PDA

View Full Version : Kushner’s Booming Economy by July Claim ‘Absolute Fantasy'

jimnyc
04-30-2020, 09:30 AM
Depends on your definition of booming I suppose. It will take a LONG time to get back to normal.

But, for example, look at the stock market that dropped out not a long while back. And now, already, before things even really open yet? Perhaps the BEST month and nearly 50 years, but of course all things coming back. That's why I told people in the market that for the most part, leave it be.

--

Meghan McCain: Kushner’s Booming Economy by July Claim ‘Absolute Fantasy’

Wednesday on ABC’s “The View,” co-host Meghan McCain said White House adviser Jared Kushner’s claim that the U.S. economy would be “rocking,” by July is an “absolute fantasy.”

On Fox News Channel’s “Fox & Friends,” Kushner said, “I think you’ll see by June a lot of the country should be back to normal and the hope is that by July the country’s really rocking again.”

McCain said, “I think this is sort of a wait-and-see moment when it comes to the economy. As I said yesterday, this is all going to rely on how the COVID crisis plays out and just how grave and how vast the economic impact is. Jared Kushner this morning said he thinks the economy will be up and booming by July. I think that is an absolute fantasy.”

She added, “July isn’t that far away. I don’t even know if I’m going to be able to go to my doctor’s office with my husband in July when I get a screening — everybody knows I’m pregnant. So the idea is that we’re going to be up and booming and going to movies and concerts and things like that is an utter fantasy. So? I think it’s all going to hinge on what happens with this COVID crisis.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/04/29/meghan-mccain-kushners-booming-economy-by-july-claim-absolute-fantasy/

Stocks Jump Higher And Close In On Best Month Since 1974

The U.S. stock market is a day away from having its best month since 1974.

The optimism helped the S&P 500 jump 2.66 percent higher, and it extended a rally that’s brought the U.S. stock market to the brink of its best month in 45 years. The S&P 500 has surged more than 15 percent in April, putting it within one day of its best month since its 16.3 percent gain in October 1974.

Over the past 12 months, the S&P is down 2.6 percent.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 2.2 percent. The Nasdaq Composite climbed 3.57 percent. The small-cap Russell 2000 soared 4.83 percent.

Stocks in Europe also jumped immediately after Gilead Sciences said its experimental drug proved effective against the new coronavirus in a major U.S. government study. The French CAC 40 rose 2.2 percent after being down before the Gilead report. The German DAX returned 2.9 percent, and the FTSE 100 in London added 2.6 percent.

Gilead’s report hit markets at the same moment that a report showed how pervasive and painful the hit has been to the economy from the coronavirus outbreak. The U.S. economy shrank at a 4.8 percent annual rate in the first three months of the year, its worst performance since the depths of the financial crisis in 2008.

The figure was worse than investors were expecting, and it’s “merely the tip of the iceberg,” said Michael Reynolds, investment strategy officer at Glenmede. Job losses have exploded since early April, as layoffs sweep the nation following widespread stay-at-home orders, and economists expect to see even worse numbers for the second quarter of the year.

But stocks have been rallying over the last month as investors look beyond the current economic devastation and focus instead on the prospect of economies gradually reopening.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2020/04/29/stocks-jump/

Black Diamond
04-30-2020, 10:12 AM
I put the views of the women on "The View" at the same level as those of Howard Stern.