PDA

View Full Version : Israel spots nuclear installations in Syria

-Cp
09-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Wow - what a shock! I've said ALL ALONG, that we gave Saddam YEARS to move this crap to Syria before we went in after him. I mean, GOOD LORD - why'd we give him so much warning??

Washington official says Israeli surveillance shows possible Syrian nuclear installation stocked by North Korea, Israeli Arab newspaper claims target of alleged raid last week was Syrian missile base financed by Iran

Israel believes that North Korea has been supplying Syria and Iran with nuclear materials, a Washington defense official told the New York Times. “The Israelis think North Korea is selling to Iran and Syria what little they have left,” he said.

The official added that recent Israeli reconnaissance flights over Syria revealed possible nuclear installations that Israeli officials estimate might have been supplied with material from North Korea.

Meanwhile on Wednesday the Nazareth-based Israeli Arab newspaper The Assennara cited anonymous Israeli sources as saying that Israeli jets "bombed a Syrian-Iranian missile base in northern Syria that was financed by Iran... It appears that the base was completely destroyed."

According to the Times, American officials confirmed Tuesday that Israeli jets launched an airstrike inside Syria. Sources said that Israel struck at least one target in northeastern Syria, but could not provide more details.

The most likely target was, according to some administration officials, weapon caches sent by Iran to Hizbullah through Syria.

North Korea commented on the incident Tuesday, calling it a "dangerous provocation", Chinese News Agency Xinhua reported on Tuesday.
"This is a very dangerous provocation little short of wantonly violating the sovereignty of Syria and seriously harassing the regional peace and security," a North Korean Foreign Ministry spokesman said.

"The Democratic People's Republic of Korea strongly denounces the above-said intrusion and extends full support and solidarity to the Syrian people in their just cause to defend the national security and the regional peace."

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3448829,00.html

Gaffer
09-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Could be that "accidental" over flight of northern syria was more than just an overflight of the territory. And they didn't drop fuel tanks in the desert. And they didn't break the sound barrier over syria. That boom was the supply base going up. The syrians don't want to admit they were attacked because of WHAT was attacked.

Dilloduck
09-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Wow - what a shock! I've said ALL ALONG, that we gave Saddam YEARS to move this crap to Syria before we went in after him. I mean, GOOD LORD - why'd we give him so much warning??

Washington official says Israeli surveillance shows possible Syrian nuclear installation stocked by North Korea, Israeli Arab newspaper claims target of alleged raid last week was Syrian missile base financed by Iran

Israel believes that North Korea has been supplying Syria and Iran with nuclear materials, a Washington defense official told the New York Times. “The Israelis think North Korea is selling to Iran and Syria what little they have left,” he said.

The official added that recent Israeli reconnaissance flights over Syria revealed possible nuclear installations that Israeli officials estimate might have been supplied with material from North Korea.

Meanwhile on Wednesday the Nazareth-based Israeli Arab newspaper The Assennara cited anonymous Israeli sources as saying that Israeli jets "bombed a Syrian-Iranian missile base in northern Syria that was financed by Iran... It appears that the base was completely destroyed."

According to the Times, American officials confirmed Tuesday that Israeli jets launched an airstrike inside Syria. Sources said that Israel struck at least one target in northeastern Syria, but could not provide more details.

The most likely target was, according to some administration officials, weapon caches sent by Iran to Hizbullah through Syria.

North Korea commented on the incident Tuesday, calling it a "dangerous provocation", Chinese News Agency Xinhua reported on Tuesday.
"This is a very dangerous provocation little short of wantonly violating the sovereignty of Syria and seriously harassing the regional peace and security," a North Korean Foreign Ministry spokesman said.

"The Democratic People's Republic of Korea strongly denounces the above-said intrusion and extends full support and solidarity to the Syrian people in their just cause to defend the national security and the regional peace."

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3448829,00.html

It's nice to see that N Korea cares so much about middle east peace.

09-12-2007, 02:59 PM
There is a reason that North Korea is in the Axis of Evil. You know the nations supporting terror. We've only taken out one leg of the three original.

You realize it wont matter how much intelligence is gathered, Democrats will say its made up. For as much as they talk about taking in conflicting information, in reality they refuse to accept anything that doesnt already fit their preconcieved world view.

Gaffer
09-12-2007, 03:48 PM
I was reading a report on, I think antimullah.com. when I went back to double check it, it was gone.

It was about two north korean ships sunk in the gulf on their way to iran carrying nuclear material camouflaged by iron. One was sunk by a US sub and the other was sunk by a french sub. No news media said anything about it and the story couldn't be confirmed by anyone, but antimullah has some interesting inside informants they get stories from. The survivors all had radiation contamination.

iranians were present at the north korean nuclear test and there is a lot of missile technology being exchanged between the two.

manu1959
09-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Could be that "accidental" over flight of northern syria was more than just an overflight of the territory. And they didn't drop fuel tanks in the desert. And they didn't break the sound barrier over syria. That boom was the supply base going up. The syrians don't want to admit they were attacked because of WHAT was attacked.

i love how your mind works...

Gunny
09-13-2007, 06:15 AM

Right? Since when do Israeli pilots do things by "accident?":laugh2:

Gaffer
09-13-2007, 09:12 AM
One thing for sure Israel will NEVER let syria have anything close to a nuclear facility.

jafar00
09-14-2007, 06:59 AM
One thing for sure Israel will NEVER let syria have anything close to a nuclear facility.

I'm surprised the world allows Israel to keep it's non declared WMD stockpiles.

darin
09-14-2007, 07:02 AM
I'm surprised the world allows Israel to keep it's non declared WMD stockpiles.

WHY?? NOBODY is more trustworthy with that stuff than the USA and Israel. Seriously - I'd have no heartburn if Israel's stockpile of Nukes and Chemicals were tripled.

All Israel wants to do is exist. All the arabs surrounding Israel want to do is kill them.