican't's suddenly said "everybody needs to mask up" the MSM and Federal government would not only be against masks, it would be in the news more than Britney Greiner and whatever Meghan Markle is doing.

Evmetro
12-20-2022, 08:00 PM
Here is another fun one. I like to hang out in front of the staff entrance at the hospital that remdesivered me to show this one off. The lower ranking scrubs from nurse down tend to smile and give me great comments about it, but the doctors and higher up administrative types don't see me. I become invisible.