PDA

View Full Version : Worst words ever - "I bet you can't"

jimnyc
05-05-2020, 08:28 AM
When I was younger, the next words were always "how much?". That's a challenge no matter what it was and I was known as being a tad competitive myself. :) Yeah, I know, no one would have guess it! :)

Didn't matter what it was. Toss a football 40 yards, toss a rock at the stop sign from 4 houses down... card games, basketball, baseball home run, didn't matter what it was. If someone felt I couldn't do something, that meant I HAD to try regardless, no matter what. Say those words and you'll see one eyebrow raise in thought... and then it's game on whatever the challenge, win or fail. And if I failed, that only meant try again and double the bet!

Anyway, I have a fan in my computer making a grinding noise. Simple replacement but I've been lazy. So a friend heard it a few times and said something. I explained about the liquid cooling in my computer and the other 5 fans along with that one!!! But was met with something like "you just don't know how dumbass" or similar. And my reply in the computer tech world would generally be "I can do that shit with my eyes closed" - when in reference to swapping memory, swap a fan, a hard drive, CD-rom.... then met with "I bet you can't". Well, that's all it takes.

Off come the 4 screws, eyes closed, small screwdriver in pocket, loosen 4 screws and hold in left hand, swap fans, replace screws. In between pull the mini cable wherever it may connect to...

But I lost as I couldn't get the new one plugged back in properly. Got it all out, new one in but just couldn't connect the tiny connector the fans come with for power. Not bad though!! And a fan I didn't feel like getting to is now done at least. Hopefully the wifey doesn't read this or she'll next be challenging me to do work around the house!! :)

And back to rockin and coolness again. But hell, I could remove 4 of the fans and still be ok.

https://i.imgur.com/KwwGaG0.jpg