PDA

View Full Version : Boris IS BACK. Making his mark ...

Drummond
04-27-2020, 06:47 AM
Yes, Boris Johnson is back, working normally, apparently thoroughly reinvigorated from his time of recuperation from the rigours of Covid-19 infection.

Truth be told, the very fact that he caught the virus instead, despite giving excellent advice and leadership which would enable many of us NOT to, speaks of a certain recklessness on his part. Well, it's recklessness he paid for very heavily. I think it's taught him the wisdom of avoiding further such recklessness in applying his future leadership.

So, Boris has given us his latest thoughts on the UK's immediate future. They contain, commendably so, a commonsense approach divorced from recklessness.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/boris-johnson-statement-coronavirus-lockdown-082616546.html

Boris Johnson has warned of a huge loss of life if lockdown measures are lifted too soon, as he urged Britons to “contain their impatience” during the fight against coronavirus.

In his first address to the nation since returning to work after being treated in intensive care, the prime minister said the UK is now beginning to “turn the tide” in the battle against COVID-19, but that Britain is also now at “the moment of maximum risk”.

Johnson, speaking outside 10 Downing Street on Monday morning, said that while Britain has “begun to wrestle coronavirus to the floor”, he was not prepared to risk a second peak by easing government guidance too early.

I only wish that certain of your Governors thought as Boris clearly does. I say that Boris has got this exactly right.

He is, indeed, proving to be a great and caring Conservative leader. An enormous credit to his Party, his nation, maybe even to humanity itself.

I hope that others here, after reflection, will think that Boris's wisdom is worth heeding. He speaks for me, as one Conservative to another, representing good and caring Conservative ideals.

Hot Dogger
04-27-2020, 07:13 AM
He was prolly drying out. And the only mark he's making is a skidmark and the mark of the beast. I'm an American and could give a screw about Great Britain and their monarchy, the only good royalty or crown is Royal Crown Cola. And the only Parliament I care about is Parliament Funkadelic.

:cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJvjWh2Vhu4

Drummond
04-27-2020, 07:49 AM
He was prolly drying out. And the only mark he's making is a skidmark and the mark of the beast.

What lovely language and imagery, Hot Dogger.

Tell me again (on the appropriate thread, of course !) of your thoughts about Christianity.

I'm an American and could give a screw about Great Britain and their monarchy, the only good royalty or crown is Royal Crown Cola. And the only Parliament I care about is Parliament Funkadelic.

:cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJvjWh2Vhu4

And this needs any comment from me ?? :rolleyes::laugh::laugh:

Your views are your own, and good luck to you in holding them.

You may need that luck. Maybe you won't be served well by clinging to the beliefs you have.

But that's your business, & absolutely not mine.

Stay well.

Hot Dogger
04-27-2020, 08:16 AM
But that's your business, & absolutely not mine.

Stay well.

Yes, I will stay well, very very well. And you too. People will ask me, "What do you do?" I'll respond, "I'm in business." They'll respond, "What's your business?" Then I'll say, "It's my business and none of yours."

Drummond
04-27-2020, 09:02 AM
Yes, I will stay well, very very well. And you too.

Appreciated, & thanks.

People will ask me, "What do you do?" I'll respond, "I'm in business." They'll respond, "What's your business?" Then I'll say, "It's my business and none of yours.":laugh::laugh:

And, good luck to you.

They have a right to their question, though. They can't know what your response is until you give it. So, to get it, they have to ask.

Hot Dogger
04-27-2020, 10:29 AM
Drummond, thank you for understanding my crankiness, bless you. All of you.

Gunny
04-27-2020, 05:31 PM
Yes, Boris Johnson is back, working normally, apparently thoroughly reinvigorated from his time of recuperation from the rigours of Covid-19 infection.

Truth be told, the very fact that he caught the virus instead, despite giving excellent advice and leadership which would enable many of us NOT to, speaks of a certain recklessness on his part. Well, it's recklessness he paid for very heavily. I think it's taught him the wisdom of avoiding further such recklessness in applying his future leadership.

So, Boris has given us his latest thoughts on the UK's immediate future. They contain, commendably so, a commonsense approach divorced from recklessness.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/boris-johnson-statement-coronavirus-lockdown-082616546.html

I only wish that certain of your Governors thought as Boris clearly does. I say that Boris has got this exactly right.

He is, indeed, proving to be a great and caring Conservative leader. An enormous credit to his Party, his nation, maybe even to humanity itself.

I hope that others here, after reflection, will think that Boris's wisdom is worth heeding. He speaks for me, as one Conservative to another, representing good and caring Conservative ideals.I am glad for you and your country that PM Johnson pulled through. I can't even imagine the political mess otherwise, given what he has had had to go through.

Drummond
04-27-2020, 09:45 PM
I am glad for you and your country that PM Johnson pulled through. I can't even imagine the political mess otherwise, given what he has had had to go through.

Very appreciated, Gunny -- thank you.

And you're absolutely right. His opposition winning through ... we'd have a totally sabotaged economy by now, not just one in deep freeze. Labour had in mind a massive spending programme. If they'd pushed ahead with it, THEN Covid-19 had hit .. I think that recovery would've been impossible.

Boris's leadership is currently devoid of error. He precisely understands (not least because it almost killed him) that, no matter how much we all want to relax lockdown controls, doing it now guarantees disaster. He said in his speech that we're at maximum threat from the virus right now.

Every bit of scientific wisdom at our Government's disposal backs that up.

There are certain people who won't face that reality, as a sheer act of escapist will. I'm very glad we have a PM who will, and will do his utmost to serve our true interests in the face of it.

Good Conservatives are to be treasured. Boris is a stellar example of one.