PDA

View Full Version : Why was Trump installed as POTUS?

Hot Dogger
05-03-2020, 11:51 AM
Why isn't because of his business or political expertise, but because of his expertise with bankruptcy.

Trump believes himself to be King David with his technicolor orange dream wig.

:laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXspsfoPX50

NightTrain
05-03-2020, 01:04 PM
What kind of hippie shit is this?

Black Diamond
05-03-2020, 01:13 PM

Yeah he could have at least posted hendrix or Jefferson airplane from woodstock. Country joe and the fish ain't it.

Black Diamond
05-03-2020, 01:15 PM
https://youtu.be/XLy2B00dHSc

icansayit
05-03-2020, 02:44 PM
In 1969, my wife and I attended WOODSTOCK as part of an Ambulance/Medical Squad.

As for Trump being installed. HE WON THE ELECTION, despite what all of the Whining Hillary crybabies still insist. Just my TWO CENTS here. You're in the wrong place, at the long lost time where you seem to still be.

Drummond
05-03-2020, 04:29 PM
Why isn't because of his business or political expertise, but because of his expertise with bankruptcy.

:laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXspsfoPX50

Judging by the thread I've just migrated from. your question as to why Trump was installed as POTUS baffles the hell out of me.

I've had an education tonight. I've learned that most if not all Americans have a distrust of centralised authority. Meaning, presumably, that distrust of the Head Man running that authority, has to be a 'given'.

So, why WAS Trump installed as POTUS ?

As of this evening, I've no idea. I thought I did. I was wrong.

Why do you people ever vote for any President ? If you'll distrust the Office he works from, and leads, what on earth is the point ??

Black Diamond
05-03-2020, 04:58 PM
Judging by the thread I've just migrated from. your question as to why Trump was installed as POTUS baffles the hell out of me.

I've had an education tonight. I've learned that most if not all Americans have a distrust of centralised authority. Meaning, presumably, that distrust of the Head Man running that authority, has to be a 'given'.

Why do you people ever vote for any President ? If you'll distrust the Office he works from, and leads, what on earth is the point ??
Trump was elected. Not installed.

Trust the office? I don't know what that means. But here's some examples I thInk might help you understand.

"If you like your doctor and health plan, keep them".

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

"Read my lips. No new taxes. "

"I cant release my tax returns because I am being audited."

Drummond
05-03-2020, 05:13 PM
Trump was elected. Not installed.

Point taken.

Trust the office? I don't know what that means.

Says it all. You have my sympathy.

But here's some examples I thInk might help you understand.

"If you like your doctor and health plan, keep them".

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

"Read my lips. No new taxes. "

"I cant release my tax returns because I am being audited."

All of which, says precisely what for the overall standard of Government you get ?

Soundbytes taken over a period, by my reckoning, over at least thirty years (and only a handful of them) prove nothing about the overall quality of Government you get. But, as I've learned tonight, Americans will happily go back hundreds of years to find excuses to distrust authority.

Why is there so much of an absence of judgement based on REAL TIME assessment ?

jimnyc
05-03-2020, 06:10 PM
Wanting to preserve one's rights = distrusting of all authority, or a centralized authority. Death wish. Suicide pact. Criminal actions from any authorities. Blood on anyone's hands...

An awful lot from folks wanting to preserve their rights.

Certainly no conservative, and everything being stated, and things about being RULED and the constitution being ignored or scoffed at, are all liberal actions and words.

icansayit
05-03-2020, 06:43 PM

.................................................. .................................................. ..........
In response to your last question. I will go out off a very Deep Cliff here, and dare to speak the truth. Those people you mentioned are either very DUMB, STUPID, IGNORANT or Totally UNINFORMED...having NO real. honest Education beyond "America's Got Talent" and whoever is making the most money with their latest.."HIP HOP" sounds that disrespect not only women, but the IDIOTS who are actually convinced...They have talent enough to know what the words in the Constitution even mean.
Other than that. I am so thankful that everyday I wake up. I am ONE day closer to finally getting away from all of the PURE B.S. dumb people around the World enjoy.
GOD HELP US ALL!

NightTrain
05-03-2020, 08:46 PM

I didn't understand it, either.

Well, I've noticed that you Europeans have much more trust in your governments to do the right thing. It wasn't long ago that you Brits were able to arm and defend yourselves, and that's now long gone. Now you can be arrested for carrying a knife around.

Americans usually have a wary eye out for encroachments upon our rights, because we've seen the slippery slope that giving an inch ends up being a mile.

I wouldn't say that we don't trust Trump, at least I trust him, but there are others in our government who would gladly turn us into their version of Cuba or Venezuela if given the chance. Government is not to be blindly trusted, and even those with good intentions can, and are, wildly wrong with their plots and schemes.

He wasn't. He was righteously elected as POTUS according to our Constitution by the the voters.

I think Trump is doing a marvelous job. I can't imagine how screwed we'd be if 0bama was dithering in the White House when this pandemic hit.

jimnyc
05-04-2020, 08:03 AM
Some think we are now against Trump or whatever due to wanting rights. And that the thinking is that we ain't even listening to him or trusting or whatever. Funny thing is, as stated many times, Trump himself has fought for rights over this, opening in certain areas and all the very things I argue now. But he lowered his tone and back to the 'listen to the experts' and such, and isn't pushing as much for that same, as he knows folks went nuts and it's the governors decisions for now.

But all the things being stated about rights and so so much more, are the same things Trump states.

And the reason so many of us may have voted for him and support him, remains the same. The governors and the police and quite a few others are those people are fighting back against about their rights.

Trump has remained the same throughout, but I believe has changed his 'tone' at times when feedback was so negative. And Trump supporters the same throughout.

Nothing has changed other than how to fight this virus, how to protect ourselves and others, what needs to be done for this fight & all the work involved, and preserving rights at the same time.

Abbey Marie
05-29-2020, 04:31 PM

We know how much love you have for hippies :laugh:

@NightTrain (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=89)

Russ
05-30-2020, 11:40 AM

That would be "Joseph" with the technicolor coat. Everyone knows King David stayed away from the technicolor clothes. They make terrible camouflage during battles with the Philistines.