PDA

View Full Version : Islam - A religion of "peace"

jimnyc
09-12-2007, 06:35 AM
9458 terror related deaths since 9/11.

More people are killed by Islamists each year than in all 350 years of the Spanish Inquisition combined.

More civilians were killed by Muslim extremists in two hours on September 11th than in the 36 years of sectarian conflict in Northern Ireland.

Islamic terrorists murder more people every day than the Ku Klux Klan has in the last 50 years.

19 Muslim hijackers killed more innocents in two hours on September 11th than the number of American criminals executed in the last 65 years.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/9518/gotquranez3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

diuretic
09-12-2007, 06:55 AM
Jim - do we have to?

Gott mit uns

Do you want to go there?

jimnyc
09-12-2007, 08:03 AM
Jim - do we have to?

Gott mit uns

Do you want to go there?

Surely, just speaking the current facts here is all!

chesswarsnow
09-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But Islam has proven to the world in general, it is a *Death Religion*.
2. Its whole purpose is based on *Death*.
3. Death to the soul, if you are born into it.
4. Death if you try to leave it.
5. Death if you say something against it.
6. Death if you are outside of it.
7. That pretty much covers it.
8. Drag out the squirrel,:pee:Islam

9. "Islam is a Religion of Death"~ *CWN*, quote.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

5stringJeff
09-14-2007, 07:54 AM
More people are killed by Islamists each year than in all 350 years of the Spanish Inquisition combined.

That stat is getting dragged out every time someone mentions how horrible Christians have acted over the last 2000 years.

diuretic
09-14-2007, 08:39 AM
That stat is getting dragged out every time someone mentions how horrible Christians have acted over the last 2000 years.

The Jews from Spain shot through to North Africa when the Christians went through there.

Let's keep some historical perspective here. You don't want to hold Christians up as the great moral arbiters, the evidence is against it. Far better to accept that humans have a propensity to fundie mentalism and it occurs in all religions at some time and is responsible for some really brutal policies.

5stringJeff
09-14-2007, 03:59 PM
The Jews from Spain shot through to North Africa when the Christians went through there.

Let's keep some historical perspective here. You don't want to hold Christians up as the great moral arbiters, the evidence is against it. Far better to accept that humans have a propensity to fundie mentalism and it occurs in all religions at some time and is responsible for some really brutal policies.

I won't deny that there has been a lot of killing in the name of Christ. I will state, emphatically, however, that such killings have no theological basis in Christianity or the Bible. The same cannot be said for Islam.

jimnyc
09-14-2007, 04:24 PM
9458 terror related deaths since 9/11.

Now 9,482

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/9518/gotquranez3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

dan
09-14-2007, 04:53 PM

"Well, I wasn't expecting the Spanish inquisition."

"NOBODY expects the Spanish inquisition!"

Any Monty Python fans?

diuretic
09-14-2007, 11:24 PM

Any Monty Python fans?

Bring out the comfy chair!! :D

Psychoblues
09-14-2007, 11:51 PM
LazyBoy is an American institution of furniture and political doctrine, doc.

The real cowboys are all dead.

5stringJeff
09-15-2007, 05:20 PM

Any Monty Python fans?

You guys rule.

Kathianne
09-15-2007, 05:29 PM

LOL!

“I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!”

Guernicaa
09-15-2007, 06:40 PM
Whats your point jim?

Should we punish the majority because of a minority?

Gunny
09-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Whats your point jim?

Should we punish the majority because of a minority?

Happens every day in THIS country ... Roe v Wade, gay marriage ......

Yurt
09-15-2007, 08:31 PM

:lol:

If ever someboy walked into something.....

You are talking, combined, probably less than 10% of this country.

Gunny
09-15-2007, 08:32 PM
:lol:

If ever someboy walked into something.....

You are talking, combined, probably less than 10% of this country.

Yeah, THAT one was TOO easy.:laugh2:

Guernicaa
09-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Happens every day in THIS country ... Roe v Wade,
http://www.pollingreport.com/abortion.htm

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/01/22/opinion/polls/main537570.shtml

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/abortion_poll030122.html

http://www.religioustolerance.org/abopoll04.htm

Why do you lie?

Gunny
09-16-2007, 08:13 AM

Why do you lie?

Why are YOU full of more shit than a Thanksgiving turkey?

Do you actually shave yet? Or just put a little milk on your face and let the cat lick it off?

Said1
09-16-2007, 10:26 AM

Do you actually shave yet? Or just put a little milk on your face and let the cat lick it off?

Milk does a body good. :laugh2:

jimnyc
09-16-2007, 10:31 AM
Whats your point jim?

My point is that the "religion of peace" is far from that. Suicide attacks daily, murders daily, beating their wives, killing those who attempt to leave the faith, desire to kill those who won't convert to Islam...

Guernicaa
09-16-2007, 01:21 PM

Whats the matter dick head??
Can't handle facts when they're thrown in your face???

Why don't you provide a series of credible links that suggest the majority of Americans aren't pro-choice???
BECAUSE YOU CAN'T!!!!!

:finger3::finger3::finger3::finger3::finger3:

Guernicaa
09-16-2007, 01:23 PM
My point is that the "religion of peace" is far from that. Suicide attacks daily, murders daily, beating their wives, killing those who attempt to leave the faith, desire to kill those who won't convert to Islam...
But again, should we punish the majority because of a minority?

jimnyc
09-16-2007, 04:55 PM

I don't recall saying anything about punishing the innocent. I'm simply pointing out the facts. I don't believe the rhetoric about Islam being a religion of peace.

And while the killers may be in the minority, those involved in Islamic fanaticism is very far from being small numbers. I'm also a little baffled as to why the majority rarely, if ever, are standing out against the minority, or reaching out to the rest of the world to assure people they are against these activities and don't condone the violence. The only time in the near past I recall them reaching out is when a cartoon made them angry.

Yurt
09-16-2007, 07:05 PM

Why don't you provide a series of credible links that suggest the majority of Americans aren't pro-choice???
BECAUSE YOU CAN'T!!!!!

Where are your facts that backup your claim?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yurt
09-16-2007, 07:07 PM

What exactly are you saying or trying to get across with this slogan you keep using?

Do you actually realize what you are saying? Do you not realize that your "beliefs" contradict this slogan of yours?

Guernicaa
09-17-2007, 05:09 PM
Where are your facts that backup your claim?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Yurt, I'm not trying to be mean, but you REALLY need to learn how to fuckin read. I listed numerous sources of facts a few posts back confirming that the majority of Americans are indeed pro-choice....Wake the fuck up and start reading:

Why do you lie?

Face it bitches: America is pro-choice.

Guernicaa
09-17-2007, 05:12 PM
What exactly are you saying or trying to get across with this slogan you keep using?

Do you actually realize what you are saying? Do you not realize that your "beliefs" contradict this slogan of yours?
How do my beliefs "contradict" my slogan???

And if this has anything to do with abortion please dont make me have to slap you guys across the face again. The majority of Americans are pro-choice, and I've listed numerous sources of factual information confirming this.

Missileman
09-17-2007, 05:35 PM

What a crock! Noone in the majority is being punished due to either of those.

Kathianne
09-17-2007, 06:00 PM
I don't recall saying anything about punishing the innocent. I'm simply pointing out the facts. I don't believe the rhetoric about Islam being a religion of peace.

And while the killers may be in the minority, those involved in Islamic fanaticism is very far from being small numbers. I'm also a little baffled as to why the majority rarely, if ever, are standing out against the minority, or reaching out to the rest of the world to assure people they are against these activities and don't condone the violence. The only time in the near past I recall them reaching out is when a cartoon made them angry.

Me neither and there is always lots of things that prove it:

http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSL1723208720070917?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews&rpc=22&sp=true

Police tell threatened Swedish artist to leave home
Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:37am EDT

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - A Swedish artist threatened with death over his drawing of Islam's Prophet Mohammad has been told by police he is no longer safe living at home.

Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, leader of the self-styled Islamic State in Iraq, offered up to $150,000 on Saturday for the murder of artist Lars Vilks for drawing the head of the Prophet on the body of a dog.

"I can't live here," Vilks told Reuters by phone. "SAPO (Sweden's security service) have judged that it (the threat) is very serious."

He was allowed to go home and collect some things but it may be a long time before he is able to return again, he said.

"We have had contact with him (Vilks) and together with him are taking the decisions that are necessary," a police spokesman said.

In an audiotape posted on the Internet, Baghdadi offered a lower bounty for the death of the editor of daily Nerikes Allehanda, which published the drawing last month in what it called a defense of free speech.

Top Swedish firms such as truck maker Volvo, mobile network builder Ericsson and retailer Ikea were also threatened unless an apology was forthcoming for the drawing.

The threats against Vilks and the newspaper mirror a crisis in Denmark last year.

Cartoons published in a Danish paper and reprinted around the world sparked riots in the Middle East, Asia and Africa in which at least 50 people died, and attacks against Danish embassies and a boycott of Danish goods.

Gunny
09-17-2007, 09:23 PM

BECAUSE YOU CAN'T!!!!!

First off, your ABC link doesn's support you, peach fuzz. The rest of your links are about as credible as you.

So why don't you quit trying to sell manure and get a brain? I can and have pulled up just as many links that say you're full of shit. But since I find them about as credible as yours, I'm not going to make myself look like the jackass you have made yourself out to be by posting pure, partisan drivel.

The fact is, it's too complex an issue for a single-cell life form such as yourself to even come close to understanding.

Gunny
09-17-2007, 09:26 PM
What a crock! Noone in the majority is being punished due to either of those.

Go get in line with your little punkass boytoy and purchase a clue. You've been owned so many times on this board you should feel like France.

Gunny
09-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Yurt, I'm not trying to be mean, but you REALLY need to learn how to fuckin read. I listed numerous sources of facts a few posts back confirming that the majority of Americans are indeed pro-choice....Wake the fuck up and start reading:

Face it bitches: America is pro-choice.

And since you're so fucking smart ... I suppose you can break this argument down, right?

Abortion for convenience as opposed to partial-birth abortion as opposed to abortion for medical necessity. Let's see your numbers on each, from a credible source this time, Einstein.

Otherwise fuck off and go pound sand.

Missileman
09-17-2007, 09:57 PM
Go get in line with your little punkass boytoy and purchase a clue. You've been owned so many times on this board you should feel like France.

Only in your dreams fuckhead! Your claim was and still is pure bullshit and it's plain for all to see.

Gunny
09-17-2007, 10:05 PM
Only in your dreams fuckhead! Your claim was and still is pure bullshit and it's plain for all to see.

The bullshit claim is yours. What, you couldn't find some dishonest religious argument to make somewhere so you thought you'd branch out with them?

The statement stands until someone shows CREDIBLE (I can spell that slower for you if need be) evidence otherwise.

It's no different than SP's like YOU trying to shove your Godless shit down the throats of the majority in this Nation that are Christians.

Missileman
09-17-2007, 10:13 PM
The bullshit claim is yours. What, you couldn't find some dishonest religious argument to make somewhere so you thought you'd branch out with them?

The statement stands until someone shows CREDIBLE (I can spell that slower for you if need be) evidence otherwise.

It's no different than SP's like YOU trying to shove your Godless shit down the throats of the majority in this Nation that are Christians.

Until you can demonstrate that the majority of Americans are being punished by Roe vs Wade or gay marriage, your statement will continue to remain BULLSHIT!

Gunny
09-17-2007, 10:19 PM
Until you can demonstrate that the majority of Americans are being punished by Roe vs Wade or gay marriage, your statement will continue to remain BULLSHIT!

As I thought ... all mouth and no substance. Just another huckster demanding common knowledge shit.

I think the gay marriage issue was settled rather decidedly, was it not? It got demanded and the demanders got sent packing. Right? End of story.

Roe v Wade is a decision made by a Federal court usurping the rights of the individual states, and taking away their Rights to vote on an issue. That's as "shoved down one's throat" as it gets.

Now slink back into your corner, or go find the religious forum where you obviously have honed your dishonest arguments a little better.

Missileman
09-17-2007, 10:31 PM
As I thought ... all mouth and no substance. Just another huckster demanding common knowledge shit.

I think the gay marriage issue was settled rather decidedly, was it not? It got demanded and the demanders got sent packing. Right? End of story.

Roe v Wade is a decision made by a Federal court usurping the rights of the individual states, and taking away their Rights to vote on an issue. That's as "shoved down one's throat" as it gets.

Now slink back into your corner, or go find the religious forum where you obviously have honed your dishonest arguments a little better.

Go get your reading glasses! How are the majority of Americans being punished(as you claim) by Roe vs. Wade or gay marriage. Are they dragging women down to abortion clinics against their will? Have they forced a man to marry another man?

How about bringing something to the table besides false labels and exaggeration and crying about "dishonest" arguments when you can't come up with an intelligent rebuttal?

Gunny
09-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Go get your reading glasses! How are the majority of Americans being punished(as you claim) by Roe vs. Wade or gay marriage. Are they dragging women down to abortion clinics against their will? Have they forced a man to marry another man?

How about bringing something to the table besides false labels and exaggeration and crying about "dishonest" arguments when you can't come up with an intelligent rebuttal?

Americans aren't being punished by Roe v Wade by having the a Fed judge take away every individual's right to vote on the issue of abortion in their own state?

How about you bringing something to the table besides "no it isn't?" I haven't seen shit from you but opinion.

Oh, and I don't need to cry about shit. You make dishonest arguments. Fact. I'm just stating fact.

BTW .. you have presented absolutely NOTHING to rebut.

Missileman
09-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Americans aren't being punished by Roe v Wade by having the a Fed judge take away every individual's right to vote on the issue of abortion in their own state?

No, that doesn't meet the definition of punishnment, which has been my point all along. By your own admission, the gay marriage issue has pretty much been shot down, so that claim falls into the bullshit pile too...again, the point of my initial post.

Oh, and I don't need to cry about shit.

And yet the crying continues!

Gunny
09-17-2007, 10:49 PM
No, that doesn't meet the definition of punishnment, which has been my point all along. By your own admission, the gay marriage issue has pretty much been shot down, so that claim falls into the bullshit pile too...again, the point of my initial post.

And yet the crying continues!

It DOES meet the definition of the majority suffering the tyranny of the minoity; which is what I responded to.

And please don't try the intellectually dishonest bullshit on me. You know as well as I do that once one state has recognized -- which one has -- it's going to spread via judicial legislation. So just spare yourself the agony.

The only one crying here is YOU. Otherwise you wouldn't have open your big fucking nouth to spew your lies to begin with.

Missileman
09-17-2007, 11:02 PM
It DOES meet the definition of the majority suffering the tyranny of the minoity; which is what I responded to.

Actually, you responded to a statement about punishing the majority for the actions of a minority...who knows, maybe your ginko is wearing off.

As for abortion, get back to me when you have proof that the majority of Americans are opposed to Roe vs. Wade, because without it, your claim is nothing but baseless conjecture.

And please don't try the intellectually dishonest bullshit on me. You know as well as I do that once one state has recognized -- which one has -- it's going to spread via judicial legislation. So just spare yourself the agony.

Now your gonna fucking cry about me quoting you? Maybe your midol is wearing off too.

diuretic
09-18-2007, 01:58 AM

How come it's not happening every day everywhere there are Muslims? There are three mosques in my city and I just checked...nope....all quiet.

jimnyc
09-18-2007, 05:00 AM
How come it's not happening every day everywhere there are Muslims? There are three mosques in my city and I just checked...nope....all quiet.

My Muslim friends down the road here tell me that their religion allows them to have up to 4 wives. When was the last time you asked anyone at your local mosque if they beat their wives when they get out of line? Go there and ask a few entering the mosque what would happen to them if they decided to convert to Christianity.

But yes, of course it's more prominent in nations that are predominantly Muslim.

FWIW - Islamic Terrorism is now up to 9,506 deaths since 9/11 - and rising daily.

diuretic
09-18-2007, 05:21 AM
My Muslim friends down the road here tell me that their religion allows them to have up to 4 wives. When was the last time you asked anyone at your local mosque if they beat their wives when they get out of line? Go there and ask a few entering the mosque what would happen to them if they decided to convert to Christianity.

But yes, of course it's more prominent in nations that are predominantly Muslim.

FWIW - Islamic Terrorism is now up to 9,506 deaths since 9/11 - and rising daily.

We got from macro to micro very quickly didn't we? If Islam is so bad then it should follow that our three mosques should be bubbling over with dastardly people doing dastardly things. They're not.

jimnyc
09-18-2007, 05:38 AM
We got from macro to micro very quickly didn't we? If Islam is so bad then it should follow that our three mosques should be bubbling over with dastardly people doing dastardly things. They're not.

Ya never saw me go to micro! I think, and have solid proof, that Muslims beating their women is far from "micro". This is not only reality but also written in their beloved Quran! And while those at your local mosque might not be committing terrorist acts, that doesn't mean they don't subscribe to the belief that it's ok to beat women who disobey them.

Would you consider beating a woman you disagree with, or disobeyed you, to be a "dastardly" act?

Gunny
09-18-2007, 05:46 AM
Actually, you responded to a statement about punishing the majority for the actions of a minority...who knows, maybe your ginko is wearing off.

As for abortion, get back to me when you have proof that the majority of Americans are opposed to Roe vs. Wade, because without it, your claim is nothing but baseless conjecture.

Now your gonna fucking cry about me quoting you? Maybe your midol is wearing off too.

*yawn* Playing semantics ... again? Whoda' thunk it?

Question is, are YOU going to keep crying for getting nailed once again for being the dishonest jackass you are? You're full of shit, as usual.

Missileman
09-18-2007, 07:15 AM
*yawn* Playing semantics ... again? Whoda' thunk it?

Question is, are YOU going to keep crying for getting nailed once again for being the dishonest jackass you are? You're full of shit, as usual.

Leave it to someone suffering from menstrual pangs to try to dodge the question with shit like this. Ol Cupcake was famous for it. Tell me Gunny, what night of the week do you actually wear those dresses you have hiding in your closet?

Gaffer
09-18-2007, 01:26 PM

All quiet maybe because they are told to keep a low profile for now. That is how it works you know. The koran says its ok to lie to the infidels, to make them think you are their friend. Until you are strong enough to defeat them.

Other than a few fanatic individuals, the others will remain quiet and patient until their numbers are sufficient to act.

Gunny
09-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Leave it to someone suffering from menstrual pangs to try to dodge the question with shit like this. Ol Cupcake was famous for it. Tell me Gunny, what night of the week do you actually wear those dresses you have hiding in your closet?

What question? All you've been doing is bellowing unsupported accusations you stupid windbag. Trying ot hide the fact you have absolutely NOTHING but your lame-ass opinion to stand on, and as usual, your opinion ain't worth the time it takes to read it.

Be sure and drop back by when you get a real argument.

Missileman
09-18-2007, 06:07 PM
What question?

The question you keep avoiding. How is anyone in the majority being punished by Roe vs, Wade or by gay marriage? All you've done since I asked it the first time is hide behind BULLSHIT "dishonest argument" and "semantics" dodges.

diuretic
09-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Ya never saw me go to micro! I think, and have solid proof, that Muslims beating their women is far from "micro". This is not only reality but also written in their beloved Quran! And while those at your local mosque might not be committing terrorist acts, that doesn't mean they don't subscribe to the belief that it's ok to beat women who disobey them.

Would you consider beating a woman you disagree with, or disobeyed you, to be a "dastardly" act?

I've got solid proof that non-Muslims beat and murder their wives. I've got solid proof that beating a wife was quite acceptable in Christian communities up until very recently.

I've got solid proof that the Bible advocates killing of women who are not virgins on their wedding night.

What the heck has that to do with Muslims being terrorists?

jimnyc
09-18-2007, 07:04 PM
I've got solid proof that non-Muslims beat and murder their wives. I've got solid proof that beating a wife was quite acceptable in Christian communities up until very recently.

I've got solid proof that the Bible advocates killing of women who are not virgins on their wedding night.

What the heck has that to do with Muslims being terrorists?

Yes, there are many places where men still break the law and beat or kill their wives. But breaking the law and doing something outside of the "norm" is a far cry from doing something that is part of your culture and fully accepted by your peers. I don't know of any recent places outside of Muslim communities that find it acceptable to beat women, so you'll need a link to show me that, and I doubt this accepted act is in a civilized area of the world.

And while you may quote the bible on certain aspects, you don't see Christians killing non-virgins on their wedding night, do you?

And the beating of women had nothing to do with terrorists but rather alluding to the title of this thread: "Islam: A Religion of Peace" - which I find absolutely laughable.

Gunny
09-18-2007, 07:38 PM
The question you keep avoiding. How is anyone in the majority being punished by Roe vs, Wade or by gay marriage? All you've done since I asked it the first time is hide behind BULLSHIT "dishonest argument" and "semantics" dodges.

LMAO ... I'm hiding? I think not.

How states now deal with abortion

South Dakota’s 2006 assault on Roe v. Wade marked a new twist after 33 years in which most states have concentrated on whittling away at the edges of the landmark ruling.

Since 1973, all states except Vermont have passed one or more abortion laws, and states continue to enact new abortion statutes every year. The barrage of laws has triggered repeated court challenges that have refined what states can and can’t do in trying to strike a balance between a woman’s constitutional right to end a pregnancy and religious and moral beliefs that abortion is wrong because it destroys fetal life.

Unable to ban abortion, states have pioneered dozens of tactics to constrict access to it -- from requiring minors to seek a parent’s consent for an abortion to regulating the size of doorways in clinics that perform the procedure.

In contrast, 13 states help ensure a woman’s access to abortion by prohibiting most forms of protest at abortion clinics.

http://www.stateline.org/live/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=136&languageId=1&contentId=121780

Please do explain how 13 states represents the majority of states. And while you're at wuit, quit ducking and explain just how it is you think the Supreme Court overriding the laws that all but 17 states had proscribing abortion in 1973 (same ref as above) is NOT the Fed gov't usurping the state's authority to legislate based on the majority of its citizens. Which, minus your dishonest semantics, is most certainly the majority suffering the tyranny of the minority.

While I understand you have a penchant for ignoring the facts, logic and common sense in favor of nonsensical bull, it's pretty damned obvious that if 17 states allowed abortion under certain conditions, 33 did not. Perhaps you can explain in your own twisted little way how 17 is the majority?

Better yet, slink on down to the drug store and get a nice soothing ointment for the orifice you feel just got violated most.:laugh2:

diuretic
09-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Yes, there are many places where men still break the law and beat or kill their wives. But breaking the law and doing something outside of the "norm" is a far cry from doing something that is part of your culture and fully accepted by your peers. I don't know of any recent places outside of Muslim communities that find it acceptable to beat women, so you'll need a link to show me that, and I doubt this accepted act is in a civilized area of the world.

And while you may quote the bible on certain aspects, you don't see Christians killing non-virgins on their wedding night, do you?

And the beating of women had nothing to do with terrorists but rather alluding to the title of this thread: "Islam: A Religion of Peace" - which I find absolutely laughable.

Perzackly!

The point I was making is that the very few extremists (whose effect is far outweighed by their numbers) aren't representative of the general community.

Missileman
09-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Please do explain how 13 states represents the majority of states. And while you're at wuit, quit ducking and explain just how it is you think the Supreme Court overriding the laws that all but 17 states had proscribing abortion in 1973 (same ref as above) is NOT the Fed gov't usurping the state's authority to legislate based on the majority of its citizens. Which, minus your dishonest semantics, is most certainly the majority suffering the tyranny of the minority.

Demonstrate the punishment...explain how anyone from the 33 states is being PENALIZED. You can't, cause it's not happening. You can't provide evidence of a single injury to anyone in those 33 states caused by Roe vs Wade because there is none.

While I understand you have a penchant for ignoring the facts, logic and common sense in favor of nonsensical bull, it's pretty damned obvious that if 17 states allowed abortion under certain conditions, 33 did not. Perhaps you can explain in your own twisted little way how 17 is the majority?

FYI, the populations represented by the 33 and 17 are just about even. This vast majority of Americans suffering the tyrrany of the minority doesn't exist.

Better yet, slink on down to the drug store and get a nice soothing ointment for the orifice you feel just got violated most.:laugh2:

:lmao: You couldn't give a mosquito an earache.

diuretic
09-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Hey I just tripped over some of the rubble in the thread. If you blokes - Missileman and Gunny - are going to chuck rocks at each other that's fine but pick up after yourselves eh? :laugh2:

Gunny
09-19-2007, 05:39 AM
Demonstrate the punishment...explain how anyone from the 33 states is being PENALIZED. You can't, cause it's not happening. You can't provide evidence of a single injury to anyone in those 33 states caused by Roe vs Wade because there is none.

Stop playing stupid. Obviously, if the will of the majority is denied in favor of the desires of the minority, then the majority is in fact being denied its Right. That sure as Hell IS punishment when some lib gets searched at the airport or asked for ID to prove they are who they say they are to vote, so stuff THAT argument.

FYI, the populations represented by the 33 and 17 are just about even. This vast majority of Americans suffering the tyrrany of the minority doesn't exist.

Probably the lamest, most bullshit answer you've dredged up in 4 years.

:lmao: You couldn't give a mosquito an earache.

Oh wow. I am s-o-o-o damaged. Your comeback is as :lame2: as your argument.

jimnyc
09-19-2007, 05:55 AM
Perzackly!

The point I was making is that the very few extremists (whose effect is far outweighed by their numbers) aren't representative of the general community.

I'll concede that not "all" Muslims are the extremist types out committing suicide attacks daily...

But I don't see barely a thing being done by them to distance themselves from such activity. If anything, I see them cheering on such acts and/or supporting them. I certainly don't see them condemning the non-stop violence.

And the issue about how they treat women in general, and more specifically their wives, is a sad and majority issue in Islam. Even my Muslim friend tells me his religion allows for 4 wives, and that he reserves the right to "keep her in line" - and why? Because it's written in the Quran. Now I know you say certain things are written in the bible, but most civilized societies allow law to trump religion. Not only do many Muslim communities still follow the Quran to the "T", but law allows them to get away with a ton of mis-treatment of women as well.

diuretic
09-19-2007, 06:09 AM
Firstly I agree, no-one deserves mistreatment. Humans are not a means to an end, they're ends in themselves. I hope I can always stick to that but I'm sure I'll transgress it in practice (if I haven't already).

As for polygamy - it's a cultural thing. In certain societies its legal, in others illegal, just depends on the law. As you no doubt are aware there are some Americans who support polygamy in the face of laws against it. There are a few societies where polyandry is in place. I can't say I'd like that either but maybe it's worth it if a bloke only has to take the garbage out once every three weeks :laugh2: Me, I'm not in favour of four wives, reason..........four mothers in law.

Now, moving right along.

I was listening to a radio report here which suggested that much domestic Muslim radicalism (yes, it is a generalism) is down to young men who were somewhat dislocated in the sense of growing up in a western nation but in a Muslim family and close culture. Their feeling of alienation from both - the western culture and their own national/religious culture - caused them to feel a sense of anomie. They were then easy prey for the radical Muslim preachers who offered them a spiritual home. And as we all know with born-agains, they can be the most radical of all (not just religions either).

I thought it was interesting. My mind went back to the UK in the 1980s where there was a real culture of Paki-bashing. Young Muslim men from Pakistan and India, who had grown up in a culture of respect and obedience, found themselves under physical attack from Anglo yobs who thought it was easy to pick on a lone Pakistani or Indian man and beat the shit out of him. The race riots in the UK in the late 1980s were mainly concentrated around the areas of northern England that have big Muslim populations. Perhaps that fighting back sowed the seeds of their local radicalism. I know if I were one of those young blokes I'd have a pretty bloody big chip on my shoulder about the shit being kicked out of my mates simply because they were different.

http://abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/09/19/2038099.htm

That's the report I listened to.

Just some thoughts.

jimnyc
09-19-2007, 06:24 AM
Me, I'm not in favour of four wives, reason..........four mothers in law.

Truer words have never been spoken. For the love of God, can you imagine? 4 MOTHERS IN LAW! One is more than enough for any man to have to endure. That's why most places keep it to one and cheating is so widespread, otherwise suicide rates would skyrocket! :laugh2:

And I didn't ignore the rest of what you wrote. I agree with most of it. I just hope the Muslim leaders wake up soon and make an all out effort to better teach the Muslim youth and hopefully turn around the cycle. All the Muslims I know are damn good people and I don't mean to insult the majority when I speak, but sometimes the statistical facts make me angry.

diuretic
09-19-2007, 07:18 AM
I reckon the sentence for bigamy is "I hereby sentence you to x years in the slammer and you get mother in law visits - both of 'em" :laugh2:

Yes, moderate Muslim leaders need to speak out - I know that they do, I've read the denunciations of terrorism, but somehow the media manages to put them way back in the paper (or tv news). But there needs to be more than the occasional shout out. I think we all - gummints and us ordinary folk who pay taxes - have to insist that we need to stop the alienation of - in particular young Muslim males - and we need to tell our Muslim citizens that we'll meet them halfway but we're not the surrendering type. We can co-exist peacefully if we have some respect for each other but it cuts both ways and denouncing the radicals is part of the plan.

Missileman
09-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Stop playing stupid. Obviously, if the will of the majority is denied in favor of the desires of the minority, then the majority is in fact being denied its Right. That sure as Hell IS punishment when some lib gets searched at the airport or asked for ID to prove they are who they say they are to vote, so stuff THAT argument.

Are you kidding? Do you really think that the bullshit arguments of libs in regards to voter ID and airport security validate your bullshit argument? You and I both know that you don't believe libs are being victimized by voter IDs and security screening. Why in hell would you expect anyone to believe a similar "injury" that you claim?

Gunny
09-19-2007, 05:09 PM
Are you kidding? Do you really think that the bullshit arguments of libs in regards to voter ID and airport security validate your bullshit argument? You and I both know that you don't believe libs are being victimized by voter IDs and security screening. Why in hell would you expect anyone to believe a similar "injury" that you claim?

Stop trying to deflect. Your accusation was bullshit, I spanked it and you, now just go away.

Missileman
09-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Stop trying to deflect. Your accusation was bullshit, I spanked it and you, now just go away.

Yeah right! You just posted an argument cast from a liberal mold. Too bad you didn't realize it BEFORE you posted it. It's there for everyone to see...man up and admit it.

And that liberal-style pap you posted still doesn't answer the question about what penalty, injury, or damage is being suffered by the just over half of Americans who lived in states that allowed restricted abortion before Roe vs. Wade.

Gunny
09-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Yeah right! You just posted an argument cast from a liberal mold. Too bad you didn't realize it BEFORE you posted it. It's there for everyone to see...man up and admit it.

And that liberal-style pap you posted still doesn't answer the question about what penalty, injury, or damage is being suffered by the just over half of Americans who lived in states that allowed restricted abortion before Roe vs. Wade.

LMAO ... you still here? Dude, you lost ... just give it up and go away.:laugh2:

Missileman
09-19-2007, 10:05 PM
LMAO ... you still here? Dude, you lost ... just give it up and go away.:laugh2:

I figured asking you to man up would be asking you to do something outside your capability. Take your lib argument with ya on the way to your next gyno appointment.

Gunny
09-19-2007, 10:31 PM
I figured asking you to man up would be asking you to do something outside your capability. Take your lib argument with ya on the way to your next gyno appointment.

:420: