PDA

View Full Version : Out and About

SassyLady
04-27-2020, 06:10 PM
Went to town today .... to cacti nursery, Lowe's and Chipolte.

Maybe 2 out of 20 people at Lowe's had mask. All cashiers had masks but stockers and customers were hit or miss. Everyone giving each other plenty of space.

Nursery ... we were only customers and owner said they would wear mask if we wanted them to. We were outside, its 93° at 10 AM so none of the three of us wore masks but kept our distance and disinfected before and after.

Chipolte. Tried to call in order. They said we could come in to order as normal but couldn't stay to eat. Markings on floor helped people keep distance. I wore mask but other customers were hit or miss. All workers wore gloves and masks.

Got home and made sure to wash our hands before moving through house.

This is doable everyone.

Kathianne
04-27-2020, 06:27 PM

Maybe 2 out of 20 people at Lowe's had mask. All cashiers had masks but stockers and customers were hit or miss. Everyone giving each other plenty of space.

Nursery ... we were only customers and owner said they would wear mask if we wanted them to. We were outside, its 93° at 10 AM so none of the three of us wore masks but kept our distance and disinfected before and after.

Chipolte. Tried to call in order. They said we could come in to order as normal but couldn't stay to eat. Markings on floor helped people keep distance. I wore mask but other customers were hit or miss. All workers wore gloves and masks.

This is doable everyone.

Yep, that's pretty much how it is here, just a bit north of you.

Hot Dogger
04-27-2020, 09:03 PM
This is doable everyone.

That's exactly what our handlers want to hear, be a good little slave and get in your boxcar and stay there until the neutron bombs go off. No, it's neither doable or tolerable.

We need to take this country back and now.

SassyLady
04-28-2020, 03:11 AM
That's exactly what our handlers want to hear, be a good little slave and get in your boxcar and stay there until the neutron bombs go off. No, it's neither doable or tolerable.

KMA!

I said it's doable to get out and about now using caution. I never said stay in boxcar. The only thing I saw differently today than from before is a few people wearing masks and not sitting at a table in restaurant. Pretty sure that will happen soon.

But you can eat your tuna stew in your boxcar if you want and wait for bombs.

Drummond
04-28-2020, 06:52 AM

Thing is ... are you taking your country back for yourselves, or for the virus ?

I suppose it depends on what State Governor you have.

Still, I won't press the point. I've understood how pointless an exercise that can be. Me, I'm fortunate to have a superb Prime Minister, offering stellar leadership. Based on realism.

A very good man indeed.

jimnyc
04-28-2020, 06:59 AM
I said it's doable to get out and about now using caution.

Using caution? Common sense too, maybe? Do what the essential workers have been doing all along?

Yups. And without deciding who still has rights and who has them taken away. No one ever said to open up and act like Iran... it's a matter of doing pretty much the same thing that essentials have been doing, and of course companies are taking a much larger and much more detailed approach.

Not hard and extremely doable. We know this factually as a fair percentage of our nation has been doing so all along. And if opening up, I think the thought process and protections need to be adhered to that much more. And extremely small price to pay for ensuring ones rights.

Drummond
04-28-2020, 07:03 AM

This is doable everyone.

You know, I'm really wondering about this whole 'wear masks, or not' issue.

Our people have consistently said that they're next to useless, and worse, getting hold of your own supply robs healthcare workers of their own supply; therefore, if you use them as a private individual, it amounts to an antisocial act.

If I were back in my city of birth (London), I'd probably find a small minority of people wearing them, i.e in walking around, I'd see someone, somewhere, wearing one.

But I'm not. I'm in south Wales these days. Throughout this whole Covid-19 emergency, guess how many people I've seen wearing any.

I'll tell you. ONE person. That's in MONTHS.

Our saving grace is that we're diligent hand washers, though. Welsh infection figures aren't nearly as bad as for the UK as a whole.

-- Which, I think, is interesting.

SassyLady
04-28-2020, 11:46 AM
I think the right mask would help motivate. This is mine. My friend made it for me.

jimnyc
04-28-2020, 12:06 PM
Got me a few political ones on the way, and these are my 2 latest!

https://i.imgur.com/k3vgJK6.jpg