PDA

View Full Version : Kim Jong Un in 'vegetative state', Japanese media claims

jimnyc
04-25-2020, 01:35 PM
--

Kim Jong Un in 'vegetative state', Japanese media claims; China medical experts dispatched to North Korea

Kim Jong Un’s health appears could be more serious than initially believed, according to reports.

Reports emerged earlier this week that Kim was gravely ill following heart surgery, although that has since been disputed. However, Japanese media now claims that Kim is in a vegetative state following a stent procedure.

Japanese magazine Shukan Gendai reported that Kim collapsed during a visit to a rural area in April. Kim reportedly required a stent procedure following the incident.

Shukan Gendai subsequently detailed how the surgeon in charge of Kim’s operation was not used to dealing with obese patients and was too nervous during the operation, leading to delays that left Kim in a “vegetative state.”

Rest - https://www.foxnews.com/world/kim-jong-un-vegetative-state-china-experts-north-korea

North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un rumored to be dead

Kim Jong Un is rumored to be dead, according to a Hong Kong broadcast network, while a Japanese magazine is reporting that North Korea’s rocket man is in a “vegetative state” after he underwent heart surgery earlier this month.

A vice director of HKSTV Hong Kong Satellite Television, a Beijing-backed broadcast network in Hong Kong, claimed that Kim was dead, citing a “very solid source.” Her post on the Chinese messaging app Weibo has been shared widely on social media, according to a report in the International Business Times.

Other unconfirmed reports, attributed to senior party sources in Beijing, said an operation to insert a stent went wrong because the surgeon’s hands were shaking so badly.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/25/north-korean-dictator-kim-jong-un-rumored-to-be-dead/

China sent team including medical experts to advise on North Korea’s Kim

BEIJING/SEOUL (Reuters) - China has dispatched a team to North Korea including medical experts to advise on North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, according to three people familiar with the situation.

The trip by the Chinese doctors and officials comes amid conflicting reports about the health of the North Korean leader. Reuters was unable to immediately determine what the trip by the Chinese team signaled in terms of Kim’s health.

A delegation led by a senior member of the Chinese Communist Party’s International Liaison Department left Beijing for North Korea on Thursday, two of the people said. The department is the main Chinese body dealing with neighbouring North Korea.

The sources declined to be identified given the sensitivity of the matter.

Rest - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-politics-exclusive/exclusive-china-sent-team-including-medical-experts-to-advise-on-north-koreas-kim-sources-say-idUSKCN2263DW

jimnyc
04-25-2020, 01:36 PM
If he's dead, or about to, then what? His sister? Will there be a power play? Will other countries immediately try to make contact and/or try to make changes?

Kathianne
04-25-2020, 02:07 PM
Possibilities:

https://www.outsidethebeltway.com/what-if-kim-jong-un-is-dead/

What if Kim Jong Un is Dead?
Some informed speculation.
JAMES JOYNER · FRIDAY, APRIL 24, 2020

Earlier in the week, Dave Schuler pointed to rumors that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un was seriously ill or even dead. As more time passes without public confirmation that he’s alive and running the government, that speculation will naturally increase. (And recall that it was days before we knew Kim’s father had died nine years ago.)

Writing at World Politics Review, Steve Metz speculates about what it would mean.

jimnyc
04-25-2020, 02:18 PM
Possibilities:

https://www.outsidethebeltway.com/what-if-kim-jong-un-is-dead/

If it's true, I for one won't be too sad about losing little fat guy. He was a true little dictator and the world would be much better without the likes of him. I'm afraid of what may appear after him. Will it be some kooky general we know little about, who would be crazier than all of them? And how much will China take advantage of?

Abbey Marie
04-25-2020, 02:20 PM
At least we can trust North Korea to be honest and forthcoming about the situation.

:rolleyes:

hjmick
04-25-2020, 02:33 PM
Would that make him Un-dead...

Black Diamond
04-25-2020, 02:41 PM

https://youtu.be/sOnqjkJTMaA

jimnyc
04-25-2020, 02:44 PM

I won't be so sad to see him in a fat little glass box next to Dad.

Black Diamond
04-25-2020, 02:47 PM
If little sister takes over, is she the most powerful woman on earth? Or would that still be Merkel?

hjmick
04-25-2020, 02:54 PM
If little sister takes over, is she the most powerful woman on earth? Or would that still be Merkel?

She'd certainly be the most dangerous...

NightTrain
04-25-2020, 09:37 PM
If Chunky kicks the bucket, I think there's a good chance that China will send in their military to seize and grab bio weapons and any nuke facilities.

The NoKo's won't accept a woman dictator, so the top military commanders will splinter and become local warlords with some pretty potent weapons.

I don't think China will stand by as their neighbor devolves into a free-for-all.

However... rumor has it that NoKo is riddled with The 'Rona, so it might be that China dares not send their troops into the mix.

I wonder if the Kung Flu nailed the tubby little dictator. He's certainly a prime candidate for a rough battle with it, especially if he had heart troubles.

Something I thought was humorous is that the heart surgeon was extremely nervous about working on him because "he had no experience working on obese patients"... yeah, I have to admit, I never considered that.

There's exactly one obese person in that starving nation, and unfortunately for the good doctor it's really the only one that counts. That's a pretty bad break.

He's going to be executed either way this plays out.

Hot Dogger
04-25-2020, 10:02 PM
Okay, so Kim Jong Dong is in a vegetative state.

Or in other words - business as usual in Poontang. Pyungwang. Whatever.

Hot Dogger
04-25-2020, 10:02 PM

I was going to say my wife.

Take my wife. Please.

jimnyc
04-26-2020, 10:33 AM
The secrecy and guessing continue...

I would imagine if he was not doing well, he would make some form of presence known as a show of force or confidence. Instead, crickets.

--

Senator Graham On Kim Jong Un: ‘I Pretty Well Believe He Is Dead Or Incapacitated’

South Carolina Republican Senator Lindsey Graham told Fox News host Jeanine Pirro on Saturday night that he believes that North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un is dead or incapacitated.

“Well, it’s a closed society, I don’t know anything directly,” Graham said. “But I’d be shocked if he’s not dead or in some incapacitated state because you don’t let rumors like this go forever or go unanswered in a closed society, which is really a cult, not a country, called North Korea.”

“So I pretty well believe he is dead or incapacitated,” Graham continued. “And I hope the long-suffering North Korean people will get some relief if he is dead, and President Trump’s willing to do business with North Korea in a win-win fashion. So, if this guy is dead, I hope the next person who takes over will work with President Trump to make North Korea a better place for everybody.”

Rest - https://www.dailywire.com/news/senator-graham-on-kim-jong-un-i-pretty-well-believe-he-is-dead-or-incapacitated

SassyLady
04-26-2020, 10:59 AM
Any bets on whether the surgeon who operated on him is still alive?

NightTrain
04-26-2020, 11:21 AM
Any bets on whether the surgeon who operated on him is still alive?

That guy is toast. No way he survived.

I'm thinking Lindsay Graham has it right. If Tubby was still alive they'd patch together a video to show all the peasants that he was still around - and more importantly, to stave off all the military commanders so that the maneuvering to seize control was prevented.

The wild card is how infected the masses are with the virus. It could be so catastrophic that all players are unable to field any meaningful force to make their move.

SassyLady
04-26-2020, 12:07 PM
That guy is toast. No way he survived.

I'm thinking Lindsay Graham has it right. If Tubby was still alive they'd patch together a video to show all the peasants that he was still around - and more importantly, to stave off all the military commanders so that the maneuvering to seize control was prevented.

The wild card is how infected the masses are with the virus. It could be so catastrophic that all players are unable to field any meaningful force to make their move.

Maybe China sent a sleeper agent who had the virus to visit with senior officials.

NightTrain
04-26-2020, 12:18 PM
Maybe China sent a sleeper agent who had the virus to visit with senior officials.

lol.... well, maybe! If they decided to get rid of him, that would be a pretty solid move.

At this point, nothing short of a nuclear strike by the Commies would surprise me.

Honestly though, rolling the dice on a new leader has to be a pretty decent chance on getting someone better in there. That whole lineage was been hell on earth for millions of people for decades. You really can't do much worse, and there's a better possibility that things would improve.

Russ
04-26-2020, 02:46 PM
It sounds to me like it wouldn’t be too difficult for China to take advantage to the situation and install someone as a China-controlled puppet ruler of N Korea. That might even be a good thing.

FakeNewsSux
04-26-2020, 07:28 PM
It sounds to me like it wouldn’t be too difficult for China to take advantage to the situation and install someone as a China-controlled puppet ruler of N Korea. That might even be a good thing.

They've had that ever since the collapse of the Soviet Empire. Without China, North Korea would cease to exist. Everything they do, and I mean everything, is controlled by China. They are China's pitbull sent out to scare other nations.