PDA

View Full Version : USNS Comfort Saluted Goodbye After Treating 182 Patients

jimnyc
05-01-2020, 09:19 AM
50k or 182, they always answer the call. No matter which virus, or even which country. Our military is the most powerful and destructive on earth. They can also be the most helpful and caring. They do it all.

These folks came to help NY without hesitation, simply took the call and off they went. Now their business is done, and they will quietly go elsewhere to help.

:saluting2::saluting2::saluting2::salute::salute:: salute:

--

USNS Comfort Saluted Goodbye After Treating 182 Patients

First responders saluted the USNS Comfort on Thursday as it departed New York City, the U.S. epicenter of the Chinese coronavirus, after just 182 patients were treated on board.

The U.S. Navy ship, sent to relieve New York City hospitals overwhelmed by the drastic rise in coronavirus cases, departed on Thursday after spending a month docked at Manhattan’s Pier 90.

“The NYPD and FDNY had a major display of vehicles and boats to salute the ship as it departed,” NBC News reported.

The ship triumphantly arrived March 30 as the peak of the pandemic approached the city. However, after spending a solid month on standby, the 1000-bed Navy hospital ship only treated 182 patients. Those patients have been transferred back home or to a hospital, Navy Spokesperson Mary Cate Walsh told NBC News.
“Even as USNS Comfort plans to depart NYC, the ship and its embarked medical task force remain prepared for future tasking,” Walsh stated.

“The Navy along with U.S. Northern Command dedicated forces, remains engaged throughout the nation in support of the broader COVID-19 response,” she added.

The ship made headlines in early April after reports surfaced, indicating that it only had 20 patients aboard.

“We’re bringing them on as fast as we can bring them on,” Navy spokeswoman Elizabeth Baker said at the time.

Officials originally planned for the ship to take non-coronavirus patients only, hoping to lessen the demand on local hospitals facing an influx of coronavirus patients. It switched course in early April, designating 500 beds for coronavirus patients. Despite that, the ship never came closed to reaching its capacity, treating a total of 182 patients over its month-long presence in the city.

Similarly, a 250-bed field hospital set up by the Army in Seattle’s CenturyLink Field Event Center shut down this month after just three days, never seeing a single patient.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/30/usns-comfort-saluted-goodbye-after-treating-182-patients/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6M1ONWu8CA

icansayit
05-01-2020, 06:57 PM
During the First Gulf War (Operation Desert Storm) I spent two weeks aboard the COMFORTS sister ship...The USNS MERCY for my spinal operation. IN the Persian Gulf while Saddam was burning Oil Wells, and our Planes were taking out the supposed powerful Iraqi Army.

They are wonderful, beautifully designed ships. You honestly cannot tell you are at sea. It was like a hospital here at home. http://icansayit.com/images/usnsmercy.jpg

Evmetro
05-01-2020, 11:18 PM
During the First Gulf War (Operation Desert Storm) I spent two weeks aboard the COMFORTS sister ship...The USNS MERCY for my spinal operation. IN the Persian Gulf while Saddam was burning Oil Wells, and our Planes were taking out the supposed powerful Iraqi Army.

They are wonderful, beautifully designed ships. You honestly cannot tell you are at sea. It was like a hospital here at home. http://icansayit.com/images/usnsmercy.jpg

I got to see several ships in the middle east during that time for long enough to push a few pallets and people out of our helicopters, but never saw any hospital ships. I'm sure they are beautiful ships, but we usually need them when we are injured or in need of an operation like you were. I guess I should feel lucky to have avoided them...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-02-2020, 08:24 AM
50k or 182, they always answer the call. No matter which virus, or even which country. Our military is the most powerful and destructive on earth. They can also be the most helpful and caring. They do it all.

These folks came to help NY without hesitation, simply took the call and off they went. Now their business is done, and they will quietly go elsewhere to help.

:saluting2::saluting2::saluting2::salute::salute:: salute:

--

USNS Comfort Saluted Goodbye After Treating 182 Patients

First responders saluted the USNS Comfort on Thursday as it departed New York City, the U.S. epicenter of the Chinese coronavirus, after just 182 patients were treated on board.

The U.S. Navy ship, sent to relieve New York City hospitals overwhelmed by the drastic rise in coronavirus cases, departed on Thursday after spending a month docked at Manhattan’s Pier 90.

“The NYPD and FDNY had a major display of vehicles and boats to salute the ship as it departed,” NBC News reported.

The ship triumphantly arrived March 30 as the peak of the pandemic approached the city. However, after spending a solid month on standby, the 1000-bed Navy hospital ship only treated 182 patients. Those patients have been transferred back home or to a hospital, Navy Spokesperson Mary Cate Walsh told NBC News.
“Even as USNS Comfort plans to depart NYC, the ship and its embarked medical task force remain prepared for future tasking,” Walsh stated.

“The Navy along with U.S. Northern Command dedicated forces, remains engaged throughout the nation in support of the broader COVID-19 response,” she added.

The ship made headlines in early April after reports surfaced, indicating that it only had 20 patients aboard.

“We’re bringing them on as fast as we can bring them on,” Navy spokeswoman Elizabeth Baker said at the time.

Officials originally planned for the ship to take non-coronavirus patients only, hoping to lessen the demand on local hospitals facing an influx of coronavirus patients. It switched course in early April, designating 500 beds for coronavirus patients. Despite that, the ship never came closed to reaching its capacity, treating a total of 182 patients over its month-long presence in the city.

Similarly, a 250-bed field hospital set up by the Army in Seattle’s CenturyLink Field Event Center shut down this month after just three days, never seeing a single patient.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/30/usns-comfort-saluted-goodbye-after-treating-182-patients/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6M1ONWu8CA

Praise goes to the ship and its crew for such valiant and worthy service rendered to fellow citizens.
Yet a question comes to mind--
if this is the world stopping pandemic that it has been made out to be --why so few patients treated?

Seems to me that something has to be amiss, eh?
Or else why with the staggering large numbers so happily heralded by lying media -why only 182 treated?
Logic is wonderful thing is it not? AS in an adequate understanding of mathematics, eh?

With only 182 treated - it would surely indicate somebody has been lying big time about the overwhelming of the hospitals and doctors there.
Or is such questioning and logical thought flawed???
Inquiring minds would like to know..-Tyr

Evmetro
05-02-2020, 10:39 AM
Praise goes to the ship and its crew for such valiant and worthy service rendered to fellow citizens.
Yet a question comes to mind--
if this is the world stopping pandemic that it has been made out to be --why so few patients treated?

Seems to me that something has to be amiss, eh?
Or else why with the staggering large numbers so happily heralded by lying media -why only 182 treated?
Logic is wonderful thing is it not? AS in an adequate understanding of mathematics, eh?

With only 182 treated - it would surely indicate somebody has been lying big time about the overwhelming of the hospitals and doctors there.
Or is such questioning and logical thought flawed???
Inquiring minds would like to know..-Tyr

Spot on.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-02-2020, 10:52 PM
Spot on.

Light and truth in logical thought, met with only silence.
Perhaps some know the answers to those questions but such does not fit in well with the hype and the fear that has been deliberately produced that they have decided must be real.
Ah well, tis only human nature when afraid, to seek shelter within the dark storm and hope some higher power/authority will save you.
And if that higher power is the one creating the greater panic for ulterior goals-- well shun or vilify the messenger that dares to even mention it as a possibility..
Yet some of us were raised to speak the truth as we see it and let the cards fall were they may.
I myself was so raised... --Tyr

Evmetro
05-03-2020, 01:42 AM
Light and truth in logical thought, met with only silence.
Perhaps some know the answers to those questions but such does not fit in well with the hype and the fear that has been deliberately produced that they have decided must be real.
Ah well, tis only human nature when afraid, to seek shelter within the dark storm and hope some higher power/authority will save you.
And if that higher power is the one creating the greater panic for ulterior goals-- well shun or vilify the messenger that dares to even mention it as a possibility..
Yet some of us were raised to speak the truth as we see it and let the cards fall were they may.
I myself was so raised... --Tyr

Excellent!

I have recently encountered the "light and truth in logical thought, met with only silence" phenomenon elsewhere.