PDA

View Full Version : You Were All Wrong About My State, We’re In Better Shape Without Draconian Lockdown

jimnyc
04-29-2020, 03:04 PM
The nitwits who went to the beach and laughed about this aside...

Florida also has a lot of elderly folks too. And a lot of vacationers. Not so much the past few months. But between any immunity levels, and then older folks wearing protection in masses and precautions. My Dad lives in Port Charlotte. I know he wears various kinds of masks, as I sent him some! :) But he's being anal about it too at times as the man is 84 years old, and doesn't wanna leave this earth just yet. I know he has gloves and masks. He said most are wearing them at Publix and anywhere else with people inside as such. One way aisles too. :) :)

So a few things contribute here, IMO.

But I decided to go and check, and Florida is actually below the nation average. Nationally things are at .057 and Florida stands at .03 right now.

Oh, heat too maybe?

Arkansas never fully shut down and their mortality rate sits at .01, fantastic! Same with Iowa at .02, Nebrask at .01, North Dakota at .01, South Dakota at .005!! Utah is at .01 and Wyoming the same at .01.

Alabama was riding free and then enacted some things later, so a little of both maybe? Anyway, Alabama is at .03, Same with Missouri at .04 & South Carolina at .03.

I am NOT saying that this proves herd immunity. Some very well may have helped, but the fact is everywhere is simply not the same. Which is why I believe openings and closings should work their way on down from the state level, but then that each locale can do as necessary.

--

GOP Governor Wrecks Media: You Were All Wrong About My State, We’re In Better Shape Without Draconian Lockdown

While at the White House on Tuesday, sitting alongside President Donald Trump, Republican Governor Ron DeSantis of Florida ripped into the media for their failing, dire predictions of his novel coronavirus response.

Gov. DeSantis was lambasted in the media for weeks for refusing to implement a draconian statewide lockdown, though Florida is outperforming states across the nation when it comes to slowing the spread of the China-originated virus.

Asked about criticism that he’s face for not implementing a full shutdown early on, DeSantis let the media have it. “What have the results been?” he rhetorically asked, according to Fox News. “You look at some of the most draconian orders that have been issued in some of these states and compare Florida in terms of our hospitalizations per 100,000, in terms of our fatalities per 100,000.”

“I mean, you go from D.C., Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, you name it. Florida has done better,” the Republican continued.

“And that has not happened because we understood we have a big, diverse state, we understood the outbreak was not uniform throughout the state, and we had a tailored and measured approach that not only helped our numbers be way below what anyone predicted, but also did less damage to our state going forward,” explained DeSantis.

Rest - https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch-gop-governor-wrecks-media-you-were-all-wrong-about-my-state-were-in-better-shape-without-draconian-lockdown

Abbey Marie
04-29-2020, 03:51 PM
I feel like the “herds” are thin in many of those States. Population density is def a big factor.

Kathianne
04-29-2020, 03:53 PM
I feel like the “herds” are thin in many of those States. Population density is def a big factor.

The strain of the virus I believe is going to be a big factor. Generally they've spoken about the two coasts and the differences in how deadly. I think we're going to find there's also a difference in contagiousness? There are 33 known strains now of the virus, to think there aren't differences in lethality and how easily spread would be pretty odd.

jimnyc
04-29-2020, 04:02 PM
The strain of the virus I believe is going to be a big factor. Generally they've spoken about the two coasts and the differences in how deadly. I think we're going to find there's also a difference in contagiousness? There are 33 known strains now of the virus, to think there aren't differences in lethality and how easily spread would be pretty odd.

And to a doggy too! :(

Funny reading some of the MSM today, talking nutso about some places reopening. Mentions of "The deaths are doubling every 2-3-4-5 weeks in some instances. And then almost all the places they point out, that's where they don't mention the extremely low mortality rates or that each one they listed had 200 deaths total or less!

Kathianne
04-29-2020, 04:05 PM
And to a doggy too! :(

Funny reading some of the MSM today, talking nutso about some places reopening. Mentions of "The deaths are doubling every 2-3-4-5 weeks in some instances. And then almost all the places they point out, that's where they don't mention the extremely low mortality rates or that each one they listed had 200 deaths total or less!

Both dogs and cats, which I doubt anyone here was surprised at. I remember speaking in response to someone posting here about the tigers in zoo and my experience of being strep infected multiple times, until it was found my dog was the carrier infecting me.

jimnyc
04-29-2020, 04:10 PM
Both dogs and cats, which I doubt anyone here was surprised at. I remember speaking in response to someone posting here about the tigers in zoo and my experience of being strep infected multiple times, until it was found my dog was the carrier infecting me.

The sad thing is, apparently some were calling or going to their vets office in the beginning, to have their animals euthanized due to the virus. WTF?? So you know there are assholes out there that are the type to abandon an animal somewhere too. :(

Kathianne
04-29-2020, 04:11 PM
The sad thing is, apparently some were calling or going to their vets office in the beginning, to have their animals euthanized due to the virus. WTF?? So you know there are assholes out there that are the type to abandon an animal somewhere too. :(

That's awful. I would keep my dog away from other dogs and people. No cat of mine, not that I'd want one, would be allowed out.

Abbey Marie
04-29-2020, 04:18 PM

Wow, I’d never heard of that. And people let their dogs lick their faces all the time. If exposed to Strep, I break out in very bad Psoriatic rash ALL OVER, and it lasts up to a year. It’s awful. When anyone in our home gets a sore throat, I am on red alert! I would have to give up the dog if it had Strep a lot. :(

Abbey Marie
04-29-2020, 04:19 PM

I was afraid of that. That sucks.

Kathianne
04-29-2020, 04:29 PM
Wow, I’d never heard of that. And people let their dogs lick their faces all the time. If exposed to Strep, I break out in very bad Psoriatic rash ALL OVER, and it lasts up to a year. It’s awful. When anyone in our home gets a sore throat, I am on red alert! I would have to give up the dog if it had Strep a lot. :(

None of us knew. The possibility occurred to my doc after I'd left for FL with my parents for a rest. My heart was starting to give problems. While I was gone, the ex had the dog tested, positive. He was put on antibiotics, end of problem.