PDA

View Full Version : Money $$$ - when is enough enough?

jimnyc
05-01-2020, 09:43 AM
You see folks that are beyond billionaires, and they are still greedy and still want more billions.

And then you have someone like this. Apparently his endless millions and endless endorsements that pay him forever, he's content! He gambles and wins/loses $10 grand at a pop like it's no big deal. Bets hundreds or thousands with his buddies when he plays golf. When he played ball, in the locker room he would play to see who could toss their quarter closest to the wall, with security guys! Always having fun with his money and forever someone who competes. But he is enjoying his money. And knows when he is happy.

I don't think I could have bypassed this one. That's a LOT of money!! But Jordan is worth $2.1 billion now even after years of retiring.

Mike rocks! Was a monster fan of his when he played and I'm not a huge basketball fan. But I am a sports nut so I do watch a little of everything. But Michael Jordan is and was unique to no other. Not even in ANY other sport! The most competitive man to ever live I think. Probably by far someone who prepared for his sport, and trained and wanted to win more than anyone ever to live. He willed things to happen. Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Kobe Bryant, Reggie Miller, Isaiah Thomas, Clyde Drexler & basically every other superstar he faced ended up shaking their heads in frustration knowing he could destroy them.

Helps Chicago to a barely ever done 3 championships in a row from '91 to '93. Then he says what the hell, quits basketball, and decides to play professional baseball player. Folks laughed. He didn't make it to the big leagues, not enough time, but he DID shut up the laughs! An NBA player batter over .250 against pro baseball players and with little to no experience.

Then he says what the hell again 2 years later and quits baseball and un-retires back to basketball. Only to win 3 more championships in a row again from '96-'98!!

--

Michael Jordan Once Turned Down $100 Million For 2 Hours Of Work

Michael Jordan is so rich that he apparently turned down $100 million like it was nothing.

Jordan is the talk of the sports world right now as “The Last Dance” airs on ESPN and his former agent recently dropped an absurd tidbit of info about the six-time NBA champion’s financial decisions in retirement.

“I brought him a deal three years ago for $100 million. All he had to do was, other than giving his name and likeness, make a one two-hour appearance to announce the deal and he turned it down,” Jordan’s former agent David Falk said during an appearance on WFAN’s “Boomer and Gio,” according to the New York Post.

Jordan turning down huge amounts of cash didn’t stop there. Falk also said that the legendary Chicago Bulls player once turned down $7 million for a single day of golf.

Imagine being so rich that you can pass up on a $100 million deal like it’s nothing. Michael Jordan is believed to be worth north of $2 billion.

You’d think tacking on another $100 million to his net worth would be worth it. Apparently, he couldn’t care less.

I simply can’t imagine having so much money that passing up on $100 million for two hours of work is even an option. It’s simply mind-boggling.

Also, if you haven’t started watching “The Last Dance,” I suggest you start ASAP. Episodes five and six air this weekend and I have no doubt they’ll be great.

The documentary is awesome and pretty much a drug for fans of sports. Check it out Sunday night on ESPN!

https://dailycaller.com/2020/05/01/michael-jordan-david-falk-100-million-deal/

Kathianne
05-01-2020, 09:50 AM
You see folks that are beyond billionaires, and they are still greedy and still want more billions.

And then you have someone like this. Apparently his endless millions and endless endorsements that pay him forever, he's content! He gambles and wins/loses $10 grand at a pop like it's no big deal. Bets hundreds or thousands with his buddies when he plays golf. When he played ball, in the locker room he would play to see who could toss their quarter closest to the wall, with security guys! Always having fun with his money and forever someone who competes. But he is enjoying his money. And knows when he is happy.

I don't think I could have bypassed this one. That's a LOT of money!! But Jordan is worth $2.1 billion now even after years of retiring.

Mike rocks! Was a monster fan of his when he played and I'm not a huge basketball fan. But I am a sports nut so I do watch a little of everything. But Michael Jordan is and was unique to no other. Not even in ANY other sport! The most competitive man to ever live I think. Probably by far someone who prepared for his sport, and trained and wanted to win more than anyone ever to live. He willed things to happen. Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Kobe Bryant, Reggie Miller, Isaiah Thomas, Clyde Drexler & basically every other superstar he faced ended up shaking their heads in frustration knowing he could destroy them.

Helps Chicago to a barely ever done 3 championships in a row from '91 to '93. Then he says what the hell, quits basketball, and decides to play professional baseball player. Folks laughed. He didn't make it to the big leagues, not enough time, but he DID shut up the laughs! An NBA player batter over .250 against pro baseball players and with little to no experience.

Then he says what the hell again 2 years later and quits baseball and un-retires back to basketball. Only to win 3 more championships in a row again from '96-'98!!

--

Michael Jordan is so rich that he apparently turned down $100 million like it was nothing.

Jordan is the talk of the sports world right now as “The Last Dance” airs on ESPN and his former agent recently dropped an absurd tidbit of info about the six-time NBA champion’s financial decisions in retirement.

“I brought him a deal three years ago for $100 million. All he had to do was, other than giving his name and likeness, make a one two-hour appearance to announce the deal and he turned it down,” Jordan’s former agent David Falk said during an appearance on WFAN’s “Boomer and Gio,” according to the New York Post.

Jordan turning down huge amounts of cash didn’t stop there. Falk also said that the legendary Chicago Bulls player once turned down $7 million for a single day of golf.

Imagine being so rich that you can pass up on a $100 million deal like it’s nothing. Michael Jordan is believed to be worth north of $2 billion.

You’d think tacking on another $100 million to his net worth would be worth it. Apparently, he couldn’t care less.

I simply can’t imagine having so much money that passing up on $100 million for two hours of work is even an option. It’s simply mind-boggling.

Also, if you haven’t started watching “The Last Dance,” I suggest you start ASAP. Episodes five and six air this weekend and I have no doubt they’ll be great.

The documentary is awesome and pretty much a drug for fans of sports. Check it out Sunday night on ESPN!

He had a basketball camp at the college I got my teaching creds from. Derek attended one summer. Jordan showed up on opening day and on the close of camp. He gave very motivational speeches to the kids. The spots filled up in minutes.

Abbey Marie
05-01-2020, 09:57 AM
My immediate thought was, why not take the gig and donate the 100 mil to charity if you don’t need it? Imagine how much good that could do?

Kathianne
05-01-2020, 10:23 AM
My immediate thought was, why not take the gig and donate the 100 mil to charity if you don’t need it? Imagine how much good that could do?

He does give a lot to charity, especially in both Chicago and North Carolina. I think he tries to find balance between what he does for money and for enjoyment. He has enough to do what he wants regarding donations. It doesn't seem like he sees himself as the next Bill Gates, then do we want even the one that does?

Pretty certain from what I've seen, (I'm not a sports nut in any way,) that he has focused on charities that help kids reach for more. He doesn't seem to care if the kids are poor or black or anything but kids. He uses his legacy to push for excellence in school, athletics, dreams.

SassyLady
05-01-2020, 10:54 AM

--

You know, my first thought it's too bad he didn't take the 2 hr gig and give the money to a charity. I like him but think he missed the mark on this one. Turning down that kind of money and letting it go to waste ...... uhmmmm.

Edit: posted before I read Abbey's post. Great minds ......

Kathianne
05-01-2020, 11:00 AM
You know, my first thought it's too bad he didn't take the 2 hr gig and give the money to a charity. I like him but think he missed the mark on this one. Turning down that kind of money and letting it go to waste ...... uhmmmm.

I hear what you and Abbey are both saying, but I think we all have to pick and choose where we spend our time and even money.

That 2 hr gig may have interfered with something he had planned? I know that I choose what charities I give my bits of money to. When I volunteered to teach ESL parents, if one of my kids had something I could attend at night, I canceled the class. My kids came first for my free time. Now if I had conferences at school? I had to go to those, no matter what else I missed. I don't think there's a difference for the rich, nor should they be expected to give up their choices of what to do, because they can raise or give 'so much.' It's like no matter what one does, it's never enough. I think we do that to ourselves, but somehow it's ok to also do it to the rich?

Abbey Marie
05-01-2020, 04:16 PM
I hear what you and Abbey are both saying, but I think we all have to pick and choose where we spend our time and even money.

That 2 hr gig may have interfered with something he had planned? I know that I choose what charities I give my bits of money to. When I volunteered to teach ESL parents, if one of my kids had something I could attend at night, I canceled the class. My kids came first for my free time. Now if I had conferences at school? I had to go to those, no matter what else I missed. I don't think there's a difference for the rich, nor should they be expected to give up their choices of what to do, because they can raise or give 'so much.' It's like no matter what one does, it's never enough. I think we do that to ourselves, but somehow it's ok to also do it to the rich?

We don’t know for sure, but it seems likely he could have scheduled around any potential conflict.

When I think of all the really needy and wonderful charities out there, it just makes me shake my head.
$100 million! 2 hours!

Evmetro
05-01-2020, 06:30 PM

--

I'd be happy if I was rich enough to afford to pay 100k to Stormy Daniels for an hour or two of her time. Hats off to all those who have been able to afford that.

Hot Dogger
05-02-2020, 12:37 AM
My family had seasons tickets for all those golden years, saw many great games. Loved going to the Como Inn for dinner, then catching the bus to the stadium. I saw Jerry Springer at the Como Inn a bunch of times, he was always with some different ho.