PDA

View Full Version : Military Bans COVID Survivors From Service

Hot Dogger
05-07-2020, 10:47 AM
But, but, but.... what about muh herd immunity?

Homosexuals. Check. Those with strong immune systems. GTFO.

The dismantling and weakening of our military continues.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2020/05/06/coronavirus-survivors-banned-from-joining-the-military/

It seems that someone leaked the memo?

https://twitter.com/Nathaniel_Free/status/1257380066343956486

STTAB
05-13-2020, 12:02 PM
But, but, but.... what about muh herd immunity?

Homosexuals. Check. Those with strong immune systems. GTFO.

The dismantling and weakening of our military continues.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2020/05/06/coronavirus-survivors-banned-from-joining-the-military/

It seems that someone leaked the memo?

https://twitter.com/Nathaniel_Free/status/1257380066343956486

More fake news that you have apparently fallen for.

The military has temporarily disqualified anyone who was HOSPITALIZED because of COVID19, and the reason is that they are concerned about the long term health of such people, you should know that you have to be in pretty good condition to bake it through basic training

https://qz.com/1853472/us-military-bars-recruits-who-have-been-hospitalized-by-covid-19/

Hot Dogger
05-13-2020, 12:29 PM

The military has temporarily disqualified anyone who was HOSPITALIZED because of COVID19, and the reason is that they are concerned about the long term health of such people, you should know that you have to be in pretty good condition to bake it through basic training

https://qz.com/1853472/us-military-bars-recruits-who-have-been-hospitalized-by-covid-19/

Nimrod, I cited Military Times and it's not fake news, you're fake news. COVID-19 is an exercise. I think COVID-20 is when the real biowarfare attack and subsequent nuclear attack occurs, at least Fauci's hinted at that when he says, "There could be another wave of COVID."

STTAB
05-13-2020, 12:38 PM
Nimrod, I cited Military Times and it's not fake news, you're fake news. COVID-19 is an exercise. I think COVID-20 is when the real biowarfare attack and subsequent nuclear attack occurs, at least Fauci's hinted at that when he says, "There could be another wave of COVID."

More name calling from the paint chip eater? You did cite the Military Times and promptly misinterpreted what they said. COVID survivors are not banned from serving. People who were hospitalized due to COVID are.

As for your "COVID19 was an exercise" delusions

LOL

Gunny
05-13-2020, 08:28 PM

https://qz.com/1853472/us-military-bars-recruits-who-have-been-hospitalized-by-covid-19/I can see the military doing that and it sounds completely reasonable for the reason you stated. The military doesn't want to end up 10 years down the line not only sucking up the medical bill, but a lifetime retirement check as well. Sounds like good business to me.

Besides, this is hardly an Earth-shattering, first medical DQ. It needs to get in line behind all the other reasons.

Hot Dogger
05-13-2020, 08:41 PM
More name calling from the paint chip eater? You did cite the Military Times and promptly misinterpreted what they said. COVID survivors are not banned from serving. People who were hospitalized due to COVID are.

LOL

If you click the link I gave and read the headline, that's what I cited. Hey, if I eat paint chips, you're the dip. :laugh:

As for COVID-19 being an exercise, that's what some in the Trump admin have said at press conferences. Do your research. :cool:

Hot Dogger
05-13-2020, 09:01 PM
STTAB, here's one mention of the COVID exercise:

https://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/news/center-news/2020-01-24-Statement-of-Clarification-Event201.html

See also the video at 1:04:40 - 1:05:10:

https://youtu.be/yoUCDJ6PxUE

STTAB
05-14-2020, 08:26 AM
I can see the military doing that and it sounds completely reasonable for the reason you stated. The military doesn't want to end up 10 years down the line not only sucking up the medical bill, but a lifetime retirement check as well. Sounds like good business to me.

Besides, this is hardly an Earth-shattering, first medical DQ. It needs to get in line behind all the other reasons.

Exactly Gunny, this is really no different than for example DQing people who have a history of heart disease.

Gunny
05-14-2020, 09:57 PM
Exactly Gunny, this is really no different than for example DQing people who have a history of heart disease.I don't know what they qualifications are now but back in the day (damn that sounds old), asthma would DQ you. Flat feet. An assortment of injuries; especially, to joints that required surgery. HIV would do it. Being married :laugh:

The US government doesn't want to pay to fix you with no guarantee you'll be worth the fix. Especially given the benefits associated with service-related injuries. If they accept you, it is automatically a service related injury unless they can prove fraudulent enlistment.

This would be taking a chance at the unknown or possible residual effects.

Kathianne
05-14-2020, 10:01 PM
I don't know what they qualifications are now but back in the day (damn that sounds old), asthma would DQ you. Flat feet. An assortment of injuries; especially, to joints that required surgery. HIV would do it. Being married :laugh:

The US government doesn't want to pay to fix you with no guarantee you'll be worth the fix. Especially given the benefits associated with service-related injuries. If they accept you, it is automatically a service related injury unless they can prove fraudulent enlistment.

A heart murmur-even one that wasn't a problem, kept plenty of kids out of Nam. Not sure what else.

STTAB
05-15-2020, 08:17 AM
I don't know what they qualifications are now but back in the day (damn that sounds old), asthma would DQ you. Flat feet. An assortment of injuries; especially, to joints that required surgery. HIV would do it. Being married :laugh:

This seems obvious, but I guess not to some.

STTAB
05-15-2020, 08:17 AM
A heart murmur-even one that wasn't a problem, kept plenty of kids out of Nam. Not sure what else.

flat feet.

Kathianne
05-15-2020, 09:30 AM
flat feet.
Gunny already mentioned that. ;)

Evmetro
05-19-2020, 07:09 PM

LOL

People who have been hospitalized for covid 19 ARE covid survivors if they are still alive.

Gunny
05-19-2020, 07:50 PM
People who have been hospitalized for covid 19 ARE covid survivors if they are still alive.Semantics.

In context, apparently DoD differentiates between the two.

icansayit
05-19-2020, 08:39 PM

I joined the navy at 17 in 1964 just as Johnson was beginning to escalate our ADVISORS(yeah). I had a mild heart murmur but didn't stop me until 2006 when I had my first heart attack. Flat Feet, and Conscientious Objectors who went to Canada, then came back stopped a lot of young men back then. Ear problems, vision problems and the tricks of Increasing their BODY TEMP with all sorts of stuff placed in their armpits got a lot of them caught too!

Evmetro
05-20-2020, 12:28 AM
Semantics.

In context, apparently DoD differentiates between the two.

I dont get it. If one is hospitalized for ANY potentially fatal condition and lives through it, I'd call them a survivor.

STTAB
05-20-2020, 09:40 AM
I dont get it. If one is hospitalized for ANY potentially fatal condition and lives through it, I'd call them a survivor.

What aren't you getting? If you got COVID19 but didn't need to be hospitalized for it, you are not disqualified from joining the US military, therefor the statement "military bans COVID survivors from serving" is incorrect.

Gunny
05-20-2020, 06:35 PM
I dont get it. If one is hospitalized for ANY potentially fatal condition and lives through it, I'd call them a survivor.Sure. Factually and technically correct.

Then the DoD differentiated between which survivor can join the military and which survivor cannot. Sub-categorizing is nothing new for the government.

You can have had childhood asthma and get a waiver and enlist. No guarantee it won't come back.

You can have asthma and you are not qualified to enlist.

You can get asthma in the military (rather easily -- exercise induced asthma is not uncommon) and the VA will be doling out some bucks for the rest of your life.

Same ailment. Separate sub-categories. Different endings.