PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump Wants State Lockdowns to Face Legal Scrutiny

jimnyc
04-28-2020, 07:12 AM
Do what ya gotta do to help people, and people do all the things I stated over and over and over and over, and no reason to run and take away rights. Folks don't need rights revoked, even temporarily, in order to lead their lives.

And as below. The orders to do some things in the beginning weren't so bad, but made you wonder where those orders specifically came from. A few Acts and such allowed for quite a few things, including the Defense production act as well, for making things. But then it started going further, almost day by day. Close this close that, bar this and bar that. The list went on, from walking a dog, to being with your kid in the park, to going for a drive & many of the simple things we do with our freedoms.

The ability to just take these things away isn't codified anywhere that I'm aware of. Some governors just outright came up with some new rules in the name of protecting people. You know, like catching the virus from a .38 special. Or from the interior of your own vehicle. And then it was the police and their enforcement. Some petty, but then came out the sheriffs to honor and protect our rights.

You bet this will all need to be looked at down the road, and also have a form of resolution so it doesn't happen again. Luckily, I have complete faith that our freedoms will win out. And there will be ways to protect the public at large as well.

--

Donald Trump Wants State Lockdowns to Face Legal Scrutiny

President Donald Trump on Monday at the White House defended Attorney General Bill Barr’s concerns about some coronavirus restrictions violating the Constitution.

“The fact that people aren’t allowed to have their freedom causes tremendous amounts of problems, including death,” Trump said during a press conference on Monday at the White House

Trump was asked by a reporter about Barr’s memo that directed federal prosecutors to look for state and local stay at home orders that went too far. Barr wrote:

Many policies that would be unthinkable in regular times have become commonplace in recent weeks, and we do not want to unduly interfere with the important efforts of state and local officials to protect the public. But the Constitution is not suspended in times of crisis.

Trump indicated that he agreed with Barr’s approach.

“He wants to be sure people have their rights and that they maintain their rights, very importantly,” Trump said. “A lot of people agree with him.”

Trump noted that some businesses were facing financial ruin because of government lockdown orders.

“By the way, that causes death also, between all of the things that happen,” he said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/27/donald-trump-wants-state-lockdowns-to-face-legal-scrutiny/

Drummond
04-28-2020, 07:34 AM
Do what ya gotta do to help people, and people do all the things I stated over and over and over and over, and no reason to run and take away rights. Folks don't need rights revoked, even temporarily, in order to lead their lives.

And as below. The orders to do some things in the beginning weren't so bad, but made you wonder where those orders specifically came from. A few Acts and such allowed for quite a few things, including the Defense production act as well, for making things. But then it started going further, almost day by day. Close this close that, bar this and bar that. The list went on, from walking a dog, to being with your kid in the park, to going for a drive & many of the simple things we do with our freedoms.

The ability to just take these things away isn't codified anywhere that I'm aware of. Some governors just outright came up with some new rules in the name of protecting people. You know, like catching the virus from a .38 special. Or from the interior of your own vehicle. And then it was the police and their enforcement. Some petty, but then came out the sheriffs to honor and protect our rights.

You bet this will all need to be looked at down the road, and also have a form of resolution so it doesn't happen again. Luckily, I have complete faith that our freedoms will win out. And there will be ways to protect the public at large as well.

--

President Donald Trump on Monday at the White House defended Attorney General Bill Barr’s concerns about some coronavirus restrictions violating the Constitution.

“The fact that people aren’t allowed to have their freedom causes tremendous amounts of problems, including death,” Trump said during a press conference on Monday at the White House

Trump was asked by a reporter about Barr’s memo that directed federal prosecutors to look for state and local stay at home orders that went too far. Barr wrote:

“He wants to be sure people have their rights and that they maintain their rights, very importantly,” Trump said. “A lot of people agree with him.”

Trump noted that some businesses were facing financial ruin because of government lockdown orders.

“By the way, that causes death also, between all of the things that happen,” he said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/27/donald-trump-wants-state-lockdowns-to-face-legal-scrutiny/

This suggests that I've reason to amend my thinking, then. In one small respect, anyway.

I've been regarding certain Governors as 'rogue'. I've described them as rogue. But I'm wondering, now, whether their attitudes and actions are more mainstream than I've believed. More generally perceived as being fully defendable.

Opening up this potential debate to discuss rights v wrongs is, I fully understand, a completely futile exercise. People need to listen to the others' point of view .. weigh it .. counter with logic over force of will.

So that's that, then.

My only comment, basically, is this: 'freedoms' need to be survivable. Freedoms threatening pandemics don't particularly qualify.

Wuhan. Source of our current pandemic, and it took off from rather modest beginnings to become the horror it is today. Do the authorities who allowed its spread need to be made accountable for their actions ? I say: yes, absolutely.

Would other such authorities who ever do the same, though, earn equivalent accountability ?

This seems to be rather more arguable than I'd imagine.

Trouble is, such an argument can't be usefully entered into. Can it ?

No matter. Better to just concentrate on living ... given the chance to. I hope to be granted that chance.

It's a freedom I like to enjoy, you see.

jimnyc
04-28-2020, 08:03 AM
Here's what I see, Drummond.

We have our rights here, as discussed obviously. But that doesn't mean people want to die, nor that they will be like Iran or whatever. Opening up still requires 100% and full attention to common sense and utilizing all protections imaginable.

And leaders, from Trump to the Georgia governor, if working properly at least - it's their job to ensure we have all of our rights protected. They don't have a choice really, they work for us. Of course some do what they want anyway, as once voted in not much you can do other than vote them out next time.

None of them would be doing wrong necessarily, really in anyone's eyes, as they should be listening to their constituents and mainly making decisions based on what they want. They represent us.

Of course and absolutely, freedom comes with large responsibility, and with various protections to maximize the health for everyone here.

You have your choices and I have mine and Kath has hers..... The president has some, then our governors, then our senators, other reps down to our mayors. Then business owners all have choices and then of course the employees have choices. All should be respected. All common sense all the way around used and everyone working together as one, to build that immunity & to maximize our health. As it is now, folks should wear masks, gloves & wash up non-stop and all the same precautions we were told from day one. Nothing changes but our 'rights'.

Folks out there now DO get sick, but the extreme majority of them are because they are 80 or above, compromised immunity system & not using any protections or common sense. But again, the extreme majority out there are not getting sick. And outside of hospitals and doctor offices - the rest are marijuana stores, bars, groceries, gas stations, gun stores, hardware stores.... no offense to those workers, but not rocket scientists, and I'm more than confident we too could do what they are doing. Think about it, if a 17 year old kid can wake at 7am mon-friday, get to mcdonalds or the local hardware store, and stay safe throughout all of this - because he's using common sense and taking all available protections - them I'm confident others can. And it will build up that herd immunity much much faster, while nearly impossible if everyone locked down.

Seems 90+% and above will likely be just fine anyway, no issues. The elderly and compromised - protect them at all costs. So only a smaller percentage is even at risk, similar to the flu. The numbers sound bad as they are shoved down our throats daily.

When the flu hospitalizes 500,000 in a year, and kills nearly 60,000 - fact is we barely hear about it.

I enjoy living too, which is why I bought so much disinfectant, gloves and different model masks. Unless in my truck, I do what I gotta do to protect myself, my face, and even keep me from sneezing on others or whatever. A few minutes of time and I too can do what the burger flipper at McDonalds does!

With the knowledge of who is at risk and who isn't, what one can do to protect themselves and others, companies using phased plans in addition, avoiding elderly and such.... The risk is actually rather low, Maybe a little higher than the flu, but not by much.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-28-2020, 09:21 AM

--

Certainly is a true and great need to investigate. As many in power must have decided that the Constitution no longer exists and only their whims/goals and puny thoughts do!
To be vigilant and to protect our rights against such blatant, stupid, unreasonable and illegal overreach is certain in the purview of the President and Barr- additionally much, if not all of it, is their sworn DUTY!
As is legally possible and just --heads should roll over some of the insane transgressions some officials made, including those made by some police, imho..
As is quite evident, some cops thinking nothing of crapping on your Constitutional rights, your freedoms , etc...
Now action must be taken to deal with what we have seen of that power-mad insanity , imho... - Tyr