PDA

View Full Version : Drugs and China

Abbey Marie
05-04-2020, 08:29 PM
With all the talk about the world being angry with China, I started wondering about the sourcing of the prescription meds I and everyone take. If China gets mad and stops selling us these meds, I’m certain that we can start producing them ourselves.

What I don’t know, is if we can source the raw materials to do so. Are there plants that only Asia can get? Or are they all in South America? Or are they all synthetic now anyway?

Before I research, just wondered if anyone here knew.

Abbey Marie
05-05-2020, 09:39 AM
:confused:

Kathianne
05-05-2020, 11:03 AM
With all the talk about the world being angry with China, I started wondering about the sourcing of the prescription meds I and everyone take. If China gets mad and stops selling us these meds, I’m certain that we can start producing them ourselves.

What I don’t know, is if we can source the raw materials to do so. Are there plants that only Asia can get? Or are they all in South America? Or are they all synthetic now anyway?

Before I research, just wondered if anyone here knew.
I think both China and South America and Africa all have some raw materials that they alone have. What I do know is that in most cases, there's always a price that will get what you want/need.

With that in mind, China has spent at least 40 years doing what they did with the PPE in the pandemic: buy all the rare they could. The US has known it, but figured it was a 'good sign' of the increasing capitalism taking place.

Sort of reminds me of steel/oil regarding Japan and the start of WWII.

Hot Dogger
05-05-2020, 11:55 AM
I don't think we need China for our drugs, not when we have Mexico.
There's also, Dave. When Dave's here - we got drugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4en77mX6gOI