PDA

View Full Version : Florida Antibody Testing Suggests Coronavirus Death Rate Far Lower Than Reported

jimnyc
04-25-2020, 10:48 AM
Starting to see more and more of this pop up. We will never know the numbers, but appears a LOT more were infected with Covid-19 than understood or even knew. This is a good thing though, as all of it lowers what the mortality right truly is. What was once at 3.4% has now dropped to very flu like numbers.

It is STILL contagious, as is the flu. It can still kill the vulnerable, just like the flu can. And as I keep repeating, these numbers are in addition. But likely far far less deadly than initially thought.

--

Florida Antibody Testing Suggests Coronavirus Death Rate Far Lower Than Reported

University of Miami researchers’ antibody testing out of Miami-Dade County in Florida showed that about 6% of the population has had the China-originated novel coronavirus, COVID-19, extrapolating to an estimated 165,000 infections countywide, about 16 times higher than reported.

Since the recorded number of infections via the health department is well below that number, around 10,600 infection, this means the fatality rate is also far lower than reported.

Ruling in the possibility of false positives, the researchers are 95% confident the true infection rate is between 4.4% and 7.9% of the population, leaving them with their 6% estimate as the best possible representation, the Miami Herald reported Friday. “That would mean about 165,000 estimated infections in Miami-Dade, with the margin of error equating to 123,000 residents on the low end and 221,000 residents on the high end,” the report noted.

As noted by The Daily Wire last week, antibody testing out of New York City showed that an estimated one in five New Yorkers have COVID-19, again significantly dropping the reported fatality rate of the virus.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/florida-antibody-testing-suggests-coronavirus-death-rate-far-lower-than-reported

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-25-2020, 10:57 AM
Starting to see more and more of this pop up. We will never know the numbers, but appears a LOT more were infected with Covid-19 than understood or even knew. This is a good thing though, as all of it lowers what the mortality right truly is. What was once at 3.4% has now dropped to very flu like numbers.

It is STILL contagious, as is the flu. It can still kill the vulnerable, just like the flu can. And as I keep repeating, these numbers are in addition. But likely far far less deadly than initially thought.

--

Florida Antibody Testing Suggests Coronavirus Death Rate Far Lower Than Reported

University of Miami researchers’ antibody testing out of Miami-Dade County in Florida showed that about 6% of the population has had the China-originated novel coronavirus, COVID-19, extrapolating to an estimated 165,000 infections countywide, about 16 times higher than reported.

Since the recorded number of infections via the health department is well below that number, around 10,600 infection, this means the fatality rate is also far lower than reported.

Ruling in the possibility of false positives, the researchers are 95% confident the true infection rate is between 4.4% and 7.9% of the population, leaving them with their 6% estimate as the best possible representation, the Miami Herald reported Friday. “That would mean about 165,000 estimated infections in Miami-Dade, with the margin of error equating to 123,000 residents on the low end and 221,000 residents on the high end,” the report noted.

As noted by The Daily Wire last week, antibody testing out of New York City showed that an estimated one in five New Yorkers have COVID-19, again significantly dropping the reported fatality rate of the virus.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/florida-antibody-testing-suggests-coronavirus-death-rate-far-lower-than-reported

Confirms what I have been saying since the start of this-- they are deliberately lying in order to seize more power, to try to cause harm to Trump and to weaken this nation. We that said all along they were lying - we were right. Death count has been manipulated . And overall number of infected that got either no treatable symptoms or else very minor symptoms was deliberately downplayed to keep the false percentage they gave up. Death number compared to lower number of infected gives a much higher death count rate.
Now truth is coming out about how that was deliberately overblown for political purposes.-Tyr

jimnyc
04-25-2020, 11:14 AM
Confirms what I have been saying since the start of this-- they are deliberately lying in order to seize more power, to try to cause harm to Trump and to weaken this nation. We that said all along they were lying - we were right. Death count has been manipulated . And overall number of infected that got either no treatable symptoms or else very minor symptoms was deliberately downplayed to keep the false percentage they gave up. Death number compared to lower number of infected gives a much higher death count rate.
Now truth is coming out about how that was deliberately overblown for political purposes.-Tyr

I went along with all of the fear in the beginning. Regardless of anything, I still take care of NUMBER ONE, me and my family. So we use common sense and have masks, gloves and all necessary things we utilize.

I bought into the fear, but was concerned from the get go about various limitations. And then they started happening around the country. And then reports, numbers and everything coming along with this virus is all over the map. Things not adding up, literally. Numbers not making sense. Lies from all over the map as well, also literally.

I DO think the left will take what little they can and turn it into the worst tragedy, and willing to watch the country suffer, so they can capitalize. And they have.

pete311
04-25-2020, 12:15 PM

Same conspiracy bullshit as climate change. Yeah hundreds of thousands of medical and science professionals are in some kind of gigantic conspiracy to help politicians gain power. get the fuck outta here. go lick a door handle and enjoy the ventilator.

btw, there are also new reports that healthy young people are dropping dead from strokes, they got tested and were positive.
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-blood-clots-strokes-young-patients-2020-4

jimnyc
04-25-2020, 01:19 PM
Same conspiracy bullshit as climate change. Yeah hundreds of thousands of medical and science professionals are in some kind of gigantic conspiracy to help politicians gain power. get the fuck outta here. go lick a door handle and enjoy the ventilator.

btw, there are also new reports that healthy young people are dropping dead from strokes, they got tested and were positive.
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-blood-clots-strokes-young-patients-2020-4

But there has been a SHITLOAD of lying by the democrats and the MSM - much of it outright nailed - much of it posted right here. And you ignore it.

And I will avoid name calling in this one in order to give out a directive - I don't mind calling one another stupid, assholes or the worst imaginable words known to man. Don't care. Each person is responsible for their own words is all. I deal with all of the poking and jabs at one another. Hell, even I get involved. I may even kiddingly say I hope a recluse spider finds its way into your home.

But telling someone to get sick and get on a ventilator is too far. Please stop with that. No need for things to get THAT personal. Just don't go there. And while I fuck with you, and may even hit you over the head with a bud light if I met you, I don't wish you any harm. I surely don't want you to die or end up on a ventilator. Hard to pick on and hit a guy and get into some fighting if he's on a ventilator, kinda takes the fun out of it. So please, that's the last of that shit right there.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-25-2020, 01:41 PM

You certainly take the cake Petey.
I think perhaps that you and a rock have about the same IQ.
Would be great if you and I could have a beer together somewhere. Just us....
And one of us then get a very fine and most proper attitude adjustment...
You know- suddenly become very, very enlightened and all.. -;)--Tyr

jimnyc
04-25-2020, 01:53 PM
Study: Six Percent of the Miami-Dade Population Have Coronavirus Antibodies

About six percent of the population in Florida’s Miami-Dade have developed antibodies to the novel coronavirus, preliminary results from a University of Miami study released Friday revealed.

Officials in Miami-Dade, one of the areas in Florida hit hardest by the virus, prompted a countywide survey to estimate the percentage of the population that has been exposed to the virus. Researchers conducted the survey over two weeks, testing roughly 1,400 individuals and estimating that six percent of the population has antibodies. Half of those who tested positive for antibodies reportedly exhibited no symptoms of the virus in the 14-17 days prior to the test.

The Miami Herald reported:

UM researchers used statistical methods to account for the limitations of the antibody test, which is known to generate some false positive results. The researchers say they are 95% certain that the true amount of infection lies between 4.4% and 7.9% of the population, with 6% representing the best estimate.

That would mean about 165,000 estimated infections in Miami-Dade, with the margin of error equating to 123,000 residents on the low end and 221,000 residents on the high end.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/25/study-six-percent-of-the-miami-dade-population-have-coronavirus-antibodies/

SassyLady
04-25-2020, 01:58 PM
Now revealing earlier deaths

Santa Clara County on Tuesday announced three previously unidentified deaths from the coronavirus: the Feb. 6 case; one on Feb. 17, which also predates the death that was earlier believed to be the first; and one on March 6. Initially, the first death in the county had been reported March 9.
“What it means is we had coronavirus circulating in the community much earlier than we had documented and much earlier than we had thought,” said Dr. Sara Cody, Santa Clara County’s public health officer. “Those deaths probably represent many, many more infections. And so there had to be chains of transmission that go back much earlier.”
Cody did not provide details about the people who died in February but said the deaths “tell us we had community transmission – probably significant community transmission – far before we realized it and documented it.”

This was more than three weeks before the first confirmed coronavirus death was recorded in America on February 29.
There is no record of this individual traveling to China or other hot spots, which means there was community spread in Santa Clara dating back to January.
These findings indicate that not only was the coronavirus in American long before it was first thought, but that more Americans were exposed to the virus and the country could be closer to herd immunity – where so many people have been exposed that an infected individual has almost no chance of running into someone not yet infected and viral transmission is suppressed – than people thought.

https://renewedright.com/this-jaw-dropping-truth-about-the-coronavirus-spread-will-change-everything/

Abbey Marie
04-25-2020, 02:04 PM

If we are just now discovering these higher numbers of infected (which is still anecdotal, btw), how has the count been previously manipulated?

reason10
04-25-2020, 03:28 PM

--

Some alleged "analyst" claims Disney World in Florida will remain closed until 2021. My brother lives in Kissimmee and works in the timeshare industry.
The only reason Disney would not open in May (if Governor DeSantis decides to open our economy back up) is because it is dead that time of year. All the local experts are saying Disney will open its gates the second or third week of June.

Gunny
04-25-2020, 09:29 PM
Study: Six Percent of the Miami-Dade Population Have Coronavirus Antibodies

About six percent of the population in Florida’s Miami-Dade have developed antibodies to the novel coronavirus, preliminary results from a University of Miami study released Friday revealed.

Officials in Miami-Dade, one of the areas in Florida hit hardest by the virus, prompted a countywide survey to estimate the percentage of the population that has been exposed to the virus. Researchers conducted the survey over two weeks, testing roughly 1,400 individuals and estimating that six percent of the population has antibodies. Half of those who tested positive for antibodies reportedly exhibited no symptoms of the virus in the 14-17 days prior to the test.

The Miami Herald reported:

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/25/study-six-percent-of-the-miami-dade-population-have-coronavirus-antibodies/I for one am glad I bailed out of Miami in 1980 and haven't returned :)

Although I DID like it there, the place I remember is gone.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-25-2020, 09:46 PM
If we are just now discovering these higher numbers of infected (which is still anecdotal, btw), how has the count been previously manipulated?

The death count has been manipulated by the signing of death certificates that list C-19 as cause of death when the dead person had one or more underling conditions that were the primary- major cause of death. Hospitals /doctors and those responsible were told by government if C-19 tests found C-19 was present in the body list it as the cause. That and media driving up the numbers by way of media spin aided, abetted and helped drive up the needed panic that they wanted. Additionally hospitals ere promised more money/aid the more patients they had treated that were signed off as dead from C-19.
btw-- anecdotal quite often becomes verified as solid gold fact- time will tell on this.
Now I am not a doctor nor am I in charge of signing(forging ) death certificates but I know politicians/dems and liars are they all.
Fudging to get goals achieved is easily in the realm of things that they do.
Doing so by way of lying is no scary feat for such people...
And that is my opinion and I am sticking to it until it is proven to be an error on my part.

anecdotal, it may be but it also explains the extremely low death count numbers that other nations/places gave.
The ones the dem/lib media made excuses for as being wrong. --Tyr

edit info--

https://www.livescience.com/death-rate-lower-than-estimates.html

Coronavirus death rate may be lower than previously thought
By Yasemin Saplakoglu

The death rate from COVID-19 is likely around 0.66%, if counting the mild or asymptomatic cases, according to a new study

Comments (1)
An illustration of a virus
(Image: © Shutterstock)
The coronavirus mortality rate might be lower than previously thought, according to a new study.

A group of researchers analyzed data from China and found that the overall mortality rate of COVID-19 was 1.38%. But if they adjusted for cases that likely went unaccounted for due to their mild or asymptomatic nature, the overall mortality rate decreased to around 0.66%, they reported on March 30 in journal The Lancet Infectious Diseases.

Past estimates had placed the mortality rate somewhere between 2% and 3.4% in Wuhan, China where the outbreak first began, according to a previous Live Science report. A recent study published in the journal Nature Medicine had found that the death rate in the city — without including those who were likely asymptomatic — was around 1.4%.

RECOMMENDED VIDEOS FOR YOU...
CLOSE
Related: 13 coronavirus myths busted by science

In this new study, to figure out the true "infection fatality ratio" — the mortality rate that includes the people with mild cases who may have not been counted before — the researchers looked to data from people who were flown back to their various countries from Wuhan, China during the outbreak.

Those repatriated people were given PCR tests — tests which detect specific genetic material within the virus, according to a previous Live Science report. They also used data from Diamond Princess cruise ship passengers who also received PCR testing. Since these tests were given to people who didn't necessarily show symptoms, the researchers were able to estimate the prevalence of such cases.

Consistent with previous research, the new study also found that the death rate varied greatly by age. While the death rate was around 0.0016% in 0 to 9-year-olds, it increased to about 7.8% for people who were age 80 and above.

The researchers also found that nearly 1 in 5 people over the age of 80 infected with COVID-19 were likely to require hospitalization whereas only 1% of people under 30 were likely to be hospitalized.

"Estimating the case fatality ratio for COVID-19 in real time during its epidemic is very challenging," Shigui Ruan, a professor in the department of mathematics at The University of Miami wrote in an accompanying commentary. But the infection fatality ratio "is a very important piece of data that will help to guide the response from various government and public health authorities worldwide."

The case fatality ratios will vary slightly from county to country, based on differences in the policies and measures put in place to control the outbreak, he added. In any case, these mortality rate estimates are still much higher than that of the seasonal flu, which kills around 0.1% of people who are infected.

"Even though the fatality rate is low for younger people, it is very clear that any suggestion of COVID-19 being just like influenza is false," he wrote. For those between the ages of 20 to 29, for instance, the chance of dying from SARS-CoV-2 is 33 times higher than the odds of dying from seasonal influenza, he wrote.

28 devastating infectious diseases
11 (sometimes) deadly diseases that hopped across species
The 12 deadliest viruses on Earth
Originally published on Live Science.

Abbey Marie
04-26-2020, 12:23 PM
Tyr, that all may or may not be true, but doesn’t answer my point.

Drummond
04-26-2020, 01:02 PM
The death count has been manipulated by the signing of death certificates that list C-19 as cause of death when the dead person had one or more underling conditions that were the primary- major cause of death. Hospitals /doctors and those responsible were told by government if C-19 tests found C-19 was present in the body list it as the cause. That and media driving up the numbers by way of media spin aided, abetted and helped drive up the needed panic that they wanted. Additionally hospitals ere promised more money/aid the more patients they had treated that were signed off as dead from C-19.
btw-- anecdotal quite often becomes verified as solid gold fact- time will tell on this.
Now I am not a doctor nor am I in charge of signing(forging ) death certificates but I know politicians/dems and liars are they all.
Fudging to get goals achieved is easily in the realm of things that they do.
Doing so by way of lying is no scary feat for such people...
And that is my opinion and I am sticking to it until it is proven to be an error on my part.

anecdotal, it may be but it also explains the extremely low death count numbers that other nations/places gave.
The ones the dem/lib media made excuses for as being wrong. --Tyr

edit info--

Coronavirus death rate may be lower than previously thought
By Yasemin Saplakoglu

The death rate from COVID-19 is likely around 0.66%, if counting the mild or asymptomatic cases, according to a new study

Comments (1)
An illustration of a virus
(Image: © Shutterstock)
The coronavirus mortality rate might be lower than previously thought, according to a new study.

A group of researchers analyzed data from China and found that the overall mortality rate of COVID-19 was 1.38%. But if they adjusted for cases that likely went unaccounted for due to their mild or asymptomatic nature, the overall mortality rate decreased to around 0.66%, they reported on March 30 in journal The Lancet Infectious Diseases.

Past estimates had placed the mortality rate somewhere between 2% and 3.4% in Wuhan, China where the outbreak first began, according to a previous Live Science report. A recent study published in the journal Nature Medicine had found that the death rate in the city — without including those who were likely asymptomatic — was around 1.4%.

RECOMMENDED VIDEOS FOR YOU...
CLOSE
Related: 13 coronavirus myths busted by science

In this new study, to figure out the true "infection fatality ratio" — the mortality rate that includes the people with mild cases who may have not been counted before — the researchers looked to data from people who were flown back to their various countries from Wuhan, China during the outbreak.

Those repatriated people were given PCR tests — tests which detect specific genetic material within the virus, according to a previous Live Science report. They also used data from Diamond Princess cruise ship passengers who also received PCR testing. Since these tests were given to people who didn't necessarily show symptoms, the researchers were able to estimate the prevalence of such cases.

Consistent with previous research, the new study also found that the death rate varied greatly by age. While the death rate was around 0.0016% in 0 to 9-year-olds, it increased to about 7.8% for people who were age 80 and above.

The researchers also found that nearly 1 in 5 people over the age of 80 infected with COVID-19 were likely to require hospitalization whereas only 1% of people under 30 were likely to be hospitalized.

"Estimating the case fatality ratio for COVID-19 in real time during its epidemic is very challenging," Shigui Ruan, a professor in the department of mathematics at The University of Miami wrote in an accompanying commentary. But the infection fatality ratio "is a very important piece of data that will help to guide the response from various government and public health authorities worldwide."

The case fatality ratios will vary slightly from county to country, based on differences in the policies and measures put in place to control the outbreak, he added. In any case, these mortality rate estimates are still much higher than that of the seasonal flu, which kills around 0.1% of people who are infected.

"Even though the fatality rate is low for younger people, it is very clear that any suggestion of COVID-19 being just like influenza is false," he wrote. For those between the ages of 20 to 29, for instance, the chance of dying from SARS-CoV-2 is 33 times higher than the odds of dying from seasonal influenza, he wrote.

28 devastating infectious diseases
11 (sometimes) deadly diseases that hopped across species
The 12 deadliest viruses on Earth
Originally published on Live Science.

Two quick points ...

1. My understanding of Covid-19 is that its pernicious effect largely comes about as a result of taxing the body it infects. Someone with an underlying health condtion results in that body having that weakness. If it wouldn't have killed the dead individual until / unless the Covid-19 infection intervened, then that means Covid tipped the balance, and in doing that, caused the death.

So, surely death attributable to Covid-19 becomes an accurate assessment ?

2. Perhaps judgment of what a cause of death is, is genuinely fudged because the balance between judging what did kill, is an extremely close judgment call ? This means that such cases where Covid gets the blame are just honest judgment calls, even though they might also be incorrect.

FakeNewsSux
04-26-2020, 10:11 PM
I for one am glad I bailed out of Miami in 1980 and haven't returned :)

Although I DID like it there, the place I remember is gone.

I lived in Cutler Ridge and Miami Springs in 1980. Sounds like we both got out before the cocaine cowboys took over.