PDA

View Full Version : Threads Glitching

NightTrain
05-06-2020, 12:51 AM
Hi Guys & Girls,

There's some kind of glitch happening when someone quotes a YouTube video.

We're aware of the problem, and as soon as Jim rolls out of bed tomorrow morning, he'll be all over it.

I've tried to fix the Hornet thread after battling another one last night, and it's beyond my abilities - this is some sort of coding conflict that is Jim's specialty.

In the meantime, please refrain from quoting any YouTube video until this gets figured out.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Black Diamond
05-06-2020, 01:48 AM
Damn. I was gonna show the "glitch" scene in robocop.

jimnyc
05-06-2020, 01:44 PM
I posted this in another thread:

Folks, it's just a Youtube coding issue. Folks post a vid in a certain manner, and then when someone quotes it, the thread gets hung up and you can't see any posts beyond the last post that quoted the video in question. I am working on fixing it in one of 2 ways. The easiest way is for EVERYONE to post Youtube videos by simply copying and pasting the URL from the top of your browser, and the board does the rest and will post your video. But there's a current issue when someone post from an embed link and a youtu.be link code, and they conflict. Known for awhile and I haven't found a fix yet & I try to promote everyone using the easiest simple way of posting just the url - the http://www portion up in your URL bar. OR alternatively, folks shouldn't really quote videos anyway, IMO, as all it does is clutter a thread, but that's just me.

The bold is the most important. If at all possible, ALL MEMBERS should be posting the simple URL link to the page you are on for the video, and NOT the "embed" code option underneath the video. For now at least, and should have been that way for awhile as per an announcement, but folks all ain't reading them, and new members likely not reading older stuff either. So the best may be to take that "choice" out of the equation of posting in 2 different methods.