PDA

View Full Version : 1 In 10 Americans Believe U.S. Government Created Coronavirus

jimnyc
04-27-2020, 04:44 PM
Oy vey. No facts, no proof, no buy into this BS.

The leftie MSM is pushing fear, fear and more fear. The MSM has been busted endless times outright lying about things on this virus. They are all in attack orange man once again, even investigations. It carries down to the left supporters, everywhere I have seen at least. Folks on the right are being "blamed" for wanting their rights or protesting for them, and much of that was lied about as well. The social media of which all is leftie ran, once again censors again censors crap galore. Removing anything that may support Trump. Youtube not only censoring, outright stating that they will delete things if it goes against what WHO is recommending. Oh, did I mention they lied too? So the lefties bought this hook, line and sinker (as well all did for a spell), and spent every waking second posting and talking about more fear. Oh, and its Trump's fault.

But yet it's right who buy into conspiracy theories? Bullshit. Hell, with all of the endless lying by both the democrat congress and the MSM, twisting to place blame from day one, pushing fear by the ounce.... hell, they are almost collectively a walking conspiracy themselves. Same with China, WHO & the MSM, all lying scum IMO. Same goes for myth BS, at least in my experience. Myself, I generally demand facts. So many others here do as well. So many others on the right that I know, all similar.

Came from a lab in Wuhan? Most likely so and endless proof already to show that. As a bioweapon? Not so much, unless you count letting out the sick without informing the world. Perhaps some do believe other conspiracy crap, I can't honestly claim to know who does and who doesn't. Just odd IMO is all.

And with all that venting and blabbing - I see absolutely nothing whatsoever to believe this was created by our government. And like I said, nothing other than accidental in China too.

--

Survey: 1 In 10 Americans Believe U.S. Government Created Coronavirus

Survey shows nearly a quarter of Americans believe the coronavirus originated in Chinese lab.
One in five adults feel the outbreak is being over-exaggerated as a means to bring down President Trump’s chances at reelection.
Social media, conservative news linked to belief in misinformation or conspiracy theories about the virus.

PHILADELPHIA — Where do you usually get your news? If the answer is a conservative media outlet, you’re more likely to believe COVID-19 misinformation or conspiracy theories, according to a new study just released by the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania. The study also found a similar connection regarding social media use and belief in false coronavirus stories.

Over a thousand adults were surveyed in the beginning of March on their news and media consumption habits and beliefs regarding the coronavirus.

All in all, a significant correlation between conservative news consumption and belief in various COVID-19 myths was observed. Such conspiracies include the theory that the coronavirus originated in a Chinese lab for use as a bioweapon; the notion that the CDC has exaggerated the threat posed by COVID-19 to damage Donald Trump’s chances of being re-elected; and the belief that enough vitamin C can make a person immune to the coronavirus.

Additionally, surveyed adults who frequently used platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, etc, were more likely to believe similar theories (vitamin C leads to immunity, the virus was created by the U.S. government). Interestingly, adults who reported usually using web aggregators (Google News, Yahoo! News) were less likely to believe that hand-washing and social distancing were effective ways to avoid contracting COVID-19. Granted, at the time this survey was held we didn’t know as much as we do now about the coronavirus’ nature.

Conversely, respondents who reported watching mostly broadcast news (CBS, ABC, NBC) were more likely to accurately believe that the coronavirus is more dangerous than the seasonal flu. Adults who usually turn to mainstream print news (The New York Times, Wall Street Journal) were also much more likely to hold factual beliefs on the virus and disregard conspiracies about Chinese labs or targeted attempts to hurt President Trump’s reputation.

Rest - https://www.studyfinds.org/social-media-conservative-news-linked-to-belief-in-coronavirus-misinformation-conspiracies/

Gunny
04-27-2020, 04:48 PM
:facepalm99:

SassyLady
04-27-2020, 05:40 PM
:believecrap:

Gunny
04-27-2020, 05:46 PM
:believecrap:Everybody knows Kung flu is Chinese. Even us uneducated, conservative rednecks learned that watching watching Enter the Dragon Jet Li movies :)

SassyLady
04-27-2020, 05:48 PM
Everybody knows Kung flu is Chinese. Even us uneducated, conservative rednecks learned that watching watching Enter the Dragon Jet Li movies :)
:slap:
:laugh:

See ... we don't need foxnews to have an opinion!